Game Thread Tru-Sight Futures: Divination via Dwarven Coins - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Hartartaland Histories > Falcon's Festive New Year's Eve
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 05:15 PM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 35386
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 11,272
Tru-Sight Futures: Divination via Dwarven Coins

HAVE A SEAT!
left-aligned image
Hello, I'm Tru, and I'm a soothsayer. Ingetrude Frostblossom is a Hin of the merry variety. She has set up in the great room, near the fireplace, but there is some privacy. She has found a little reading nook with benches that face each other. She bright-eyes you as you take a seat across from her. A small round table is between you. She pulls out a tray and three large, heavy coins, each of a different hue.

Welcome, seeker! These coins speak to your Quest, your Heart, and your Doom. I'll spin all three, and when you feel ready, slap them down. She is clearly playing--but there is an edge of the serious under. The coins have a mystic whiff. I was trained by Hethyl Arkorran, a one-eyed seer who saw better than some Beholders. She is long gone now to Hell, but I heeded her training, and I practiced. You'll find that my interpretation is as good as any.

She sets the coins spinning....

OOC
right-aligned image
Fortune telling! The Oracle Coins are three round flat coins that aid soothsayers in divination. The coins are the bronze heart coin, the iron quest coin, and the steel doom coin. Each coin has two sides: a house side and a figure side. To do your reading, the soothsayer sets the three coins spinning on a tray, and you slap them down one by one. The coins then show a house on the top side and you turn it over to see the figure on the bottom.

To slap a coin, roll a d6 and then a d53. Do this three times -- once for the heart coin, once for the quest coin, and once for the doom coin. Maybe like this:

Dice Roll:
d6 1
d53 2
d6 2
d53 24
d6 5
d53 17


If you want a BETTER read, link me to the game this character is from, if it is open, or consider at least SPOILER BUTTONING your character backstory for me if it is not open!
__________________
New here? Come play a NEW PLAYER SOLO GAME

Join RPGX Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Jan 12th, 2023 at 11:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jan 11th, 2023, 11:34 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 57540
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 15,720
Miss Zeepbel, Loxodon rogue
left-aligned image


Miss Zeepbel bounds through the door and, seeing Tru, tries to quickly quell her enthusiasm for a more dignified approach to the fortune-telling stall.

"Oh, am I the first? How pleasant," she says, batting elephantine eyelashes (not hers, but wonderful ones nonetheless). " Of course you know me, and my story, the Fabulous Miss Zeepbel of the Itinerant Dramatis and Theatrics Troupe from Ostgon! I'm willing to do an autograph later if you want. But for now, I want to see what those coins tell me about ... well," and she lowers her voice as she blushes and leans in, "do you think it should be the lion-tamer or the acrobat who I allow to win my heart and hoof?"



 


Spin those coins!
Dice Roll:
1d6 6

Dice Roll:
1d53 3

Dice Roll:
1d6 5

Dice Roll:
1d53 34

Dice Roll:
1d6 5

Dice Roll:
1d53 19
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 11th, 2023 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 11:20 AM
lostcheerio's Avatar
lostcheerio lostcheerio is offline
Swords, not words!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 40372
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Posts: 9,729
Mercy Petreva, Human Light Cleric of Sune
right-aligned image
Mercy sits down at the little table. Her knees are not quite able to fit, but she slides them off to the side and crosses her ankles.

"Why Tru, what an interesting tradition. I've only ever had my fortune read by one person before, and I have to say it was a pretty terrible experience. But in Barovia, can anything not be terrible? I wonder."

She looks over the magic coins. "I guess I'd want to ask these coins if I'll ever see my sister again, if she is still alive in this world or any other. I'd love to know if I will find love. After my experiences in Barovia, everyone in Daggerford and even Neverwinter seems a bit ordinary. And also... along those lines... am I meant to spend my days in quiet service of Sune now? Or will I ever throw another ball of fire into a room full of sleeping vampires? If they could help me understand any of those questions, I would be very glad."

She rolls up one sleeve and bites her lower lip, leaning over the table as Tru starts the coins to spinning. Then Slap - slap - slap! She whacks them down, each a little more vigorously than the last.

"I still want that girl talk I mentioned in the other thread, Tru," she says hesitantly, "If it's not too private. But maybe it is. Have you ever had these coins read for you? What did your love coin say?"

OOC
Dice Roll:
d6 1
d53 19
d6 6
d53 10
d6 3
d53 40
__________________
💮💮💮 "Who are you, reader, reading my poems an hundred years hence?" 💮💮💮
Is Rabindranath Tagore talking to you?
Come discuss the work of this Bengali polymath at the RPGX Book Club!

Last edited by lostcheerio; Jan 12th, 2023 at 11:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 08:41 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is online now
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 21422
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 6,616
A-ru
right-aligned image


The marda trudges over to the fireplace, his trusty companion Sneech the Primal Mastiff at his side. "What's this now?" He listens and then watches as the others take their turn, then frowns. "Eh...I don't think I can handle any more fortune tellin'." Sneech starts to whine, and A'ru pats him on the flank. "Ah, you go ahead, budsy! This is yer special night after all."

The mastiff barks and trots up to Tru, upon which the questions come rolling of his lolling tongue. "Tru, it is me! Sneech! Do you tell dog fortunes? Am I a dog? Am I a good dog? Will I have love, or do you need lips? What is love? Does my future contain venison? And when is my future? Please, and thank you."

He swats the three coins to set them spinning, then sits back on his haunches and watches Tru with expectant, soulful eyes.


Rolls
Dice Roll:
d6 3
d53 28
d6 2
d53 11
d6 6
d53 53





 
__________________
I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jan 12th, 2023 at 09:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 05:48 PM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 35386
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 11,272
Miss Zeepbel
left-aligned image
Tru looks alarmed, but also very interested as she examines the heart coin, which has landed figure up. Dally with 'em if you will, but it's not the acrobat, and it's not the lion tamer, either. If one of them was for you? You would already know it.

She taps the heart coin. Because your figure here is madness. When love comes for you, it will be an consuming tumble, giddy and frightening, past your control---not a thing you think over and then choose.

Now, Mad Love can be bad, I will not lie,
she warns, and then she flips it, and her face shines clear relief. But, lucky elephant, never when it lands in bells! Bells is joy. Bells is celebration. Bells is also often a wedding, so your beloved will return your feelings --- and they will last. Mad love doesn't, usually. This is good!

The quest coin reveals The Four in the House of Shields. She nods, and a bit of recognition comes into her gaze. She, too, has been a thief when she had hungry and beloved mouths to fill.

You are a protector. A provider. Those you care for are by nature wanderers. You travel, widely, North, South, East, West. Now The Four has other meanings, but in this configuration, it is an endless, homeless roaming that you share. You will have other tasks, but this is your life-quest, to care for this found family to all four corners of the Prime.

Last, the doom coin comes up Lovers in the House of Shields. Ah yes, you see--this is related. It will never be enough for you to escape a doom, will it? No. You must protect those dear to you. Even at the cost of your own life.

These coins say to me, here is an elephant worth knowing!
If Miss Zeepbul will allow, Tru will shake her hand.

She sees she has two more waiting. Let me just grab a tot of Rye to sip, eh Mercy and A'ru? Can I grab you something from the bar? And then we spin..

She hustles off, gets the drinks, and then steals a whole charcuterie board off the buffet while she is at it, dragging the giant thing back to the nook.
__________________
New here? Come play a NEW PLAYER SOLO GAME

Join RPGX Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Jan 13th, 2023 at 05:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 11:38 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is online now
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 21422
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 6,616
A-ru
right-aligned image


A'ru raises the reddish-gold tumbler of applejack that Tru has brought him as he waits for Sneech's reading, letting the lamplight filter through the liquid with a sigh contented nod.


"With 'Jack yez fears no evil.
With 'Jack yez face th' devil!"


He tips the contents down his gullet and shivers.

"Cheer inna glass."



 
__________________
I have taken the Oath
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 08:57 AM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 35386
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 11,272
Mercy
left-aligned image

Tru touches the fine stuff of Mercy’s dress, pinching it between two fingers. She is wearing her best, the green kirtle that brings out the summer green grass color of her eyes, but she'd bet it isn’t fit to wipe the counters of this woman’s kitchen. She’s on guard, a little, as she always is with gentry. But then, Mercy’s eyes are so bright and lovely and interested. Tru can’t sniff a lick of condescension---and oh, has she got a nose for it! ---so she can’t stay on guard, now can she? Tru smiles, real and open.

Meetcher. I like your dress. What is that? Sateen? She has heard of Sateen, but never worn it. Hell, she’s never seen it. It’s what Shavinda wore in Merry Thorn and the Lost Princess

Yeah, a dwarf named Birdy read for me. Hethyl. The devil owned her, and she only had one eye, but she could see. She promised me a little man who will put down roots with me. Children. A messy house and a tidy garden. Just, you know, home stuff. Likely sounds dull to you but, that's the thing I've always wanted. I’m ready for him now, I tell you. I’m currently interviewing prospects for the job.

As Mercy slaps the coins down, something about her decisiveness makes Tru say, Oh, I see the trouble. Cards? Not for you. You have to flip ten, though miserly seers will try to see your fate with less turning. Coins tell the truth in three, and I think three is your number. Look, even the coins all landed with the house up, so you have three the same. The Houses rule the figures in this reading.

She touches the coins, one after another, and says, Your house, my house, her house! feeling that ping at the back of her throat, as if her mouth is being a little bit borrowed. That was part of the read, spoken before she flipped to see the figures.

We’ll start with your doom, because you’re in it. Sun in the House of Bells! Pah. Get your arse out of that temple, beauty! It’s fine and pleasant, for a trap, but you will wither there and die of boredom. Your god has better jobs for you—just look at your quest!

