Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 26th, 2023, 08:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5157
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
I.I
right-aligned image

"Clothes, hey? Hmmmm..." It stroked it's metal chin and pondered, hard. It had a hat once, a fancy top hat. But that had been lost at the bottom of a lake that had since enterally frozen.
Something did come to though.
"When I left the arena, I did nab one of the gladiator's kits....think it had some clothes in it....hold on! It rumaged through its backpack with gusto, noticeably giddy with excitement. "Ah! Here they are!"
Fur shorts. Extremely fluffy, extremely short, bear fur shorts, strapped with leather and studs. He guaged Avelyn's expression and put them down slowly. " Not what you were thinking, huh? Hmmmm. Then," it clicked it's fingers and pointed them like pistols "No."

Old Jun 27th, 2023, 01:25 PM
Inspiration inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11472
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Bronam Bloodshield
right-aligned image

"Hmm... I join you at our patrol." Bronam says to Avaelyn. "But ... it..." he nods to Ignatius in its bear fur shorts with leather and studs. "Should be dressed... I mean, really dressed, like a normal hum... warforded. Not like a kinky metal fur... whatever." The more Bronam gets known of Ignatius Ignatius, the more the large firbolg - cleric of Selune, conqueror of the sea and defeater of the storm - feels uncomfortable in its present.
"Has some a cloak... a blanket? A cape? Anything...?" his voice sounds slightly desperate. For a moment, Bronam thinks about buying the warforged some clothes of his own money.

Bronam BloodshieldFirbolg Twilight Cleric Level 1 (Link to character sheet)
AC: 18; HP: 10/10
3 adventures in The Door.

Actions this round: investigations and talking to the innkeeper.
Notes:
By default in the hands: right hand: warhammer; left hand: shield
Old Jun 28th, 2023, 04:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
I.I
right-aligned image

"Give me five minutes?" It wasn't much of a question as the Warforged was already out the door and on his way to a MagicCon Merch-er.
Upon his return, he presented a dark green cloak that would have past for a fairly decent item of clothing hadn't it been for the large Gnomish face in the centre giving two thumbs up, surrounded by the bubble font words "MagicCon Was Good!"
"Just another mook in the crowd, ain't I?"
The furry shorts however, made their way back in to its pack. Perhaps to reappear when winter comes.

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Jun 28th, 2023 at 04:27 AM.
Old Jun 30th, 2023, 12:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16969
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Evening Constitutional Convention
right-aligned image

As the squad enters the convention area, the still evening air is thick with the scent of incense, adding an ethereal atmosphere to the surroundings. As they walk under and among the tents, they encounter mages from various backgrounds, each displaying their unique attire and magical accouterments. Some robes and cloaks are richly colored and embellished with intricate patterns that represent their magical schools or affiliations. Some wear pointed hats or carry staves adorned with gemstones and ornate carvings, serving as both a fashion statement and a tool of their craft.

Different sections of the convention area showcase different aspects of magical arts. In one area, the party observes mages engaging in animated discussions about the theoretical foundations of spells, debating the esoteric intricacies of magical formulas. Their conversations are punctuated by the occasional burst of arcane energy, as they demonstrate their theories through small-scale displays of magic.

Moving on, they come across a section dedicated to potion brewing. Here, alchemists gather around bubbling cauldrons, meticulously measuring ingredients and mixing colorful concoctions. The space is filled with the tantalizing aroma of herbs, roots, and rare substances, as alchemists seek to create potions with various effects.

Another area captures the attention with vibrant displays of elemental magic. Fire mages conjure controlled flames, weaving them into mesmerizing patterns that dance and flicker. Water mages manipulate droplets of water, creating intricate water sculptures that float gracefully in the air. Earth mages shape the ground beneath their feet, causing it to rise and form intricate stone formations. Air mages summon gentle gusts and whirlwinds, creating a delicate symphony of wind chimes.

In a corner, they find a small stage where performers entertain small crowds with their spellbinding acts. Illusionists captivate onlookers with their uncanny ability to deceive the senses, making objects appear and disappear, or transforming their own appearance. Meanwhile, enchanters transform ordinary objects, imbuing them with magical properties that make them useful or even dangerous, at least theoretically.

Throughout the convention, the crew can overhear conversations about ancient artifacts, mythical creatures, and legendary wizards of the past. Mages exchange knowledge and swap spell recipes, while others engage in friendly duels to demonstrate their magical prowess.

Amidst the animated discussions and vibrant displays of magical prowess, the adventurers notice a section dedicated to merchandise and souvenirs. It’s a small but bustling marketplace filled with stalls and tables adorned with an array of enchanted trinkets and mystical curiosities.

One booth catches the eye with its assortment of colorful crystals and gemstones. Each is said to possess unique magical properties, ranging from enhancing one’s focus and clarity to providing protection against malevolent forces. The crystals are meticulously arranged, catching the lantern light and casting prismatic reflections.

Adjacent to the crystal stall, one finds a cart displaying beautifully crafted wands crafted from various woods. Some are adorned with intricate carvings and embedded with gemstones, while others have feathers or other decorative elements. A few steps away, someone is selling selling spellbooks, scrolls, and various scribing tools and materials.

Further along, a car is laden with vials and bottles containing magical potions and elixirs. Each vial is meticulously labeled with its effects and instructions, and the merchant seems eager to explain the potions' properties and offer guidance on their usage.

And of course, no convention would be complete without a variety of souvenir options. T-shirts adorned with whimsical illustrations, featuring (presumably) famous mages and iconic spells, catch the party’s attention. There are also miniature replicas of legendary artifacts, such as magical swords and mystical staffs, perfect for display or as collectibles. Additionally, the adventurers find mage-themed keychains, mugs, and even spellcasting kits for aspiring wizards to practice their skills.

As the main group makes their way through the convention, their sashes sometimes seem to draw some attention, but I.I. notes no one present taking an unusual interest in the party.

Thirty minutes is barely enough to allow the completion of a first quick turn around the grounds. After checking in at the post and receiving a Atreyan’s approval, the party returns to traverse a slightly wider arc.

OOCPausing briefly to allow for any additions or changes. Otherwise, they’ll continue as already planned until something notable happens.

I have Bill with one potion and Avaelyn with the other.

I don't have Zolan's rest details, right?

Last edited by secretID; Jun 30th, 2023 at 12:59 PM.
Old Jul 1st, 2023, 11:00 AM
Wriggly Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4325
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Avaelyn, paladin of Il-Mater
left-aligned image
The paladin followed behind Zolan and Bronam in a single line. He'd have rather adopted something like a diamond shaped formation, but even with the crowd making an extra-wide part for the Firbolg, it just wasn't feasible. Trying not to look like a gawking peasant, Avaelyn still kept his eyes moving throughout the crowded area in an attempt to not be surprised by anything. Still, too much of his scanning fell into the visual realm of his peripherals.

Seeing everything here was turning out to be a lot different than just being told what to expect. For one thing, the sheer number of magic practitioners meant that most of them must have made the month-long voyage from the mainland just to be here for this. There was no possibility that even half this amount could reside in Westhaven. Then there was the strange merchandise. While Avaelyn could appreciate the benefits of a properly enchanted item, most of this stuff was so esoteric as to only interest an arcane researcher. The extremely odd souvenirs caught his eye, though they made him question the logic of their existence. A thin and delicate shirt that actually stretched a bit. He did appreciate how soft the stretchy material felt, but knew it would never stand up to the rigors of the road, let alone battle. The illustrations they depicted were quite amazing however, not created with stitching as he was used to. Then there were the key chains with strangely monogramed tabs hanging from them. He'd heard of key rings possessed by jailors and precious few others, most not having a vast collection of keys on their person without the need to open multiple locks on a regular basis. Even so, why would you want a strange tab just adding to the bulk of your key collection?

The paladin just shrugged to himself. Wizards could be a funny lot. If he needed reminding that there's more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of by his philosophy, Avaelyn needed only to glance at the obviously touched Zolan in front of him.
OOC

At first I thought really? T-shirts and key chains? Then I remembered that one of our party is walking around in a Dead Space engineering suit equipped with a hologram and another is an actual robot.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; Jul 1st, 2023 at 11:11 AM.
Old Jul 1st, 2023, 12:53 PM
Inspiration inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon LeDragon
Bronam Bloodshield
right-aligned image

Bronam led the group through the masses of beings of all kinds. So many species, so many cultures.... As a sailor, he had already seen a lot, but it still amazed him what diversity was revealed here. I must definitely set sail again and visit these distant lands and peoples. Catfolk, Apefolk, people with blue skin - were they human? - and scaly creatures with yellow snake eyes and horns.
He would have loved to have a chat here and there with a particularly striking creature. Of course, duty called, but there was certainly nothing wrong with some purely investigative conversations here and there with suspicious beings. Unfortunately, the others were walking right behind him. Therefore, Bronam left it at friendly nods of the head, if again someone jumped startled to the side.

The market stalls were another distraction from duty that the firbolg would have been only too happy to indulge in. While these were all arcane tools that he of course didn't need as a cleric, they were interesting nonetheless. So much effort to mimic of a fraction of divine power. Selude had blessed him enough so far and would continue to bless him in the future, so there was no need for flashing frippery and golden staffs with colorfull glass beads. Somewhat pityingly, he looked at the congress participants and the souvenirs. Mimics of mimics of real power.
Humans...so small. He felt sorry for the race. Mages...so weak. A poor class.

The young twilight cleric feels a sense of superiority over the rest of the world that is as pleasant as it is very subjective and very unfounded.

Actions this round: walking and watching
Notes:
Old Jul 3rd, 2023, 09:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
One More Thing Before Bed
left-aligned image

Walking a wider circle around the convention grounds, the party stops to check back at their post before they can complete this circuit. Before they reach the door, they see an unfamiliar civilian standing outside the post. He is anxiously looking around for something when he spies the approaching rent-a-cops. He immediately approaches them, before they reach the guard post.

“I was told to find you here,” he says in a tone containing equal measures of anxiety and irritation, “but the post is vacant. There’s some disturbance at the Orkeen Library." Seeing little recognition in the adventurers’ faces, he rolls his eyes only a little and says, “Right. New…comers. It’s around the way to the left there; you pass the…” The man reviews some reasonably clear directions to a location less than several blocks away.

Old Jul 4th, 2023, 01:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15719
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
’Belated’ Bill Bramblebough
right-aligned image
Bill found himself less enchanted with the whole festival than he had expected. Oh, certainly there was plenty to see and do that piqued his interest, but the old halfling found the large crowds rather more off-putting than he expected. He was quite certain there were more people at this one event than lived in his entire community back home. Perhaps if he were a goliath, or firbolg, or even an actual child, people wouldn’t be so quick to jostle him about, but as it was he felt a bit like an apple in a bob tank as people walked right into him. Perhaps he would return on the morrow and take more time looking around, maybe talk to some people about magic, though he suspected he might just take a nap.

As they arrived back at the guard post the nervous looking fellow approached them, which was fair, since ‘nervous’ was the right state for approaching a group as well-armed as this one. At mention that the post was empty, Bill wandered over to the door to take a quick look inside; no reason to doubt the man, but it seemed prudent to double check.

”Library, you say?” he asked as he called back over his shoulder. ”What kind of library?”

Old Jul 4th, 2023, 02:30 PM
Wriggly Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4325
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Avaelyn, paladin of Il-Mater
left-aligned image
About to respond, the Paladin looked over to Bill with brow furrowed in consternation. What kind of library indeed! Probably the kind stuffed with books. Was there any other sort? Sighing, Avaelyn gave his head a tiny shake and turned back to the messenger. "What kind of disturbance, I think might be the more appropriate question. We'd like some sort of hint about what we're going to walk into."
OOC

Old Jul 4th, 2023, 03:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

As Bill confirms that the guard post is in fact vacant, the messenger responds to his question. "What kind?" he repeats, apparently puzzled. "The kind with books, I guess." A glance at the man reveals no sarcasm in his expression. "Or...papers? I've never been inside," he elaborates. "I guess it's about whatever Orkeen was interested in. Or maybe it's about Orkeen?" he conjectures. "I don't know anything about the guy. Maybe because I've never been in there?"

Avaelyn's sharper query shakes the man from his musings. "Oh, I don't know," he answers. "They just sent me here to tell you."

Old Jul 5th, 2023, 10:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15719
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
’Belated’ Bill Bramblebough
right-aligned image
”Well, he’s not wrong; this place is deserted,” Bill announced as he turned back from the empty guard post. ”Guess that means it’s up to us to sort things out.”

While he waited for the others to sort themselves, Bill quickly patted himself down, making sure he still had everything he might need if they ran into real trouble again. This time he would lead with his magical spells, rather than his face, and hopefully come to a better outcome. He could only imagine the embarrassment of being knocked out a second time would bring his way.

Old Jul 5th, 2023, 11:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I.I
right-aligned image

"Books?! GAH, why can't anything happening in an interesting place. Like a brothel, or better yet, a smithy. I tell you, I've had this dent in my back for weeeeeeeks." the warforged held ita back and shifted around uncomfortably. Of course, as with most of what Ignatius Ignatius said, it was clear to see it was nout but a falsery.
But there was something about this messenger that just wasn't sitting right with the grizzled watchman part of it. Ignatius Ignatius came up close to the man's face, eye to eye. It took a deep breath and took the man's measure. "Who is they, boy? The dogs father?"Hmmmm? it growled.

OOCInsight check please. +1

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Jul 5th, 2023 at 11:23 PM.
Old Jul 7th, 2023, 11:48 AM
Inspiration inside ®

Tools
User Statistics
Bronam Bloodshield
right-aligned image
The patrol had remained without result, and Bronam is not sure whether this was good or bad. Had the attackers scrambled or were they already preparing for the next incident?
The appearance of the man at the post was therefore a welcome change from the prospect of sitting around for the rest of the day.

"Yeah, who sent you? Who are 'they'?" asks Bronam the newcomer, before he is mentally tripping Ignatius Ignatius' desire to storm a brothel. And what the hell are dog fathers? A visit to a repair shop is apparently overdue. If Bronam understood anything about maintenance intervals and updates, he probably would press the button for restart with reboot at Ignatius Ignatius once.

Actions this round: walking and watching
Notes:
Old Jul 8th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

The messenger pauses, nonplused, for a moment before Bronam clarifies the question. "Oh - the convention guys. With the shirts? 'Staff' - you know. A couple of them." In fact, on their patrols the adventurers have seen a few individuals wearing yellow shirts with black lettering so identifying them.

I.I. keeps a frankly suspicious eye on the man as he explains, but the automaton fails to come to a conclusion regarding the man's sincerity.

Old Jul 8th, 2023, 01:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I.I
right-aligned image

"Aye, well then," said the automaton, it's eye still oppressivly close to and sussing out the messenger, "You best lead the way then..." It's tone was dark, as if to say "If you try anything funny you'll be finding out how difficult it is to drink when a metal lunatic punches you in the throat."

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Jul 8th, 2023 at 01:20 PM.