Game Thread Gig One: Cute Sometimes Pays the Bills - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > PbtA > You Can't Pay Debts With Hell Money
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 09:09 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 12959
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,903
Yun
right-aligned image


Yun watched the puff ball chomp down on Mah Guo's finger, a small, implied wince registering in their body language as the android leaned in for a closer look.

"You uh... might want to put some disinfectant on that or something. We don't know where this thing's mouth has been." They shrugged, returning attention to the message shortly before being scolded for invading the privacy of another person's device. Apparently Yun had not been taught everything about basic manners yet either. "Ah, sorry sorry." It was a mostly genuine, if slightly lackluster apology.

Yun made to put some distance between them all as discussion of going to the aforementioned lab resumed. It seemed like that was the agreed upon best next move... whether or not the little purple prisoner would be accompanying was up to the others, but Mah Guo seemed to really like the idea, and Yun failed to see any real way it could hurt things. However, the first order of business seemed to be tying up a loose thread, and just as quickly as Mah Guo had urged Yun away from her datapad, the woman requested them to send a reply to one of the interested parties she'd been in contact with. Nodding, the pilot plodded forward and swiped up the device, switching over to the specific DM in question.

"Hmm..." Reading over the brief discussion, they thought about a response. After a moment of contemplation, Yun's metal thumbs began to tap away at the letters, firing off a quick series of messages.

Message to GARYATRICTHE FOOT OF THE SOUTH SUN: This is the "Furball". I have escaped and murdered the owner of this device.

THE FOOT OF THE SOUTH SUN: My brethren and I are operating the keyboard. We are smart, dangerous, and on our way.

THE FOOT OF THE SOUTH SUN: We will learn how to pilot a ship and we will find you. You will be made to serve as OUR pet for your hubris.

THE FOOT OF THE SOUTH SUN: None shall stop the conquest of the Fuzzlords.


Following up the last message with thirty or forty explosion emojis, Yun finally closed messages and set the device back down.

"All set. Now when can we go to this lab?"
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Feb 7th, 2024, 04:09 PM
SevenStones's Avatar
SevenStones SevenStones is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2024
RPXP: 1627
SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones SevenStones
Posts: 369
Fan Ning
right-aligned image
Fan Ning is midway to reaching out to take the little fuzzball away from Mah Guo on account of, you know, the biting and such, when she pleads her case for keeping the little thing.

As a result, he ends up frozen in position with leaning forward with his arms outstretched as though he'd been hit by the ice-ray from Stellar Pirates of the Gelid Moons of Xue-7, his favorite serial (so it's a kid's show, all right, there's nothing wrong with that is there?). He glances around with only his eyes, then melts into a little more natural pose. Embarrassed? A little. Relieved that Mah Guo isn't hurt? A little. Worried that she's been infected with some degenerative fuzzball-transmitted disease? A little more. Worry is what he does.

"Er... I'm ready now?" he offers in response to Yun. And then clasps his hands behind his back, schoolboy-style.
__________________
GM of Zenith City, a sci-fi spy thriller using the Thirsty Sword Lesbians system.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Feb 8th, 2024, 02:33 PM
Kaigen's Avatar
Kaigen Kaigen is online now
Floof (he/they)
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 6976
Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen Kaigen
Posts: 1,659
Field trip!CATLOVER84 winces as Xiao Niao bites Mah Guo's finger, then relaxes a bit as she takes the injury in stride. When Mah Guo suggests that they take him along when they visit the lab, however, CATLOVER84 tenses up again. "No! Uh, I mean..." they tap their fingers together. "Maybe you should leave him here? In case seeing him makes the researcher clam up? We wouldn't want him getting loose somewhere else and spreading the problem, would we?" Their eyes bounce from Xiao Niao to Mah Guo and back.

Meanwhile, there's a lot of typing and erasing happening on Mah Guo's phone before Yun finally sees a response:
Message to THE FOOT OF THE SOUTH SUNGARYATRIC: oh sure make fun of me everyone else does

GARYATRIC: mock a golden citizen trying to fund his retirement

GARYATRIC: go fly kite

The lab is not far from the manor grounds, a squat, unadorned building. It's also an unlocked building, so nothing stops the crew from dropping in on Mei Mei unannounced. The lab itself is an utter mess. Empty takeout containers are stacked haphazardly next to cardboard planters where sesame plants and other flowers are growing. Papers are strewn everywhere, such that you might think the place has been ransacked, except burglars aren't known for using crushed energy drink cans as paperweights. Either a disaster has been visited on this place recently, or Mei Mei is hoping for the next accidental breakthrough in antibiotics.

"Hello?" Mei Mei herself enters the room, hair pulling out of her bun in an least five different directions, her already comically large eyes magnified by what must be the largest, thickest pair of glasses you've ever seen. One hand is sitting in the pocket of her rumpled lab coat while the other is clutching a mug with "I hope this is coffee" written on the side. From somewhere in the next room, you hear what sounds like a very peeved feline.
OOCI'm advancing the timeline two steps for exploring the mansion and heading to the lab.
Time 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 X
Event X X A B C
Fee Modifier +2 +1 +0 -1 -2

Last edited by Kaigen; Feb 8th, 2024 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Adding OOC note
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 10:40 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2024
RPXP: 12959
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,903
Yun
right-aligned image


Yun gave CATLOVER84 a long look. Without the benefit of facial expressions to read, it would probably have been difficult to determine the exact nature of what the droid was thinking, but it was safe to say they'd picked up something about the odd resistance CATLOVER84 was putting up against the notion of taking the imprisoned puffball back to its potential source.

"..." Ultimately though, they said nothing. The clock was ticking, and the employer called the shots. Good idea? Bad idea? Not really for Yun to say. And if the others weren't going to put up a fight about it, the pilot certainly had no reason to.

With a small wave, Yun exited the mansion, walking alongside the others as they made for the lab.



The walk to their new lead was a relatively short one, though it left enough time for some healthy speculation and conversing over any potentially shared suspicions.

- SUBJECT: CATLOVER84. SUBJECT DISPLAYED EVASIVE BEHAVIOR. ARGUMENT LOGIC FLAWED. BODY LANGUAGE CLASSIFICATION: NERVOUS. SUSPICIOUS. SUSPICIOUS. SUSPICIOUS. SUSP-

"Did you guys think our employer was acting kinda weird? Like... if some mad scientist cooked up a new super pest in their lab by accident and it got out, why would waving the evidence in their face make them LESS likely to talk? Feels like they'd be desperate to spin the narrative at least. The thing about it accidentally getting out was maybe a little feasible, but..." Yun shrugged. "... I don't know. I don't have any theories or anything. Just seemed strange."

Before long, the group found themselves entering a rather plain-looking building. Yun wouldn't have admitted it, but they were a tad disappointed at not having to break in, finding nothing in their way but a few unlocked doors before entering the actual lab. It was, to put it mildly, a disaster area.

"Huh." Yun looked around, genuinely impressed that anyone could get any science done in a pigsty like this. "Wow, Mah Guo, I think we actually found a room messier than yours." The deadpan tone sold Yun's comment in a slightly more cynical manner than intended, and Yun quickly followed it with a couple of shoulder pats. "Joking."

- FALSE.

"Ah, yes, hi." Yun quickly greeted the incredibly disheveled woman, giving a little half-wave as they stepped forward. "We represent an... aggrieved party who is looking for some information on a bit of a pest control issue. Would you happen to know anything about a bunch of little purple creatures? Natural diggers. Real fluffy. Multiply when they eat anything except sesame paste. Ring any bells?"

Yun had broken into a casual stroll at this point, slowly circling the room while appearing to keep focus on the scientist. Even as they peppered the woman with questions, the droid's sensors were meticulously combing the room, searching amongst the debris for any signs of relevant intel unintentionally left out. They thought if they got lucky that they might see an incriminating document; maybe some diagrams.

But as Yun’s steps gave them a momentary view into the room beyond, they certainly did NOT expect to see the owner of the irritated meowing from moments ago, a cat… sporting fur the exact same shade of purple as the fuzzy terrors.

"… and just a heads up, but judging by the, uh, hue of your cat, I’m afraid “no” is gonna generate some major skepticism."
Rolls & ActionsYun is going to try and subtly look for evidence around the room regarding the purple fuzzballs in case the scientist isn't immediately forthcoming.

Dice Scavenge:
2d6 1, 6 Total = 7
__________________
I have taken the Oath!

Last edited by Touketsu; Feb 11th, 2024 at 11:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB