Game Thread Episode 0: Ties That Bind - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Star Wars: Echoes of Darkness
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 04:25 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12385
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,468
DarroOne pistol out of the holster, the hip shot squeezed off, his other hand is already on the handle of his second blaster when he sees both animals tottering, staggering, and obviously catching up with how defeated they truly were. Still, the second blaster comes out anyway, without the urgency of the first. The blaster in his right hand is still held at hip height, toward the jungle, his other hand resting comfortably at his side. As the short spike of adrenaline wears off the sweat already on his skin from the weather causes him to chill for just moment, the shudder running down his spine, then it's gone and he's hot again. Back still to the outcrop he glances over his shoulder at Corr and the rest, then back out into the wood.
His eyes linger on the burning hole in the jungle left by her errant blaster round. A thought creeps along his mind the same way the chill crept down his back. Glancing back at the group behind him again he raises his left blaster and, taking a bit more aim this time down the sights, he eases the muzzle off to Corr's right as far as he can get and still hit rock, then cracks off a shot into the bare outcropping. If it were stone, it would leave familiar blast-scoring. The rest of his mind catches up to his impulses, and he clears his throat.
"Eh, hey, look out." he adds, a bit late.

 
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 11th, 2024 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 04:39 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 34256
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 27,765
Tragobha
right-aligned image
He was readying another shot from his blaster rifle when Gage brought the last creature down.

"Preggris!", he said, which is a word in the Dug language he used at times which universal translators conveyed the meaning of Well done, but more akin to Awesome work/deed.

He was fumbling in his mind with words to say to Keia about how it was good that she had spotted them first, when Corr chimed in a few things and then said words about the overhang. Feeling the moment had passed, he said nothing.

Trabobha
Dice Survival:
1d20+2 (16)+2 Total = 18
scanned the horizon once more for any threats before going to the overhang to see what all the fuss was about -
Dice Investigation:
1d20+6 (11)+6 Total = 17
examining the stone for himself.

 

__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 07:00 PM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12909
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,904
Gage
right-aligned image


It was over… really over this time. Swallowing hard, Gage slowly straightened up and gazed out across the lakebed at the still forms of the beasts, his own concerns mirroring those of the others… what if the rest of the pack came looking? Luckily at least for now, they were probably quite a ways off and, thanks to the quick action of the group, not aware of intruders in their territory.

"Wow, way to go, Gage. Second time today!"

"Preggris!"

Gage glanced over at Keia and Trag, trying to hide the slight tremble in his hands. He wasn’t sure if the dug’s comment was directed at him or everyone, but Keia singling him out sent a flash of violet across the engineer’s face.

"Oh! I mean, thanks. I just followed everyone’s lead… pretty sure credit for that second one mostly goes to you." Letting out another slow sigh, Gage silently hoped he could sit out of the next fight as he trailed behind the Shules, attention quickly shifting to the bizarre energy field thing coating the rocks. When the siblings shared a feeling, history showed it was best to pay attention. Still, the description being provided sounded like ancient tech, something Gage theoretically had some knowledge of. Watching carefully as Corr dragged his hand across the surface, leaving a luminous trail in its wake, the chiss cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Well it’s not repelling your touch, which at least implies that- GAH!" Gage flinched as Darro fired his weapon at the rock, nearly slipping in the process as he ducked away from the noise. " Hey… could you possibly NOT?!"
Rolls & ActionsGage tries to recall anything he may have read about or experienced involving shielding or barriers that are consistent with the phenomenon they’re seeing on the stone.

Technology: 22
Character Sheet
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath!

Last edited by Touketsu; Feb 11th, 2024 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 06:52 AM
EMIW's Avatar
EMIW EMIW is offline
Pygmy Griffin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 13th, 2024
RPXP: 931
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Posts: 471
Chess Peklorr
right-aligned image
After giving his thoughts on where best to search, Chess leans back on the rock, closing his eyes. Not to sleep, just to relax as completely as possible. Conserving energy, he told himself. It only lasted a few second though, before Keia asked them to step out from the outcrop. She had a bad feeling about it. Loath as he was to get up, Chess had learned to trust the twins' instincts. As he got to his feet, however, "We got trouble..."

Two Brintaks across the riverbed. Chess froze. He didn't have a weapon, not one for taking out apex predators. The vibroknuckler in his pocket was more a defensive measure in case someone got too close, and he hoped never to get that close to a Brintak. Rifles and blasters started being levelled at the two creatures across the way. "Maybe if we stay still they'll just leave?" Chess ventured, but the end of his sentence was cut off by the pew pew of blaster fire, and finally a kzat as Gage does something with his wristpad, sending out an arc of electricity. There was a moment of silence as the group assessed whether the rest of the pack were headed their way, then a round of congratulations. He joined them, genuinely impressed with Gage's technical wizardry. "Nice," he commented. "I'll have to try that."

Then... Corr was doing something with the rocky wall. It glowed at his touch. "It’s like an energy shield. But that’s not possible, is it?" Corr wonders. "Well it’s not repelling your touch, which at least implies that- GAH!" PSHOW! Darro's blast makes Chess jump, invested as he was in listening to Gage's thoughts. "Seriously?" he protests. "There's a whole bunch of trees around, maybe go shoot them instead of us!" He brushes himself down instinctively, then begins his own thoughts on the matter. "If it is an energy field, and Corr isn't just some kind of rock wizard, there must be something generating it. If there is, and my pad can pick it up, I might be able to shut it off."

He brings up his wristpad and sets it to search for energy signatures nearby. It would probably have to be something big to generate a field like that, and if he can find it then something like that should be easy to turn off, like flicking a switch.

OOCIf he finds anything that might be the source of the energy field, or whatever is happening with the rock, he will cast Range: 60ft. This power allows you to activate or deactivate any electronic device within range, as long as the device is not being wielded by a creature, and has a clearly defined on or off function that can be easily accessed from the outside of the device. Any device that requires a software-based shutdown sequence to activate or deactivate cannot be affected by on/off.On/Off. The 'easily accessed' part might scupper his idea, as might the 60ft range, but that's what he's going to try.

Technology roll, if necessary: 18

Character sheet
__________________
DM: Heroes of Augera
World Anvil: Torosevia
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 08:10 AM
Rockerboy's Avatar
Rockerboy Rockerboy is offline
very preem, choom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 1729
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Posts: 743
GM

Focus on the mysterious shimmering rocks becomes all-encompassing.

The Brintak are not near, the echoes sound further away, so there's security in investigation for now. As everyone begins to look more closely - with Darro shooting more closely - you are able to work together to discern what appears to be the edges or boundary of the shimmering shield effect. And yes, even the blaster shot helped, as the bolt hit solid rock, despite the shock or surprise toward everyone nearby.

Keia is able to determine that the rock shield, for lack of a better term, extends deeper into the shade of the overhang about ten feet - at best guess and without physically walking the length to find out.

The techies waste no time.

Minds whirring, both scientist - scouring memory and knowledge - and engineer - tapping on his device with fervor - put their shared brilliance together, in an attempt to identify or provide more clues as to what, exactly, the mysterious shield is.

For Gage, he recalls a passage he read in an old sci-fi data-journal, likely in pursuit of assisting Corr with the search; and a specific term springs to mind, something not well-known but certainly of a defunct era, where such protocols were desired over more modern weaponized shielding:

Hard-Light Shielding.

Ancient technology.

Meanwhile, Chess has found a nearby energy source. It's old, very old, and takes a little to work through making a scomp linkless dataport connection. And even though the data coming from the energy source seems old, there are parts that scroll across the wristpad that boggle Chess' well-educated mind - whoever this ancient race was, they knew how to make things last, and if Chess wasn't wrong the code was adapting to his connection protocols.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Chess continued to tap away, feeling like he was... just... there...

Clunk.


Suddenly, without warning, there was a burst of air, then the bright shimmering began to spread and recede. Where the rocky texture of a shield had been, there was now a glowing panel of metallic symbols, stretching out before the group.

The hard-light shield had been deactivated.

From the ground, text began to scroll upward in front of you all, an ancient language that intended to tell you something, even if you couldn't understand it. Yet.

Gage's wristpad began to beep and whir...

Then, the alien symbols began to flicker, the technology adapting again, and the words shifted to display in Basic:

Surveillance Site Centi // Access granted
Internal Algorithms Updating // ... // Updated
Unknown Species Entities Identified // Limited Site Centi Protocols :: In Effect
Defense Systems // On Standby

Proffered Greeting: Sentient, you have gained access to a surveillance site of our making, we the Gree. You do not belong to our great species, but have yet to prove you warrant extermination, and for this we allow you entry to sate curiosity and behold our technological marvels.

A diplomatic envoy has been dispatched--error, no known envoy within region of space currently available.

Enter. Witness. Accept the Gree as the forebears of everything you know, as we deliver unto you knowledge and understanding of our -- Updating Rotational Data -- multi-Centamillennial pursuit of mapping this galaxy.

Enter.

Enter.

Enter...

To which the text continues scrolling the singular word, even as a portion of the lined symbols and wall-work begin to shift, folding, flipping, rotating and eventually leaving a doorway into a darkened hallway beyond...

All Crew Members:
You seem to have found the ancient - and long abandoned - surveillance site, something belonging to the Avoid spoiling yourself, don't look them up if you can help it :PGree; what do you do: Go right in? Discuss first? The choice is now yours...
Chess gains a Destiny Point.
__________________
GMing:
Star Wars | X-Men | Ronin

Last edited by Rockerboy; Mar 26th, 2024 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Fixed image links
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 09:57 AM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is online now
He/Him
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 26297
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 4,823
Corr Shule
right-aligned image
As the 'hard-light shield' faded away to be replaced by a literal wall of text, Corr had his holorecorder out, documenting everything for posterity. I just wish my hand wasn't shaking so much, he thought, but when the writing converted to basic everything else was forgotten.

"'Surveillance Site Centi'?" he murmured, "Odd phrase. Is it one hundredth of something? Oh, 'Defense Systems on standby'? That's ominous."

And then the system seemed to start talking to them directly, inviting them in until such time as they prove worthy of extermination.

"These Gree sound like friendly folks," he observed wryly. "'Multi-centamillenial'; if this is accurate…" he trailed off as he realised just how big of a discovery this could be. He wouldn't just be getting papers published; this could be the start of an entire new field!

Enter, the wall said invitingly as a door ostentatiously opened.

"Why open a door in one step when you can do it in a hundred, huh? These Gree seem to be keen to impress, even in an apparently 'secret' surveillance site."

He was narrating for the recording as much as commenting to his friends now.

"You can't argue with how well the tech has held up for all this time, though. It's obviously adaptive, probably including self-repair and maintenance functions. I wonder what is next on the tour."

He shrugged and stepped through the door, after all this was what they had come out here for.

 
 
__________________
Current status: Still alive! The school holidays combined with a kitchen renovation have kept me from my PC, but I'll get back to my games as soon as I can. Sorry for the absence!

Last edited by Lazer; Feb 12th, 2024 at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 11:08 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12385
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,468
DarroOnce his blaster bolt idea, even if the rest of them were being dramatic about it, proved to be a valuable addition to the puzzle solving process, a bit of his swagger returns. A cocky grin tugs at the corner of his lips and he saunters to the outcropping. After a moment of waiting and watching them confer on their datapads, Darro wanders back to the jungle and gives each brintak a closer look. He's not concerned they'll get up again, but it's something to do while he waits. The whooshing sound of air gets him spinning back to look at the rest of the group.
Returning to the outcropping he reads over everyone else's shoulder. The species' name doesn't ring a bell, but there are lots of sentients in the galaxy and he would call their bluff if anyone could say they knew all of them. Much about the message seems odd, but the feeling of a trap is absent. Corr made a point in his admonition of the secretness of the site. "Well, think about it. Giaca doesn't have a native intelligent, even the Peroenians and Shorak only fight over the place, neither came from here. We call it secret because it's hidden, but just because it's hidden doesn't mean it wasn't ever meant to be found. Could just be aesthetics. Maybe they didn't like disturbing the natural ambiance." Darro suggests as he walks in behind Corr.

 
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 12th, 2024 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 11:14 AM
EMIW's Avatar
EMIW EMIW is offline
Pygmy Griffin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 13th, 2024
RPXP: 931
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Posts: 471
Ches'anc Peklorr"There's something there", Chess had commented. "Definitely an energy source. It's...old. I don't think "old" does it justice, I've never seen code like this. This could take a minute, get comfy."

He continued to tap and swipe away, fighting his way through the code. It would have taken him only a moment to shut down most modern energy shields - they were quite simple, they were either on or off, you just had to find the 'switch'. And what he was seeing felt familiar, like one of those holoimages where you had to squint in just the right way for it to make sense. And then it did start to make sense only, he realised, his vision hadn't shifted, the image had shifted to meet him. The code was changing so that it could be read. Impossible...
Muttered words escaped his mouth as he worked, making no sense out of context - "A junction? No, bring that...bolster the last...no, the substructure...wait that can't...how is it..." His face remained unchanging, but his voice grew increasingly bewildered. It felt like the final destination, the final piece of coding, was getting both easier to find and also much more precise than he had anticipated, like trying to catch a thrown ball that shrinks as it flies towards you. And then... he had it. "...I have it." Tap.

Clunk

And the rock was gone, replaced by a wall of sheet metal. Then the words, adapting to them just as the code had. He grips Gage by the shoulder, clasping the small Chiss tightly. "We did it," he says quietly. Then overcome he strides over to Corr and slaps him on the back. "We did it! After all the searching, I hardly even thought it was real any more. But we're here..." This was a level of enthusiasm rarely seen on Chess, and though he could not smile there was joy in his eyes. Whether it was the chase through the code or the confirmation of everything they had been hunting for, some loose jigsaw piece in Chess had fallen into place. He was meant to be here.

Corr hardly seems affected, commenting calmly on the text, the door, the nature of the technology here. Chess talked to him as they walked through the open door. "Come on Corr, you're like a protocol droid. I know this is rich coming from me, but show a bit of emotion! We've been looking for this place for years, maybe crack a smile?" As they talk, Chess brings his little lights out again and sends them into the darkness of the corridor ahead of them - one above, one below, two out to either side. Flickers of electricity joined them to each other, and together they looked a little like a humanoid figure, hovering down the corridor.

ActionsChess gives one 1d4. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. Once the Potent Aptitude die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Potent Aptitude die at a time.Potent Aptitude die to Corr.
Chess casts You create up to four orbs of light within range that hover in the air for the duration. You can also combine the four lights into one glowing vaguely humanoid form of Medium size. Whichever form you choose, each light sheds dim light in a 10-foot radius.Mobile Lights.
__________________
DM: Heroes of Augera
World Anvil: Torosevia
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 11:37 AM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 34256
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 27,765
Tragobha
right-aligned image
Tragobha's mouth was open slightly at the newly revealed tech.

After a moment, he attached the blaster rifle back to his chest and pulled out a Chakram, carrying it in front of him as he went in through the door behind Chess and Corr.

"These walls look like they could be shielded and repel blaster fire." This explains his switching to a throwing weapon.
"Can anyone tell that for sure?"

 

__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 10:10 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12909
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,904
Gage
right-aligned image


Gage's eyes were like crimson saucers as he watched the way forward open, ancient alien text appearing in the air in front of him. Immediately, the chiss moved to pull up his translator; it was highly unlikely he had whatever this was stored away, but with a bit of time and devoted resources, he might just be able to formulate a rough...

... wait, no, the words changed before their eyes, soon reading as basic.

"Fascinating..." Gage eagerly read through the greeting, curious if the change was in reaction to the presence of their own tech. First Chess' code, and now the language... did this facility adapt itself to its visitors? But that was hardly the only interesting thing about what they were seeing. "Multi...centa...millenial..." Gage's couldn't contain the anxious energy in his voice, the realization of just what they had found hitting him in waves. "This facility... we're probably the first ones to step foot in here in hundreds of thousands of years... this is... HUGE."

Gage lost control, bursting into excited laughter as Chess gripped his shoulders, clasping his own blue hand over the nikto's and pumping his free fist into the air.

"Yes! The possibilities! Think of what we could learn! A technologically advanced lost race, and we're the ones who found them! There could be ANYTHING down there!" Gage followed close behind Chess, flanking Corr's other side as he tugged excitedly at the boy's arm. Some small part of the chiss' brain knew they had to be careful, but... right now, he couldn't focus on anything but excitement and anticipation.
Character Sheet
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 10:16 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12385
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,468
DarroMarveling in his own way, something Gage says tickles at his brain. "Genuine question" he asks as they move along. "Multi centa millenial. What's that mean? Centi-millenial's just a dumb way of saying ten cycles, right? Unless they mean centa as the opposite, and so they actually mean hecto-millenium. If that's the case, and they check in every hundred-thousand cycles, are they a lost civilization... or are we just in-between their regular rounds and they're going to come back someday?"
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Feb 13th, 2024 at 10:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 10:35 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12909
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,904
Gage
right-aligned image


The chiss did his best to calm himself, tempering his nervous energy a bit as Darro began to ask clarifying questions.

"Well, admittedly it's difficult to know anything for sure at this stage before delving deeper..." Gage scanned the visuals briefly with his data pad, quickly transcribing the message for later archiving. "But we can extrapolate a bit through context. First of all, the nature of this tech and its adaptability indicates a highly advanced design, but based on the message, it can't identify any of us by species. Barring an admittedly very possible malfunction, that would imply the database it's operating with predates the presence of any of our races in this part of the galaxy, or potentially their very existence! One would assume a facility designed for surveillance capable of being unmanned for long periods would be automated enough to gather such data on its own... so then, why doesn't it recognize any of us? Something must have happened... but what?" Gage cocked his head, the question hanging in the air as he barely masked the intrigued grin. "There's also the matter of this missing envoy... presumably a nearby member of their kind, but there's no record of these people in our comparatively modern history. The Gree may not be extinct, but it seems they once may have occupied this space, but have long since gone. But where? Beyond the known systems? Or were they simply killed off by something?"

At this point, Gage was just asking questions out loud, losing himself in thought.
Character Sheet
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 11:10 AM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 34256
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 27,765
Tragobha
right-aligned image
Tragobha was scowling, not that anyone could tell, as he walked along and took it all in.

Tales from his mother about the oppression of Dug on Malastare by Gran, and this place gave him that feeling he got when imagining such things.

"I don't like it. It feels... .oppressive. Anything here say what they look like? These Gree? Don't forget the recording mentioned extermination."

He skulked about, looking for anything to confirm his feeling with Chakram held at the ready.

 

__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 05:04 PM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is offline
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 7338
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 3,429
Keia
right-aligned image

Keia gazes at the shadows of the rocky underhang as the tech boys trade theories and scans, trying to discern what it is. Then, surprising them all, Darro lets off a blaster bolt right at it!

"Darro!" Keia jumps then scowls at the boy.

But then it seems the tech boys have found something. Darro's blast may have even helped, provoking an energy field reaction reading, or something.

Any hard feelings Keia may have had melt away as the portal opens, and they are greeted with a new wall of metallic symbols.

Keia's curiosity drives her on. This has to be it! she realises. She looks across to her brother, who is studiously taking notes on his holorecorder. His friends are beside themselves with excitement. As they should be. This is their ultimate discovery. An ancient archeotech temple! A dream come true for them all, but especially Corr. She is happy for him, if also a little afraid.

The holo-message disappears and a portal opens to a dark hall beyond.

Keia creeps alongside them as they enter. The scale of the discovery makes her fall into hushed awe. She is also worried about two things. Defense systems on standby, was one of the messages from the machine guarding the portal. She had overheard it from the others. The other was, they had "yet to prove you warrant extermination." As exciting as this all was, that phrase stood out to her as ominous.

"These walls look like they could be shielded and repel blaster fire. Can anyone tell that for sure?" says Tragobha.

"No!" says Keia, quickly glancing at Darro, hoping he will not take up that challenge.

As they walk, the others ruminate on the nature of this place and the intentions of the creators. Keia thinks out loud.

"Maybe it wasn't hidden so much as... coded?" She goes on to explain this. "I mean, that doorway has been there in plain sight forever, it's just that no-one understood how to open it. Maybe it was a kind of code left behind, that could only be opened by someone with sufficient technological advancement. Someone really clever."

She grins at Corr with that comment.

"Anyway, we're inside and free from menace, for now," Keia says. "Lets take a look around!"

Keia does exactly that, scampering along and peering at everything that looks interesting...


OOCPerception check of 21!


Character Sheet / Hit Points: 10 / PP: 13 / AC: 13 / Conditions: None[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Mitsubachi; Feb 14th, 2024 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Caught up!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 11:24 PM
Rockerboy's Avatar
Rockerboy Rockerboy is offline
very preem, choom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2024
RPXP: 1729
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Posts: 743
GM

The group continues to move into the facility, with the darkness giving way to quite a large and spacious hallway. The environment is angled, designed in a fashion that seems familiar, but also antiquated, almost as though what you're seeing could have been some kind of foundational design for a lot of cultural influences in the present. Or, maybe it's just a timeless architecture, which would also explain how the Gree had had the forethought to develop and implement adapting technologies.

As the group walks, the hallway is dead silent. There is only a hum, which passes in time with the energy streams on the metallic surfaces around. These narrow lines of light thrum, pulsing almost, with the direction leading the eyes further down the long hallway.

While the group talks, some excited and visibly eager to explore, others discussing the specificity of time and its descriptors, there is a realization that the hallway just... continues. For a long while. And those keeping track of passage would realize that the group has walked roughly half a mile, well into the intended search area 1 above, save for being underground.

Suddenly, the wristpads activate, as the ancient site sends out more communication to receiving devices:

Surveillance Site Centi // Access granted
Energy Conservation Mode // ... // Deactivated
Facility-wide Systems // Online :: In Effect
Observation Sphere // ... // Powering Up
Defense Systems // Remain: On Standby

Sentient, you approach the central observation sphere of the site. It has remained inactive for -- Updating Rotational Data -- seventy nine million, nine hundred and eighty eight thousand, four hundred and sixty nine point two days, precisely.

Or < Multi-Centamillennial (100,000+)218,996.493 > years.

Ahead, the hallway splits into an intersection. There are now three additional directions the group can go, branching off from your current standing. The wristpads light up again:


Navigational // Support Active.

Sentient, the following hallways will lead to the following facility areas:

// Forward - continuing forward from your present direction will bring you to the Observation Sphere array...

// Left - continuing left from your present direction will bring you to the Power Station...

// Right - continuing right from your present direction will ring you to the Personnel Area...

The system goes quiet, waiting...

All Crew Members:
You are at an intersection. Where do you want to go? You can split up, if you dare want to.
__________________
GMing:
Star Wars | X-Men | Ronin

Last edited by Rockerboy; Mar 6th, 2024 at 03:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB