Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > The Library
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 29th, 2022, 02:36 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6033
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
pg27
(Man they actually wasted a whole day to bring me information I already have....) thought David. "I knew that information when I stopped them from killing Kenny. ", He said matter of factly.

" Yeah but did you know your dead terrorist were part of them?", asked Ova.

" The thought had crossed my mind.", replied David.

"Well I believe they were supposed to set that bomb off as a secondary test to the outbreak. ", said Ova. " Which means Victory Inc wasn't robbed, or set up."

" It also means that we know that bomb is still going to be used.", said David. " Decent work for a pair of detectives without proper equipment. ", He added." You two think you can find that bomb for me?", He asked /challenged.

"They may not have to. ", said Lee as he reentered. " My wife is going to help with that."

"Really how?", asked David.

" She over herd her boss talking with someone. She was going to have me warn you about the hit on Kenny. But it was over before I knew Kenny joined you. But he believes he can talk info out of the rookie. "

"I see, so is Jessica volunteering to send any info she learns our way?", Ova asked.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 2nd, 2023 at 09:24 AM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 09:51 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
page28
" That's it. Except I'll be your source. Never ask her directly. Do not put her in harms way, Got it! "' Lee demanded.

"You have my word.", said David and the group nodded. "Well now we know for sure Kevin Marshall's on someone's payroll, and it's not our side."

Lee handed Kenny two clips for his rifle. And motion them to follow him outside. There behind the cabin was a black, armor plated, assault Hummer. With a mounted chain gun and three sams. "Your new ride.", Lee said. "The door locks and engine start is coded to your fingerprints and dna. You can add others on the computer. It has gps, mobile tracking, and night vision display, for night time driving. No need to let the bad guys see you coming.", Lee explains. "Compliments of someone called the Colonel."

David smiled and got in. " Mount up boys. ", he ordered. Ova took shotgun. And Kenny jumped up to the Gunner seat. "Time to get your fingers pricked boys.", David said as he entered them into the computer security program. On screen a profile display came up on both men as soon as their DNA was taken.

"Dam that thing knows who we are!", said Ova excitedly.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 2nd, 2023 at 12:42 PM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 11:13 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page29
"Think Victory Inc. doesn't yet?", asked David.

"Well one could only hope.", said Ova realizing David was right. As A.T.T.A.C.K. proved already.

" All right guys. I've got a meeting to go to. So clock out time. ", said David. " Lee we need our computers up and running tomorrow.", David hollered out the window of the Hummer as he drove away.

A short drive later. "Hey sis! Any luck?"

"It's my first day! I barely know what the project is. But Stokely ordered me to rush a vaccine. He scheduled another test in 2 days.", Christy said. " I told you he was insane. Also Victory Inc. has your info now. It won't be long before they suspect me of helping you."

"Okay look, Dave's been hired to help build our secret hq. So past your info to him, I won't be able to visit you anymore until this is over.", David says giving his sister a hug goodbye. "Be careful, I don't want to be killing undead and see sister zombie walking around.", he laughed.

"You be careful A.T.T.A.C.K has a hit order on your whole team already." she responds as she leaves for home.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 2nd, 2023 at 12:43 PM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 11:43 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg30
As he drives away. (Sister zombie, good one David, she's already tried to walk away once. No need to give her more reasons.) He thinks. (2 Days I've got to find that bomb.) His thoughts wonder as he drives. David drives all night, checking abandoned buildings all around the city.

He hasn't got a place to stay. So he's just been camping out in a different spot each night. As a super soldier he rarely needs sleep so he just keeps busy.

Around noon the next day David returns to the cabin. Lee was waiting. "Hey man, been waiting.", he stated the obvious. "Got the main cabin done. They are still working on the firing range."

"Well let's see it.", David said. "Have you seen Ova or Kenny yet?", he asked.

"Inside.", Lee said. The walls were plain, & bare, but Lee had a refrigerator brought in, and a microwave. And the weapons Locker had a handprint scanner to open it. Five desks with computers on them in the main room. Only two were occupied. David's office was finished as well. "I put up the knife board for you.", Lee said.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 2nd, 2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 12:14 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg31
Lee must have remembered David and John throwing at trees for practice back in SOF. "Anything else?", Lee asked.

"Yeah I need a map of the area on that wall there.", David said nodding toward the wall by the door. "And what's with the closet? ", David said noticing the unneeded 3X3 coat closet in the back of the office.

"Locked down for now.", Lee said. Hinting at the secret underground hq.

"I see. Well we have a fridge how about splurging for a whole kitchen? ", said David jokingly.

"Tour over yet boss? ", said Kenny as he and Ova entered. "We have a report to make. ", said the rookie.

"Well what is it? I'm hungry.", said David.

" The computers are up and running and connected to one another. ", Ova said.

"And?",said David

"We have info on the three terrorists you took out. Our reports are on file. Also we wanted to welcome you to C.A.T.S. hq.", said Ova.

" I see, okay boys. How about getting me a pizza! Lunch break.", David said as they left.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 2nd, 2023 at 12:40 PM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 01:05 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg32
"Join us for a pizza in a few, Lee? ", David said as the others were getting into the Hummer.

"Sure I guess.", said Lee.

"Happy thoughts Lt. We are about to celebrate.", David said.

"David you know I can't help this time. I have to see to my family.", said Lee with his head down.

"I know Lee, but you are helping. And that's why I haven't asked you to fight yet. Besides I need you to see to it the bunkers are built. We may be needing them soon.", David said reassuring his friend. Showing no judgment for his decisions.

Shortly Ova & Kenny returned with pizza. Followed by mayor Morrison. "Heard of rumor.", he said. "That there was a rouge cop unit hiding out in the woods.", he laughed. Then Lee's workers came in and joined the fun.

Four pizzas disappeared quickly. As did the soda in the fridge. But for a moment everyone, had forgotten about the virus, the pain, and the mission. Except for David who never forgets the mission. Lee was the only one who noticed. So after the short Pizza Fest he went to the bunker to oversee the work.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 2nd, 2023 at 01:31 PM.
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 01:36 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg33
Later after the others left. "According to this file. The three men I took out were fired, and broke in, in order to extort their former bosses.", David briefed his two men and the mayor. "This means Victory Inc is covering their tracks well. It also means the whole thing was a setup. And that Whinch city is still, just expendable test subjects.", he continued.

"We know that Kevin Marshall is involved, but we have an inside source on that matter. Also I have a informant in Victory Inc. This person may even be able to supply us with a vaccine. We don't know how much or how long the vaccine will last. ", said David.

"So giving the whole town some would be out of the ?", stated and asked mayor Morrison.

"If we did we would have to convince Victory Inc to do it. So as to keep our inside agents from being discovered.", said David. "But I doubt it would happen."

"Excuse me Captain.", Lee said as he rushed into the room. "I need to see you now!", he said as he headed outside.

Outside, "What is it Lt.?", David asked if he followed.

"Tackett says he needs to see you.", he said as a headed for the outside entrance to the secret bunker.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 2nd, 2023 at 01:37 PM.
Old Nov 7th, 2023, 08:18 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg34
"We have a new problem. ", Dave said. "Christy called, Linda says her husband is now missing as well as her already missing daughter. She asked Christy to find you. So you could come back and find them quickly. Christy wants to tell her you're already back. ", Dave explained.

"No. Just tell her I have a military unit in route to investigate.", David said. "We don't need civilians knowing whats going on. We're a covert op. Civilians may panic, or go vigilante and assualt Victory Inc. on their own. Which could release any or all of the chemicals and viruses the company works with."

"You got it.", Dave said as he walked away to call Christy. A minute later he returned. "This just keeps getting better. Christy's boss just told her and Linda that A.T.T.A.C.K. would help find her missing family. Christy agreed so as not to seem suspicious."

"My men and I are on it.", David said and disappeared. "Gear up!"he ordered as reentered the cabin.

"What's up?", Ova asked.

" Full tatical gear.", David ordered. "BigO this is a covert action that may turn into a full battle with A.T.T.A.C.K. "

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 7th, 2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2023, 09:13 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg35
Elsewhere "Unit 1 locate test subject Bently. Contain if possible.", came the orders over the A.T.T.A.C.K. radio. "After which lead any C.A.T.S. agents to the subject . ", came the orders. They followed the orders. But the problem wasn't locating Bently. He was with test subject Flynn as planned. Something was wrong there. Her apartment complex was all screams of pain and horror.

" Base we need a containment unit quick!", radioed the unit commander, as a body came flying out of a third story window. "Subject has already changed. "

"Which one?", asked the voice giving orders.

"Unknown.", said the unit leader.

"Then find out!", yelled the voice on the radio. " The police have been notified of a domestic disturbance. Cheif Marshal will see to containment. "

"Do we really have to go in there?", said one of the A.T.T.A.C.K. agents shakily.

"Quit bellyaching and move. Floor by floor sweep.", ordered the unit leader.

On the third floor. Civilians were running, dying, and some were already zombies. Natasha Hall, a local teen, who was in the building to buy drugs off Tonya Flynn. Was hiding in the stairwell. (She had come to get some of Tonya's stash, but caught her and Bently in bed. And was forced to wait.)

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 7th, 2023 at 09:19 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2023, 11:01 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg36
(A few minutes later she herd a awful scream. Rushed into the apartment, to see Tonya change into a strange creature. And rip Bently's chest wide open. She ran and hid. That was 15 min ago). The A.T.T.A.C.K. unit passed right by her. They left her there. Their mistake.

As they entered the third floor hall the first one through the door was decapitated by a tentacles. Another was ripped onto pieces by claws. The creature moved to fast for any of the team to see. They all died screaming. None if them ever saw what killed them. If they had stopped and asked Natasha, they might have known what was there.

Outside the dead guy started to move. A black Hummer crushed its head as it pulled up. "Thats one way to save ammo!", said Kenny. Then a large chunk of wall fell off the building, and shattered a few feet away. In the hole was a thirteen foot tall monster with 3 tentacles for the left arm. And fingers rapidly changing to Claws on the right arm with spikes coming out the back of it. More spikes sprouted all over it from rapidly changing muscles. Bently's mutating face barely recognizable.

"Light it up!", was all Kenny herd from BigO as he popped the Hummer in reverse. And Kenny shot the creature. As the chain gun tore into it the creature gave chase.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 7th, 2023 at 11:03 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2023, 10:42 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg37
"What are we doing?", Kenny asked.

"We're leading that thing away from civilians. Outside of town use a SAM on it.", BigO ordered. As Kenny wondered when he switched to the driver's seat. And if Ova was driving, where was David?

"Its OK Now I'm Here!", said a voice in the dark above Natasha. She turned to see a muscled man. Dressed in tactical gear, with long hair, and she swore eyes that flashed a red glow. Standing over her. He moved to the door.

"Dont leave me!", she cried.

"Your scared, but after tonight never again.", he said. And went through the door. Which slammed open so hard that the other side's handle went through the wall and stuck there. It never closed. She watched in horror as people changed, and the dead started walking again.

Then he killed them one after another. He was so fast not even the creatures could touch him. At first he used hand guns. But Natasha noticed he only used them to shoot the undead in the head. Those who changed into creatures he had another plan for. Suddenly he wasn't holding his guns, instead a sword appeared as if from thin air in his hands. As he began cutting creatures apart. She watched as the few other survivors ran past to escape the building.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 7th, 2023 at 11:45 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2023, 04:17 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg38
Two minutes, seven zombies, and six creatures all dead. That's all it took. The zombies were down in the first few seconds, as if they had never been. The creatures took a bit longer. But Natasha swore he was just playing with them. It looked as if he was having fun.

He began to search for something. Then one of those guys who entered before him began to move one arm gone, a large tear in his chest, but up he was and moving. Then the other one that still had enough body left to move got up too. That one was coming towards her.

The supersoldier had went into another room and couldn't see them. She was on her own she knew. The lower half of one of the others was laying a few feet away. It's sidearm still in the holster on its belt.

Natasha jumped over a clumsy attack, landing in a forward somersault pulling the gun as she went. As she came up her back slamming the wall. She fired and fired and fired at the zombie. The zombie's head exploded. Then from the opposite direction she herd a thump. Then she remembered the other zombie and realized she was dead.

But nothing happened. She turned, the zombie sat crumpled against a wall. It's head crushed into that wall.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 14th, 2023 at 04:20 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2023, 05:11 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg39
"See, I told you. After tonight you won't be afraid anymore. ", said the man as he nodded toward the zombie she killed.

Natasha stood there staring at her savior, this close he almost looked normal. But the tone of his muscles, and the look in his brown eyes, said he was anything but.

"Who are you? What are you doing here? What are you looking for?", she asked in a stammering flurry.

"I was looking for Bentley. It was rumored he was in the building.", he said as he escorted the shocked teenager down stairs. "As for who I am, I'm the guy sent by the army to kill those things.", he said.

"That apartment you went in. The one the Creature came out of. Is where Bentley was. It killed him ", Natasha cried.

"Evidently, not enough.", said the dark man, who turned as she stopped frozen. "He was gone when I looked.", he explained.

My name is Natasha Hall." , she said suddenly.

David turned and started walking again. "How old are you Natasha?", he asked.

"Fifthteen, why?", she answered and asked.

"The way you shoot, if you were old enough, I'd have asked you to join my team. Three head shots with your eyes closed, an uncommon feat.", he smiled.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 14th, 2023 at 05:15 PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2023, 11:53 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg40
"Now go home. And stay out of trouble.", he told her, as they exited the building. As she walked away her head down. "You can call me David.", he said as he watched her walk away to safety. She turned and smiled, then started to run off. When a cop stopped her.

"Let her go!", David ordered.

"Sir.", the officer nodded and moved on.

"What happened here?", asked another cop.

"A drug battle.", said cheif Marshall as he walked up. " At least thats what the security camera shows. One drug crazed lunatic killing another. And so on, until a security team arrived, tried to intervene and blew a section out of the wall. Luckily 'Super man' here showed up. And stopped it from
spilling out into the streets."
, The cover up was in full swing, the two men locked glears. Then David wet to leave.

"Clean up the mess, will you boys?", he said as he disappeared. He had to find his team.

About two miles from C.A.T.S. hq.

"Now Kenny!", yelled Ova. As Kenny locked the S.A.M.s launcher onto the creature. 'SHABOOM!' The creature disappeared in a ball of flame. Ova turned around, and pulled up by the crater.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 15th, 2023 at 12:01 AM.
Old Nov 15th, 2023, 12:52 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
pg41
"It's still moving!", Kenny yelled, as he fired the chain gun into the crater. BigO opened the door to get out. Pulled his .45 cal. revolver and fired it at the spiked mass that looked like a head. Still parts of the creature moved. So he popped the pin on a grenade, counted to three, then dropped it into the bloody mess. Then jumped back into the hummer and pulled the door shut. As Kenny ducked behind the chain gun's armor plating.

KABOOM! CLUNK, KLUSH, SPLUSH, SPLATT! Is all they herd as shrapnel and pieces of creature hit the side of the hummer. Kenny looked again and the creature was a bloody, guey, mass, in the crater. "David is going to be upset you scratched the paint job on his new toy.", Kenny said to Ova.

"Ohh shut up!", Ova yelled back.

As Ova started the hummer, David came running towards them. Kenny was amazed at his speed.

"BigO, Kenny! You guys alright!?!", he yelled as he approached the crater.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Nov 15th, 2023 at 12:53 AM.