Game Thread The Door - Page 36 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #526  
Old Jan 7th, 2024, 01:12 PM
TheMagnificentGuy's Avatar
TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy is offline
Gummy Bear Expert
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 9th, 2024
RPXP: 401
TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy
Posts: 217
Leonidas Senex, Priest of Ioun
right-aligned image

"Well this isn't going well now is it?", cried the cleric as his rushed forward towards Dee. Positioning himself between the goblin attackers and Dee he knelt beside and assessed her wounds. "Stay with me young one', he said softly while trying to stabilize her wounds.


Medicine Check
Dice Medicine check to stabilize Dee:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22


OOCWith insight into the goblins intentions I've amended my post to stabilize Dee instead of using a potion.


 


 
__________________
I have sworn the Oath of Sangus.
Looking for interest in Cairn: Wands of the Whippoorwill Wood.

Last edited by TheMagnificentGuy; Jan 7th, 2024 at 06:55 PM. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old Jan 7th, 2024, 08:36 PM
Luezon's Avatar
Luezon Luezon is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 15th, 2024
RPXP: 1254
Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon
Posts: 182
Maghrim Oroz, Hobgoblin Wizard
right-aligned image
Maghrim Oroz (he/him) - Hobgoblin Wizard (1)
AC 14 | HP: 9/9 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft | P/Per 12, P/Inv 14, P/Ins 12 | Status: Normal
STR +3, DEX +2, CON +3, *INT +6, *WIS +4, CHA +0Saving Throws | Arcana, Athletics, History, IntimidationProficiencies | Common, Goblin, Dragonchess, Land VehiclesLanguages & Tools
Darkvision 60ft | Cantrips: Green-Flame Blade, Lightning Lure, Sword Burst | Prepared: Burning Hands, Ice Knife, Magic Missile, Shield, Silvery Barbs | Ritual: Detect MagicSpell Slots (LR) 1st 2/2 | If you would miss an attack or fail a check or save, can add a bonus equal to number of seen allies within 30ft (max +5).Saving Face 1/1 SR | On a short rest, recover up to 1 level of spell slots.Arcane Recovery 1/1 LR |


Hearing Dee's cry of pain as she was felled, Maghrim considered turning back to protect her but was relieved to see Brother Leo tend to her with efficiency. As Jihanna pursued her attacker into the woods, the hobgoblin reared back to face the wall of fog and the dangers lurking within. "We've almost got them," he shouted to his allies - his voice more confident than his true emotion. A key aspect of warfare lay in bravado.

His ears twitched, listening for the shrouded goblins' footsteps but they were too subtle and his eyes flicked back and forth, trying to gauge where they might emerge. He couldn't be sure - his spellcraft was not as forceful as his blade, but it would afford him greater range to lash out at their assailants. The halberd crackled with lightning once again...



Maghrim's Actions & Mechanics (in order of operation)
Movement: Position to maximise his range/reach on the edge of the fog bank (note that Goblins 3 & 4 in the fog exceed his passive Perception of 12)
Action: Ready Lightning Lure (15ft range)

Reaction: Release Lightning Lure at first goblin emerging from the fog within range - DC 14 Strength saving throw, or be pulled up to 10ft directly towards Maghrim, taking 6 lightning damage if they end adjacent to him.

Dice rolls:
Dice Lightning Lure Damage:
1d8 6


 

__________________
he/him | Timezone: AEDT (GMT+11) | Sangus-Sworn
Arin Danash in Age of Desolation: Gallaht | Maghrim Oroz in West Marches

Last edited by Luezon; Jan 7th, 2024 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 07:26 AM
Wes51992's Avatar
Wes51992 Wes51992 is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2024
RPXP: 192
Wes51992 Wes51992
Posts: 111
Hagezall
left-aligned image
Hagezall - Ranger Male Half-Orc
AC 18 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , Passive Perception 12, Passive Investigation 11, Passive Insight 10 | Status: normal


Not seeing any immediate goblins, Hagezall held his bow and arrow and moved towards Bro. Leo to protect him as he was attempting to stabilize Dee. "Where are you little devils?" he said looking around the trees while standing in place. Then quickly glancing at Bro. Leo he tried to reassure him, "Don’t worry. Do what you gotta do. I got your back."

Hagezall Battle Action
Applicable Spell/skills to your turn:
Movement: Towards Bro. Leo and Dee
Free action:
Action: Readied ranged attack (longbow)
Bonus action:
Reaction:
Dice rolls:
Dice Readied attack roll (ranged), piercing damage:
d20+4 (14)+4 Total = 18
d8+2 (6)+2 Total = 8


Last edited by Wes51992; Jan 8th, 2024 at 07:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 05:16 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2024
RPXP: 13068
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,676
IC The Case of the Kidnapped Flowers
right-aligned image

Leo moved over and used his medical skills to patch Dee's wounds. However, the girl was still unconscious. Fang, the badly injured Dire Wolf, hovered protectively but did not interfere with Leo.

Typically, Goblins prefer to have a three-to-one advantage over adventurers. In this case, the numbers were not enough to prevail. One Goblin failed to hide from Jihanna, and the monk brutally beat him down. A second Goblin burst from cover attempting to avoid the PCs, only to be shot down by Hagezal.

The third Goblin was snared in a whip formed from lightning and dragged in front of Maghrim. The imposing Hobgoblin Devastator towered over the Goblin, Halberd in one hand and a whip crafted from lightning in the other. The scene was too much for the Goblin.

"Please don't kill me." The creature sobbed.


"OOC"
The Door #22, Post 8
OOC
  • The Episode has become a two-parter - a bit of exploration, combat, and social stuff. When we get to the end, this episode will count as two.
  • All, unless the group goes murder-hobo on the last Goblin, we're in a bit of an interrogation/social scene. In this case, I'm going to let the players roll - I suggest Interrogation and Insight. However, sometimes the GM will want to roll when the result is not immediately obvious - e.g., is the NPC telling the truth, or is the roll just really bad?
  • TMG, I initially overlooked Leo's good Passive skills (Perception, Investigation, Insight). Don't be shy about mentioning that Leo's using his passive skills to get a sense of what is going on or even using the various skills actively, with a bit of Guidance out of combat.
  • Fang is conscious, Dee is stabilized.
  • The combat is over. The remaining Goblin is groveling in front of Maghrin.
  • The PCs have advantage on any Intimidation checks to question the remaining Goblin (e.g., why they attacked, where are the stolen flowers).
  • The group can use a second potion to revive Dee for the interrogation. Fang is standing guard over her

Objectives
  1. Ensure no harm comes to Dee
  2. Retrieve Prime's flowers
  3. Ensure the Goblins don't return

Initiative Player Character AC HP Passive P/Inv/Ins DV Action(s) Status/Notes
18 tordon Jihanna 17 9/9 15/11/15 60ft Martial Arts attacks
17 NPC Dee 14 Stabilized ?/??/? ? Miss
10 NPC Fang 14 5 13/?/11 N/A No Attack 
9 Wes51992 Hagezall 16+2 (shield) 10/10 12/11/10 60ft Longbow hit 5
7 TheMagnificentGuy Leonidas 17 10/10 16/14/18 No Stabilize Dee
5 Luezon Maghrim 14 9/9 12/14/12 60 Lightening Lure - hit for 6 , pull in
? NPC Jasper 10 3 N/A No N/A

Goblins Ac 13, HP 7 1-4 are in Far zone, 5-8 are in the Near Zone
Goblin HP Action Stealth / Status
1 DEAD Moving
2 1 Grovel Maghrim Lightening Lure
3 DEAD  
4 DEAD Hagezal - Longbow
5 DEAD N/A
6 DEAD  
7 DEAD Jihana Crit
8 DEAD

 

__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting Daily |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches

Last edited by purplerook; Jan 9th, 2024 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 07:20 PM
Luezon's Avatar
Luezon Luezon is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 15th, 2024
RPXP: 1254
Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon
Posts: 182
Maghrim Oroz, Hobgoblin Wizard
right-aligned image
Maghrim Oroz (he/him) - Hobgoblin Wizard (1)
AC 14 | HP: 9/9 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft | P/Per 12, P/Inv 14, P/Ins 12 | Status: Normal
STR +3, DEX +2, CON +3, *INT +6, *WIS +4, CHA +0Saving Throws | Arcana, Athletics, History, IntimidationProficiencies | Common, Goblin, Dragonchess, Land VehiclesLanguages & Tools
Darkvision 60ft | Cantrips: Green-Flame Blade, Lightning Lure, Sword Burst | Prepared: Burning Hands, Ice Knife, Magic Missile, Shield, Silvery Barbs | Ritual: Detect MagicSpell Slots (LR) 1st 2/2 | If you would miss an attack or fail a check or save, can add a bonus equal to number of seen allies within 30ft (max +5).Saving Face 1/1 SR | On a short rest, recover up to 1 level of spell slots.Arcane Recovery 1/1 LR |


The electricity lashed out at the goblin emerging from the fog, wrapping around its foot and dragging it to Maghrim's feet. The Devastator stood tall as he spun his halberd, still crackling with sparks, to place the blade towards the cowering goblin. "Please don't kill me!" it begged. Maghrim snarled back, his voice in a gravelly, authoritative tone and his words in the harsh ghukliak goblin tongue, "Give me a good reason not to."

His eyebrow arched as he continued in Goblin, "Let's start with where the roses are and why you and your friends took them." He pushed aside the thought of how ridiuclous it felt to be interrogating the creature over flowers, but he nevertheless pressed the halberd closer to the survivor - goblinoid culture was built on domination and cruelty. If there was a way to get answers out of them, it would be through an unwavering threat of his and his party's strength.



Maghrim's Actions & Mechanics (in order of operation)

Dice Intimidation:
2d20+2kh1 (5, 18 (keeping 18) )+2 Total = 20


 

__________________
he/him | Timezone: AEDT (GMT+11) | Sangus-Sworn
Arin Danash in Age of Desolation: Gallaht | Maghrim Oroz in West Marches

Last edited by Luezon; Jan 9th, 2024 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 10:48 PM
Wes51992's Avatar
Wes51992 Wes51992 is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2024
RPXP: 192
Wes51992 Wes51992
Posts: 111
Hagezall
left-aligned image
Hagezall - Ranger Male Half-Orc
AC 18 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , Passive Perception 12, Passive Investigation 11, Passive Insight 10 | Status: normal


Seeing the last of the goblins dispatched (with a few of the kills being good arrow shots of his), Hagezall then quickly went over to Maghrim who had just subdued the last goblin for intimidation. He heard him intone Give me one reason not to.” Stepping over to take part in the intimidation and give a whack at whatever skills he had in that department, Hagezall pulled out his battleaxe and pointed it towards the goblin. He menacingly added, "Little goblin, whacha have to say? Why the fuss over this girl’s flowers?" he too feeling a little off making an issue about flowers, being the half-orc hunter from Icewind Dale that he was."And why the need to attack?"

Dice Intimidation:
2d20+1kh1 (7, 6 (keeping 7) )+1 Total = 8
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 11:43 PM
tordon tordon is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 1309
tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon
Posts: 607
Jihanna
left-aligned image

Jihanna - Female Wood Elf Monk, AC 17, Init: +4, Move: 35ft, Passives: Perception 15 Investigation 11 Insight 15, HP: 9/9, Status: normal
Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, Darkvision 60ft | You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured.Mask of the Wild | Str +3, Dex +6, Con +1, Int +1, Wis +3, Chr +0Saving Throws

Jihanna will start searching bodies to find the flowers.
__________________
Taken the Oath of Sangus. GM for Hunt for Avalon. Playing: Glepa (Dragon of Icespire Peak) , Grumash (Crit Happens), Jihanna (Westmarch/The Door), Josef (Academic Pursuit), and Magnum (Reluctant Heroes). (See profile for links)

Last edited by tordon; Jan 10th, 2024 at 01:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old Jan 10th, 2024, 11:08 PM
TheMagnificentGuy's Avatar
TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy is offline
Gummy Bear Expert
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 9th, 2024
RPXP: 401
TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy
Posts: 217
Leonidas Senex, Priest of Ioun
right-aligned image

Leo continued to kneel over the girl, relieved that she was stable. He reached and ran his hand through Fangs fur, "Good boy", he whispered.

The priest looked back as Maghrim began his his interrogation and whispered a prayer of Cast guidance on Maghrimguidance. A dark tone overtook the hobgoblins voice as his words boomed at the poor goblin.


Guidance roll
Dice Roll:
1d4 4


 


 
__________________
I have sworn the Oath of Sangus.
Looking for interest in Cairn: Wands of the Whippoorwill Wood.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old Jan 11th, 2024, 05:00 PM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2024
RPXP: 13068
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,676
IC The Case of the Kidnapped Flowers
right-aligned image

Hagezal and Maghrim loomed intimidatingly over the Goblin. A wet spot appeared in the Goblin's breaches, with an acidic tang in the air. The Goblin had pissed his pants. It was easy to understand. The Hobgoblin had reeled the Goblin in with a bit of magic. Yet there he stood in armor and wielding a Halberd.

"The Boss. The raid boss. He says go, and we go. The four went and stole the flowers. We were supposed to ambush the Wolf and the little girl. Kill the Wolf and take the girl prisoner. Someone is paying lots of gold to get her. " There was a slight pause. "You weren't supposed to be here. The Client said something about this place not allowing really powerful people. The boss waits at the edge for us to return with the flowers and the girl."

The Goblin shivered with fear. "You need to protect me. The boss, he'll skin me alive for getting captured. Can, can I join your army?" The Goblin asked hopefully. Maghrim knew that the Hobgoblin armies typically used Goblins as scouts and skirmishers. The Army would draft a Goblin tribe with the offer - join or die. A single Goblin alone in the woods was as good as dead, and the Goblin was right that being captured was likely a death sentence.

Leo listened as the Hobgoblin and Half-Orc interrogated the Goblin ambusher. The Cleric of Ioun was sure that Goblin was revealing everything he knew.

Jihanna went looking for the flowers, but she didn't find them. The tracks of the four Goblins they were trailing continued down the path. Apparently, a larger group had split, with the four continuing to steal the flowers, and this group went off the trail and into the woods before the ambush.

Now, the adventurers were faced with a series of decisions. Did they continue immediately or pause to heal up? The Goblin revealed that their boss was waiting with four more warriors, and then the group would return to the Goblin's camp to await the return of the mysterious client. Also, what about Dee and Fang? Using their precious healing potion on Dee would render her conscious. However, Dee and Fang would take at least an hour to get over their wounds. Jihanna, Hagezal, and Leo felt they were on the cusp of a breakthrough, becoming more powerful. However, every delay would mean the initial thieves would have more reinforcements.


"OOC"
The Door #22, Post 9
OOC
  • The Episode has become a two-parter - a bit of exploration, combat, and social stuff. When we get to the end, this episode will count as two.
  • I'm using Luezon's roll, but Hagezal provides an advantage, and Leo some Guidance.
  • Maghrim can accept the Goblin as a servant/slave. For now, the Goblin won't engage in combat. However, Maghrim can use him for some non-combat roles - e.g., scouting and setting up camp.

Objectives
  1. Ensure no harm comes to Dee
  2. Retrieve Prime's flowers
  3. Ensure the Goblins don't return

Options, This is not an exclusive list
  1. Set off immediately - with or without Dee and Fang. Note Objective #1
  2. Take a Short Rest to allow Dee and Fang to use Hit Dice to heal up.
  3. Take a Long Rest (camp overnight). This will allow characters with five adventures (Counting this one to level up).

Initiative Player Character AC HP Passive P/Inv/Ins DV Action(s) Status/Notes
18 tordon Jihanna 17 9/9 15/11/15 60ft Scouting
17 NPC Dee 14 Stabilized ?/??/? ? Miss
10 NPC Fang 14 5 13/?/11 N/A No Attack 
9 Wes51992 Hagezall 16+2 (shield) 10/10 12/11/10 Provides Advantage to Maghrim's intimidation Roll  
7 TheMagnificentGuy Leonidas 17 10/10 16/14/18 No Guidance to Goblin Interogation
5 Luezon Maghrim 14 9/9 12/14/12 60 Intimidation - roll 18 + 4 (Guidance) +2 (Proficiency) +4 Str = 28
? NPC Jasper 10 3 N/A No N/A




 

__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting Daily |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 06:25 AM
Luezon's Avatar
Luezon Luezon is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 15th, 2024
RPXP: 1254
Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon Luezon
Posts: 182
Maghrim Oroz, Hobgoblin Wizard
right-aligned image
Maghrim Oroz (he/him) - Hobgoblin Wizard (1)
AC 14 | HP: 9/9 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft | P/Per 12, P/Inv 14, P/Ins 12 | Status: Normal
STR +3, DEX +2, CON +3, *INT +6, *WIS +4, CHA +0Saving Throws | Arcana, Athletics, History, IntimidationProficiencies | Common, Goblin, Dragonchess, Land VehiclesLanguages & Tools
Darkvision 60ft | Cantrips: Green-Flame Blade, Lightning Lure, Sword Burst | Prepared: Burning Hands, Ice Knife, Magic Missile, Shield, Silvery Barbs | Ritual: Detect MagicSpell Slots (LR) 1st 2/2 | If you would miss an attack or fail a check or save, can add a bonus equal to number of seen allies within 30ft (max +5).Saving Face 1/1 SR | On a short rest, recover up to 1 level of spell slots.Arcane Recovery 1/1 LR |


Maghrim held his halberd steady as the goblin spilled the beans, and he glanced to Hagezell beside him. Together, they cast quite the imposing silhouette. It had been too long since he'd experienced any kind of camaraderie, much less alongside someone who shared many of the same instincts in the heat of battle. He nodded to the half-orc as the goblin continued, looking back to Leo for the nod of confirmation that there were no falsehoods in the words.

But he was still taken aback by the goblin's request to join his army. A smile crept across the Devastator's lips - all the great Devastators had garzakk - attendants or squires of a sort. Time would tell if this goblin would prove its mettle for such an honour, but he had to begin somewhere. "You may follow and aid, but do not think to cross me, my allies or the girl & her wolf." His voice deepened as he slipped back into Goblin, "Got it?"

He withdrew the halberd from the goblin's neck, though still held it at the ready in case it attempted anything stupid. "What do they call you?"

After his exchange with his new ally, Maghrim turned to his party to gauge their perspective on the best course of action from here. Even in their short time together, he trusted their judgement as more experienced adventurers.



Maghrim's Actions & Mechanics (in order of operation)

 

__________________
he/him | Timezone: AEDT (GMT+11) | Sangus-Sworn
Arin Danash in Age of Desolation: Gallaht | Maghrim Oroz in West Marches

Last edited by Luezon; Jan 12th, 2024 at 06:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 08:22 PM
tordon tordon is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 1309
tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon
Posts: 607
Jihanna
left-aligned image

Jihanna - Female Wood Elf Monk, AC 17, Init: +4, Move: 35ft, Passives: Perception 15 Investigation 11 Insight 15, HP: 9/9, Status: normal
Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, Darkvision 60ft | You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured.Mask of the Wild | Str +3, Dex +6, Con +1, Int +1, Wis +3, Chr +0Saving Throws


Jihanna returns from her inspection of the bodies and the general look around of the surroundings, then returns to the group, collecting her bow from where she dropped it, and what arrows she could salvage from the goblins. She goes about this task in a very matter-of-fact way. "I think a rest is in order - let's give Dee the potion, and give ourselves a little time to recover before we set off. I would say that the goblins seem more prepared than us. Let's not get caught off-guard again." Jihanna doesn't seem to need any rest, she uses the time to scout around the camp, so there will be no surprises. In her transits, she collects the goblin's bodies and deposits them in the pits the goblins had dug to hide. "Whatever this place is, I'm sure they don't want decaying bodies just lying around."

__________________
Taken the Oath of Sangus. GM for Hunt for Avalon. Playing: Glepa (Dragon of Icespire Peak) , Grumash (Crit Happens), Jihanna (Westmarch/The Door), Josef (Academic Pursuit), and Magnum (Reluctant Heroes). (See profile for links)
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 02:21 AM
Wes51992's Avatar
Wes51992 Wes51992 is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 30th, 2024
RPXP: 192
Wes51992 Wes51992
Posts: 111
Hagezall
left-aligned image
Hagezall - Ranger Male Half-Orc
AC 18 | HP: 10/10 | Init: +2 | Move: 30ft , Passive Perception 12, Passive Investigation 11, Passive Insight 10 | Status: normal

"Good idea. Let me help you get rid of those." he said as he began to help Jihanna dispose of the goblin bodies, after removing the arrows he successfully killed a few of them with and placed them back in his quiver. Hagezall then shouted to Bro. Leo "How’s Dee doin’? You give her that potion yet?"

Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 11:35 AM
TheMagnificentGuy's Avatar
TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy is offline
Gummy Bear Expert
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 9th, 2024
RPXP: 401
TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy TheMagnificentGuy
Posts: 217
Leonidas Senex, Priest of Ioun
right-aligned image

"Jasper! Come here please.", called Leo. Has he took the potion and, carefully cradling Dees head, slowly fed the girl the concoction.

As he waited for the potion to take effect he had an idea. "Hey, this might come in handy", he said while popping open the encyclopedia. "Disguise kit, thieves tools, poisoners kit, this seems to have anything we might need to deal with this goblin threat, tool-wise at least. Maybe there's a plan involving Hagezals... um.. contraption?"

Leo glanced at PICO with an inquisitive look.


 


 
__________________
I have sworn the Oath of Sangus.
Looking for interest in Cairn: Wands of the Whippoorwill Wood.
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 01:26 AM
tordon tordon is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 1309
tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon tordon
Posts: 607
Jihanna
left-aligned image

Jihanna - Female Wood Elf Monk, AC 17, Init: +4, Move: 35ft, Passives: Perception 15 Investigation 11 Insight 15, HP: 9/9, Status: normal
Adv Charm, Immune Sleep, Darkvision 60ft | You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured.Mask of the Wild | Str +3, Dex +6, Con +1, Int +1, Wis +3, Chr +0Saving Throws

Jihanna sets out in the front of the line, scouting as we go, Hazegall pointing out some helpful tips as we go, she is carrying the longbow so she is not caught unaware.
Dice survival:
2d20+7kh1 (5, 9 (keeping 9) )+7 Total = 16

__________________
Taken the Oath of Sangus. GM for Hunt for Avalon. Playing: Glepa (Dragon of Icespire Peak) , Grumash (Crit Happens), Jihanna (Westmarch/The Door), Josef (Academic Pursuit), and Magnum (Reluctant Heroes). (See profile for links)
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 11:08 AM
purplerook's Avatar
purplerook purplerook is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2024
RPXP: 13068
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Posts: 13,676
IC The Case of the Kidnapped Flowers
right-aligned image

The NPCs vote for an immediate and forceful response. PECO announced, "Speed and Violence of Action. Take'em by surprise"

Dee, coming back from the door of death, is initially shocked and surprised, "That stupid Goblin. It shot at me. It almost killed me." The girl shifted to appreciation. "Thank you. Fang is a boon companion but cannot feed me a healing potion. Some are solitary hunters like the panthers, while others hunt in packs like wolves." The young huntress looked at the group. "However, it seems that the most dangerous are like the Wild Hunt, different creatures with different skills, blended with a singular purpose."

The young girl's voice and visage are replaced with an older, more dangerous look and tone, "The game is afoot; let slip the hunt."

Jihanna and Hagezal begin tracking the four Goblins. In truth, it appeared no difficult task. The four Goblins continued down the trail on which the ambush had occurred. The four had initially set a fast pace, but once past the ambush site, they had slowed down, even pausing for a break, before resuming their movement.

Jihanna sets a blistering pace, jogging and pausing only occasionally to confirm the track. The Elven Monk was relying on her companions to keep an eye out for another ambush.

Finally, Jihanna can spy the Goblins about 30 ft ahead. However, the party's rapid pace stopped any attempts at stealth. The Goblins and the party saw each other at the same time.

"OOC"
The Door #23, Post 2
OOC
  • The Episode has become a two-parter - a bit of exploration, combat, and social stuff. When we get to the end, this episode will count as two. Note I've updated the Door/Post numbering to reflect this as a separate Door.
  • Hagezal is NPCed but will get credit for this episode of The Door.
  • Jihanna/Hagezal's is 16 + 1d4 (for Guidance from Leo). Note, Guidance is 1 1 min duration spell with concentration; not all GMs will allow it for longer duration activities (e.g., tracking).
  • Roll initiative, 12 or better; the PCs can act before the Goblins.

Goblins are AC 15 - Leather and Shield
Locations
Distance Creature
-15 Goblin 1
-10 Goblin 1
-5 Goblin 1
0 Goblin 1
30 Jihanna
35 Hagezal
40 Maghrim
45 Leon
50-55 Fang and Dee

Objectives
  1. Ensure no harm comes to Dee
  2. Retrieve Prime's flowers
  3. Ensure the Goblins don't return

Initiative Player Character AC HP Passive P/Inv/Ins DV Action(s) Status/Notes
18 tordon Jihanna 17 9/9 15/11/15 60ft Scouting
17 NPC Dee 14 Stabilized ?/??/? ? Miss
10 NPC Fang 14 5 13/?/11 N/A No Attack 
9 Wes51992 Hagezall 16+2 (shield) 10/10 12/11/10 Provides Advantage to Maghrim's intimidation Roll  
7 TheMagnificentGuy Leonidas 17 10/10 16/14/18 No Guidance to Goblin Interogation
5 Luezon Maghrim 14 9/9 12/14/12 60 Intimidation - roll 18 + 4 (Guidance) +2 (Proficiency) +4 Str = 28
? NPC Jasper 10 3 N/A No N/A




 

__________________
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his | Posting Daily |Location:Eastern US. GMT-5
Oath of Sangus | Shared World (new players welcome) The West Marches
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB