OOC Heart of Darkness (Part II) - Page 17 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #241  
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 07:15 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is offline
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
If he can use the senses, he'll just pause thoughtfully once or twice.
I'll look at it more closely, but I think he would be in range to use Tink's senses in the camp. Let me know if he does, and I'll figure out what to roll to resolve everything.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 07:49 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
He definitely will if he's in range.

It's not a big deal if she figures out what he's doing, but he'll "pause to think about something," and pause as if he hears so curious noise - that kind of thing. He'll only check in a couple of times, though - he just wants a first look for anything suspicious.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old Nov 1st, 2022, 06:42 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
So...it's as if something ran across the tarp, or maybe landed and then flew off? Or did it bulge outward, as if something invisible were underneath it?
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old Nov 1st, 2022, 07:02 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is offline
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
So...it's as if something ran across the tarp, or maybe landed and then flew off? Or did it bulge outward, as if something invisible were underneath it?
This question awards you an Investigation check! Please roll.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old Nov 1st, 2022, 07:31 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
Er...sure, but my first question was just whether it was bulging in or out.
Dice surprisingly good Investigation:
1d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17

Dice doesn't seem like a Guidance opportunity:
1d4 1

Dice but maybe Tink Help:
1d20+5 (4)+5 Total = 9
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old Nov 1st, 2022, 07:45 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is offline
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,908
Yeah, I caught that. Any act of scrutiny is enough for me to check how far Jimmy's scrutiny reaches.

I'm counting neither Guidance nor Help for this, but Tink was able to do his own Investigation check. I used your second roll for him.

No matter the rolled result, I would have told you that the tarp was bulging downward. For the Investigation (17), I'll add that it was something large and rounded that pressed down and then stopped pressing down in a singular movement, meaning no steps. It was only a brief moment, now there is no perceivable weight on the spanned cloth.

@edit:
Could you please reference that Jimmy had an Investigation (17) result in his next IC post? Just for completeness' sake.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 1st, 2022 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 07:03 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
Tink did not see any spiders - correct?
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 07:42 AM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is offline
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
Tink did not see any spiders - correct?
Yes, though it's possible they are a bit deeper in.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 03:41 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
I just had Jimmy doing a lot, so I paused at the huddle in case anything prevented him getting that far.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 04:10 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is offline
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
I just had Jimmy doing a lot, so I paused at the huddle in case anything prevented him getting that far.
Nothing will interrupt Jimmy's strategy and your party plays along.

Tink was already invisible, so that part didn't change anything.

Just to clarify for myself, your party is now grouped together with enough distance to Gwynn to whisper amongst yourselves unheard and outside of her blindsight range, putting Gwynn between you and the camp but still within line of sight of her darkvision. Was that the intent?

If everything about that checks out, I think we can probably expedite things a little if you'd edit the last post and add Jimmy's address to the party. They're pretty much all confused by this.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World

Last edited by Mindsiege; Nov 17th, 2022 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 09:33 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
Just to clarify for myself, your party is now grouped together with enough distance to Gwynn to whisper amongst yourselves unheard and outside of her blindsight range, putting Gwynn between you and the camp but still within line of sight of her darkvision. Was that the intent?
Yes. I'll edit now.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 06:36 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is offline
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,908
I looked at the edit and I think it's a good moment for me to add a post in a bit.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 08:02 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
Yes, though it's possible they are a bit deeper in.
Isn't the cave opening only 100' diameter - so Tink should have been able to see the whole thing with his 120' DV?
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Mindsiege's Avatar
Mindsiege Mindsiege is offline
she/her
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 18272
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Posts: 10,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretID View Post
Isn't the cave opening only 100' diameter - so Tink should have been able to see the whole thing with his 120' DV?
That is correct, but the cavern isn't perfectly circular. There's a significant blind spot further in to the left and there are a few other sight-obstructing formations in the way. However, given that Tink moved around a little it seems pretty unlikely that the spiders are out in the open. So unless they are intentionally hiding, they are either around that one bent to the left or there have never been any spiders to begin with.
__________________
Continuously recruiting: The West Marches | Always open: The Solo Bazaar | Starring in: Dragons of a Broken World
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 08:30 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,482
If you don't mind, I'll roll for what Jimmy might know about doppelgangers, since I'm wondering about that:

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB