Game Thread Returning the sacrifice || Salt Golem - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > War of the Spider Queen > Game Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Dec 9th, 2022, 11:45 AM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 28082
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,371
Returning the sacrifice || Salt Golem

You can hear muttering even before you enter the meeting room and you feel an aura of Normally DC16 wis save but you're not chosen so it doesn't affect youfear shiver through you and hired servants run from the room as if, well as if a dragon is in it. As you get inside the room a table is set with a variety of foods including and entire fresh boar and a barrel of wine.

Standing sitting with a plate in front of him you see the Drow form of Dakon, a male drow dressed only in pants with a scaly pattern on his onyx skin. Eyes as black as pitch look to you and he smiles, "Excellent, you're here come eat and I will explain."

He takes a large bite from his plate and swallows without chewing then continues, "Mother has said you would aid me with my troubles so I will tell you the problem. You see my lair rests far above us in a very nice swamp area and recently some town built up at the edges of my lair and suddenly there were a number of very tasty animals wandering about in pens. I have, as is my due, taken some of these animals from time to time."

He continues speaking saying, "Now the humans of the town have gathered groups from time to time who have tried attacking me. Some die in these attempts and I return the others to their town with a reminder that they are in my territory and thus a few animals is no small price to pay. All in all this has not been a problem really but it seems they have tried a new tactic. An unarmed group brought a woman close to my lair and tied her to a rock. I am, as you know, not allowed to eat humanoids by order of the Matron Mother and only allowed to harm or kill them in my own defense. As you might imagine carrying this tiny human back to her town will likely injure her which would be frowned upon by mother. So I've put her in a small cave, left some food and water, and come here to ask you to return this woman to her town for me. Perhaps you could also inform the new Town rulers of my preference for animals and not humanoids?"

He takes a drink of wine and adds, "Oh and do be careful the area around my lair is not exactly safe. Which is why I couldn't just free this woman. Leaving an unarmed woman to die outside my lair would be frowned upon by mother. So, are there any questions? Feel free to grab something to eat and drink before you go." You do know the way to his lair though it is a few day journey to get to it.

Last edited by Ysolde; Aug 17th, 2023 at 08:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Dec 10th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 44529
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,269
Zevlina
right-aligned image

Zevlina shivered as she neared Dakon’s chamber, no matter how many times one had been there, being in such close proximity to raw, unbridled power was intimidating.She took a deep breath, running her hands down her stylish outfit, making sure everything was in place. She took a few moments so that she looked cool, calm, and collected before she entered the black dragon’s chambers.

The drow half-blood hardly noticed the food, her eyes were centered on Dakon. He was favored by Matron Mother and so for Zevlina, the appearance she projected could not be more important. She listened to his tale, ignoring the fact that he had no need to swallow his food. She nodded at the appropriate times and barely blinked as the dragon spoke.

Still… she could not disguise the sharp intake of breath when Dakon revealed that she would be headed to the surface… the surface!

Dakon chuckled as he saw her discomfort and Zevlina reddened in anger, an anger directed towards herself. As the child of an ​​iblith, Zevlina knew why she had been tasked with such a task; who else could walk the surface world and look the part. Save for her stark white hair, she had inherited the fairness of her weak mother. She had spent her life excelling in the shadows, running from her heritage and now she was being asked to embrace the worst parts of herself.

“I will do as I am bidden. I should be able to escort this human to safety without difficulty. If we travel in the darkness, there is little on the surface that should be able to detect our passing.”

Zevlina spoke in measured tones, being sure to keep the distaste for the mission hidden, lest word reach back to Lady Patin.

“It would probably be best if I traveled alone,” she added as she looked at her companions, a frown on her face.


OocEscaped training with no injury.

Zevlina Drassk
 

 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Dec 10th, 2022 at 04:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Dec 11th, 2022, 05:45 PM
Alemar's Avatar
Alemar Alemar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 12488
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Posts: 6,109
Oren Darksteel
left-aligned image

"You're Free to your privacy... But I had assumed that we we all summoned together for a reason? If you want to question that Zevlina... Or to disobey? Well then 'Good Luck', and 'Good Riddance' to you" Zevlina's own voice echoed in her head. It was a strange quirk of the spell cast by Oren; If you hadn't heard him speak before he lost his tongue, whenever he communicated with you it was always in your own familiar tone.

The Grey Dwarf was leaning against the back wall, looking as much the outsider as a Duergar would in the hallowed halls of a Drow Manor. He finally stepped forward, grabbing a few morsels from the table after all of the others had taken their fill. Even though he was not an actual slave in this House, he still very much felt like one... All those years in the Melee had shown him his place, even if he refused to accept how much he resented their effectiveness at stripping him of his dignity.

"We all know the way, and we know what must be done... I must gather some supplies for the journey ahead, and you are all welcome to accompany me while I do so. Or, we will meet somewhere to depart... 'Together' " The voice was heard in the mind of each person present, Oren nodding at them to indicating when he was finished with his message.

After he had finished with the meeting, Oren backed slowly out of the room before going to collect his gear. It was a sign of disrespect to show your back to a Drow. And if you were not mindful about it, you just might find a dagger plunged through a chink in your armor for your oversight.


 
__________________
We will break away Together... I'll be the Shadow, You'll be the Light. Nothing ever lasts Forever... We will go softly into the Night.

Last edited by Alemar; Dec 11th, 2022 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Adding Statblock
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Dec 11th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand is offline
Banned
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 2695
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Posts: 1,679
Lone Wolf:
right-aligned image

Borrs Padfoot hadn't been within this place for long and after the years he had spent in the snowy wasteland of the Shadowfell that he had been trapped in, he was just barely grasping the existence of such extravagant magic as was held here in this underground realm. This land wasn't his home and nor was the surface but he knew that he would easily be able to blend into a human village easier than many of the dark-skinned elves that lived down here.

He knew as he entered the chamber and felt the chill that ran up his spine causing the unnatural animal hackles that lay there hidden beneath his humanly flesh to rise against his will. He was walking before a very powerful being without a doubt whether he truly understood what a dragon was. This feeling wasn't from any other attendant in the room except the shirtless Drow sitting before a feast.

The pale, white-haired woman seemed more fit to be here from her demeanor than her appearance spoke of her. She was one of them despite her lack of onyxian skin-tone. The stocky gray-skinned dwarf fit far more than Borrs did but still seemed out of place and his mental speech was always an unnerving feeling in his mind.

After the gray Dwarf's bit was ...communicated... Padfoot did little more than nod, understanding the assignment and would see that the job was done. It wasn't his purpose that he needed to question, just the fact that he owed a dead elf a favor and these elves knew how to use him.

He hooked his right hand near his belt buckle and his left hand rested crossed behind his back, atop the shortsword that rested horizonatlly there, beneath his Piwafi, as he took several steps backwards from their host then executed a fluid spin as he retreated from the room to meet with the Dwarf in the equipment room, He would need to grab his pack.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Dec 12th, 2022 at 07:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Dec 12th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,356
GUL
right-aligned image

It suddenly wanted to run away as fast and far away as possible. A breath later It calmed down, the desire to flee gone, and softly took a step into the room, shifted to the left, into the shadows, as Its cloak brushed against the back wall.

It was the perfect combination of goblin and drow. Much more goblin than fey though. Its fey features included briar-ish hair, long pointy ears, sharp cheekbones, and a triangle face. Where the facial hair came was uncertain.

Its thoughts and focus went straight towards Dakon. As the dragon spoke Gul nodded Its head. Always agree with dragons. Its mouth watering upon hearing about the tasty animals and It instantly wanted to go.

It had no questions and moved to the table grabbing any cooked, or uncooked, flesh available barely registering or caring what the others were saying. Even Its own voice in Its head from the gray dwarf. It recognized the others, of course, though Its contact with them has been minimal. As It ate It considered each one.

The first to have spoken was a female of mixed blood. Dangerous up close. Not sure about at distance.

The second to speak was the Duergar. Tough one. Will take the front line.

It turned Its head to look at the others and nodded when It saw the wolf hound. Wolf will fight alongside the Duergar. It nodded Its head again as they left together.

Next was the female drow, one a bit higher up in the family dynamics than the rest of them. Can fight from any distance if rumors are true. It noticed the breastplate and then nodded to Itself. Be true.

The final member of the group was the human female. Smart. Group will be dealing with humans above. It doesn’t see any armor so this one has to stay in the back and fits the rumor of dealing out juju.

It always had Its belongings on Itself and did not have to leave to get Its gear. This gave It plenty of time to finish what the others did not eat. It smiled. Today be a good day.

It filled Its belly quickly. As It ate It considered the group and how It would interact with them. It liked to ambush from a distance with Its bow. arrows and juju. It then likes to get up close with Its kite shield and rapier. It makes Its healing berries always before It takes a long rest. Good to be prepared Also, It can alway quickly cast some healing mojo.

It stopped for a second. Waved Its hand as It casted a small spell. It created a small map on the wall behind the table. One that It had mesmerized. One It wanted to visualize. It waves Its hand again as It added in a few small avatars; one for each member of the group. It moved the avatars through the map that led from the city to the swamp. It did this multiple times. Finally It nodded Its head again as It had familiarized Itself enough with the path that will be taken. It waved Its hand and the map and avatars disappeared.


Actions & Stats
Actions
Movement:
Bonus Action:
Action: Cast Prestidigitation twice
Reaction:
Current Effect:
 
__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.

Last edited by Kshnik; Dec 12th, 2022 at 06:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Dec 12th, 2022, 05:29 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 44529
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,269
Zevlina
right-aligned image

Zevlina hated hearing her own voice being thrown back at her by the Duergar. It was annoying every damn time he did it but she accepted that he had no choice being without a tongue. She had been one of the few who made it through Melee Magthere without permanent scars. Whether that made her superior or just lucky… she wasn’t quite sure.

She frowned at Oren and rolled her eyes. She was obviously not questioning orders but she made of show of gesturing to the rest of the handpicked group. The human, Borrs, was he ever trust worthy to send to the surface? Zevlina figured her dagger would find his back soon enough if he tried to defect and join his kin.

And then… then there was the goblin. Zevlina had to hold her breath when he passed. The stench wafting from the mottled green creature made her nauseous. She watched through narrowed eyes as he shoved food in his mouth and his pouch and she could not help but to chastise the beast.

“Would it hurt you to at least pretend to be civilized? Why Dakon does not devour you, I will never understand.”

Zevlina felt like throwing her hands up in frustration. She had been grouped with the freaks and misfits... she did not deserve this.


OocMaking friends!

Zevlina Drassk
 

 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Dec 12th, 2022 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Dec 12th, 2022, 05:43 PM
HashtagBryn HashtagBryn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 31st, 2022
RPXP: 631
HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn
Posts: 62
Ouraeia
right-aligned image
Here, deep within the confines of the Platin estate, Ouraeia had answered the summons without disguise or illusion. She was, in fact, dressed comfortably, which meant that her skin showed edges of scales along her shoulderblades. Others, allies of the house all, had answered the summon before her.

She sat at the drow-dragon's welcome, and sampled the offered boar and wine. To do otherwise would be to insult his hospitality, after all, and she was not in the habit of insulting the hospitality of her allies. Perhaps especially of dragons. Although they were not, strictly speaking, vrael oro -- "Scaled Ones" in the tradition of her former people -- she felt a certain kinship with Sir Black.

Listening to Dakon's tale, she let the wine linger on her palate. The boar... well, the boar was gamier than she preferred, Momentarily, she longed for the fish of the Vilhon or the occasional exotic gamebird allotted by the Aviary keepers to those of suitable social standing. Still, it was better than any dish crafted from Underdark fungus, no matter how rich the sauces might be. In Hlondeth, she'd be apt to end up a broodguard, Ouraeia considered, and briefly wondered whether she could recreate the necessary concoction from half-remembered studies with the Cabal. But the thought turned distastefully in her mind. No, no one deserves such a fate as that, she concluded, setting down an uneaten bit of boar. Somehow, she wasn't so hungry anymore.
"It would probably be best if I traveled alone." The half-drow spoke. Zevlina, if memory served.
"Nonsense," Ouraeia curtly replied. Before continuing, she paused for two long breaths' time, long enough to allow an uncomfortable hint of silence following her break in decorum. "The caverns between here and the surface realms are no place for a lone traveler, nor even two. Were they otherwise, the might of the human kingdoms and their vaunted "heroes" would be constantly upon our doorsteps."

A sip of wine, and she continued. "The sunlit world is also, in its way, as treacherous as this one. If this endeavor is going to succeed, the..." For a moment, she stumbled over the word, hoping to find some less fraught descriptor. "...the sacrifice is going to need to arrive not only whole of body but of mind, and negotiations with her community will be required." Addressing the monk more directly now, "I have no reason to doubt your skills, but they are not sufficient for the task at hand." A gesture to the others in the room, "None of ours, individually, are sufficient, which I am certain is why our Matron, in her wisdom, set us upon it collectively."

With Invocation: Mask of Many Facesa word and a gesture, Ouraeia's features shifted slightly. Those ill-concealed scales blended away into skin that seemed unremarkably human. "For my part, I think I can put our guest at ease during the journey, and with any luck, broker an arrangement with those we return her to. It's... what I do, after all."

Last edited by HashtagBryn; Dec 12th, 2022 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Dec 12th, 2022, 06:28 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,356
GUL
right-aligned image


It looked up as one of them was talking loud. It turned out the female of mixed blood was talking to It. Not a true drow. Might as well be a goblin in this culture. It had no clue what the mixed blood female had said so just shrugged Its shoulder and smiled. It then grab some more meat. It turned, more on instinct, when the drow female spoke. It nodded Its head in agreement. It laughed when the female drow changed her appearance to a female human. It had that JuJu; though not as good as she.


Actions & Stats
Actions
Movement:
Bonus Action:
Action:
Reaction:
Current Effect:
 
__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.

Last edited by Kshnik; Dec 12th, 2022 at 06:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Dec 14th, 2022, 12:23 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 28082
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,371
Answers
Dakon smiles wide, no Drow mouth should have so many sharp teeth, "I do not devour you because 'Mother' taught me the rules. The rules of House Platin that we all abide by or else end up squabbling for the pleasure of the Spider Queen. My mother is a wise woman, one who bested the Demon Queen of Chains and she keeps this house, has saved all of us, for greater service."

By 'Mother', he means the Matron Mother, which everyone knows as she is the one who raised him from an egg. "You've been given this task to determine if you can be of greater aid in things that are to come. Something great is soon to be at hand and, if you can show your worth in this, you will be given a chance to serve in what is to come. So, finish eating and then head out. I will meet you again when you arrive at my lair."

Dakon's way to his lair is a flight through the Shadow Drake caverns, not exactly the way any of you would wish to follow but he's far bigger than any shadow drake.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Dec 14th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand is offline
Banned
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2023
RPXP: 2695
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Posts: 1,679
Lone Wolf:
right-aligned image

Borrs strode through the darkened halls of the Platin manor house, using his keen senses of hearing and smell to find his familiar way back to his quarters to grab his pack. It was something he always had ready but not something he carried with him all the time. This place was different than what he had ever been used to. Every place he had ever called a headquarters had it's amount of danger and oftentimes more danger than he had found here. He always expected a dagger to find his back and did his best to avoid any fight he knew he couldn't win but he had found a certain low level of danger from his 'allies' in this place that he had begun to feel comfortable as long as he was useful. He hadn't wandered the city much, it was dangerous for his kind but he had learned as much as he could about these strange, dark-skinned elves. He had only known one elf and one half-breed elf in his short time in this new realm since leaving his home-realm and while lighter skinned elves has a penchant for altruism, these dark-skinned Drow elves had a penchant for quite the opposite. He would fit in here eventually.

He found his way to his spartan quarters and made ready to leave quietly or as quiet as he could for a human. He tightened the leather bracers he wore and felt the tingle of magic that ran across beneath them. His idea of magic had changed from rare witchcraft and non-sense to factual and fantastical study only two years ago and he has done his best to embrace the advantage that it can give him. Along with these bracers and sword that he had obtained in the Shadowfell and the cloak he had been given upon joining this house, he had learned that magic was something to level the playing field with himself against those that wielded magic and other such creatures he had scarcely heard of and he wouldn't turn away any advantage he was shown.

He checked his bag to doubly make sure he had everything he might need for this mission and set off for the equipment room where he would meet with the gray dwarf, Oren.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Dec 15th, 2022, 07:35 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,356
GUL
right-aligned image


It finished Its meal, nodded good bye and then hopped down from Its chair. It had overheard the grey dwarf and wolf hound about meeting up in the equipment room. It had Its weapons, Its Quiver, Its backpack, Its bag and with a shrug of Its shoulder Why not It skipped out of the room and down the hall.


Actions & Stats
Actions
Movement:
Bonus Action:
Action:
Reaction:
Current Effect:
 
__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Dec 15th, 2022, 08:37 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 44529
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,269
Zevlina
right-aligned image

Zevlina had no appetite. Between being in the presence of a dragon and the nauseating stench of the goblin with its lack of manners… no… Zevlina could not eat. Instead having been given her mission by Dakon, the half-blood drow followed behind the others who had left to prepare.

Zevlina’s skill set was a bit different than her companions. At least that was what she thought based on her limited knowledge of her companions/competition. Dakon had said that this mission was just that, a competition for the Matron Mother’s favor and Zevlina had no intention of being pushed aside.

She could admit to herself that she felt more than a little threatened by the Yuan-ti. Her parlor tricks, while easily seen through by a drow… they would most likely prove quite effective on surface beings. But with that said, Zevlina had skills of her own. She owned the darkness in a way that the others could not fathom. The darkness was like a mother’s embrace for her. It promised her shelter and safety, and for Sevlina’s enemies… it was pure death.

While her companions walked to their quarters, Zevlina teleported from shadow to shadow. She was a silent wraith, stepping through planes of existence with each step until she returned to her small, sparse quarters. She fastened her purple corset tight and then slipped her bracers over her thin wrists, a thin, translucent sheen falling upon her as she did so. Around her neck, Zevlina fastened a fang choker. A gift from Matron Mother, she did not know from what creature the fang originated but she could feel the power of the item course through her.

Finally she slid on her cloak and a small backpack followed by an ornate bag upon her hip. Zevlina took a deep breath and went to meet her companions.


OocMaking friends!

Zevlina Drassk
 

 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Dec 15th, 2022 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Dec 16th, 2022, 12:03 AM
HashtagBryn HashtagBryn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 31st, 2022
RPXP: 631
HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn HashtagBryn
Posts: 62
Ouraeia
right-aligned image
Ouraeia had already had her fill of meat. She returned the wine glass to the table with practiced grace. "In your lair, then" she acknowledged the obligation the house dragon had placed upon her -- upon them all.

She turned, then, to examine the other members and allies of House Platin who shared in this new burden. The monk's independence still worries me, she appraised. And the goblin is inscrutable. Does... does it even speak a civilized language? Still, the motley assembly had sword arms and magic alike. They had been told to succeed, and Ouraeia was not accustomed to disappointing others.