Madness in the House of Wands. Now Madness can be a brokenness, or loss of a faith, but in this read, the Houses rule. Wands is magic, and your magic is divine. Your god will go with you when you leave the temple. I could read madness here as simply this change, but no---It’s more. I think it’s the idea of the impossible. You want a thing. That can’t be had. You have been told it’s nuts to even try, but the coins are saying , Then go nuts. Why are you alone? You should be----three.

She looks at the heart coin: Lovers in the House of the Rivers, and grins. And on the way? There will be love. A lot of it. I mean, a lot. You’re soaking in it. Your heart will bond and soar and break---and then move on.

How did I do?

Let me read for the awakened dog, here, and then perhaps more girl talk. I would like it.
__________________
New here? Come play a NEW PLAYER SOLO GAME

Join RPGX Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Jan 14th, 2023 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 35386
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 11,272
Sneech's Read
right-aligned image

The coins make no sense.

Are you Awake? she asks the dog. Sneech likely will admit he is, since he surely isn’t snoozing at the moment. Still, the coins are wrong. Wrong! She looks at the little druid Sneech came in with, nursing his Apple Jack. These fancy-arse people call it Calvados *eye roll* but much like A'ru, this gardener’s daughter knows Applejack when she tastes it.

Then she understands. That is a ranger, not a druid, and Sneech isn’t like her shrub. He is like Osco!

She peers down into the blazing center of the earth, deep into the magma, and calls the fiery little wolf to her. Osco comes, and instantly, he is butt up, paws down, making a play shape at Sneech, like recognizing like. They are both strangers on this plane, one primordial, one elemental, but both essentially doggish in their nature, both bound to a small person who serves the Wild in their own ways.

She waves A’ru over, if he will come, and says of Sneech, This friend of yours has no clear destiny on this plane, alone. His is tied up with yours, and so the coins are for both of you.

She invites him to sit. If A’ru isn’t interested, she will tell Sneech alone the things she sees.

I know you have his back, you good-hearted creature. I hope this reading helps you both.

Your Doom coin is where we start. You got the figure of the Ghost in the House of Wands.
This feels almost over-literal to her, just as Mercy’s doom did. The coins are being loud today. Something dead in a place of deep magic has it in for you. Step careful, Sneech.

This feels tied to your shared quest. A Storm in the House of Roses. Storms are most often a literal battle, so I’m glad to see A'ru has magic and a fine bow, and you have such good teeth. Now, Roses have thorns and deep roots. They seem delicate, but oh, they are hard to kill. A storm destroys the delicate blooms, only, and what is left is ugly and sharp. I’d say your quest quest involves a fight with something delicate and velvet and dear and lovely---that has gone very very wrong.

As for love, well. It’s almost always good to have your heart coin in the Bells! Joy, perhaps a wedding? Communication. ---But it also can be a warning. An Alarm. With the hourglass---oh, it's not romantic, sorry. I worry your time for love is past? This speaks to a love that never got to be.

But maybe not. It could also mean there is a great love in your future, but you will only have a slim, small window to secure it. I say this---should a chance for love present itself, grab fast and hold tight.


She stops. It's getting too serious. This is a party. Or perhaps it means the two of you are players, eh? A couple of love ‘em and leave em sorts who can give a girl all the bells --but only for a merry hour, and then on you go!

Well, for some girls, that’s plenty.


Tru included. She has never been a girl to turn her nose up if a curly headed Hin boy with a winning smile came by and kicked her boot, offering an hour full of bells. She lifts her glass in a toast.

To love, to luck, and merry memories, she says.
__________________
New here? Come play a NEW PLAYER SOLO GAME

Join RPGX Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Jan 15th, 2023 at 04:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 08:54 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is online now
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 31st, 2023
RPXP: 21422
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 6,616
A-ru
left-aligned image


Sneech points with his nose and front right paw at Osco. He then creeps slowly forward and sniffs around Osco's muzzle before retreating a few feet. The Beast of the Land feints a lunge and barks cheerfully before running circles around the fiery wolf. "It's me, Sneech!" he says happily. "Wanna chase mice with little red stocking caps on? Follow me!"

With that, the snowy mastiff dashes from the great room.

right-aligned image


Meanwhile A'ru looks much more sober than he did a moment ago. He mutters, "I guess there's no duckin' a fortune, whether I willed one or no. Fate will out." He looks ruefully at the crackling fire. "All that ghostiness is Malveen, sure enough. That one's a thornbush with no roses. Or maybe it's about Laisren. The lad's also got Rose headaches."

He turns his muzzle back toward Tru. "And that's what he gets fer fallin' in love. I'll keeps my bells to myself, thank yez all the same. Anyone that gives me the woozle eyes either wants my coin or got raised by wolves and needs ta get disconfused. So if that kinder love reaches through the winder fer me, I'll be slammin' the sash on its fingers."

He touches his cap and adds, "Thank yez fer the readin', Tru." Then he ambles back over to the bar.



 
__________________
I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jan 17th, 2023 at 06:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB