Notices

Old May 15th, 2023, 02:39 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8941
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
The Resistance

Post your applications with links to your character sheets here.
Old May 15th, 2023, 02:46 PM
Spes Temporis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2705
Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool
“Unit 13 - Game Character
right-aligned image

Name: Unit 13 (ne. Eric Balfive)
Race: Warforged
Class: Fighter (Battle Master)
Background: Soldier
Party Role: Tank

Character Concept: Aliens ? Don’t aliens steal people’s brains, and use them for nefarious purposes ? Sure they do. Someone’s brain was stolen by the aliens and put into a battle suit.. But it managed to break free of it’s programming and now works against the aliens.
*Yes, I am sure there is a film about this, but it wasn’t that good, and anyway this is AD&D, far more real !

Mannerisms. Personally, and Appearance
  • Some of 13’s old personality as a human still exists… he used to be a soldier, the first group to be “attacked” by the aliens, in-fact the 13th conversion. So he’s regimented, follows orders.
  • 13 knows his old name was Eric… something… it might come to him in the future, but his memories are very dim.
  • 13 is a robot… with a human brain.. Who knows he was a human. He’s angry but in a “deep down seething rage” way. Towards the aliens.
  • 13 is a sleek metal killing machine, except he’s lost all of his “robot” killing know-how as well, he’s just back to a basic human brain in a robot body. In his head a red glowing light shines dimly, increasing in intensity when he goes into battle.
Heirloom: His brain ! Protected deep inside the robot “somewhere” is his human brain. Maybe one day it can be used to restore his whole self.
Mechanical Flaw: Disadvantage on all History checks… his memory is not that good.

Personality Trait 1: 13 is driven to eliminate all aliens.
Personality Trait 2: 13 wants to know who he was.
Ideal: Somehow through magic maybe.. Restore his old self.
Bond: To humanoid’ity…
Flaw: 13 doesn’t remember much before his brain was taken.. His first name (Eric), maybe a building or two, but its very frustrating.
Goals: 13 wants revenge.. BIG revenge.. After all, his brain was ripped out and put in a machine.

Last edited by Azathool; May 15th, 2023 at 04:47 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 03:07 PM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7141
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Boyd
Race: 1/2 Elf
Class: Blood of Vol - Death DomainCleric
Background: House Vadalis - Role: InvestigationHouse Agent
Personality traits 2: I never forget an insult against me or my house. I'm critical of monarchies and limits on the houses.
Ideal: Discovery. I want to learn all I can, both for my house and for my own curiosity. (Any)
Bond: My house must evolve, and I'll lead the evolution.
Flaw: My secret could get me expelled from my house.

Backstory: Boyd was raised in a House Vadalis enclave in Breeland known as the Hearth where he served as house staff for the many Mage breeders working there on various projects. However, unbeknown to him he was also the subject of one of those projects himself. The Known as the Feral Heartgroup responsible for those projects used forbidden magics to unleash nature's full potential and breed living weapons, without regard for morality. One of their projects was to artificially induce dragonmarks in individuals without them. The lure of the power that could be had by a single house having an unlimited supply of Dragonmarked individuals at their disposal was incredible. However, the projects success rate was abysmally low and those that did develop a mark would invariably be aberrants which would then have to be destroyed. Boyd was one of the many failures without a trace of Dragonmark ability either regular or aberrant, and so like the other rejects, he was simply relegated to the role of manual labor at the Hearth and probably would have lived out his days there if it hadn't been for the last war and the Day of Mourning.
In the last war all the nations wanted Vadalis bred mounts, and so there was an unprecedented need for animal handlers and drovers. That meant that just about anyone who was non-essential was sent out to help the delivery teams, including Boyd. When the Mourning struck, Boyd was helping to deliver a pair of magebreed Hammertails to Boyd never even knew which side it was who was buying the animals.a unit on the edge of Cyre. Suddenly, dead grey clouds that somehow burned with blinding white light began rolling over the countryside, destroying everything that they touched. Boyd, along with everyone else who was able, ran for his life, but the clouds were just to relentless to escape. As the Mourning inevitably closed in on him, Boyd felt a searing pain begin burning in his chest before bursting forth in a fountain of energy that simply obliterated anything near him. Mercifully, the pain was enough that he blacked out, assuming that he would awaken only in the dull grey landscape of Dolurrh.
However, when he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see the brilliant green of fresh pastures stretching out before him as far as the eye could see. Boyd leapt up in astonishment at being alive, but as he turned around, he was greeted by something even more astonishing, a roiling cloud of the same dead grey mist that he had seen earlier, though this time there was no burning light blazing forth from it. He was startled from his revelry by an unexpected voice just behind his left shoulder saying, "I was quite surprised to see you stumble out of there an hour ago with your Divinity Within on display for all with eyes to see." Boyd whipped around and standing where moments earlier he had seen nothing but endless fields, he now saw an elderly male hobgoblin in the black and red vestments of a priest of some kind and the blank white eyes of a blind man. The man smiled and held out his hands in supplication. "Worry not. If I meant you any harm, I could have slain you while you were collapsed on the grass here, but I... I saw potential in you. Perhaps more than you see in yourself." And that was how Boyd met Josephus, Seeker of the Blood of Vol and his new Mentor.

RP Sample: Boyd surveyed the scene before him, thinking to himself, What a waste. Who knew what potential divinity these people could have unlocked within themselves if they had simply lived for a few more years? True, the likely answer was none, but that was always the exciting thing about potential, it could surprise you. Now about the only potential that these bodies held was for feeding worms and making sure that the cemeteries were some of the best fertilized fields in all of Eberron.
Unexpectedly, he heard a voice, and turned to see a soldier standing alone at the mouth of a side alley. "Help me" the man repeated over and over and over in a slow, strained voice. Normally, Boyd would have sadly dismissed him as one whose An injury that he unfortunately did not possess the power to heal.mind had been broken by the tragic event. But then he noticed the blue glow of the man’s eyes and was intrigued. Was this some new form of the Divinity Within presenting itself for Boyd’s wonderment? However, before he could even call out, Boyd noticed the small, emaciated humanoid hunkered down behind a crate watching the scene unfold. Perhaps it was a simple observer, not unlike Boyd himself, trying best to determine how to help, but that was not the impression the young priest was left with. No, this felt much more like a trap, just waiting to be sprung, with the glowing eyed man as the bait.
Raising a hand to the broach of red glass and brass secured at his shoulder, Boyd mutters not so much a prayer as an affirmation of his beliefs. "May the Divinity Within me serve as a beacon to light the way for the same spark that is within you." He pauses a moment as he feels the power flow from himself toward the other man, then he calls out. "Hold on, I’ll return with help!" He didn’t know if his blessing would help the man or not, but at the moment it was the best that he could do.

Last edited by kanly; May 19th, 2023 at 02:19 AM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 03:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 244
Sturm Brightblade Sturm Brightblade Sturm Brightblade
Kren Tholmas
right-aligned image
Name: Kren Tholmas
Race: Kalashtar
Class: Druid - Circle of the Stars
Background: Guild Artisan - Cartographers, surveyors, and chart-makers

Personality traits 2: I like to talk at length about my profession. I'm well known for my work, and I want to make sure everyone appreciates it. I'm always taken aback when people haven't heard of me.
Ideal: Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood. (Chaotic)
Bond: I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
Flaw: I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by rivals.

Backstory: The first thing that Kren ever saw, before his mother, before the midwives, before his father, he saw the stars, bright and beautiful shining on him in the night sky. He grew up in a small community of Kalashtar that had chosen to live within the Sharn, working and living together in a number of houses that they had joined together to make one large living space. After his chores, close to his bedtime, he would always sneak upstairs, sitting on his roof to look up into the sky and admire the bright shining orbs. Soon enough he started to draw what he saw in the sky, constellations, major stars, but he didn't know the meaning behind his drawings, not until the community gave him an astrology book for his 10th birthday. He considered this gift one of the greatest things anyone could have ever given him.

With the book in his hands, he would teach what he learned to the rest of his family. Even if they didn't want to hear about it, reciting page for page the knowledge that was known about the stars in the sky. As he learned, his skills in mapping the stars began to excel, enough that when people passed by they were interested in his work, and even offered to pay for them. It was then that he was discovered by a Cartographer known as Milan, a member of a guild of like minded thinkers and artists. He offered Kren a position within his company, to become a guild member and told him that if he was as good as he thought he was, he could make himself and his family a lot of money.

Intruiged, Kren and his family agreed to send him to work for Milan, with his teachings, Kren became a well skilled Cartographer himself, recreating the works of others and making them better, editing changes within the lands to keep their maps updated with current events, soon many travelers that came through Sharn would have a map made by Kren with his signature on them, that being a constellation that was prominent at the time when he made it.

But this wasn't the only thing going on in his life, secretly, without much of his parents knowing, he had a knack for understanding and communicating with animals, and on his travels would feel as if nature itself was guiding him to new trails, paths, tunnels, caves that had not been explored much before. At first he just felt that it was his gut feeling, that was until he had run into one of the midwives that had helped his mother give birth to him. Speaking to her, she revealed that she was a druid, a being that was in tune with nature and was granted special gifts from it. When he was born, the star that had fallen was taken as a sign by the druid, and so, without his family knowing, he had been given a blessing from her, to be granted gifts similar to hers, but his blessing had changed, becoming more about the sky than the earth. She knew little of this, so she explained that he had to learn this way on his own.

After meeting her, he took what she told him to heart, and now when he travels, he doesn't just to make new maps, he hopes to find some kind of meaning within the stars themselves.

RP Sample: What was Kren seeing before him! Someone with bright shining eyes called for help before him, and behind him, hiding themselves behind crates were strange creatures that he had never heard or seen of before! He tried his best to not keep looking at the creatures and focused on the man before him.

Sir, I'm not sure what kind of trouble you've gotten yourself into but they don't look very friendly! he cried out to the man as he got himself close to the man and began to chant a few words in druidic language, pressing his right hand onto the ground, suddenly where he saw the creature, a bonfire appeared under it, not only possibly harming the creature, but starting the crates around it to start to burn. In that moment, he lifted himself up and ran to the man.

Come on, if you want help I need you to start moving!

Last edited by Sturm Brightblade; May 17th, 2023 at 03:56 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 03:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5173
leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88
Lefty's App
right-aligned image

Name: Cruum
Race: Half-orc (custom lineage)
Class: Monk (1st lvl rogue dip)
Background: Urchin
Trait: I eat like a pig and have bad manners.
Trait: I don't like to bathe.
Ideal: The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Bond: My city is my home, and I'll fight to defend it.
Flaw: It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Cruum's Character Sheet

BackstoryThe day Cruum was born was a beautiful day. The sun shined, the birds chirped, and the sound of laughter permeated the small town. Everything was as it should be. That was, perhaps, the happiest day of Cruum's life.

Everything went downhill from there. His mother caught a nasty disease months after her pregnancy and passed before Cruum began forming many memories. His father drowned the pain in ale, and one night a drunken argument turned into a fight and Cruum woke up the next day as an orphan.

But Cruum was a crafty boy. He figured out how to survive on the streets. He'd seen the orphanages and wanted no part of that life. Nobody was going to tell him when to get up or when to go to sleep. Nobody was going to force him to eat oatmeal or vegetables. Cruum made his way in the world with nimble fingers and quick wits.

The local crime lord was continually grooming the street kids for new employees. One night he watched as Crum fended off three thugs with nothing but his bare fists. The crime lord was impressed, but when Cruum turned down his offer of employment, the man couldn't understand.

"I can make you rich! You bust a few heads for me, I'll give you protection, I'll give you family. You'll never want again."

"Do I look like I need protection? Do I look like I need a family? I say I'm doing just fine. I don't need nobody tellin me what to do. I gots me and that's all I need."

Cruum made an enemy that day. But he didn't mind, it was good practice. The thugs that came after him were never fast enough to do any real harm, and Cruum enjoyed taking a few criminals out here and there. He'd flop the unconscious bodies onto a cart and wheel them down to the nearest guard house, then slip away into the night.

RP SampleThey got away this time. Khazolini had been sending smarter thugs after Cruum, but he just thought of it as advanced training. This last bunch had landed a few hits, and one of them had actually drawn blood, but in the end, the thugs were the ones running. Cruum wiped the blood from his arm and smiled. When would Khaz learn?

He looked up at the night sky and his smile slipped. It had been starry just a few moments ago before the thugs attacked. Perhaps a storm was rolling in? Cruum left the street and ducked into a side alley in order to find protection from the rain he assumed was coming. But when he entered the alley, he stopped dead. People were frozen mid-step. It looked like they had been running away from something and time had stopped. In addition, they were all glowing faintly. Cruum stepped closer and realized a fine mesh of some sort covered them and was emitting the eerie light.

Magic had never been his strong suit, but he figured that was what he was seeing now. He dared not touch it. What if it trapped him as well? He stepped back to study the pitiful creatures and only then noticed the crater behind them. They had been running from that. A barrel sat in the middle of the crater as if it had been dropped from the clouds. Could people store spells in barrels now? Crum stepped back even further and turned to leave.

"Help me."

Off to the side, a soldier struggled to stand upright. His shoulders slumped like he hadn't slept in weeks, and his arms hung at odd angles. It looked as if a child had put together the armor and was unsure where the legs and arms were supposed to go. Cruum started towards the soldier but slowed his roll when he noticed the eyes. Human eyes didn't glow blue. Nor did elf or dwarf.

"What's wrong with you, man? Are you ... What's that behind you?"

A small pink creature hid behind the man. Its head was the size of a watermelon, but strangely it has no facial features other than its large yellow eyes. These eyes followed Cruum as he deliberated.

"Hey! What are you doing back there? Did you see what happened?"

The creature ducked behind a crate and Cruum sighed. "Gonna have to do it the hard way." He picked up a loose rock and threw it behind the crate to make a diversion, then quickly ducked out of sight and ran around the building. A few grunts and groans later, Cruum crouched on top of the building looking down at the... thing. Its bulbous head wagged left and right searching for where his quarry might have gone.

Cruum pulled half a loaf of sourdough out of his bag and settled in to wait. The newlywed couple who had been eating it was too caught up in smooching earlier this afternoon when Cruum passed by to notice that it was gone. He tore off a chunk and popped it in his mouth, making sure to eat quietly. Who knows how well that creature down there could hear. Cruum would observe and bide his time patiently. He had nowhere else to go.

Last edited by leftyyy88; May 15th, 2023 at 08:29 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 04:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2503
ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett
Rori

Character sheet link Rori Moonglow

Application
right-aligned image

Name: R'or'iyistricar "Rori" Moonglow
Race: High-Elf
Class: Artificer - Artillerist
Background: Criminal (Enforcer/Bounty Hunter)
Personality Trait 1: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Personality Trait 2: I cannot keep my hands still and may end up dismantling something absent mindedly during a conversation.
Ideal: Honor. I don’t go back on a deal once it's made. There has to be some order in my life.
Bond: I will become the greatest Bounty Hunter who ever lived.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.

Backstory
Rori was probably the worst Wizardry student from their clan. Maybe ever. When the other students were studying their grimoires Rori was tinkering with the potion heaters to make them run hotter and burn cleaner.
After tinkering with one to explosive results Rori's mother found an Artificer in need of an apprentice and Rori was off to the city!
The Dwarven Artificer Hafdan Knapper was a decent enough teacher, and a bit of a retired adventurer, but not the best business person. To make ends meet Hafdan worked for certain underworld parties to collect bounties for specific targets. In essence Hafdan was an enforcer with the appearance of legitimacy as a sort of Bounty Hunter. The crime bosses pointed out who to turn over to The Guard and Hafdan obliged. He got the bounty - and maybe a little something from the crime boss - The Guard got an alleged criminal off the street. It was all good.

It was during this leg of Rori's apprenticeship that they learned the importance of keeping a deal - no matter what - even if the target wasn't technically guilty of the crime as charged. Because if you broke the deal - you'd get broken on the wheel, and no one would find your body. Sometimes the person fingered by the crime boss wasn't actually guilty of the particular crime Hafdan turned them in for. Maybe that should bother Rori. They're not so sure yet.

With Rori's apprenticeship over they were considering their next options when something fell into the city.

Roleplay
Help Me.

Puzzled, Rori tilted their head and peered through the scene to try to make out what was going on. Seeing the strange, pink, goblinoid-creature, Rori drops into a defensive posture - their legs bent, ready to spring in any direction, longsword held out in a low block.

"Corporal Donner?" Rori asks the soldier, thinking they recognize the man. Calculations run through Rori's head - does Donner look controlled? What kind of control? This doesn't look like any of the Charm spells Rori was supposed to study so many years ago. What kind of pink, goblin monstrosity crawled up from the sewers?

I need more information, Rori thinks, or more guards.

Rori's left hand points at the weird creature and they calmly say in Common, "You'd best back off, friend."

Last edited by ratchett; May 16th, 2023 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added WIP tag to charsheet, then removed WIP tag
Old May 15th, 2023, 04:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4382
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Name: Sirius
Race: human(variant)
Class: fighter(battlemaster)
Background: solider(city guard)
Personality traits 2:
I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. I’m haunted by memories of war. I can’t get the images of violence out of my mind.
Ideal: my city is all that matters
Bond:Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.
Flaw:I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.

Last edited by delpinator; May 15th, 2023 at 04:27 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 05:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6408
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Logan Boysen
Race: Halfling (Mark of Hospitality)
Class: Life Cleric
Background: Pirate
Personality Trait 1: My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
Personality Trait 2: I work hard so that I can play hard when the work is done
Ideal: I'm committed to my crewmates, not to ideals.
Bond: The gods of my people are a comfort to me so far from home.
Flaw: I can't help but pocket loose coins and other trinkets I come across.

Last edited by Kshnik; May 15th, 2023 at 10:56 PM.
Old May 16th, 2023, 07:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3212
Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70
App
right-aligned image

Name: Ossian Whitetail
Race: High Elf
Class: Wizard
Background: Charlatan
Personality Trait 1: I've enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society. Rough living grates on me.
Personality Trait 2: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal: Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.
Bond: One day I will return to my family a hero, and prove them all wrong.
Flaw: My family history prevents me from going home. That kind of trouble seems to follow me around.

Character Sheet
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=92863

Ossian Whitetail
right-aligned image

Class: Wizard 1
AC: 14 when Mage Armour active17
HP: 7
Passives: Perception=13, Investigation=15, Insight=11
Melee Attack: Dagger= +6 to hit and 1d4+4 damage. Unarmed=+3 to hit and 2 damage
Cantrips: You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.

If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.
Light, Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
30ft.
Components:
V, S
Duration:
1 minute
Source:
PHB, pg. 256
A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within range. The hand lasts for the duration or until you dismiss it as an action. The hand vanishes if it is ever more than 30 feet away from you or if you cast this spell again.

You can use your action to control the hand. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it.

The hand can't attack, activate magic items, or carry more than 10 pounds.
Mage Hand, Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
60ft.
Components:
V
Duration:
Instantaneous
Attack/Save:
INT 13
Source:
TCoE, pg. 108
You drive a disorienting spike of psychic energy into the mind of one creature you can see within range. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or take 1d6 psychic damage and subtract 1d4 from the next saving throw it makes before the end of your next turn.

This spell’s damage increases by 1d6 when you reach certain levels: 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).
Mind Sliver, Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
30ft./5ft.
Components:
S, M(a bit of fleece)
Duration:
1 minute
Source:
PHB, pg. 260
You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.

If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else's voice, a lion's roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.

If you create an image of an object--such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest--it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube. The image can't create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it.

If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature.
Minor Illusion
Spells: Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
Self/30ft.
Components:
V, S
Duration:
Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Source:
PHB, pg. 231
For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.

The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.
Detect Magic, Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
Touch
Components:
V, S, M(a piece of cured leather)
Duration:
8 hours
Source:
PHB, pg. 256
You touch a willing creature who isn't wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends. The target's base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier. The spell ends if the target dons armour or if you dismiss the spell as an action.
Mage Armour, Casting Time:
1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Range/Area:
Self
Components:
V, S
Duration:
1 round
Source:
PHB, pg. 275
An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.
Shield, Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
90ft./20ft.
Components:
V, S, M(a pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket)
Duration:
1 minute
Source:
PHB, pg. 276
This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber. Roll 5d8; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can affect. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures).

Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected.

Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, roll an additional 2d8 for each slot level above 1st.
Sleep
Rituals: Casting Time:
1 action
Range/Area:
Self/30ft.
Components:
V, S
Duration:
Concentration, up to 10 minutes
Source:
PHB, pg. 231
For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.

The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.
Detect Magic, Casting Time:
1 hour + 10 minutes
Range/Area:
10ft.
Components:
V, S, M(10 gp worth of charcoal, incense, and herbs that must be consumed by fire in a brass brazier)
Duration:
Instantaneous
Source:
PHB, pg. 240
You gain the service of a familiar, a spirit that takes an animal form you choose: bat, cat, crab, frog (toad), hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider, or weasel. Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the familiar has the statistics of the chosen form, though it is a celestial, fey, or fiend (your choice) instead of a beast.

Your familiar acts independently of you, but it always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar can't attack, but it can take other actions as normal.

When the familiar drops to 0 hit points, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. It reappears after you cast this spell again. As an action, you can temporarily dismiss the familiar to a pocket dimension. Alternatively, you can dismiss it forever. As an action while it is temporarily dismissed, you can cause it to reappear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of you. Whenever the familiar drops to 0 hit points or disappears into the pocket dimension, it leaves behind in its space anything it was wearing or carrying.

While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.

You can't have more than one familiar at a time. If you cast this spell while you already have a familiar, you instead cause it to adopt a new form. Choose one of the forms from the above list. Your familiar transforms into the chosen creature.

Finally, when you cast a spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell. Your familiar must be within 100 feet of you, and it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll.
Find Familiar, Casting Time:
11 minutes
Range/Area:
30ft.
Components:
V, S, M(a tiny bell and a piece of fine silver wire)
Duration:
8 hours
Source:
PHB, pg. 211
You set an alarm against unwanted intrusion. Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 20-foot cube. Until the spell ends, an alarm alerts you whenever a Tiny or larger creature touches or enters the warded area. When you cast the spell, you can designate creatures that won't set off the alarm. You also choose whether the alarm is mental or audible.

A mental alarm alerts you with a ping in your mind if you are within 1 mile of the warded area. This ping awakens you if you are sleeping.

An audible alarm produces the sound of a hand bell for 10 seconds within 60 feet.
Alarm
Arcane Recovery [ ]

Last edited by Talissen70; May 18th, 2023 at 12:20 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2024, 04:18 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2345
Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol
Tay
right-aligned image
Name: Tay d'Cannith

Race: Human

Class: Wizard (Bladesinger)

Background: Folk Hero

Personality Trait 1: I am steadfast in my own beliefs, even as it puts me at odds with my house

Personality Trait 2: I am easy to approach and quick to befriend, perhaps naively so at times

Ideal: I will always try to help those more needy than I, even if it puts me at risk

Bond: I am haunted by the death of a young woman who I was unable to save.

Flaw: The self-perceived guilt of my own failures causes me to self-sabotage at times of great stress.

Why have I turned my back on my own house to help the common people? Well, I haven't turned my back on them, not really. My own house has lost their way, and they have lost sight of what it truly means to be dragonmarked. I want to make a difference, not just in science and technological innovation, but a difference to the lives of my peers and those around me. And if that means I am outcast from my own house, well that is the price I choose to pay for my beliefs.

BackstoryTay d'Cannith was once a young scion, part of House Cannith who was earmarked by his own brilliance to do incredible things in the advancement of science and technology. The problem was that Tay himself had no interest in the scientific and technological curiosities of his peers. Instead, from a young age, Tay was strangely distant from the other members of his house. Keeping himself apart from both family and peers, Tay's life was struck by an emptiness and a loneliness he couldn't quite reconcile within himself. Whatever his purpose was, whatever his reason for being was meant to be, he was simply not fulfilling it. Marked by his own parent's cold, perfunctory attitudes towards him to his own shunning of others in the house, Tay kept to his own devices.

From an age he was able to, Tay took to the streets within Dura and Cliffside, spending time with the poorer folk and learning about them and their own cultures. This attitude and affectation frustrated the elder's within House d'Cannith, itself a powerful political force within the city of Sharn, and over time Tay's ostracisation from the great house deepened. Indeed, Tay's parents were deeply embarrassed from stories emanating from Dura about their son's activities and frivolities amongst the seedier taverns in the place. Tay, for his own part, felt more of a kinship with the poorer folk than he ever had amongst his own house. Yet, his own purpose in life had not been discovered, content as he was to simply drink and carouse his days, using his own family's money to do so.

Back in those days, Tay was possessed of a streak of selfishness that would later come to define who he was and who he ultimately wanted to be.

One thing that Tay was always careful to do was to keep his true identity a secret. Such a thing would only lead to unwanted problems given the areas and haunts he was known to frequent. And yet during his time there he struck up a deep and fast friendship with a group of individuals who were jokingly referred to as "The Hands of Dura." Called so because they quite often stuck their hands into places where they really really had no business going into. One of the Hands of Dura was a young woman called Clara, with her deep brown eyes and curly brown locks, Tay found himself falling for her over time as he got to know her, finding in her a kindred spirit whom he had so badly lacked in life. Of course, Tay divulged in Clara his true identity, that he was an estranged member of House Cannith. And yet this in itself made no difference to their ever growing relationship, and this in itself Tay was heartened to see.

And yet, on the day that Clara came to him, asking for his help, he rejected her. She had gotten into trouble, and she needed a fast loan of money to get herself out of the mess she had gotten into. Feeling disappointed and stung by what it was she was asking for, Tay denied her. The two had an argument and Clara stormed out of the tavern that they had been drinking in. That night, Tay had a change of heart. Feeling disappointed in himself and that he had reacted so badly to her request, and of his own selfishness that had led him down that path, he resolved to seek her out come the morning and lend her the money she needed.

Morning was too late though. Clara was found dead that night, face down in an alleyway. Her body had been defiled and ruined, past the point of healing or restoration magic being able to help her, no matter Tay's resources.

The guilt crushed Tay d'Cannith. That night he almost took his own life. And yet he did not. But what he did do that night was resolve to change. No longer would he allow himself to be led by his own selfishness and selfish desires. He would use the gifts he was given to help others. Clara's spirit would allow for nothing less. Finally turning his back on his own house, Tay renounced the name d'Cannith and resolved to walk the streets, helping others wherever he could.

RP Sample:This night, as he did all nights, Tay walked the streets of the self-styled City of Towers. Where he went, he did not truly know, and truthfully, he did not care. That was the way of things, ever since her death. To say he was directionless was a fallacy, Tay did have a direction. He just did not know the road that he would take to get there. The City of Towers, the city of the sleepless. Where those who did not have a place often fell through the cracks, forgotten and lost. Never to be seen again. Tay did not truly know whether he was one of those forgotten and lost. One of those who was also destined to fall through the cracks of a city that would swallow whole those who were unprepared or foolish.

Am I those things? Unprepared? Foolish?

Once perhaps it was fair to say that Tay, formerly Tay d'Cannith was all those things. But he was different now, and it had taken his own selfish vanity to grasp the full truth of those things. Tay still saw a flash of deep brown eyes, a tumble of curly brown hair, the face of a thousand dreams that had haunted him for so long now. Ever since the day he had turned his back on her and she had paid the ultimate price for his own foolishness.

A soft sigh, a puff of breath as it pierced the slight chill of the night air. Tay held out a trembling hand, and there, with it held forth, he summoned forth a flash of bright white light. The light took form and shape, it coalesced into the shape of a pretty young woman. A young woman who still held those sparkling brown eyes that had captivated him heart and soul. Reaching out with his right hand, Tay bowed his head as it passed through the illusory image. A form that he could never hold again. Not in this life.

"I'm sorry," Tay's whisper echoed around him, but she could not hear it. She would never hear anything again.

Another sound shattered Tay's reverie, and in a flicker, the image vanished.

"Help me."

It was the voice that drew him through the alleyway. Of course, Tay went forth towards the sound. There was nothing in him that would consider otherwise. Not since the day. The day that had changed everything. It manifested itself first as a strange, almost luminescent glow. It was only when he got closer that Tay saw the man.

"Help me."

Tay looked past the man. He saw the strange scene unfolding around him. Of people, trapped in place, restrained by what appeared to be glowing green webs. And behind them.....a strange, cylindrical object. What was this? Who were these people? Why were they trapped like this? Tay's instincts screamed at him to turn and run, but he did not.

He knew that she, she would not let him.

It was a bitter smile that crossed his face as he moved forwards to the man at the face of the alleyway.

"My friend," Tay began slowly as he scanned the area warily. "By the Sovereign Host, what has happened here? Who are you?"

It was then that he caught sight of the strange creature behind him, and Tay's eyes widened in surprise and disbelief. His hands flared up with light as he called forth the magical energy that was his right to possess. The magic energy that was the final remaining legacy of the house he once considered himself part of.

Last edited by Vaynol; Feb 25th, 2024 at 02:54 PM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2024, 10:08 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 787
Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm Ghrimm
right-aligned image

Name: Seeker Bhastyan Torryn
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Warlock/Undying (Blood of Vol) – Pact of the Blade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Marine
Personality Traits(2): 1. I speak rarely but mean every word I say. 2. I am dependable.
Ideal: Perseverance – No injury or obstacle can turn me from my goal of achieving true immortality. (Any)
Bond: I strive to be the example of the power of the Divinity Within to those who have settled for relying on divine beings for aid.
Flaw: My intensity can drive others away.
Backstory: Raised in a devout family, Bhas was taught to meditate on the Divinity Within from an early age but it wasn’t until his military career took a dark turn that he found his spark – or it found him.
Bhas was the third son of a fairly successful family of ranchers on the plains of Karrnath – nestled among the foothills of the Ironroot Mountains. By family tradition his eldest brother stood to inherit the family holdings after his two years of compulsory service, and the second son – also by tradition – was sent to be an acolyte at a nearby Seeker chapel following his two years. This meant that any subsequent male children must find their own way in the world, which for most meant military or civil service.
Bhas had no talent for civil duties, and no patience for them, so sought to make his name in the service. Karrnath had a long military tradition, which meant that it was often difficult to stand out. Fortunately Bhas was a skilled warrior and soon rose past the rank and file, earning him the rank of sergeant and a transfer to a newly formed marine unit. Unfortunately the officer in charge of their unit, a cocky nobleman, was big on attitude and low on tactical know-how. Since the end of the war Karrnath’s naval forces had been tasked primarily with patrol and suppression of piracy. Every ship of the line holds a contingent of marines as boarding was a common tactic. In their first skirmish with piracy Bhas’s lieutenant instructed them to board and seize the pirate ship even as it was breaking away, thus stranding Bhas and a few of his fellow marines on board. They managed to make it into the hold where they fought a last stand. Bhas was injured and slipped into the bilge.
Upon awakening Bhas was forced to survive on brackish water and rats for days. He suffered from fever brought on by infection. During this time he spent many hours in contemplation of the Divinity Within, and in his desperation he finally seemed to find his spark. It lent him not only the strength to survive but helped him to free the pirate’s slaves and lead them in a revolt – a feat that would not have been accomplishable aboard one of Karrnath’s galleys due to their use of undead for oarsmen. Upon returning to Karrnath with the seized ship it was only to discover that his incompetent lieutenant would be awarded the credit for the capture.
After decking the young officer Bhas found himself drummed out of the military – his accomplishment the only thing that that spared him from summary execution. This suited Bhas fine as his divine spark seemed to be calling him in another direction. With the funds from his discharge he took a lightning rail to Sharn, the City of Towers, and a fresh start.
RP Sample: Bhas had been in the city for a few days, trying to make contacts that could lead him to gainful employment possibly as a mercenary or an adventurer. His divine spark seemed to have been kindled under duress, and it was through duress and study that Bhas believed it would continue to grow – eventually leading him closer to immortality. As he wandered the shadowy backstreets on his way to the cheap inn he was staying at, Bhas heard the sounds of screaming and detected a dim green glow from around the next bend. Clutching his spear, he dashed forward and peered cautiously around the corner. The scene that greeted him was like nothing he had seen before. Glowing green webbing seemed to have spewed forth subduing, or possibly killing several people. As he struggled to make sense of the scene he heard a voice.
”Help me”
Turning, Bhas finds a soldier standing near the mouth of an alley. Taking a step towards the man he addresses him. ”Are you alright? Do you know what happened here?”
The soldier is armed so Bhas steps closer with caution, his own spear at the ready. The man spoke again.
”Help me.”
There was something off about the voice, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. It was only then that Bhas detected a strange blue glow to his eyes. Then he noticed the odd little creature behind the man. It was like no creature he had ever seen before but he couldn’t help but feel it had something to do with the soldier’s weird response and glowing eyes. And there was every possibility it had something to do with the scene behind him as well. ”And just who is it needing my help here? You, or that strange looking goblin behind you?”

Character Sheet

Last edited by Ghrimm; Feb 26th, 2024 at 11:01 AM.