Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 31st, 2024, 07:32 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35687
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
The Great Big Community Appreciation Thread V

Our community is full of great people doing wonderful things. This thread is a place to tell their stories, point to what they've wrought, and give thanks. We are starting this thread in conjunction with our April Community Appreciation Day(s).

Please post!

PS If you are looking for last year's thread, it's here.
Old Apr 1st, 2024, 09:27 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35721
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Most of our members never see the work that zevonian does behind the scenes, but let me tell you, zev is everywhere! Spam bots? Reported posts? Advertising things against he site rules? Chances are, zev has caught and deleted a dozen of these posts before most of us have even logged in to check our game updates! Not all heroes wear capes, but I'm convinced zev should. Spammers should see zev like this:

Old Apr 1st, 2024, 06:06 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13516
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
So many people deserving of appreciation today! Thanks to everyone who puts their time and energy into the site, and making it a friendly, welcoming place for all, especially the admins, event hosts, judges, and all the good people!

And DOUBLE big appreciation for all the GMs out there, I'm sure i speak for everyone when I say that we are eternally thankfull for running games for us to enjoy! <3
Share your art!

Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 08:41 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15892
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
A big shout out to our supreme leader Birched for without whom we’d have no home. Also he lets me be a moderator where I get to actualize my goals of harassing Dirkoth across more threads.
Old Apr 3rd, 2024, 06:05 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35687
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Thank you to all of you who contribute to making this community fun and welcoming. All the moderators and admin, all the contest runners and helpers and participants, all the GMs and their players, all the new member greeters, and so many more. Thank you to all the CS members for making this community stable! Thank you!
Old Apr 4th, 2024, 07:09 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2780
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Thanks to staff for staffing stuff.

Thanks t the Mods for modding stuff.

Thanks to CS supporters for supporting stuff.

Thanks to the GMs/DMs for gming stuff.

Thanks to the players for playing stuff.

In a nutshell, thanks to everyone for making this a great place for a bit of escapism! It is all very much appreciated.

Last edited by Drifter One; Apr 4th, 2024 at 07:10 AM.
Old Apr 5th, 2024, 01:57 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 71870
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Thanks to everyone who takes time to create and risk putting your ideas and your writing out for the entire world to see!

We don't create perfect posts every time ... but we don't have to. Dedication, courtesy and love for the game are the most important ingredients to sustaining campaigns and keeping the excitement alive.

Here's to a 2024 full of great gaming!

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 5th, 2024 at 01:58 AM.
Old Apr 5th, 2024, 09:35 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88357
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Apologies for being late to the thread, and not very active, but... just spent two weeks without much internet, packed/loaded/moved halfway across the US, unloaded, and now am unpacking. Just got internet again today, and have a borrowed keyboard (because who knows where they packed the one for my computer...)

But... I appreciate everyone who comes here with their imaginations, and games. You are the community. You make us or break us with your presence. I appreciate the humor, fun and laughter, the posts and jokes, the games and excitement.

I can't say enough about the Reds that help run this place... and let's be honest, YOU guys run this place, the Reds just try to steer it forward. It's a ride sometimes, and I appreciate each and every one of you beautiful people for the work you do to guide, direct, moderate, help, assist, answer, etc.. Every one of you except Raylorne, of course. I should have banned him at graduation from NPSG. Had I known what he would become... ugh. Junior Squeak.

Birched, Ronar, Choco, I can't say enough about you. I admire your patience with me, and your wisdom.

Zev, you are a freakin' machine around here. This place would fall apart without you.

To those that have come and gone, I hope you are only on a hiatus, recharging your batteries. I miss gaming with many, many old friends.

Speaking of the dearly departed, I would be remiss if I didn't mention his passing, and how much I miss him every day. You will never be forgotten, little brother. At least until I can get this tattoo burned off you snuck onto me that night in El Segundo. I still don't know what was in that BBQ sauce you had me eat, but three days later, I woke up with that tattoo. And missing a kidney. Luckily, I had three to start with, so...

RIP Squeak.
Old Apr 5th, 2024, 11:37 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52936
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
Speaking of the dearly departed, I would be remiss if I didn't mention his passing, and how much I miss him every day. You will never be forgotten, little brother. At least until I can get this tattoo burned off you snuck onto me that night in El Segundo. I still don't know what was in that BBQ sauce you had me eat, but three days later, I woke up with that tattoo. And missing a kidney. Luckily, I had three to start with, so...

RIP Squeak.
I am insulted at the accusation. I would never bring anyone to a place where you needed sauce for the bbq.

I would ditto the appreciation to the reds. I know how much they do and how difficult it can be to tolerate the Big D.

And to that same big D, this place wouldn’t be the same without you!

Last edited by Squeak; Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:39 PM.