Please post your character backgrounds and a link to your character sheet here
Old 05-16-2018, 07:23 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 321
airheadgreg airheadgreg airheadgreg airheadgreg
right-aligned image
Name: Tagnik Hiszu Wynona Maykamp (Tagnik for short)
Class: Rogue - Assassin (10), Wizard - XGEWar Magic (2)
Backstory:

Personality:
Traits:
Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice.

I lie about almost everything, even when there’s no good reason to.

Ideal:
Friendship. Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever. (Good)

Bond:
I do what needs to be done, I take no pleasure in hurting the innocent.

Flaw:
I’m convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.

Appearance :
Tagnik puts on new identities like clothes. It's unclear what his original appearance is, but when he's not on a job he wears a relaxed smile with pristine formal attire, usually pressed trousers and a loose shirt with billowy sleeves (the better to hide items that he doesn't want people to see).

Casting: Dacre Montgomery

Character Sheet:

OtherNotes
  • Character Sheet done. Just need my unique magic item!

DM Questions
  • How are you wanting to do ability score improvements? Is it just ability score improvements, or do we get feats too? Current character sheet includes feats but they can be removed easily
  • I've taken 2 levels of Wizard, am I limited to From taking 1 level as a wizard6 spells + From the second level as a wizard2 spells, or would I have been able to gain any more in my background? I'm limited to level 1 spells anyway, just wondering. I've used some of my coin to get additional spells at a rate of 50GP per level of spell.
  • Do we get any starting kit/coin? Rolled for wealth & I've spent all of it!

Last edited by airheadgreg; 05-25-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:27 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 97
Quinne
Name: Kyrast Ludlin
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Paladin, Oath of Treachery
Deity: Sekhmet
Physical Description: A slender, but strong half-elf who stands just under 6 feet tall. Dark brown hair accents Kyrast’s tanned skin and dark, heavy brown eyes.
Personality:
  • Background: Knight
  • Trait: My favor, once lost is lost forever
  • Ideal: Power if I can attain more power, no one will tell me what to do
  • Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people
  • Flaw: I too often hear veiled insults and threats in every word addressed to me, and I’m quick to anger

Last edited by Quinne; 05-16-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11059
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Raza"
left-aligned image
Name: Raza Toulresh of the Thafza Tribe

Class/Subclass: Barbarian/Path of the Storm Herald

Background: Soldier - Military Rank of Warlord

-Raza's Youth
Raza is one of the few half-orcs within her tribe. It is widely known that she is the product of Orcs raiding from time to time and raping tribal women. This being true, she had to work harder than anyone else, especially since she is a female. Women have rights similiar to Vikings of old, and thus Raza was allowed to prove herself as a warrior. She quickly stood out, and soon became one of the best warriors in the tribe. She has been fighting in the War on the side of Vallenfall for her earliest days since going through the warrior rituals and initiation more than half her life ago in years.

Personality:
Trait
I can stare down a Hellhound without flenching.
Ideal
My Tribe, my people, are what matter most.
Bond
I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves
Flaw
Violence is my answer to almost any challenge

Appearance: Raza stands 6'4" tall and strikes an imposing figure. She easily weighs upwards of 180lbs, and though muscular as is her orcish line, she, has an athletic build due to her always being on the move.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-16-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1061
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Corianne Starstriker
Class: Paladin (Oath of Devotion)
Nation: Orinshire

Appearance: Corianne stands about five feet and seven inches tall, her body toned with lean muscles. Her long golden hair flows down to nearly her waist and her eyes are blue like the autumn sky. She always tries to keep her appearance as neat and clean as they can be, and wears the symbol of her god, Pelor, proudly. Her movements are gracious and without hesitation, and normally wears a calm and pleasant demeanor, except for when she is facing the forces of evil in a battlefield.

Backstory: Corianne was taken in by a temple of Pelor at the age of 12, after her village was struck with an illness and left her as an orphan. One of the paladins, Ron Palestone, noticed and took Corianne under his wings and watched after her as well as personally training her as a paladin of Pelor. Under Ron, Corianne traveled from places to places not only to help those in need and perform miracles under the name of their god, but also to rid the evil lurking throughout their lands. She trained and studied hard, although as a teenager, her motivation may have based on her desire to be recognized and praised by her mentor. As she grew up, however, she began to believe that she was truly called by the higher power to help make the world a better place.

Shortly after Corianne turned 25, the temple received a request to send a group of paladins and clerics to aid the nation in its battle against Vallenfall. The members of the church were torn between those that were eager to head to the battlefield and those that objected. In the end, most had agreed that whether or not Vallenfall proved to be evil, they needed to be there to protect the innocent and help with the wounded. And six of the members were selected to go - two paladins and four clerics - and Ron was one of them. Corianne wasn't.

"I'm going where he goes. I have to go!" Corianne shouted in front of the elders of the temple, pointing at where Ron and others had stood. "Corianne, you are too young to participate in a war." One of the elders told her, shaking his head. "A war is different from any training you have done. You won't survive a day."

"This is the training I need, then." The young paladin spoke calmly, grasping her holy symbol. "Pelor kept me safe while my entire village died around me. He will keep me safe again. I know he will."

The elders saw the determination in her eyes, and finally decided to let her go. "Prove to us, then, how strong your faith is, Corianne. Go in the name of the Sun Father."

Ever since, Corianne fought in the war next to Ron. The pair had become somewhat of the beacon of hope for Orinshire in the battlefield, fiercely charging against the enemy and always taking time to take care of the wounded after each battle.

Character SheetCorianne's CS

Last edited by ElvenMaiden; 05-17-2018 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2209
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34

Name: Gauther Thuliaga
class/subclass: Fighter/Champion
Background: Soldier
Specialty: Infantry
Personality Trait: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal: Live and Let Live: Ideals aren't worth killing over or going to war for.
Bond: Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.
Flaw: I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.
Backstory: His people normally don't get involved in others affair much. Their business, not his people. But when an emissary from Orinshire came to them to explain the war against Vallenfall and how Vallenfall wants to take over all the lands, the Goliaths
decided to help, but first, Orinshire had to agree to let them live in peace as they had done before. It was easily agreed and the Goliaths joined in. His people were always competitive, even with each other and learned how to fight, they had to, they constantly
had to deal with the Hill Giants. With their size, the hill giants would try to grab the goliath's women during the raid. The Goliaths usually move to one area to the next, but with so many lands being taken and populated, they decided to settle. Then the hill giants came along, noticed the goliaths and they too decided to settle in the area.

Gauther entered the war when he was old enough and while those around him used blades and spears, he used a maul. He loved smashing things, it was fun. He noticed when the men fought sword to sword, it was tough going, trying to move forward. He would then heft his large maul and roar into the fray. The men stepped aside and the enemy seeing this large man bounding after them, swinging the maul like a madman, they would scatter, making it easier for his fellow men to move forward. It was just after the last battle that word came down from Orinshire's headquarters that a third country was involved and had been playing the sides against each other. Now Orinshire and Vallenfall were having counsel, trying to come to a compromise and work together against this common foe. While on alert and and on watch against this third foe, most of the men on both sides were to return home and be on call when they were needed.

So Gauther went back home and rested. Did some adventuring, either by himself or joined a small group. It was a big world out there and he only saw pieces of it during the war. So he never stayed home much. He did however, head into town now and then to get any new news between the two countries and the unknown foe.

Personality: Pretty easy going and as with his people,, very competitive, almost on everything, but over time, he realize that other races lived longer because even though they may be competitive, they didn't go way overboard like the Goliaths. While his people age the same as humans, his people rarely lived to old age. So he would watch and learn, maybe, just maybe, after the war, he could go back home and tell his people what he found. His people are stubborn, but he has to try.

He gets along with everyone fairly well. If they can hold their own, they have his respect. He doesn't like weaklings and cowards. He first was disgusted with the rogues, but he learned of their uses and finally accepted them. He is pretty much like a common soldier at times, loves the tavern for their food, women and a good old fashion brawl.

Appearance: He Stands at 8 feet tall, green eyes, shaved head. His skin is gray and his body looks like it has been carved from mountain
stone, making him look like a walking mountain. Armed with a maul and chainmail, he looks like a force to be reckon with indeed.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Seekr34; 05-16-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:55 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2828
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
right-aligned image

Name: Razzgar Da'Grouth
Race: Drow
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Faction: Vallenfall
Background: soldier (scout)
Sheet: link

Appearance : His slender build and handsome face are in contrast to his cold personality. Like most of the drow his skin is black and his dense white hair spreads over his shoulders (when not clamped into a ponytail). But unlike most of them, his eyes are blue. His motion is agile and noiseless. He wears soft leather boots, and black leather armor that is formed so that it hinders movement only minimally. The scabbard of his short sword is placed across his back. His hand crossbow is attached to his left thigh and a small case holding the bolts onto his right. Sometimes his lizard familiar is sitting on his shoulder or hiding in the nearby. A small obsidian earring hangs form his right ear: a spider figure on a thin chain. Under his right forearm is a concealed throwing dagger.

Personality:
Personality Trait 1: I rarely speak louder than a whisper.
Personality Trait 2: I enjoy being deadly. I like killing things.
Ideal: Sweet Rhiessa, I'll prove to be worthy of your teachings. I will rise.
Bond: I betrayed my house. As much as I wish their demise, they probably want me dead too. The one thing that saves me is I'm far enough, or am I?

Backstory:
Razzgar had a tough childhood growing up a parentless male child in an Underdark drow house. His minor noble rank didn't help much, the only one to protect him was his elder sister, Rhiessa. Over the years she evolved to be one of the house's strongest magic wielders and she played the game of power skillfully. She did her best to keep her brother out of harm's way while making sure he trusted no one else but her. She managed to arrange that a small group of warriors be formed under her brother's command, the scouts: responsible for exploring new resources, securing important secret shipments, espionage and occasional assassinations. She also taught him some of her magic. But she rose too high too fast and eventually she was wasted by Viera, the matron mother's eldest daughter. Razzgar wanted revenge and in a desperate attempt he joined a few escaping slaves to baffle the Da'Grouth house's upcoming surface raid in what was to be a suicide mission.

He ended up surviving though and leaving the Underdark behind he soon found himself in an army fighting for whatever cause - it meant nothing to him. But he could satisfy his bloodlust, he had food and shelter. He became content with his new place and began rising through the minor ranks. He liked it and he aspired for more power.
Before long he became sergeant of a small elite group, the Spearhead. They were tasked with small hit and run missions, often deep behind enemy lines "to break the enemy's spine" - as he liked to put it. They would pounce at night: stealing horses, burning up tents, poisoning wells, assassinating captains in their sleep...

Now that the tables turned he finds himself in a new situation. He doesn't really care who the enemy is - as long as he can destroy, but amongst his newly found "allies" are more than one that'd gladly slip a dagger through his ribs...

It so happened that most of Razzgar recent backstory is here:

Last edited by Daendil; 05-17-2018 at 08:04 PM. Reason: sheet is ready!
Old 05-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster
Application - WIP
left-aligned image
Name: Oscar "Bluey" von Stiegelmeier
Race: Genasi (Fire)
Class: Wizard (Evoker)

Background: Noble (Disinherited)
Traits:

* No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses.
* If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.

Ideal: I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.
Bond: I am in love with the heir of a family that my family despises.

Flaws:

* I too often hear veiled insults and threats in every word addressed to me, and I'm quick to anger.
* I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.

Personality: Though he may have been disinherited by his father, Bluey thinks he is better than everybody. He is rather fond of his looks, enjoys wearing the best clothing, maintains impressive hygiene, all of which oozes his heir of superiority. He has little patience and can come off crass and overbearing one moment, refined and modest the next. For all his short comings, he has a pleasant personality, speaks quickly and enthusiastically, and likes to changes subjects on the whim. It's just he does not handle criticism well. This normally sets off his temper which leads to all sorts of trouble. For a Wizard, he can take quite a beating. But in the end, a round of drinks always cools tempers and brings a bout of laughter.

Bluey, in many ways, is similar to a soldier. He likes to address things head on. He does not like beating around the bush. The shortest distance is a straight line. Call a spade a spade. That about sums up his attitude and feelings. He feels people spend too much time debating something which in the end always results in what he would have done in the first place, direct action.

On a side note, he is not fond of water even though he keeps himself immaculately clean. A good soaking is worth a purse full of coin. Yet you get him anywhere near a pond, lake or river, and he would rather spend the day walking around it than the 10 minutes wading across or crossing on a boat. He is actually terrified of boats as he cannot swim. Water and him do not go well together. In fact, he despises all creatures which come from the water. To him, they are abominations. They are slimy, icky, disgusting things.

Appearance: Bluey stands roughly 5' 11", weighing in at 170 pounds. His orange and red accented hair seems to stand up on it's own, creating a unique spiked look. He has no facial hair. The rest of his exposed skin has a sunburned looked. The clothing Bluey wears always includes color combinations accented by red. He tries to be as fashionable as possible, keeping up with the latest trends. Currently, he is wearing a short sleeve renaissance-style shirt and a highly decorated skirt that goes to his feet. An intricate belt which can hold a few pouches finishes off his attire.

Backstory: Bluey was born in Castle Skenfrith in the northern edge of the Orinshire Marches near the border of Vallenfall to an aristocratic family known for producing the finest meats in all Orinshire. His mother, an accomplished wizard early in pregnancy with him, was witness to a planar convergence when a surge of elemental energy saturated the area, exposing her to untold amounts of energy. She survived, but Bluey was born early and it was evident what had transpired--the remnants of the elemental energy his mother was exposed too flowed though his veins.

The church saw his birth as an abomination and requested he be turned over so his soul could be cleansed. Against the churches wishes, Bluey was kept secluded from the outside world. His world consisted of the grand books his mother had acquired, and her teachings as an experienced Wizard. Although he had little patience, he was able to quickly learn magical concepts due to having an Eidetic memory, specifically with words. If he read something, he did not forget it.

It was during these early years when the gods of chance sprang their trap which ultimately ended up with him being disinherited. She was a beautiful girl, a couple years younger than him, full of life, bright, intelligent, well learned. Their hearts were intertwined. The problem was their families were age-old hated enemies. They were required to be cordial to each other when in public, but that was the extent of it. Both families forbid their romance. It was when she ended up pregnant that the final straw broke the camels back. Bluey does not know where they sent her. His father immediately disinherited him, put him on a boat (most likely meant as a form of torture, or at least that is what Bluey thought) and sent him down the Belaya River. He was magically bound for 5 days, at which time the spell ended. To this day, no amount of divination has been able to locate the love of his life. He continues to search, but the war started to take a different turn, one which now has entangled him.

As the war dragged on, he was quickly recruited, as all citizens are required, into the ranks of the military to defend Orinshire from the cowardly Vallenfall. Bluey's talent as an Evoker was quickly noticed. Crowd control, shock and awe, single eliminations became his trade marks. His first use of his skills was in the Battle of Maserfield in Vallenfall. It was by shear luck he survived Vallenfall's treacherousness. Vallenfall's commander laid a good trap and outsmarted Orinshire's maneuvers. A rare retreat was called. Bloodied and now experience, he knew what they were up against.

Over the years, he became increasingly more powerful, having survived and endured longer than most other Orinshire Wizards. He attributes it to his blast first, as questions later mentality. It was helpful to be able to stand in a fireball blast, laugh, and send the same torrent of hell to the mage who sent it his way, only to hear his screams of pain. But the war had taken it's toll by this time. Both nations were devastated. The death of two nations by attrition was about complete.

Then it happened. Rumors at first, initially thought false as they came from Vallenfall prisoners, of another invading force taking both countries by surprise. It was not until the inconceivable happened, a truce between Orinshire and Vallenfall to fight the invaders, that everything became evident. And now we must fight alongside the Vallenfall. We have spent so much time hating Vallenfall. How can we ignore our hatreds towards each other and fight together against another foe?

The question was quickly answered when his home, Castle Skenfrith, was sacked and all living creatures were killed, bodies piled up by male, female, children, animals. The bodies of his parents were tortured in what can only be described as a blood eagle. Their bodies were nailed to a rack as a warning to all. He may have hated his parents for what they did, but this went too far. He would obtain his vengeance.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 291
L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=75652

Last edited by L0stTh0ught; 05-20-2018 at 08:17 AM.