Notices

Closed Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10471
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Had any other spell been used, there would have been blood. And if it isn't released there will be blood. This could be the shortest adventure ever!
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by OodSigma View Post
I'm sad I was not here when all this posting happened. There would have totally been (an) initiative roll(s) had I been here
Where I come from, you get initiative when the DM says you get initiative.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Wow and he is the face of the party? It almost seems like he is trying to provoke everyone. The references to posturing, and talking down to everyone despite one setting himself against one of his own to do it...not to mention the clarity with which things have been spoken, the need for understanding.

Welp, here's hoping things don't get damaged beyond repair.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:05 PM
Robo-Dragon of Yore

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1355
Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio
Gods, its like hearding cats sometimes

Im gone for one day, and already the party wants to kill eachother.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
He started it!

Edit:Well technically the Princess started it but after that....He started it!!!

Last edited by Scimmy; Mar 31st, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Did not, your side did.

She attacked us, first.

We stood there.

Then, your side started threatening us again.. pointing arrows at us, and threatening to shoot. We haven't even drawn a weapon.

All we have done is walk in, be threatened, assaulted, and tried to calmly leave. It's all on you, when you start pointing bows and drawing swords, etc..
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Robo-Dragon of Yore

Tools
User Statistics
Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post

Edit:Well technically the Princess started it but after that...
Yes, she did, and now shes trying to end it.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Technically you were merely threatened. And that was ended quickly. Until you started calling names, none threatened you, it was all directed at the one that bespelled the princess. In fact, your safety was guaranteed. The most unreasonable one in this situation is the priest, followed by Tobias. With the spell lifted, we could have all figured this out. Tobias throwing insults has only added fuel to the fire. It would be plausible that you were trying to calmly leave if you weren't insulting as you did it.

And while the princess is trying to end it, the issue becomes if it is obvious she is still under the effects of the spell. If she is, the my magic blind PC will still view it as coercion, and thus things will continue to escalate. do I need to roll for it?
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:35 PM
Robo-Dragon of Yore

Tools
User Statistics
If by "roll for it" you mean a Sense Motive check to see if it is the spell that is influincing her, then yes.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 01:41 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Wow...the die roller hates me today.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 06:48 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
OodSigma OodSigma
And now we fight in OOC
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 07:08 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
Technically you were merely threatened. And that was ended quickly. Until you started calling names, none threatened you, it was all directed at the one that bespelled the princess. In fact, your safety was guaranteed. The most unreasonable one in this situation is the priest, followed by Tobias. With the spell lifted, we could have all figured this out. Tobias throwing insults has only added fuel to the fire. It would be plausible that you were trying to calmly leave if you weren't insulting as you did it.

And while the princess is trying to end it, the issue becomes if it is obvious she is still under the effects of the spell. If she is, the my magic blind PC will still view it as coercion, and thus things will continue to escalate. do I need to roll for it?
We can quibble about your definition of "merely threatened", but when, in DnD, a person draws sword, runs across the room, and nearly splits my head open with the opened, swinging blade, I would say that's more than "threatened"... that is assault with a deadly weapon.

from the game postAs the woman arises, she draws her sword, heading straight for the three at the door with lightning speed... a rose hued hand clutching her shoulder just seconds before her sword comes down on Tobias' head.

After that, Tobias makes no insults.. he explains that they aren't slavers, in fact, trying to calm people down too.

Then, "Your side" starts issuing commands/threats, and pointing weapons again.

from the game postBy now Eumenes has an arrow knocked, not yet targeted at anyone. "No one speaks until the spell on Her has been broken. My apologizes priest but you have put Her in a state where She cannot control herself fully and I will not allow any discussion while Her mind is enchanted." As he watches everyone in the room. Any of the newcomers who lay their eye on Her can find his weapon aimed at them.

So, since it's unlikely that anyone can't NOT look at the object causing all this drama, I assume that Eumenes has distinctly pointed a KNOCKED ARROW at Tobias, and ORDERED HIM to not talk, speak, presumably, upon pain of being shot with said arrow.

At this point, Tobias has walked into a room of a church/holy place, at the invitation of the owners, nearly had his skull split open, observed some kind of argument among the people in the room that was almost breaking into civil war, and then ordered to cease speaking or be shot should he even dare glance at someone.

So yeah, he kinda said "up yours", and made the dastardly action of moving to leave. Not engaging, not drawing a weapon, he turned, slowly, and walked away.

Whereupon, yet another of the people in the room steps up to him, assaults him (sorry, but simply touching someone and restraining them is close to an assault, and when it's part of a threat, it definitely is), and starts giving more commands, orders and more threats. Basically, "you aren't leaving, and if you try, I will kill you." There's not much wiggle room in "strike you down where you stand."

from the game postHe take two quick steps and places a hand, gently but firmly, on his shoulder. "You will not leave until all is resolved else I will deem an admission of guilt and will strike you down where you stand. I seek to preserve your life and act in a civilized way, your flippancy is not becoming. We are all under many stresses, and I will not apologize for my Captain's actions. But with the time granted, I will exact explanations....or punishment." The threat in his last word is clear.

So, is Tobias insulting? sure. But, sorry Scimmy, your summary of events isn't quite on target. He was attacked, commanded, and threatened long before the insults started. And, long after.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Both sides for sure have merit in this and we could debate it indefinitely. I had a whole post written up to counter yours but let's jut call a truce. I have no beef with you and don't want to get my involvement in his game off to a bad start.

Here's hoping we can get past this and make it work!
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 07:52 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Get past what, brother-gamer? It's just a game.
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 08:00 PM
Robo-Dragon of Yore

Tools
User Statistics
Whew...thought I was going to have to get out my executive boomstick there...

This is just a game folks, lets try to remember this. We are here to have fun.