Closed Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Kaziarl
A little help?

It's been a long time since I've had to make a DND character. Anyone want to look over mine?

The original dice roll is here, and I think I got all the race and class modifiers factored in. I'd like to use this character in a solo game so I can get used to this forum.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=73401
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40802
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Your sheet is not shared publicly. In your list of characters, click 'edit' then make it public.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaziarl
Sorry, fixed. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=73401
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40802
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Great, now it's visible. Unfortunately, this seems to be a 3.5 character (it'd be good to mention that in your post), and I have no experience with that system, so I'll need to let someone else give you feedback on the mechanics. There are some 3.5 games on site, so you shouldn't be discouraged, but they're much less common than D&D 5e. Right now, there seem to be an even number of Pathfinder and 3.5e games looking for players, but my impression (as someone who plays neither) is that Pathfinder is more popular overall.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaziarl
Ok, I'll consider that when I get home. We played 2 to 3.5 back in high school and figured I'd start there, but if there isn't much activity.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaziarl
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=73401

Ok, I've redone the character with pathfinder. Though I'm not familiar with it, so there may be mistakes. I used a character creator as well, here's what that spit out in a spoiler.

Last edited by Kaziarl; Dec 27th, 2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88157
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Are you asking for advice on whether your sheet is technically correct?

Or are you seeking advice on feat selection, ability score selection, playability of the PC, etc.?

for instance, you don't seem to have your normal 1st level feat selected (every PC gets a feat at 1st level). You have your monk bonus feat, and you have unarmed strike, but you don't have stunning fist listed.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaziarl
Stunning fist is there. It's the first one listed?

But yes, it's been at least a decade since I've filled out a character sheet and I want to make sure it's correct and playable.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Sorry, that's what I get for going from bad memory, and not relooking at the sheet.

You should have two more feats... your normal 1st level feat that all PC's get, and a monk bonus feat (flurry of blows, stunning fist, unarmed strike are all extra feats that monks get at 1st level in addition to their others).

srdAt 1st level, 2nd level, and every 4 levels thereafter, a monk may select a bonus feat. These feats must be taken from the following list:

Catch Off-Guard, Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Dodge, Improved Grapple, Scorpion Style, and Throw Anything.

srdDetermine how many feats your character receives, based on his class and level, and select them from those presented in Feats.

All characters begin with 1 feat.
If your characters race is human you get 1 additional feat (for a total of 2).
If your characters class is fighter you get another feat (total 3).
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaziarl
Ah, ok, I thought I was meant to pick one as a bonus monk feat, and get a level one feat. I shall correct that.

So I should have 5 total?

Last edited by Kaziarl; Dec 27th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Yes. If you were Human, you would get a sixth.
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaziarl
Ok, I updated the character sheet. And unless there's any other mistakes I've made, I submitted it to the solo game area. Now to wait...
Closed Thread