How can you get a picture for your character sheet - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Gaming Advice > Player Support
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5332
Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson Eourl Thorson
How can you get a picture for your character sheet

Hi All

I have built my character sheet and wanted to add a picture but did not know how you do that. I found some images on google but they did not seem to work. Is there some other way of doing this.

Thanks
Old Apr 28th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88157
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
The legal way is to find art on the web, perhaps your own, or someone you know, and host it on an image site. Then, simply link the image http of the sheet to the site address.

Wizards of the Coast used to have a bunch of (not very awesome) PC portraits that were free and legal to use... they've redone their website, so it's not there anymore, but they are offering this: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/feat...cter-portraits

Some people illegally link to such things as google images, by simply copying the image link, and hotlinking it to their sheet.
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 06:19 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
ichthysfreak
If we find "amateur" art online through sites such as deviant art, and obtain permission from the artist, could we use that?
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 12:53 PM
Artist & Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4663
roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt
I usually put mine on imgur to avoid hotlinking someone else's site (using their bandwidth without permission). Asking permission first is a good policy in general.

Using someone else's art with permission is allowed as far as I know. I'd suggest sticking a link somewhere to the artists site.

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 09:56 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88157
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthysfreak View Post
If we find "amateur" art online through sites such as deviant art, and obtain permission from the artist, could we use that?
yes