Notices

Old Jan 19th, 2024, 11:06 AM
Pygmy Griffin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 979
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
The Party

Please repost your application here to remind everyone who they're playing with.

Also, please ensure you have completed a character sheet, and link it as part of your post.
Old Jan 29th, 2024, 10:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34306
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Zona
right-aligned image
Name: Zona <-------------- Character Sheet Link

Race: Yuan-Ti

Class: Monk

Subclass: - Path of Kensei

Alignment: LN

Personality Traits: 1) I am always calm, no matter the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. 2) The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I cannot do it. I love a challenge.
Bond: I will become the greatest Bounty hunter that ever lived.
Ideal: I track down those who are guilty so I can stop them from hurting anyone else.
Flaw: I tend to let others take the lead in a combative situation if things look bad and not in my favor.
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Appearance: Zona stands five feet seven inches tall with hair color that closely matches her light greenish-yellow colored scale-like skin. She has aquamarine eyes with serpent slit type pupils.
She wears no armor, but the attire of something that is a cross between a city worker and adventurer - thick garments with leather straps to hold a myriad of things. She's got Darts tucked into small holders on her forearms, chest and waist. For other weapons there is a visible short sword sheathed on her back and a sickle-like blade stuck in her belt.

Personality: Zona is very matter-of fact in her business dealings and either doesn't take things too seriously or seems to always be in a good mood. She is quite competitive with those she knows - and especially with her rivals - and loves a good game, with dice being one she prefers.

Backstory: Some who know Zona would argue that she isn't easy going or in a good mood, but rather no mood at all, being a cold-blooded Yuan-Ti, so she just doesn't care about others, only her own agenda.
While it is true that she cares about what she does, and strives to be the best at it, she does have her own kind of 'code' or way of doing things.
The truth is that she cares about others and accomplishing tasks that will help others in the long run more than coin or wealth and this is what drives her in her chosen profession.
She hails from 'The Dome of the Rose' monastery located in the Pevot Point. She has no memory of any life before that place, being told she was 'dropped off' or delivered by sailors who found her in some abandoned lighthouse down the coast. She's heard all kinds of stories about "how" she was found, but the one she likes the most isn't one that has much of a happy ending to it. Seems that the sailors were looking to get the lighthouse going again and found a 'snake lady' there. Battling her minions and losing a lot of their party, they finally killed her. They found she had left a baby behind, Zona, and the name came from the fact that it was the 'snake lady's last spoken word before she died.'
She knows she'll likely never know if it is true or not, but that's what she's decided is true and is fine with it.
Growing up in the Monastery, she didn't take to their worship of Lathander so much, but she did take to their careful study of the magical life energy they call 'ki.' She also took to the rigorous regime of honing her body's physical capabilities in martial training and defense.

What brings you to Fort Imma?: Feeling she had outgrown the Monastery a few years ago, she got on the first ship headed to a new city that happened to be 'Fort Imma.' Using what she knows how to do innately and through her training she took up collecting bounties for people from the City Watch and some others and became quite good at it. She is known, though she hasn't really made a name for herself to her satisfaction, but she's working on it.
Given her job and natural insight into people, she's gotten to know a few local folk and what goes on at Fort Imma.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jan 30th, 2024 at 09:33 AM.
Old Jan 29th, 2024, 10:15 AM
GMing in Rome and Gareth.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4933
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
Clovis
right-aligned image

Name: Clovis Brighttaker
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Subclass: Thief
Alignment (no Evil): Chaotic Neutral
Background: Acolyte of the Church of Mask
Personality Trait 1: I don't like violence; I prefer a cunning plan.
Personality Trait 2: I am very talkative
Ideal: Prove to Mask that I'm worthy
Bond: Build a temple for an unknown god
Flaw: There is always room for doubt
Backstory:

Clovis was born in Goldhollow and grew up mostly on its streets; his parents not having time for him. As he was always the smallest, he learned at a young age that outplanning the bullies on the street was a much better defence against them than trying to fight back. It came as no surprise to anyone when he joined the Church of Mask. Here, he was not guided by the desire to accumulate wealth or to take it from others. His main interest lay in observing the actions of others and then to best them with a cunning strategy, though of course tricking a self-important windbag out of his money was both satisfying and lucrative.

One day he had nicked a little book containing some unintelligible rhymes. He had been about to dump it as uninteresting when a sense of foreboding came over him and after studying it into the small hours, he placed it under his pillow. That night he had a very vivid dream. The rhymes were a prophecy and he was the chosen one to fulfill it. Five objects he would have to trace down from the corners of Augera and then finally consecrate with them a temple for a god that had been forgotten. Or a new god; he wasn't quite so clear on that because at that point in his dreams owls had started hooting outside, waking him up.

The first item was the gold coin that was the basis of Lord Galerian Roh's fortune. It was sealed in three chests with seven locks and buried under his house with mighty spells guarding it. It had taken Clovis more than half a year and all his wits to find a way to get at this coin but with the help of Mask himself, he had eventually done it, though he had to flee the town afterwards.

What the second object is, he did not yet know. All that he could glean from his dream had been that his next target would be revealed to him in Fort Imma. With the gold coin and of course with the booklet, he had set out to Fort Imma. However, in Roodacre, he had lost the booklet. Well, not actually lost it; it had been there one moment and gone the next. Since then, doubts have been growing in his mind. Is he really chosen to collect the five objects and erect a temple? If so, why was the dream cut short before the name of the deity was revealed? How could he have been allowed to lose the booklet? Is Mask just playing a cruel joke or is he testing him?

For lack of a better plan, he still continued his travel to Fort Imma. He certainly couldn't go back to Goldhollow. He hoped for a new sign but even if he would never get it; there would always be a way for a clever rogue to survive.

What brings you to Fort Imma?: The second item will be revealed to me here. I hope.

Link to character sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=93910

Last edited by Dworin; Jan 29th, 2024 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jan 29th, 2024, 03:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11555
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Application
right-aligned image

• Name: Godfrey Goldenglow
  • Race: Halfling (lightfoot)
  • Class: Sorcerer
  • Subclass: Clockwork Soul
  • Alignment: Lawful Good
  • Background: Noble
    * Personality Trait 1: I'd rather make a friend than an enemy.
    * Personality Trait 2: Legacy. The heroes of old are our examples, and we must be the same for future generations.
    * Ideal: Legacy. The heroes of old are our examples, and we must be the same for future generations.
    * Bond: As the fourth child of a baron, I am expected leave a mark on history through my own actions.
    * Flaw: Idealism often keeps me from taking into account the practical obstacles to achieving my goals.

Backstory
Some five centuries ago, a young halfling captain by the name of Wellby Goldenglow was in charge of the garrison assigned to fort Imma. This was during the glory days of the fort, a time when the baron ensured its high walls were kept as immaculate as the men and women guarding it. And a good thing that it was, for when the shadow war broke out, fort Imma's defenses were sorely tested. By sea and by land the fortress was attacked, but Wellby Goldenglow and his brave soldiers beat back the enemy's assault at every turn. But even in victory, casualties among the defenders mounted. Eventually, the fort would fall.

Then one night, when lanterns of enemy ships formed an eerie glow along the horizon, and Wellby's fear for what would happen to his soldiers grew heavier than before, he was visited by spirits. Wellby could not know that these were long dead warriors from Acheron, nor did he know their intentions. All Wellby knew was that they offered him their aid in battle. The captain gladly accepted the personal cost these spirits demanded; a mark on his bloodline, which would linger for every generation to come.

When morning came and the enemy landed on fort Imma's shore, they found an army of indomitable spirits fighting alongside the defenders. Few Talithans who were there survived that day, and the few who did spoke of a courageous halfling, leading an army of mortal men and fallen heroes alike. Thus did the name Goldenglow gain the glory it holds today. And throughout history, the mark of Acheron has spurred a great many of Wellby's descendants on to match or even exceed Wellby's example. Many succeeded, and eventually one branch of the family was granted the barony of Roodacre.

This brings us to present day, and the fourth son of baron Theobald; Godfrey Goldenglow. A young halfling, who idealizes the heroes of past generations, and dreams of proving himself worthy of his family name. But the days of war have long since passed, and opportunities for one to leave their mark on history are few and far between. Politics and mercantilism, not military prowess, are the standards by which today's heroes are measured. Moreover, Godfrey has always been a bit of a black sheep in the family; for he sported nascent sorcerous talents, a rare sign of the mark of Acheron being stronger in his blood. This talent allowed Godfrey to call upon the same spirits Wellby had once commanded, although the origin of these spirits remained a mystery to the Goldenglow family. Throughout the family's history there have been a handful who boasted similar gifts, and they are viewed with more than a little mistrust. For these sorcerers are usually less able to contain their lust for glory than other members of the family, making morally questionable decisions in the pursuit. This tendency for having no regard for consequences, coupled with the jealousy of ungifted members of the Goldenglow family, has given the sorcerers of the Goldenglow family an ill reputation- at least, among themselves.

Godfrey, though he did feel a strong urge to make his mark on history, possesses a kind heart and joyful temperament. He was unlikely to repeat his ancestor's mistakes, but he earned his father's scorn nonetheless. While he was an intelligent lad, eager to learn and boasting a keen memory, Godfrey was deemed too gentle a soul to be suited for the cutthroat politics of Lindost, and too unfamiliar with the value of things to have a future in trade. Godfrey was sent to the Hanging Tower for a year, in hopes that he would develop his magical ability for the good of the family. But the endeavour proved to be a waste of gold; Wellby was an eager student, but his magic came from within, not from poring over ancient tomes and practicing incantations. Again and again, Godfrey was deemed a failure, something his family reminded him of at every opportunity. Their treatment of him instilled Godfrey with a stubborn need to make those around him happy and earn their validation; something he never quite achieved among his family.

The young halfling was kept on a short leash, and because of it, Godfrey decided to seek his fortune away from Goodacre- no doubt exactly as his father had intended.

What brings you to Fort Imma?
To the northeast of Roodacre lies Leistmoor, a barony known for its mining operations. The two baronies have long enjoyed less than friendly relations, for merchants from Leistmoor must travel through Roodacre to sell their wares in Whitebridge. And Godfrey's great grandfather deemed it wise to heavily tax any caravan importing or exporting goods; thus the Leistmoor merchants were taxed twice. To this day, the tax remains in place, much to the chagrin of Leistmoor's baron.

Yet relations truly soured after Godfrey recently visited Leistmoor, accompanying his father on a trade mission, in hopes that the boy's friendly manner would prove useful in a diplomatic role. Unfortunately, Godfrey caught wind of the way in which Leistmoor treats its orcish miners. Immigrants from Mezghor, these orcs barely survived in their barren homeland, and hoped to make a better living working in Leistmoor's mines. They were mistaken- Leistmoor's mining companies paid their orcish workers in company scrip, and very little at that. Godfrey was appaled by their fate, and spent much of his time speaking with the orcs, learning of their plight. When he returned home, Godfrey decided he would champion the orcs' cause, hoping to find way to pressure Leistmoor's entrepeneurs into paying their orcish workers better wages. And when Godfrey returned to Leistmoor a few weeks later, he loudly proclaimed his plea for all to hear.

The well-meaning halfling's actions caused a scandal. Outraged, the owners of the mines pointed out is was Roodacre's baron who imposed such heavy taxes that they had no choice but to underpay their workers. The baron of Leistmoor, fearing his wealthy subjects would turn against him, was quick to side with the aristocrats. Arguments led to accusations, ending with baron Theobald Goldglow forced to leave Leistmoor, with the not-so-subtle message that he wouldn't be welcome back anytime soon.

Outraged, Theobald demanded Godfrey seek something to do, [i]anything/i], as long as it was far away from Goodacre and Leistmoor. With a heavy heart and the sneering remarks from his siblings in his ears, Godfrey left, traveling south. Thinking himself a failure, the young halfling felt he needed to visit fort Imma, where his family's legacy had once begun. Once he arrived, however, Godfrey was shocked to find that the fort had fallen into disrepair, and the brave soldiers guarding it had been replaced with a lazy, poorly trained militia. Aghast at the state of the site where the Goldglow's legacy had begun, Godfrey decided this would be his project. He would make connections among the wealthy of Immawold, see to it the baron would recognize the cultural importance of the fort. The young halfling would see those crumbling walls restored, and the inadequate militia replaced by men and women worthy of serving a site of such magnificence.

Of course, before he could do any of that, Godfrey would have to earn an income, a good reputation, and prove his dedication to the region's wellbeing. Perhaps commander Rannulf Landgrave, fort Imma's current commanding officer, would be able to help him achieve all three...

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Feb 1st, 2024 at 08:08 AM.
Old Jan 29th, 2024, 04:22 PM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1877
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Character ApplicationName: Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa
right-aligned image

Race: ● Ability Score Increase: Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
● Age: Goliaths have lifespans comparable to humans. They enter adulthood in their late teens and usually live less than a century.
● Alignment: Goliath society, with its clear roles and tasks, has a strong lawful bent. The goliath sense of fairness, balanced with an
emphasis on self-sufficiency and personal accountability, pushes them toward neutrality.
● Size: Goliaths are between 7 and 8 feet tall and weigh between 280 and 340 pounds. Your size is Medium.
● Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
● Natural Athlete: You have proficiency in the Athletics skill.
● Stone's Endurance: You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug off injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to roll a d12. Add
your Constitution modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this trait, you can’t use it again until you finish
a short or long rest.
● Powerful Build: You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
● Mountain Born: You have resistance to cold damage. You’re also acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 feet.
● Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Giant.
Goliath

Height: 7'8" (2.34m)
Weight: 295 lbs (133kg)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark

Class: Barbarian

Subclass: Path of the Berserker

Alignment (no Evil): I have a strong moral code I live by... which everyone else is unaware ofLawful Neutral

Background: ● Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival Tool
● Proficiencies: One type of musical instrument
● Languages: One of your choice
● Equipment: A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an
animal you killed, a set of traveler's clothes, and a
pouch containing 10gp
Outlander (Tribal nomad)

Personality Trait 1: I'm driven by a wanderlust for challenge that led me away from home.

Personality Trait 2: I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.

Ideal: I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my tribe.

Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Flaw: There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Backstory: Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa, hailing from the mighty Thunukalataa tribe, is an unstoppable Goliath warrior renown the world over for his daring and nigh-impossible feats of battle, where he has bested the grandest and most dangerous foes in the realm and emerged from his glorious conquest of challenge victorious and undefeated by all!

...or that's what Conarr plans to say, once he's actually achieved half of what he wants to.

More modestly, Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa is a nomadic Goliath from clan Thunukalataa, one who has descended from the chilling heights of the Southwrath Mountains in search of challenge and accomplishment and glory. His people hold competition amongst themselves almost above all else, and Conarr is no different, as he begun his exploration beyond his clan lands to seek out ways to prove his talent, dedication and efforts to his tribe. In the harsh frozen lands of Verglas, food and water and shelter are rare in the mountain reaches, the skills and knowledge of an individual could mean the difference between a clans doom or survival - and it is Conarr's responsibility to improve his self-sufficiency and individual capabilities.

While living within his clan, Conarr found little other than a stark landscape to challenge him. That left the warrior wanting and without true accomplishments to be gained; especially when compared to others in the clan, like Turryk Wyrmslayer Thunukalataa or Mishyak Ogrewrestler Thunukalataa, both older siblings to Conarr - and their exploits clearly defined by the nicknames received by the chieftain. There was a point where Conarr knew he, too, had to leave his clan and mountainous home in order to secure his place within the clan; since those who couldn't support the clan were exiled, which meant a great importance was on survival and strongest in leadership.

Conarr bid farewell to his clan, took a few belongings to get by until he could begin besting foes, and trekked down the Southwrath Mountains. He traveled alone, the land leading him southwest, and soon he was outside of the white frozen wastes and seeing green fields and forests for the first time. Conarr was beside him, curious and perplexed by many things he was experiencing, and he soon began to enjoy the thrill of discovering more of the unknown (at least to him). Some of his first lessons were about the people and cultures in the lands of Lindost, as he walked through villages of Hawksmoor and explored some of the Magnal Forest; and he was surprised to see how material the lowlanders were, coveting their little patches of land and whatever junk they could fit inside them. Needless to say, most of them didn't take well to Conarr experimenting with items and breaking them - mugs, forks, wagons, just to name a few - so he learned to not do that quickly enough, for the most part.

Yet, Conarr still had a task, so onward he went. And the more the Goliath traveled, the more he learned about dangers and threats throughout Lindost, and the more excited he grew at the prospect of facing them. He purposefully sought out bandits, actively collected bounties or reward offers from folks he passed by, and tried to hunt down the odd deadly creature; his efforts proved worthwhile, in the sense Conarr was earning a reputation, but inside he felt like the exploits weren't grand enough.

Killing bandits? Besting wolves? Breaking windmills? Those didn't earn him glory and position within his clan!

Conarr started to wander more southwest, with the intent to move across the border of Lindost into Scobaria, but stopped along the way - in Port Imma. Once again his curiosity had gotten the better of him, and Conarr saw the boats on the water and wanted to get a closer look, which he did... though that turned into an unfortunate situation with a local ship Captain, who had to replace several parts of his vessel once the Goliath had - unintentionally - broken through some decking and cracked the walking plank. Conarr was told he owed the Captain - one Captain Nash Snowkey - coin for the repairs, to which the warrior agreed to pay it back once he earned more.

Now, Conarr Rocksmasher Thunukalataa resides in Port Imma, where he works off a debt owed. He also keeps his ears out for rumors or opportunities for glorious battle or accomplishment, so he can both pay back the Captain and earn his renown for the clan. So it was, while collecting rumors and scribbling them down - terribly unneatly - Conarr was made aware of a summons for work and pay by the Commander of the town guard, Rannulf Landgrave; and after some loud and blunt investigation to find out who that was from locals, Conarr was pleased to realize - after being told - that Rannulf was basically the clan chieftain. That meant whatever the Commander needed doing, it was important - important enough for Conarr to look into!

What brings you to Fort Imma?: The search for challenge and glory, where I plan to outdo my tribes' past accomplishments! ...that, and Conarr heard there were pretty boats in the port and he's never seen boats. And now a debt to a boat Captain.

Last edited by Rockerboy; Mar 10th, 2024 at 08:28 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2024, 01:34 AM
Wyrm
Outplay 2023

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4779
squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey
Here's the character sheet. I think I got everything, but it's been a while since I put together a 5e character, and there's lots of things to type in, so it's possible I missed something.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=93915

Azonar Minorestin
right-aligned image

Name: Azonar Minorestin
Race: Half Elf
Class: Wizard
Subclass: School of Illusion
Alignment (no Evil): Chaotic Good
Background: Courtier
Personality Trait 1: I love tricks, jokes, and things that aren't what they seem.
Personality Trait 2: I consider time itself my personal enemy, and fear powers that wield or manipulate time.
Ideal: No person should be forced to live their life a certain way.
Bond 1: My mother is an Elf, and should yet live despite my long absence. I must learn what has become of her while I have been gone.
Bond 2: I have brought shame to the name Minorestin, and to all humankind in Talith. I must redeem my kin in the eyes of the other nobles of Talith.
Flaw: I lack the patience to do difficult things the hard way. I'm always looking for a way to cheat or push the work off on others.
Backstory:

What brings you to Fort Imma?: Azonar is chasing the visions he saw while he was frozen in time, which call him to Fort Imma.