Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Kingmaker: The Stolen Lands
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-12-2015, 09:34 PM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9268
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
There was a creak as the door opened and a towering woman stepped--or, arguably, danced--through it, sliding her feet quietly along the ground in careful crescents, shifting her weight from side to side with each step and weaving her head to match. Her fluid, serpentine movement was in fact a calculated maneuver to prevent her head from striking the frame, without having to stoop to the indignity of, well, stooping. It would have been the practical way, but it was so inelegant. Besides, if her entrance drew a little attention to herself, that was hardly a bad thing--"First impressions are key, Elyssa."

Elyssa looked around the room, her golden eyes falling on each resident with a smile. Each resident except for the bespectacled Batemon; as she looked him over and noted his posture, the way he stood and held his head, her own body went slightly rigid, and although her shining bronze lips remained curved, the warmth in her eyes was replaced with contempt. Don't start any trouble, she told herself, looking away from the offending warrior and trying to clear him from her mind. You haven't even finished what you've got.

She began to relax as she noted a man walking around, offering sweets to any who would try them. She moved towards him quickly, her long legs closing the distance in a moment. "As compelling a pitch as I've ever heard, and I must commend you for it." The grin she gave Dario was playful, almost teasing, but the compliment was heartfelt. A performance like this was a work of art, a match for any theater troupe reciting the dusty words of some ancient playwright. "If you're offering samples, I would be delighted to see if your confection matches your claims."

Last edited by Morathor; 02-12-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Correcting tags
Old 02-12-2015, 09:50 PM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10220
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
The intensity is turned up when a Devana interrupts Dario and himself. Suddenly, a simple excursion to the Wilds was turning into an All-Star event. He chokes on the candy.

"'Scuse me..."
he wheezes. "I need... water...", escaping to find a washroom.

Even without his latent psychic abilities, her immediate distain for him was palatable.

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; 02-12-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14842
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Too sweet. With a grimace Colbohn managed to choke down the "extravagant offering" before continuing. Few blackberries off the vine would be more to my taste. Quietly and fairly unobtrusively Colb managed to move a few feet further down the wall as the waiting area began to have more and more people packed into it.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 237
Skepty Skepty Skepty
As the sweet is offered to Churply, his tongue shoots from his mouth, grabs the small piece of candied fruit, and snaps it back into the frog's mouth. The sweetness hits him like a hammer, as he has never eaten anything quite like it before. The grippli tended to trade for much more practical things than sweets. Churply munches it down nevertheless. Then, despite the fact that the tray has been taken away and is being offered to the others in the room, the young druid's tongue shoots across the room again and snatches a second piece.

Once he has finished, he addresses the man who has so kindly brought a gift. "Your food is unusual," he says, "But also enjoyable. One day I will kindly repay you with a gift of horse-flies pickled in fermented berries."
Old 02-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Bone Head

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1009
spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed
Xaphan
Xaphan sat in silence for a few moments as the gathering grew. in a group like this, I might be considered the normal one. He smiled at the thought, exposing sharp piranha-like teeth.

His happy thought was interrupted by the man passing out candies. His smile faded and he simply shook his head in refusal. "No, thank you." His voice was hoarse but polite in tone.

Last edited by spikehed; 02-13-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Force of Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Kalvin
A fairly tall Human in traveling clothes sits in the back of the room, watching and listening. He nods as the wild-looking woman introduces herself as Malva, and responds with a simple, "Kalvin."

After tasting a little sample of succade--really just to treat himself, since he had seen it before when traveling through the River Kingdoms--Kalvin walks over to the Grippli and the wild-woman, both of whom have caught his interest. He nods seriously when Churply promises the succade merchant a rather... interesting gift, but his eyes sparkle with the humor of it. No two cultures are the same.

He looks at Malva. "You are the keeper of Narlmarch, or Life is?" Kalvin speaks with the enunciation of a well-schooled nobleman, although his clothes are those of a traveling merchant.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:11 PM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10220
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Batemon to NixAfter guzzling from his flask, he spies another seat to sit by, giving Nix a coy smile as he settles in. "I don't know about you, but I think this place is getting a little crowded with all the blue bloods crawling in..."

The irony of the fact that he himself is a blue blood doesn't escape him. The irony that a noble-in-disguise is complaining about the nobles to another noble-in-disguise does evade him.

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; 02-13-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20631
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
”Dario Amicizia”
Dario angled his head a bit and acknowledges his perplexedness as Batemon, the guy he was channeling his polite, mannerly sales pitch to, looked with a worried look over Dario’s shoulder and excused himself. The succade-promoting artisan gathered that something large was approaching from behind and he quickly composes his resolute expression before he turns to the tall lady. For a very short moment he are taken aback by her snake-like eyes and her bronze scales, but his experienced, glamourous salesman talent kicks in and he beams at her with a wide and dazzling smile while she states her wish. “My dear.. what a gorgeous rakli we have here?” he purrs while he finickily snatches a succade from the bowl and prods it at Elyssa. “This is heavenly glory served in a single, square cube. If you find it as delicious and intriguing as I suspect you will, do not hesitate to tell me and I shall set aside a sample for you.” As he smiling continued his venture around the room, he advised himself that he should later return to this lady and build a solid connection to her. She seemed like a resourceful woman and her confidence was inspiring.

Dario had with an almost childlike joy accompanied by a warm, soft chuckle goggled at the grippli as it had snapped the succade from his tweezers with its long, slender tongue. As he with a shrug continues from the refusing and contemplating warrior the blurred flash of pink makes him stop and turn towards the approaching grippli with its obvious enthusiasm for succade and the following kind offer. The usual kick arrives instantly, as he eyes an opportunity to collect ‘rare’ goods - and though the Amicizia merchant has ventured far in gastronomic exercises, he has never tasted ‘horseflies, pickled in fermented berries’. Dario offers his hand to the frog like man, mainly for the purpose of making the promise absolute and secondly he would like to feel grippli skin between his fingers. “That sounds... interesting. I would definitely have a look at that if you would offer me such a gift.” His mind was searching through the archives of potential buyers for such delicacies.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Secretly Cephalopodal

Tools
User Statistics
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Malva BrackenThe contempt she felt for Dario as he entered the room was both obvious and palpable, subtly was definitely a lost art to her, and the scowl she gave him was quite open. "Useless. Waste." She grumped, shaking her head. Whether she meant him or the candy treat he offered was open to interpretation, considering the dirty look she had for him was turned to the little cube as well. It would obviously take more than sweet and pomp to impress a woman like her, though that much would have been obvious just from looking at her. What most might consider modern commodities were quite out of her comfort zone.

Fortunately before she could spit anymore insults towards Dario someone else offered an interruption. Malva examined the man for a long moment, making no attempt to hide the purpose of her actions. Against her shoulder the bird seemed to do the same, cocking his head first left, then right, then back again as the man questioned them.

Not that Kalvin would get the answer he was probably looking for. "Yes." She spoke the word simply, as though the answer should have been obvious. It amazed her the kinds of things that seemed to elude these civilized beings. His power was hers, her voice was his, they were one in the same and would not be nearly as effective apart. That said, she raised her hand to gesture to her feathered companion again. "Breath." She corrected simply. He was Life, but that was not his name. She may not have been particularly strong with words but she knew that these ones were not synonymous in meaning.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:54 PM
Force of Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Kalvin
Kalvin studies Malva and her bird-creature right back. So, they are guardians together, he thinks. Perhaps a druid? But no, she didn't know what a druid was. Maybe a witch, then? Either way, she could probably use a few friends from this culture. She doesn't seem to know how to communicate very well yet.

"Hello, Breath," he says, setting his thoughts aside and raising a hand to the unique and beautiful creature. He is surprised by the intelligence he sees in its eyes. Kalvin has seen many animals in his travels, but never one so exotic.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:40 AM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9268
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Elyssa took the proffered sweet daintily between her forefinger and thumb, the rings of her left hand glistening slightly as her fingers moved. She put the succade to her lips and all but inhaled it without visibly opening her mouth--"A lady does not show her teeth."--and rolled it around in her mouth. The succade was sweet, bitter, and slightly acidic, and she savored the dance of flavors. Her forked tongue was more sensitive than most, and she preferred foods with a bit of subtlety. Her delight in the subdued flavors that few even noticed helped her give the impression of having a refined palate when that was advantageous--which was not often, but it could give her opinion more weight when discussing the sale of food or drink. Or for mocking the coarseness of another noble's taste... she was rather sure the man with the glasses had taken one of Dario's treats, but could not recall his response to it.

As Batemon excused himself (giving Elyssa a thrill of victory followed almost immediately by a pang of shame) and Dario drifted away to other potential customers (at least, she assumed he was selling, if not his talents were being put to waste), the elegant woman settled in next to one of the few men in the room taller than she was. She smiled warmly up at Xaphan. "How do you fare, good sir? Do forgive me for intruding, but you meet some of the most interesting people in the places that others avoid." She nodded at some of the others hanging around the edges of the room, most of whom were quietly observing the gathering. "Some people watch, and calculate, and plan, and I commend them for it. I'm afraid I lack the patience for such an approach to life. I have to wonder, sir, do you have the patience for it? Or is there another reason you stick to the edges?" Of course, the most obvious reason did not escape Elyssa, but the tiefling might have had another motive. And besides, if he was worried about the judgment of others, she didn't want to reinforce the notion.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Secretly Cephalopodal

Tools
User Statistics
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Malva BrakenMalva watched with suspicion as Kalvin continued the conversation. She was not used to such open communication, most of the people she encountered were mistrustful, leery of her and her powers, her feral life. They kept conversations at a minimum, they offered her things, trinkets, mostly useless, in exchange for her assistance. She did not require their things, her job was to preserve life and that was what she would do, but she did not try to turn them down. They frequently did not give her a chance before they parted ways.

It was a functional relationship, not a friendly one. And yet this man was not making any attempt to cut their conversation short now that he had the information that he wanted. How strange.

Breath, at least, seemed okay with things for now. Cocking his head at the man and stretching his neck out, clacking his beak in a return greeting. Malva seemed to relax a little bit at that, so long as Breath seemed to trust the man then she supposed things couldn’t be all that dangerous.

"You?" She questioned, a little awkward, she wasn’t exactly used to introductions.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:09 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9940
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
A tall, bearded human wandered into the room while the others spoke, wearing a finely wrought longsword at his belt but no more armor than a pair of breeches and a red cotton tunic with an antlered bear stitched onto the front in black. Surveying the room, he seems to have mixed feelings about the assortment of oddball residents, but with a sigh and a clearing of his throat he resigns himself to such company.

Noticing that most of the people are engaged in small conversations amongst themselves, Duram's gaze eventually settles on Colbohn and/or Edwintwo well armed men sitting apart from the others, apart from one another as well but close enough that he could address them both at once. Striding over, the nobleman clears his throat and begins with a casual confidence. "Am I to understand that we're all waiting here to speak with the Swordlords? Regarding the restoration of the Greenbelt, that is?"
Old 02-15-2015, 02:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14842
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
From his place sitting crosslegged against the wall Colbohn found himself answering the newest arrival. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say he responded to what appeared to be yet another of the nobility coming to join their little party. Seems the case. On the other hand, gonna be difficult sneaking up on bandits with this many people. I expect there isn't a full handful of this crew who know their way outside the streets of a city. Noisy...and lots of us so far.

As if just realising how clearly he'd spoken up, Colb ducked his head deeper beneath the already deep and dark cowl of his cloak. After clearing his throat in a subconscious gesture of awkward awareness, the hooded figure bent back to his task and began working on what would apparently be a few arrows somewhere down the line.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Bone Head

Tools
User Statistics
spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed spikehed
Xaphan
Xaphan looked up at the woman and immediately recognized the poise of a well-bred lady. He rose to his hoofed feet with ease despite the bulk of armor encasing him. Placing a hand on his chest, he dipped his head in greeting before speaking.

"I have the patience but lack the desire. I keep my back to the walls until I have gathered enough trust in those around me. It is a hard lesson to learn, to be sure. I am Xaphan."

Last edited by spikehed; 02-15-2015 at 10:54 AM.