Old 09-16-2018, 06:56 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Aethei
Hello everyone!

Greetings everyone!

New member here, Looking to find some PbP games as a New Job/Move of area has made it difficult to keep up to date with my old friends. We had been playing via discord but as I have a changing schedule it was hard to set up times. I commute to work every day however and spend that time on a train on my laptop, So in theory, Play by post should suit me well as I'll be able to post at least daily at the bare minimum most likely more if the tempo of the game allows it.

Most of my experience is in DnD/Pathfinder however I am eager to learn some new systems!

Thanks for reading and may your dice be nice,
Aethei
Old 09-16-2018, 07:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9446
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You'll have no problem finding Pathfinder and D&D5 game, they are our most popular systems right now. We even have a few people trying out the Pathfinder 2 play test. As you said though, trying new things is important and PbP is the perfect place to try them. Plenty of time between posts to double check rules, plan your actions, and think of witty one liners!

Do you have any experience with PbP? If not, or you're just a little rusty, try a new player solo game! You'll select your system and be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 09-16-2018, 10:36 AM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51923
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
welcome!

PbP is known for flexibility! I think you made the right choice for your train-gaming needs (and probably, it will creep into the rest of your spare time too).

Happy gaming!
Old 09-16-2018, 10:45 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodday Aethei,

Curious about your username I practiced some Google-Fu but there were no answers/explanations for a specific meaning so I wonder, how did you come up with your username?
Your schedule seems to be a perfect match for play by post! Especially if you have a bit of laptop time on a daily basis is very practical, are your friends also joining the Crossing? Joining a game together?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Aethei
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodday Aethei,

Curious about your username I practiced some Google-Fu but there were no answers/explanations for a specific meaning so I wonder, how did you come up with your username?
Your schedule seems to be a perfect match for play by post! Especially if you have a bit of laptop time on a daily basis is very practical, are your friends also joining the Crossing? Joining a game together?
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, the name is a shortened version of Aethelwulf.

As for my friends we will have to see, I'll certainly try to get them involved.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Hwarang Hwarang
Eoseo oseyo! May happiness and treasures be plentiful in your adventures.