RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44445
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Table Talk

Welcome to Aethera's little section of the New Player Solo Games for 13th Age! I'll be your host this evening. This is a place to just hang around and chat for anyone who has me as a GM for the NPSG. Or anyone who has a comment for me or my players. Or anyone who feels like stalking us. It's all good. (Kidding.)

Also, here is the Tangled Vine Tavern, a place where you can chat with other NPSG players (instead of only those playing with me), and get some advice from more experienced players. Please keep it spoiler free, in regards to game points, but otherwise it is a good place to get help, or just talk. I'd rather you didn't share specifics of the game here, either, in case you ruin the surprise for someone else, but let's face it... a canned adventure isn't all that gripping to begin with, so don't worry about it too much.

About AetheraFor your reference, I'm on New York time, which is currently GMT-4 (including daylight savings time). If you're wondering why I haven't responded to your post yet, that might be a reason. You are welcome to use any/all of the contact information in my profile if you have questions. (And I spend a lot of time in the unofficial RPGX chatroom.) I also claim a need to sleep periodically as probably the best reason I'm not online.

Last edited by Aethera; 11-20-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
MontgomerytheMage MontgomerytheMage
So sorry about that! Thanks for letting me know, I won't be doing that in the future. Should I send you a private message when I've completed the post?
Old 11-21-2017, 05:55 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
I'll check back, not to worry, I just wanted to give you the heads up.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:02 AM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3623
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
Hi Aethera! What's up? You may remember me, I've been pretty active until a year ago or so, then real life hit me hard and I suffered major burnout.

I was thinking about getting back into the fray, and GMing a solo game may be a good way to do so (and useful to the community to boot). Excuse me if this isn't the place to ask (*), but where can I apply to Gm 13th Age? Assuming, of course, that there is need for a GM right now. I suppose I could do PF or 5th, but I'd like 13th better (and I know the system much better).

Later,
S

(*) I'm 100% positive this is absolutely not the place to ask
Old 05-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Hi there, stepanxol, you're right, this isn't the place to ask. That said, I can't actually find the most recent "do you want to be a NPSG DM" thread, so I don't blame you for ending up here. The appropriate thing to do would be to PM zevonian, he's in charge of the NPSG program. There are criteria I don't know off the top of my head that you're supposed to be on the server long enough to be "ready" to NPSG DM.

Two things. One, I'm not sure there's a need for another 13th Age GM. No one has been requesting it. Two, NPSG DMing is not a way to get into GMing for real... the adventure is basically copy/paste at this point. Thus, if what you're really after is GMing experience, there's no time like the present to just start a real game. I would recommend starting a game yourself if that's what you're really after. It's fun, players are good natured if you tell them you're not a GMing wiz... it goes pretty well.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:37 PM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
Hi Aethera!
Maybe, as you say, the NPSG DM thread has been pulled for 13A because there are more DMs than players?

As far as the actual games go, I know it's not the most creative of endeavors for GMs -- I just remember how much fun I've had back with Spankucus -- I climbed the tower with my roach companion!when I did play and I wanted to give back some of my time to the community. But you're right, I'll just advertise my willingness to play/DM solo games in the miscellaneous advertisements.

Thanks,
S
Old 05-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, if you want to DM this, go for it. Zev will probably pick you up since I'm the only DM at present and he likes having a backup. It's up to you.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:17 PM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
OK thanks, I'll drop him a line!
Take care, talk to you later... well, sometimes, I guess?
Old 07-15-2020, 07:10 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 852
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
I've never heard of this before RPGX. Accidentally got a look at a character sheet, and I may be interested in a game. Mental defense is a new thing to me, if someone could walk me through the character sheet. Similar to DnD until it isn't. Glanced at the rules that I saw somewhere. My One Unique Thing my quirk., iis that I "make up" little songs that relate to the thing at hand. (actually, I quote music lyrics, but they wouldn't have been written yet).
Old 07-15-2020, 08:33 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Hey there, TADHG. Since savoy is already running you through an NPSG, I can't run you through the same adventure using 13th Age rules. I can point you at the character creation walkthrough I wrote for the moment, and then try and keep you in mind if there's room in any of my group games? At the moment there are only two group games running using 13th Age rules: one is mine, one is run by stepanxol. I want to see more 13th Age on RPGX, but without more time in the day, I can't actually run any more games.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:19 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 852
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera View Post
Hey there, TADHG. Since savoy is already running you through an NPSG, I can't run you through the same adventure using 13th Age rules. I can point you at the character creation walkthrough I wrote for the moment, and then try and keep you in mind if there's room in any of my group games? At the moment there are only two group games running using 13th Age rules: one is mine, one is run by stepanxol. I want to see more 13th Age on RPGX, but without more time in the day, I can't actually run any more games.
Thanks for your reply. It's too bad, or maybe it's good, that the solo games are nearly the same. I'll take a look into the character creation thing. I started creating a character, and noticed that the sheet looked a little off, because there are some differences. It's interesting enough to try. Since most games seem to run a post a day, if you're lucky, it seems like there's room to play multiple games at once--from the player side, anyway. I know that DMs put a lot of work into their games to keep them fresh and interesting.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:46 AM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
A post a day isn't really that common, unfortunately. I think it's made a comeback lately as more people are forced to find online methods of continuing their tabletop RPG obsessions. I'd say most games are 1-3 posts per week, and there's a distinct difference between the style of gaming in the "post every day/every other day" circles – it's more direct, shorter posts that mirror tabletop more closely with only short time periods dealt with – than in the "post a couple times a week" circles – which tend to write longer posts, whether that's more introspection or description, a longer time period, or what have you.

DMing is definitely a different time commitment. I know my simple posts are about equivalent to a player post (dealing with a round of other players' actions), but those are not the common ones. Usually I'm trying to deal with the players' actions, NPCs, and move the plot forward. I'll go dig up a 13th Age interest thread I made a while back and find the link for you, maybe with enough discussion (and planning time on my part), either I can start another game from a pre-written adventure that would be a way to get others involved with 13th Age, or someone else might have ideas for a game. There are a few people I think I've converted to the merits of 13th Age, maybe one of them will have time.
Old 07-16-2020, 09:47 AM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
For one, if you start a new game, I'll be most willing to play -- it's been a long while...
Old 07-16-2020, 06:43 PM
Ia! Ia! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Wow that thread is four years out of date already.