Game Thread Episode 0: Ties That Bind - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Star Wars: Echoes of Darkness
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 11:23 AM
EMIW's Avatar
EMIW EMIW is offline
Pygmy Griffin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 1700
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Posts: 664
Ches'anc Peklorr
right-aligned image

Chess shakes his head at Manx's explanation. You couldn't create starcharts like that, in real time. You had to do it system by system, build up a picture, you can't just watch the galaxy like some holovid. The processing power that would take was unfathomable. And to record it, potentially over hundreds of thousands of years? There wasn't a name for the amount of memory storage that would require, not to his knowledge.

But then - this issue with... Orbs?

"We haven't touched any Orbs," he comments. "And it's just us. What Orbs are you talking about?"
__________________
DM: Heroes of Augera
World Anvil: Torosevia

Last edited by EMIW; Mar 21st, 2024 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 11:52 AM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: 34894
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,324
Tragobha
right-aligned image
Tragobha let that sink in, decades...

That was a long time to keep a secret, especially with all the coming and going to this place over that time period.

His investigative mind kicked in. "How long have you been coming here? And who else knows?"

 

__________________
Posting Status: On Track - If a post is needed from me either as a DM/GM or a player, please PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 01:06 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12685
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,612
DarroOf course they think we took it. He cannot hold his silence any longer, as much as he wanted to. "The orbs that someone removed the last time someone came here after Manx did, Chess." Pausing, Darro crosses his arms, less convinced this would end in a firefight. "Before we were interrupted," Darro comments, the scathing comment aimed at the trio of adults, "I was trying nail down time and date stamps on the system entries logged in the last 20 days to something more narrow than 'twenty days.' I don't know when the last time you all were here, but if you do wipe the logs when you go, someone's been here twice since you have in the last twenty days, observing the Core Worlds and the Outer Rim, before removing those observation spheres. Check the log for yourself."
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 21st, 2024 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 10:13 AM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is offline
He/Him
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 27155
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 4,902
Corr Shule
right-aligned image
Corr was nearly hyperventilating as his wild guesses were confirmed. This site could monitor the whole sector in real-time! Maybe more than just a sector! With the knowledge contained here, ships could traverse the Unknown Regions just as easily as they could the rest of the Galaxy. What kind of resolution did it have? Could they zoom in and see planets? Stations? Individual ships?!

It was all too much and he found himself crouching and tucking his head between his knees. Breathe, he told himself. Just breathe, that's all you need to do. Tav wasn't letting up, explaining now to Darro that they were part of this whole conspiracy now, whether they wanted to be or not. Of course they were. They couldn't tell anyone, if word of this leaked out their peaceful planet would be the target of every war fleet in this part of the Galaxy.

"We should destroy it," he said, but his words were lost as Minerva started to freak out about some lost orbs, and then Manx said he had deleted the logs.

"That's okay," he replied, "I recorded everything." But once again Minerva was talking over him, worrying about these missing orbs, whatever they were. Chess was replying, explaining that they hadn't seen any orbs, and then Tragobha was asking more questions, then Darro was getting annoyed and talking about the logs. A feeling was welling up in his chest, a powerful, overwhelming feeling… and suddenly he was on his feet again, eyes wide and muscles tensed.

"WE NEED TO DESTROY IT!" he shouted, and then blinked in the uncomfortable silence. "We do. We're not strong enough to defend it, and the secret is out. We found it, and we're just kids."

 
 
__________________
Current status: All good.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 01:13 PM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is online now
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 7985
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 3,762
Keia
right-aligned image

There are times when Keia is supremely confident in her abilities. Perhaps too confident, some might say.

And then, at other times, she is forced to admit (grudgingly) that she is out of her depth.

This is one of those times.

Keia does not really understand the technological or astrophysical nuances that are being discussed here. She has a vague memory of a school lesson (one she did not miss!), which taught that mapping a galactic sector is just a snapshot in time. The galaxy is constantly moving, rotating, swirling, and that is why plotting hyperspace routes was so perilous: one has to account for the movement of the cosmos. The computing power required to calculate hyperspace jumps, with all that moving data, boggles Keia's mind. She cannot even conceive of the mathematical models.

The added complication, she remembers, is that even at the speed of light, events we perceive happening in the galaxy now, from any one fixed point, have actually already happened. Depending on the distance, they happened years or decades, or millennia earlier. Even watching a sunset on Giaca is in fact observing a historical event. This kind of time-warp effect makes her dizzy, so Keia prefers not to think about it.

But the tech boys all seem to understand that something terrible is wrong here, and that makes Keia tense. All the more so, because she does not understand it.

Her brother seems particularly distressed. Corr crouches and lowers his head in a way she recognises. Keia moves to him as he rises up again and explodes. She tries to lay a hand on his arm, to try and calm him. But Corr is upset in a way she has not seen recently. This is really serious, and I do not understand why...

But worrying about cosmic consequences that have not happened yet is just not Keia's style. She can only focus on the here and now. She wonders if that might help her brother to come down?

The adults said there are "orbs" missing. The tech boys group have not taken them. That can only mean one thing.

"So someone took the orbs. Not us. Not you," she looks sourly at Tav. "We have to find out who, right now, yes?"


Character Sheet / Hit Points: 10 / PP: 13 / AC: 13 / Conditions: None
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Mar 23rd, 2024, 11:33 AM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2024
RPXP: 12959
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 5,903
Gage
right-aligned image


This was so much to take in... for the moment at least, Gage at least partially understood. The information this facility could make one privy to was incredibly dangerous in the wrong hands... but also exceptionally useful in the correct ones. By monitoring the place and keeping their circle of trust small, the three had minimized the chance of anything leaking. It may not have been the choice that most benefited Gage and his friends, but it was a choice the chiss had to begrudgingly admit made sense under the circumstances.

... and yet, someone HAD found out. Someone other than them. And that someone had made off with precious components, for what purpose, one could only take the wildest stabs at without knowing more about what they did.

"These... astrometry orbs. We read about them in the logs. Just based on the name, I'm assuming they were an important part of collecting more precise data on the stars and planets in the regions being... observed?" Gage quickly called up his copy of the limited readout of recent activity. "Wait, that's right... the last area this place was directed to observe before the orbs were removed was the Unknown Regions. What could that mean? Is something.... going on there? Do these orbs store any information on their own? Oh crap.... crap... no no no." Gage seemed to be half-asking the questions of the three experts and half asking them out loud to himself, the chiss doing his best to steady his breathing as the potential ramifications began to swirl around in his overactive imagination. His eyes continued running over the text, until suddenly, he was reminded of another detail that had gone forgotten.

"...It looks like they were removed just before we arrived... or at the very least it was the last major thing to occur before the door opened. Unless whoever has them somehow slipped past us on our way in... the doors haven't opened again, right? That must mean they're.... still in here." Gage lowered his wrist, glancing around nervously. He was suddenly back to being incredibly paranoid about the shadows.
Character Sheet
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Mar 24th, 2024, 03:23 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12685
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,612
Darrow"We can't destroy this place," he says, "even if it didn't succeed in destroying us first..." it was a lifetime ago the station tried to blast them, or at least it feels that way, "but it's too valuable. To say it's dangerous in the wrong hands... gonna destroy all power generators, landspeeders, and blasters in the galaxy, too?" It was harsher than he intended. "This tech if studied right could also make a lot of people safer."
Gage's concern is more pressing. "I don't think they're still here." Darro consoles Gage. "I thought it said the door closed after the orbs were removed, and then opened again for us, and when we checked the logs, there was no door closed entry. That's what I cared about when we first looked, to see if anyone was still in here with us." Turning his gaze to the adults, he knows the answer to Keia's question is going to be the most important. And he suspects he knows the answer, too.
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 02:31 AM
Rockerboy's Avatar
Rockerboy Rockerboy is offline
very preem, choom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 2902
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Posts: 875
GM
right-aligned image
When Chess asks about the orbs, Manx steps forward and points toward the array near the group. Above it all there were prongs that reached out over the map space, kind of like metallic curved arms. Only one of them seemed to contain a fist-sized orb, which glowed and flickered with pinpoints of light within it.

"That's the orb, one of them anyway," the engineer said before he moved closer to Gage. "Did you say you had the logs? That's helpful, I need to check them."

Meanwhile, Minerva looks from the observation sphere and toward the Dug, who asked about the length of time the older group had visited and who else knew.
left-aligned image

"Well, I've been comin' here for a few years now, since I took over as chief navigator for our colony pilots. Tav's been longer, over a decade, right?" she asked, as Tav nodded an affirmative. "An' Manx's been here... sithspit, how long have you been coming, Manx?"

The scout shook her black hair, it didn't matter.

"An' we've got a small group that knows. Us, here, an' the Lenners - obviously - as well as Oshii, Sivvie an' Stavi. An' Mara Guduree. Between all those, we've been usin' this place to keep us safe and our transports bringin' in everything we need. Without it, we'd be blind, an' our community would die out pretty quick without constant import..."

That was when Tav stepped forward and held out a hand toward Corr.
right-aligned image

"Are you okay, kid?" Tav asked, eyebrows furrowed. "I understand this is a lot, believe me. I wasn't too far off your opinion when I first got brought here, when I took up head security of Landing."

The older man offered a wry smile.

"But... Minerva is right, if we lose this advantage, this tool for use, Lenner's will really struggle. As it is, we're in a bind with those orbs missing, and getting the pair back is a top priority right now, yes," Tav said as he looked to Keia, who seemed to understand the importance already. "And since it wasn't you lot, then that means someone else has entered between when we did last--"

"Nineteen days ago and today. The orbs were taken eight days ago, at around midday, and - like Darro mentioned - they closed the door behind them." Manx called, as he scanned over the logs. "It was someone with security access, but only I have that... but I was with Chess that day, right lad?"
"So that changes things," Tav muttered as he rubbed at his stubbly chin. "I was with Chald updating security protocol and guard routines around that time, and Minerva was off planet?"

"Yep. Wasn't even in the system, boss." the red-skinned alien said with a grin. "So... who we thinkin', then?"

"Hard to say without evidence, but at least we know who it isn't." Tav concluded, before he looked to the group again. "I'm going to ask you kids a favor. Something that will be hard, but important: I need you to keep this secret, return to Lenner's and to not mention this to anyone."

Tav's hands went to his hips, as he adopted a pose Tragobha knew well.

"This is vital. We need to sniff around and find out who took the orbs, and whoever it was already has a lead on us. So we can't afford tipping anyone off, alright? Tragobha, I need a word..."

With a clench of jaw, Tav motioned for Tragobha to follow him, and walked a distance away to speak in private.
right-aligned image
It was Manx who spoke up next, as he looked to Gage, though he angled himself so Chess could hear well.

"The orbs, as best I can tell, allow the sphere to correlate data and maintain the focusing ratio needed to observe real space," the engineer said as he nodded, finished the logs on the pad. "I haven't had a chance to really explore beyond our system, but I suspect the whole network is based on remote relays and frequency transmitters. The orbs turn those frequency data-dumps into a realized three-dimensional projection... but they also expand the scope of distance, allowing for entire sectors of space to be watched at once... and if my suspicion is correct--"

Manx frowned and walked over the console. He pressed several buttons.

"--yeah, it looks like the observation sphere has been limited, severely. It has enough power for our system and surrounding sectors, and little more than that. And it's translating the data currently in a one-dimensional space. Not ideal. That means we're currently losing a huge portion of data, without spending huge amounts of time slicing the data layers apart to see specific things.

"Uh, think of it like peeling back layers of a painting, without pulling all the paint off at once."


Manx sighed as he stepped back and rubbed his neck.

"Even now, we're near-blind."

left-aligned image
Minerva had circled around to stand near the twins and Darro, as she looked between them with blue eyes. "Y'all doin' okay? I know this is a lot, huh? But, ya know, we didn't keep this from any of you for spiteful reasons or anythin'... we just had to keep it a secret, generally. It's been really important for Lenner's, keepin' us afloat. Import is a lifeline for us, and getting through those distortions without losin' ships every other day is just as important... we can't replace transports outta pocket, not at the speed we'd need if we didn't have those nav-charts.

"So... whatcha think? Can you keep this between us, 'til Tav can find out who nabbed the orbs?
__________________
GMing:
Star Wars | X-Men | Ronin
Update: RL work commitments have resulted in temp greater workload, so posting/GMing is iffy til mid-June - sorry!

Last edited by Rockerboy; Mar 25th, 2024 at 02:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 06:23 AM
EMIW's Avatar
EMIW EMIW is offline
Pygmy Griffin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 1700
EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW EMIW
Posts: 664
Ches'anc Peklorr
right-aligned image
"It was someone with security access, but only I have that... but I was with Chess that day, right lad?"

Chess realises that Manx has directed a question at him. "Uh, sure. We were working on the repulsor for Mr Kruy's barge." He remembered that Manx had taken off for a couple of hours around midday, but that didn't seem worth mentioning. He'd had nowhere near the time to get to the outpost and back. Besides, Manx wouldn't have taken these orbs anyway, not if this place was so important to Giaca's survival.

Chess's mind was still blown by the apparent abilities of this outpost. And here he'd thought the Observation Sphere would be dull. He'd laughed inside when Manx had talked about real-time observation of space, but they all seemed to be deadly serious.

"As if anyone would believe us anyway," Chess scoffs at Minerva's question about keeping this quiet. "What are we going to say, 'Oh by the way, the town elders have been hiding a secret, impossibly old, impossibly advanced surveillance post from us, but someone has stolen the parts that make it work and now Giaca is doomed'? Yeah, that'll go over real well." He waves his hand dismissively. "We'll just get told to stop stirring up trouble. But... is Giaca in real risk now? Okay so we're blind, that's bad enough, but could someone more, uh, bad-natured use it to get through the hyperspace tangles to attack us?"
__________________
DM: Heroes of Augera
World Anvil: Torosevia

Last edited by EMIW; Mar 25th, 2024 at 06:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 07:03 AM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is offline
He/Him
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 27155
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 4,902
Corr Shule
right-aligned image

Corr nodded at Chess' question, turning to Manx who had tried to explain the tech. "Could the orbs be used independently of the sphere? Is whoever stole them flying around scanning everything within hundreds of parsecs of their ship? If not they're probably taking them apart to reverse-engineer the tech. Or they just want us to be blind, I guess, but without compromising their ability to use the system. Hmm, maybe we should remove the last orb so if they come back at least they won't have the full capabilities of the outpost."

He hadn't bothered to answer Minerva asking if they would keep this quiet. Of course he would! But since the secret was apparently already out, he didn't see what good it would do.

His mind turned to the problem of tracking down whoever had stolen the orbs, which was definitely not his area of expertise. Presumably Tragobha would know what to do, but he couldn't help but make some suggestions, however naïve they may turn out.

"Is there a security feed, Gage? Could we see who came in? Or…" he turned to Minerva now. "There must be records of ships from eight days ago, right? Like, if somebody flew out here?"

He had been talking about records in Lenner's Landing, but now that he thought about it, hadn't Manx said the Sphere stores that kind of information, if it happens to be looking the right way? He took a look at the logs that Gage had stored on his wristpad and frowned.

"Whoever stole the orbs focused the array on the Unknown Regions first, so we might have a glimpse of a ship landed here before the orbs get removed."

The other odd thing that he noticed was that the previous time somebody had been in, nineteen days ago, somebody had changed the focus from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. If they had really only been using the Sphere to keep the route to Giaca open, why would they have needed to do that? Why would anyone be looking at the Core Worlds in the first place?

He shot a significant look at Keia but he knew that even she wouldn't be able to read exactly what was making him so uneasy. Could they really trust anyone outside of their own small group?

 
 
__________________
Current status: All good.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 07:49 AM
Rockerboy's Avatar
Rockerboy Rockerboy is offline
very preem, choom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2024
RPXP: 2902
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Posts: 875
__________________
GMing:
Star Wars | X-Men | Ronin
Update: RL work commitments have resulted in temp greater workload, so posting/GMing is iffy til mid-June - sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 08:23 AM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is offline
He/Him
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 27155
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 4,902
Corr Shule
right-aligned image

He couldn't shake an odd feeling, like a chill creeping up his spine. Why had somebody been focusing on those places? He had to know, and there was only one way to find out.

"Why was the array focused on the Core Worlds?" he asked Tav, figuring the Chief of Security would be most likely to have an answer. "Or the Outer Rim? If it's just getting used to keep the local charts updated, I mean."

 
 
__________________
Current status: All good.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 10:30 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 12685
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,612
DarroProcessing his own feelings as the conversation evolves, he find himself on a rollercoaster of softening and hardening to the truth of why the station was kept secret. Many of the probable reasons for their deceit were confirmed as the adults continued to rationalize their decisions. Darro resents how much he agrees with everything they had to say, and settles into the uncomfortable position of having to silently admit he would probably have made the same decision… is making the same decision. His eyes flick from person to person, and his arms move slowly from crossed, to hooked into the belt buckle holding his crossed holsters, and back to folded over his chest a few times. Little else gives away his thoughts, well, except when Minerva lists off who knows. Of course Stavi knows, that weasel… he muses to himself, suppressing a smile under his self-imposed stoicism.
Often Darro forgets that, by putting everyone except his few friends at arm’s length, most people don’t actually know him very well. Initially he bristles at Minerva having the gall to ask if he’d keep the surveillance station, and the leadership of the town’s involvement with it, a secret. Darro’s mind had already gone so far down the track on the assumption the secret would be kept, it was almost jarring to have to return to what, in his mind, was old news. By the time she could get to asking him that he was already weighing the implications of being in the inner circle now, if it would have any positive impacts on his ability to keep his friends safe or put them in more danger. But, ultimately, keeping the secret, recovering the orbs, and continuing to use the station for the greater good was the right thing to do and it felt right to Darro to do it.
He is tempted to prolong the repartee, not to show his hand, to keep Minerva and the rest guessing about his motives and his willingness. It seems dangerous to let them believe he’s on board due to anything other than the external pressure. His first thought is to ask her ”What’s in it for me?" and play up the pirate, make her think they have to bribe him into compliance. Or perhaps something like ”Your hair would go white if you knew some of the secrets I’m already keeping.” so they think he is adding this to his pile of intelligence, bluffing them into thinking he has more influence than he does. Not only is he certain Minerva and or Tav will see through one of those, the tone in the room is just wrong. Ultimately he looks Minerva straight in the eye and says,
”Yes. But, we’re part of this now.” Right? is the dangling, insecure, question he stops himself from asking, cutting it off at the declaration. There was so much more he wanted to do. In silence he mourns their trip being cut short. He can foresee the adults being too wrapped up in their obligations, and sending the pack of them off to help find the orbs. Darro wanted to play archeologist, and explore the station, not so much tomb-raiding but exploring ancient unseen areas. Maybe not so unseen anymore, but they hadn’t even gotten the chance to see the personnel area, and Chess wanted to indulge in his interest at the power station. This was supposed to be a fun discovery they could spend the rest of the day on, or the weekend, or the next month however they felt. But, if they continued to explore at a leisurely pace, eventually what happened here would have happened – a numbers game on when they’d be stumbled upon. Speaking of, the serendipity of them showing up right when he and his friends found entry… “How did you know we were here?” He asks. What’s the chances we stumbled upon this place during their regular rounds?
__________________
Current Games:
The Knick Knacks of Doom

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Mar 25th, 2024 at 01:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 02:15 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 12th, 2024
RPXP: 34894
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,324
Tragobha
right-aligned image
Tragobha nodded and off to a side with his superior, he responded.


 

__________________
Posting Status: On Track - If a post is needed from me either as a DM/GM or a player, please PM me.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Mar 25th, 2024, 03:38 PM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is online now
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 14th, 2024
RPXP: 7985
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 3,762
Keia
right-aligned image

Keia puts her hands on her hips as the oldies give their justifications.

The extent of their little secret-club begins to become clearer. Tav knew about this place a decade ago, when he became head of security... like they pass it on in some ritual or something.

She is unimpressed by the reasoning, and knows where it is leading.

Sure enough, Tav ends with, "I'm going to ask you kids a favor. Something that will be hard, but important: I need you to keep this secret, return to Lenner's and to not mention this to anyone."

Keia gazes at her friends. They each seem to be considering this in different ways. The tech boys, including her brother, do seem to genuinely fear the consequences of this technology.

Of Tragobha, Keia is suspicious. He is a security man, like Tav. She feels more than ever before like she cannot trust the Dug.

And there he goes, for a little quiet side conference with his pals.

She is not sure about Darro now. Keia wants to think she can trust him, but understands that is the part of her that...

Oh just admit it!

Yes. OK. It is the part of her that has a crush on the roguish boy.

Minerva ends with another exhortation. "So... whatcha think? Can you keep this between us, 'til Tav can find out who nabbed the orbs?"

And now Keia witnesses Chess, Gage and even Corr participating in the discussion about who had taken the orbs. They are tacitly agreeing to the continued subterfuge!

Keia confronts the adults. "Well, it seems to me your little secret is already out, so it's a bit late to be keeping this from everyone in Lenner's."

She does, however, realise it is important to find out who the unknown interlopers may be. And perhaps she can contribute to that, for now. "Are there any other doors in and out of here? Maybe we can track whoever came through the jungle."

She gives Corr a significant look. "Anyone want to come look outside?" meaning, "I'd like to talk you away from these people..."


Character Sheet / Hit Points: 10 / PP: 13 / AC: 13 / Conditions: None
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB