twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 30th, 2018, 09:50 PM
He who returns

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9409
Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon
Alright, let me get this down, so i can get a good grasp on if i can or not. DMing Callhill's Journey game and Phandalin game. Test run in CoEA. As a player, 3 games if i take a temporary break from my gladiator at CoEA. So 6 commitments for sure.

But this game is more casual, if you say at least 2 posts a week. And Avner is interested too, which is a huge plus. Adding i've never played with jbear outside of arena, damn i really want to do this.

Someone decide for me!
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Friendly Ratbasterd GM
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22796
jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear
Not that I wouldn't like to have you play in the game, but it sounds like you are already very busy. No one can or should decide for you. It's all good mate, I'm still committed to CoEA's and we'd all like to see you DMing there as well, so I'm sure we'll get to play together more.
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 10:14 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Hey, what races are open? I'm always the person who likes to pick the unique race

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Friendly Ratbasterd GM
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Hey, what races are open? I'm always the person who likes to pick the unique race
Any option found in official published WOTC material is fair game.
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 10:23 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear View Post
Any option found in official published WOTC material is fair game.
Good. Imma have fun with this

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1458
Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos
I am with you Dakkon a jbear game does sound fun. I have missed CoEA but life got so hectic I wasn't able to do my best work. I am intrigued by this mod though.

Are you a Pathfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1558
Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad
Oh my. How necessary is knowledge of the Forgotten Realms?
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Korr Shalpag
Race: Half Orc
Class: Barbarian (Plan to go Ancestreal Guardians for thematic reasons.
Background: Barbarian Tribe Member

Backstory:
Korr Shalapag was a rare orc among orcs, mainly because he was half of a whole. The partnership between his parents had lead to what he refers to as a Half-Orc and a Half-Man. In truth he simply had a fraternal twin brother. He took after their father, a great orc warrior in their tribe, while his brother took after their mother, an elven druidess. Both their people were servants of nature, guardians of a grandfather tree in the High Forrest. The orc tribe was a strange addition to the elven lands and generations before had wandered through the woods on accident. The peace of the place seemed to quell their unquenchable anger and allow them to focus on their connection with nature. It was then that they were able to venture to the grandfather tree and swear themselves to it in return for peace.

One of the High Elf priestesses responsible for the tree fell for Trazamog Shalpag, the leader of the orc tribe. It was a forbidden union, but one tolerated for its authenticity. The children of the union resulted in a mostly human and mostly orc boy. Korr and Torr. The two were raised in the grove by their complimented people, Korr learning the more savage ways of his Orc kina and Torr learning the druidic ways of the Wood Elves. Despite the difference they were inseparable pair, two halfs to a whole. Despite their strong bond however the time came for Korr to make his right of passage.

The orc people were firm believers in nature, but they were still a warrior race and every male had to prove himself in the hunt. They were then expected to use every part of the great creature they brought down for the good of the tribe. Korr resisted at first not wanting to leave his brother, but when Trazamog demanded it he knew he had no choice.

Making his way out of the forest he began his great hunt. While Korr was out on his journey however he did not realize that Torr had followed him. As Korr crept quietly through the planes he had made it too far away from his brother when Torr alerted a group of kolbolds. Before Korr could make it to his brother the creatures tore him apart. Korr met them with a profound rage greater than anything he had ever felt before. In a moment he was covered in the blood of his enemies as he held the body of his dying brother. A part of him seemed to be leaving the mortal plane and Korr refused to let it happen. Picking up his brother and throwing him over his shoulder he raced back toward his home, this time to his mother The High Druidess instead of his father. Using the magic of the Grandfather tree she was able to bring him back, but something wasn't quite right.

Torr was sick beyond anything they'd ever seen. More hunter down all manner of potions and priests and still his brother could not be healed. Once again his brother was slowly dying. This time rotting away before his eyes.

Dead People: Torr - his dead twin brother.

Last edited by Avner; Mar 31st, 2018 at 10:56 AM.
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18641
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Sskath Yiskah
right-aligned image
Name: Sskath Yiskah
Race/class: Arcana Cleric 1 / Divine Soul sorcerer x
Alignment: Neutral

Background: Far Traveler
Traits: I express contempt/affection in ways that are unfamiliar to others. I honor my deities through practices that are foreign to this land.
Ideal: Though I may not know their ways, neither do they know mine. That can be to my advantage.
Bond: My freedom is my most precious possession - I'll never lose it.
Flaw: I have a weakness for new intoxicants and other pleasures of foreign lands.

OOCNote: I have never played this adventure
Posting rate: 2-3 well-crafted posts per week over a long time period is great for me

Any feedback is welcome & appreciated.

Last edited by Berith; Mar 31st, 2018 at 10:57 PM.
Friendly Ratbasterd GM
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Oh my. How necessary is knowledge of the Forgotten Realms?
Not necessary at all.
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 11:49 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
If anyone wants to tie a cleric into my backstory I'd be happy for them to do it.
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1558
Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad
Awesome, definitely going to throw my hat in the ring. Are there vanilla goblins on Chult or just Batiri?
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 12:26 AM
Friendly Ratbasterd GM
Outplay 2018  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
So I should probably clarify for everyone - the adventure will not begin directly on Chult. It will begin on the mainland. No connection to Chult and the curse has yet been made. Establishing this will actually be the first mission.

Characters can coincidently have some connection to Chult however that ties them to wanting to explore the island. Basically I enjoy characters being motivated to do things for a variety of reasons. This lets me play with adventure hooks that can entice characters off the beaten track where most often some of the most fun stuff happens.

Having said that, no character begins the game knowing about this direct connection to Chult. The curse has only recently begun to rear its head and nothing is known about what is going on. So whatever race you choose doesn't need to be limited by what the demographics of Chult.

NB: I prefer that characters do not have direct knowlege of Chult (ie has lived there and knows their way around). It is meant to be a very mysterious, uncharted place.

Last edited by jbear; Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:31 AM.
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 03:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4382
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
kawab
left-aligned image

name: kawab
race: Aarakocra
class:monk
background: acolyte(Akadi)
traits I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.
Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.

ideal Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.

bond I will do anything to protect the temple where I served.

flaw I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple’s hierarchy.

history:Kawab was born to his flock like most before the goddess of the wind caught his wings. He felt a need to travel and move with the wind below his wings since then. He made his way to the temple of akadi where he trained in the ways of the four winds learning to move across the battlefield with the same grace as flight with upwinds and downfalls. he trained until reaching adulthood when he ws told that he needed to leave and follow the winds learning what akadi has to teach and return with lessons to teach new fledglings.

Last edited by delpinator; Mar 31st, 2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 08:10 AM
Dastardly Dolphin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7974
Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh
Oh Jbear! Why do you tempt me so. You knew you'd get interest from us CoEA lot.

Others if you don't realise yet this is going to be a great game. Jbear is incredibly creative and dedicated though I wouldn't put it past them to kill all players within the first adventure...