"I think," she declared, largely to her tasked companions, "that I will ask T'Elynya to travel in my place. At least as far as Dakon's cavern." That the yuan-ti maintained a separate identity as a drow of the house, concealed by illusion, disguises, and deception, was a secret of utmost import outside the walls of the Platin estate, but hardly uncommon knowledge within. "If we were to encounter a representative of any of the other Great Houses before reaching the... security" -- it didn't quite seem like the right word -- "of Dakon's lair, it would be inconvenient to have to explain the presence of a foreign dignitary in tunnels beyond the city proper. Once we begin the ascent, however, I expect my skills will be needed to help keep our guest calm, and T'Elynya can remain behind..."

T'Elynya
right-aligned image
Another word, and the slightest of movements, and the yuan-ti Invocation: Mask of Many Forms. At-will powers are fun!altered her form once more. But this was no subtle concealment of scales; her entire body, her clothing, her very demeanor shifted to that of a young drow woman, attired sensibly for travel. There was not the slightest hint of hesitation as she stepped into the role of a different person entirely, even taking on a different voice, its tone both smoky and crisp.

"There's no time for more physical contingencies, so if anything interferes with my magic, we may have problems." She grinned brightly. "But that would probably be the case anyway!" Standing from the table, she slung her bag across her back. Although by any measure still unarmed, she continued cheerfully, "Anyway, that's all I'll need to get going. I'll meet you all at the tunnel mouth!"

And with a sprightly step, "T'Elynya" set out to await the others.

Last edited by HashtagBryn; Dec 16th, 2022 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Dec 17th, 2022, 11:57 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 28082
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,371
Into the underdarkYou meet again at the exit into the section of the Underdark that your house patrols. Since the family patrols about two days in all directions you face only the most minor of threats for the first two days. It is only as you move further away from familiar patrol areas that you meet up with true resistance.

It is in the morning of the third day that you meet with your first true threat. Another patrol is coming this way. The soft sounds are first heard by Gul who begins communicating to the others just as Borrs hears it as well. Nothing in this dark place is so quiet and deadly as a Drow patrol. You are not close enough to see them but you know you are beyond Platin patrols. You only have a very short time to decide what to do next…


DM Note:
Usually I might allow for a few IC posts but, in this situation, you may each only post twice before you either meet with the patrol or have decided to depart and thus must take an extra day to get to the lair. You may, of course, also discuss in OOC.

Drow patrols: A patrol usually has at least one female and about six total people in it. Assume they are about similar power levels as your own group if not more..

Last edited by Ysolde; Dec 17th, 2022 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 44529
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,269
Zevlina
right-aligned image

The group of drow adjacents moved through the dark corridors of the underdark, every step perilous, every breath taken, one step closer to death. There was no superfluous conversation as they traveled. There wasn't much to speak about. The group had their mission and for all their differences… the mission was all that mattered. The human girl would survive and be returned home… and the Matron Mother’s favor would fall upon those that performed well in the trials to come.

The first trial did not take long to reveal itself, only two days from House Patin territory. It was the goblin that heard the danger approaching first… then Borrs.

Another drow patrol approached and now a decision had to be made. The question; Should the strangers be approached… or avoided? It was possibly a life and death decision, drow seemingly being incapable of peaceful coexistence.

Zevlina shadow stepped from the deepest shadows to appear amidst the group. “Shall we avoid this unnecessary diversion? I can silence our steps, make it so they can pass us without knowing. Or…we can use this silence to lay an ambush. Time is of the essence so a decision needs to be made quickly.”

Zevlina stared at her companions.

"Thoughts?"


OocIf consensus is hide: Zevlina will cast pass without a trace for +10 to stealth (30 stealth after casting)

Zevlina Drassk
 

 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Dec 20th, 2022 at 07:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB