Game Thread 1 - Daggerford - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 11th, 2024, 11:50 AM
Nyx89's Avatar
Nyx89 Nyx89 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 1123
Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89
Posts: 841
Elarion Vaeleth
right-aligned image
Elarion Vaeleth | Seer Elf Sorcerer | Level: 2 | AC: 17 | HP: 18 / 18 | Fort: +4 | Refl: +7 | Will: +6 | Low-Light Vision | Perception: +4 | Class DC: 14 | Common
Celestial
Elven
Sylvan
Languages | NoneConditions


Elarion pursed his lips at Korin's reply. "Well, that is certainly true for most elves," he says. "I...uhh, had trouble falling asleep last night." His eyes flicker for a moment toward the chest. He had in fact lain awake for far too long being tormented by thoughts of what could be in the chest. At one point, he had even gotten up to look at the chest as if it might reveal its secrets at any moment.

Elarion finishes his coffee and watches Master Gadrick pack up the camp with the use of what appears to be a magic wand and ring. The elf is curious as to where the dwarf acquired such baubles. "Anyway, it looks like I'm up just in time for us to leave," he says.


Actions/Rolls
 

__________________
Saskia Snow-Song - Barbarian (Tyranny of Dragons) ♦ Liadan Silverbow - Ranger (Affliction: Where Monsters Fear to Tread) ♦ Karina Blackstone - Cleric (LMoP)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jan 12th, 2024, 09:55 AM
Inuvash255's Avatar
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 is offline
Level 30 Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 15th, 2024
RPXP: 6944
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Posts: 4,329
DMOOCElarian identifies that the ring casted the Ant Haul spell - very useful for a trader carrying such a large bag.

Elarian identifies that the wand contains the spell Prestidigitation.

Rhapsody knows something a little more about it: in order to get more use out of the wand on a day-to-day basis, the spell has been constrained. That wand can only clean things; it can't do any other function of the Prestidigitation spell.

Zuldaak takes a look around, and doesn't see anything extraordinary. The Trade road here goes roughly North to South, and there's mostly praries, hills, and copses of trees about. Morning birds sing like normal.


The CaravanWithin the next half-hour, the camp is cleaned up and the party starts down the road.

In time, Dael rejoins the crew. The spritely wood elf wears dark green clothes-mottled with brown; and her hood is usually pulled up- as not to have her autumnal-red hair give away her position while she traveled the wooded clusters alone. With her came a basket of foraged food: an assortment of sweet berries, meaty morels, and bundled herbs.


Daggerford

As they'd estimated- they arrived Daggerford around noon. The front gates to the town were wide open, and it seemed they'd just made it in time to some sort of festival! Colorful strings of bunting were strung up between buildings, and the eves of windows were overflowing with colorful floral blooms. The Dukal Castle stood proud over the town celebrations.

Dael looked all over, wide-eyed, "I wonder what this is for?" Her gaze settled on a balding man speaking kindly druidic words to a bush- encouraging it to bloom. Buds formed at the tips of its branches and opened into beautiful explosions of fuchsia.

Gadrick rubbed his hands together before pulling his hand-abacus from his pocket, "Where there's festivals, there's people willing to buy and sell."
__________________
Status: Starting the New Year off right! With RPGs!
Pronouns: Any

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jan 14th, 2024, 09:04 AM
Kaigen's Avatar
Kaigen Kaigen is online now
Floof (he/they)
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 6976
Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen
Posts: 1,659
Korin Culnamo
right-aligned image
Korin nodded sympathetically at Elarion's reply. "Not everyone is suited for sleeping under the stars," she commiserated. She drank the last of her coffee, then finished preparing for the road, strapping on her shield and wedged hammer.

As has been the case, Dael didn't rejoin them until they were already making their way down the road. Korin bid her a good morning and thanked her for her contributions to their meals. Now that the elf was traveling with them rather than trying to blend in with the woods, Korin offered to loan her her hairbrush. There was no sense wandering into town with matted hair.

A bit of attention to personal appearance turned out to be especially called for, as it seemed the group was wandering into a festival! Korin looked around with excitement. "What good timing!" She tried to remember if there was a particular deity who was honored on this day.
OOCKorin makes a religion check to see if she can identify the festival.
Dice Religion:
1d20+5 (16)+5 Total = 21
Korin Culnamo she/her Half-elf Redeemer 2
HP: 30/30 AC: 20 (+2) Perception: +5 (low-light)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 (+3) Will: +7
Class DC: 18 Spell DC: 17 Focus Points: 1/1
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 09:54 AM
hafrogman's Avatar
hafrogman hafrogman is offline
Frog of the Hybrid Geeks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2024
RPXP: 24777
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Posts: 3,744
Application
right-aligned image
"What good timing!"

"Is it?" A puzzled look crossed Caitlin's face. "I suppose a festival is nice, but I do worry about the presence of so many people." She instinctively held the chest a little tighter. They still had quite the journey ahead of them, but it seemed like the caravan would be stalled here, at least for a while.

"I wonder how long it lasts."

OOC
 

 
__________________
Status: Catching up.
Baruuk TalonfaceHannah Volkan
ZendaCaleb Shaw
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 04:59 PM
leftyyy88's Avatar
leftyyy88 leftyyy88 is offline
I'm not all right
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 5439
leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88
Posts: 947
Hellhound Hotdogs
right-aligned image
Zuldaak Vaul | Half-Orc Rogue | Level: 2 | AC: 19 | HP: 28 / 28 | Fort: 6 | Refl: 10 | Will: 7 | Darkvision | Perception: 7 | Class DC: 18 | Abyssal
Celestial
Common
Orcish
Languages | NoneConditions

As they approached Daggerford, Zuldaak grew less and less jovial. Between fellow adherents to Sune, sure, he felt he could let his guard down. But here with so many opportunities for underhanded dealings, Zuldaak preferred to keep his mask on. People could assume whatever they wanted about him, he didn't care. All he wanted to do was protect his charge and keep his head on a swivel. People were unpredictable and easily hidden in crowds. He didn't want his first group mission for Lady Firehair to end in failure.

As such, when they neared the town, he fell back and assumed the rear guard. Half-orcs weren't usually the head of a group, and he didn't have anything to prove, so he played his part, even stooping a bit to appear more subservient. He kept a few paces behind Caitlin and kept one eye glued to the chest at all times. With the rest of his senses he scanned the surrounding houses and buildings: looking, listening, and smelling the breeze for any clues they were being watched or followed.

Before they entered the town proper, he let the group know his fears. "On alert, everyone. Call me paranoid, but this is when we must be most vigilant to keep watch on the chest. An innocent bump, an accidental jostle, and that chest could be opened and emptied before you can say hellhound hotdogs. We can celebrate once the task has been accomplished."

 
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 07:18 PM
Inuvash255's Avatar
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 is offline
Level 30 Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 15th, 2024
RPXP: 6944
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Posts: 4,329
-

Korin offers Dael the brush, and the spritely elf thanks her, "Very kind of you- It's been a while since my hair met a brush!" The Redeemer thinks about the time of year, and is sure there's no religious festival to be observed at this time. This festival is surely a secular thing.

Gadrick, meanwhile, wanders off to seek out markets- with only a quick comment, "I'll find ye' at the Inn later!"

Zuldaak's grumpy mood attracted a troubadour who was entertaining a crowd of villagers with jokes and lute-strumming, "Hellbound Hotdogs!" The man chuckled, then gasped dramatically, his eyes dancing between their religious symbols, garments, and (of course) their impressive grooming, "Why, you wouldn't happen to be followers of Sune, would you? I'm sure she'd pay a many golds and silvers for you to speak a prayer over the proceedings!"
__________________
Status: Starting the New Year off right! With RPGs!
Pronouns: Any

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 09:38 AM
Kaigen's Avatar
Kaigen Kaigen is online now
Floof (he/they)
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 6976
Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen
Posts: 1,659
Korin Culnamo
right-aligned image
Far too tactful to point out that Dael's matted and snarled hair made the lack of brushing obvious, Korin smiled at her. "You can keep that one, if you want. Locks like yours deserve a bit of love." She tilted her head to better take them in. "I could help you wash them tonight, if you'd like."

Korin's cheeks warmed at Caitlin and Zuldaak's comments. "You're both right. I forgot myself for a moment." She had always looked forward to festivals as a girl, but she was a different person now and, more importantly, she was on a mission, and the sort of ne'er-do-wells who saw a festival like this as an opportunity could jeopardize it.

"You're a sharp one, aren't you?" Korin chuckled as the troubadour observed the obvious. "But aside from Sunites, we are travelers passing through. Tell us about this festival and the 'she' who would seek the blessing of Lady Firehair with coin." She knew Zuldaak would prefer to keep a low profile, but that horse was out of the barn, so they should at least know what they were walking into.
OOC
Korin Culnamo she/her Half-elf Redeemer 2
HP: 30/30 AC: 20 (+2) Perception: +5 (low-light)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 (+3) Will: +7
Class DC: 18 Spell DC: 17 Focus Points: 1/1
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 02:30 PM
Inuvash255's Avatar
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 is offline
Level 30 Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 15th, 2024
RPXP: 6944
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Posts: 4,329
-"Gods~" The bard exclaimed, clapping his hand to his cheek, he'd forgotten the important bit!

"Why- the duchess of course! Her son's come of age in the past year, and the festival was set up as an event to look for eligible suitors. Young nobles from Waterdeep, and more than a handful of adventurers have shown up to try and get into the Dukal prince's good graces- presenting trophies and titles and the like. I don't think the right one has shown up yet though. There's been no announcement of betrothal, and tomorrow is the very last day!"
__________________
Status: Starting the New Year off right! With RPGs!
Pronouns: Any

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 03:54 PM
leftyyy88's Avatar
leftyyy88 leftyyy88 is offline
I'm not all right
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 5439
leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88
Posts: 947
The Obvious Trap
right-aligned image
Zuldaak Vaul | Half-Orc Rogue | Level: 2 | AC: 19 | HP: 28 / 28 | Fort: 6 | Refl: 10 | Will: 7 | Darkvision | Perception: 7 | Class DC: 18 | Abyssal
Celestial
Common
Orcish
Languages | NoneConditions

The whole time the bard speaks, Zuldaak stands behind him silently miming. He violently shakes his head at the mention of offering a prayer for the festival. He rolls his eyes at the promise of money. And as Korin responds, the half-orc rogue makes frantic slashing motions across his throat, points down the street, and jerks his head in the direction of leaving. He even holds one hand flat, then "walks" with the first two fingers of his other hand, all while keeping eye contact with Korin.

When the bard mentions that this is the last day, Zuldaak moves around into view of the minstrel and smiles. "Well we hope he has good success, but we really must be going now. Long journey, important missives for the Lady of Love, you know. We can't stand in the way of her goals, like uniting lovers and true love and... betrothal..." He stops himself with a frown. He turns to his companions, mouth working soundlessly for a moment before he clamps it shut and sighs.

"I suppose we should stay for a little bit." He forces a frown onto his face. "But just five minutes. No more. I will drag this chest out of here by myself if I have to!" A smile threatened to break free on his face, and he covered it by bending down to pick up one of the handles of the chest.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 07:31 PM
Nyx89's Avatar
Nyx89 Nyx89 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 1123
Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89 Nyx89
Posts: 841
Elarion Vaeleth
right-aligned image
Elarion Vaeleth | Seer Elf Sorcerer | Level: 2 | AC: 17 | HP: 18 / 18 | Fort: +4 | Refl: +7 | Will: +6 | Low-Light Vision | Perception: +4 | Class DC: 14 | Common
Celestial
Elven
Sylvan
Languages | NoneConditions


Elarion takes in the sights of the festival with a smile and clear excitement on his face. He has never been able to conceal his emotions--he is absolute shite at card games as a result--so what someone sees on his face is the real deal.

"Surely we can stay a few minutes," he begins as Zuldaak reminds them of their mission. "That's the spirit!" he claps Zuldaak on the shoulder when the man agrees to five minutes. "A betrothal, how lovely," the high elf says to the bard. "Sounds like a picky fellow though."

"Perhaps delivering the chest is not the only duty Sune calls us to perform here in Daggerford," Elarion muses.



Actions/Rolls
 

__________________
Saskia Snow-Song - Barbarian (Tyranny of Dragons) ♦ Liadan Silverbow - Ranger (Affliction: Where Monsters Fear to Tread) ♦ Karina Blackstone - Cleric (LMoP)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 07:36 PM
DrGamer's Avatar
DrGamer DrGamer is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 88
DrGamer
Posts: 27
Rhapsody
right-aligned image
Rhapsody Hlapena | Human Variant Tiefling | Level: 2 | AC: 16 | HP: 26 / 26 | Fort: 5 | Refl: 6 | Will: 9 | Darkvision | Perception: 7 | Class DC: 13 | Common
Infernal
Languages | NoneConditions


To say the sights and sounds and smells of a festival in progress had enraptured Rhapsody was to downplay just how wide the smile on her face had become, how excited the eyes had started to twinkle. Festivals were always things of such passion and beauty. People always put on their best selves. Even the scoundrals, cheats, and questionable vendors at some of the more shadowy booths were at least putting on a face of exuberance that she couldn't help but enjoy.

And a festival for a young prince's betrothal. Or potential betrothal. Or at least announcement of suitable suitors and potential consorts and partners. She didn't even notice Zuldaak's violent shaking in the negative. The squeal from the tiefling's lips was too full of joy to be drowned out by her half-orc compatriot's more sensible attempts to remain on task. "That's so exciting!. Oh to be a young and vibrant noble seeking the hand of another. Its is absolutely the duty of the temple to assist the young prince in finding his true love." Rhapsody clasped at her chest as she spoke those last two words, her hands clapping satisfyingly against her robes.

"Oh to be a noble in search of love." she mused, grinning ear to ear at her companions.


 
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jan 20th, 2024, 09:10 AM
Kaigen's Avatar
Kaigen Kaigen is online now
Floof (he/they)
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 6976
Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen
Posts: 1,659
Korin Culnamo
right-aligned image
"Yes, of course," Korin replied to Zuldaak, trying to keep a straight face. "After all, the prince may have made a choice he is holding until the final day, and so we will merely be providing the blessings of Sune upon his match."

"And on the off chance that he has not," Korin went on with a wink towards Rhapsody, "Well. We are charged to step in 'wherever a champion of Sune may be needed.'" She nodded her head as though she were just now coming to a decision and hadn't already committed in her heart. "We should pay our respects and see what kind of champion is needed."

She turned back to the bard. "Where might we find the dukal prince, my good fellow? And what's your name, in case the duchess wants to thank the one who sent Sunites her way?"
OOC
Korin Culnamo she/her Half-elf Redeemer 2
HP: 30/30 AC: 20 (+2) Perception: +5 (low-light)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 (+3) Will: +7
Class DC: 18 Spell DC: 17 Focus Points: 1/1
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jan 24th, 2024, 10:54 PM
Inuvash255's Avatar
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 is offline
Level 30 Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 15th, 2024
RPXP: 6944
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Posts: 4,329
In TownThe bard chuckles at the banter between the various party members here. The bard gestures to the castle that looked over the town- a sandstone keep with a number of lightly-tapered towers and turrets, each decorated with a bright flag that danced in the wind.

"The event is at the castle, dear champions! That's a very kind offer! You can simply call me by Randal Dundragon!" He punctuated the introduction with a few notes of his lute~


The Dukal CastleAt the castle, the party finds a pair of squat halflings guarding the draw bridge wearing shiny, silver-encrusted armor. Both have halberds raised, with a trailing red ribbon from each. The one on the left holds out a metal-gloved hand. A nasally voice echoed from within the close helmets, "Invitation please."

Beyond the guards, the sounds of a big band roll out from the open gateway- and through the gate, they can all see the party in the garden. Dancing, decorations, blooming flowers, blushing maidens, eligible bachelors, and a great number of nobles from Waterdeep using the situation to network and relax. This might have been the last day of celebration, but the alluring scent of meat, vegetables, beer, and wine fluttered out invitingly.
__________________
Status: Starting the New Year off right! With RPGs!
Pronouns: Any

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jan 26th, 2024, 03:52 PM
leftyyy88's Avatar
leftyyy88 leftyyy88 is offline
I'm not all right
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 5439
leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88 leftyyy88
Posts: 947
We Don’t Need No Stinking Invitations!
right-aligned image
Zuldaak Vaul | Half-Orc Rogue | Level: 2 | AC: 19 | HP: 28 / 28 | Fort: 6 | Refl: 10 | Will: 7 | Darkvision | Perception: 7 | Class DC: 18 | Abyssal
Celestial
Common
Orcish
Languages | NoneConditions

Zuldaak set his end of the chest down and sauntered up to the guard. He took the proffered and shook it smoothly.

"My good fellow. First, let me just say, your armor is impeccable. The silver filigree really sets you out compared to other guards. The attention to detail is noticeable. But I digress."

He released the guard's hand and strode towards the drawbridge, stopping just short of stepping on it. He spread his arms wide gesturing at the feast. "We are followers of the goddess of life and beauty. Sune herself has sent us and she holds our invitation." He turned dramatically and fixed the guards with a fierce grin and slowly walked back towards them.

"How could we, on a day such as this, filled with love and the promise of new beginnings, filled with laughter and merriment, how could we stay away? We have come to offer our blessing on the proceedings, especially on the son of the Duchess and whomever he chooses as his bride to be!"


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 12:07 PM
Kaigen's Avatar
Kaigen Kaigen is online now
Floof (he/they)
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 6976
Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen
Posts: 1,659
Korin Culnamo
right-aligned image
Korin was happy to let Zuldaak take point on convincing the guards to let them pass. There would likely be less trepidation about letting a well-coiffed half-orc in than a heavily armed half-elf. Still, she thought some backup might be in order, in case a bit of martial spice would help.

"Or whatever sort of match the dukal prince prefers," she concurred as Zuldaak concluded. "Of course, we're turning up unannounced, so we'd understand if you want to let the Duchess know that Sunites are here to bless the proceedings. Love is patient."
OOC
Korin Culnamo she/her Half-elf Redeemer 2
HP: 30/30 AC: 20 (+2) Perception: +5 (low-light)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 (+3) Will: +7
Class DC: 18 Spell DC: 17 Focus Points: 1/1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB