RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Starfinder > So You Wanna Be A Starfinder > Group Two
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 348
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Salt water?
Old 01-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 603
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
The void zombies are animated by parasites - the tentacle in their mouth is larval state. Apparently a life science check I did earlier in the game said that salt water is anathema to them so we have salt water bottle bomb s!
Old 01-21-2018, 10:51 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight Desknight
Not gonna be back until Friday. NPC Mychk and assume he uses salt to attack any zombies.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:16 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I HAVE RETURNED, and still with salt in hand
Old 01-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Space Goblin Number One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Great. I’ve been backed up on here so your next GM post is incoming, probably tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:07 PM
Space Goblin Number One

Tools
User Statistics
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Actually tucrae and desk and mai can all go before I do.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Space Goblin Number One

Tools
User Statistics
Hi guys.

So I have some bad news. Iíve been doing some soul searching about this game. I know that it hasnít been moving along as smoothly as it should, and Iím pretty sure that the bulk of that responsibility lies with me.

When I first set it up I figured that running two groups through the same adventure would make it easy and keep it fun for all of us. But in reality I donít think my mind is wired that way. It probably would have been better had I gone with completely different storylines for each group.

As it is I am having difficulty summoning up the energy and quality of writing that you guys deserve in a GM. I have other stories that I want to tell that are outside of this world and this game too often gets the very dregs of my attention and imagination. So I think I am going to have to call it and refocus myself on some other games.

I hate to do this to a group of fine players with great characters. I never did give you guys the chance to really live out your characters to their full potential an I apologize for that. Also I just invited a couple of players in and then pull the rug right out from under them. Sorry to you guys too. But I think itís the right choice. For me at least.

So, that being said, where to go from here? We can all just walk away and thatí Ok but I wanted to offer up an alternative. If anyone playing wants to take this game over and run it as GM Iíd be happy to set that up. Just let me know.

I can hand over the maps for the rest of the station or you could take it completely your own way. Let me know if thatís what you want.

Again, Iím sorry. I hope to see all of you around the site in other games.

J.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:06 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
*hugs* It's okay Jeff, at least you know what you prefer to do now in these sorts of situations, and you'll have more times for the games you do enjoy c:

I am willing to continue under a different DM, but I won't pick up the game myself due to my displeasure with Paizo systems.

Honestly I was so happy with the level of posting from everyone else. I'm starting to run a sci-fi game with the FFG system, and I don't mind at all opening another group for anyone that still wants to play with this flavor of game and waiting for you all to get settled in. Of course I'll help with adjusting to the new system and guiding character creation where appropriate.
If anyone is interested you can check out the ad and game.

Hope to see everyone elsewhere on the site from here c:
Old 02-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 603
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Aww, that makes me sad. :c But I understand where you're coming from, Jeff! Don't do anything that stresses ya out. :3 It was certainly fun while it lasted!

I like the offer, Desk, but I don't know if mice gals are applicable over there, hahah.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Well there's bothans and plenty of critter races in the unofficial race guide which I'm allowing. Or heck if you just want one race's stat box but none of the lore or design, I'll allow it too, players are already making the spaceship from Treasure Planet and redesigning various gear to fit their themes. Long as the stats and effects are legal, it's O-K by me just indicate where you got it from.

Funny story with my allowance of re-fluff. Had a player in pathfinder as an ifrit that thought it was weird he could swim. So we allowed him to water walk creating steam with every step, but the activity required so much concentration that the player couldn't manipulate objects with their hands or move too quickly without risking a dip. Led to lots of weird moments but never anything that unbalanced play or otherwise broke rules.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 348
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Well, rats... I understand though. Good luck to you all.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Tucrae
Well, I completely understand. I'm starting to get to that point of overload. I might check out the SW game, but I feel like there's so much lore and knowledge, I'd have to read for a year just to get the basics.