Game Thread Chapter Five: Everything Changes - Page 12 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > Seis'kerta > Trials of the Young King
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Morgan's question and Nevh's quick response brings more than a few smiles and chuckles to break the tension a little. Even Alyyryk gets in on it. "I've had better." He tries to crack down on a slight smile.

Yeste raises an eyebrow, looking at the three of them. "Is this some sort of Freeborn ritual?"

"No." Mirik smiles. "Just a way to ease the tension while we wait f-"

Coiya appears from the shadows again, although this time he maintains the Shroud of shadows that completely covered him from head to toe except for his eyes. Once formed he looks around the room. "Anything?"

"The ground shook." Cipher answers. "Though only for a moment or so. Otherwise? Nothing."

It's difficult to say with the Shroud giving him a flat appearance, but Coiya looks disappointed by Ciphers response. "I'm not sure why that would happen unless..." He turns to Morgan. "...you've been in my mother's 'prison', right? Were there spiders as dark as shadows there?"

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
She hadn't intended to be funny so the general reaction unnerved her slightly. It had felt more like an opportunity to complain without branding herself a whiner too hard.

When Coiya gave her the impression of being disappointed by the results, the rumble began to worry her. She held her breath as she waited for confirmation.
It didn't sound like something good anymore.

Last edited by Blue; Jul 24th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old Jul 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,175
When Coiya returns Morgan all but shoots to his feet. ”Only once. The only creatures I remember seeing were massive web golems.” Getting there was a little inconvenient for casual visitation, and Morgan had assumed she'd rather spend time just about anywhere else after six decades of isolation in the last little bit. ”Much as I'd like to go charging off to rescue the princess so to speak, it may just be that Zil wants a little privacy at the moment. Perhaps I should try a less intrusive method to begin with.”

From the breast pocket of his vest Morgan produces Zilira's holy symbol. He regards it solemnly for a moment, seeking inspiration in the lines of it's not-metal surface. What to say? Clasping the symbol to his breast Morgan closes his eyes, seeking that familiar place in the back of his mind where he spoke with her.

”Minlolth Zilira. Zil Darling. My love. Your family and friends seek tidings.”

Funny. The first time he'd used the L word with her. He could freely and easily say he loved Rhys and Isabella and the rest of his makeshift family, Airis, even humanity as a whole. But when it came to women, to romantic love, it was something he agonized over, fraught with hesitation and uncertainty. It felt as if should he say it it were a cliff, a stepping point where he could not turn back from. Morgan wonders for a moment if this hesitation has at times cost him a potential happy future with this or that woman. Might have beens. Well, if so then Morgan tells himself that he can be satisfied that it had led him here, to this point. Even if he did nothing more of note in his life Morgan knows he can be satisfied he'd, hopefully, righted a horrible wrong that had been ongoing for hundreds of years.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old Jul 26th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Vulcar nods at Coiya's question. "I've seen the spiders you talked about."

"Any idea how many?"

Vulcar shakes his head. "Thousands if I had to guess. She uses them to spy so I've never seen them all together. Why do you ask?"

"Because they're not just scrying foci. They're a physical manifestation of her bound power. A part of her effectively. If there's as many as you said there are then they'll be swarming towards her about now, which would account for the palace shaking. Those things might look small and defenceless but they're actually very strong."

Vulcar frowns. "Are they dangerous?"

"Not unless you attack them or my mother commands them to attack you. They avoid conflict otherwise."

Morgan doesn't get a response to his mental communication and everyone has to wait for a little under half a minute before they get an answer in the form of the shadows under Morgan's chair stretching out and forming into a female figure with grey eyes looming over the mage. Just as quickly as she appeared the shadows withdrew, leaving the familiar form of the Drow Demi-Goddess standing before them with a predatory look on her face. "You clever boy." Without giving him a chance to respond properly she grabs a hold of Morgan's face and kisses him deeply, much to the obvious discomfort of both Vulcar and Coiya.

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; Jul 26th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:11 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,175
It worked. She'd just disobeyed her final order.
"So the tidings are g-" And then her lips are on his. His arms wrap around Zilira, holding her tight as relief floods through him. It's hard to kiss someone properly with such a big smile on your face, but Morgan gives it his best shot. When she finally releases his lips Morgan holds her for a moment more, resting his forehead against hers and enjoying the warmth and strength and moment of closeness.
”We will continue this discussion later, for now though we seem to be embarrassing your kids in front of their peers.” One arm still around her he gestures at her recently vacated chair. ”Do you care to join us?” Now she'd take requests, not orders. Now everything she did was by her choice, her decision.

Morgan snaps his fingers, remembering something.
”Almost forgot. I had a little present I wanted to give you.”
That was the thing about bags of holding and handy haversacks, you could loose stuff in them, or just plain forget about something you put in there. From his satchel Morgan produces something that's a shovel in much the same way a Rinnish Thoroughbred is a horse. Sturdy walnut handle shining with a dark stain. The end is carved into a cat's head that looks very much like Mortimer, right down to the notched ears and peevish expression. A polished oval of cloudy white moonstone is embedded in the cat's forehead. The blade of the shovel is alchemically plated in silver, polished to a shining sheen.
”Nothing but the best for our next date darling.”
The exact meaning of giving someone a shovel as a gift would no doubt be lost on the rest, but Zilira would know what it commemorated, and that's what mattered.
”I have something else to give you, but umm.” Morgan's cheeks redden slightly. ”It's not something that one would give to commemorate freedom so to speak.” Or hand out in public, even by someone as open minded as Morgan.
There was a third gift. It wasn't made yet, existing only in his imagination. Five interlocked bands of metal, one of mithril would hold two jewels, one larger than the other. Star saphires perhaps. The other four, bands of dark adamantine, would have to be kinked in a very specific pattern. When put together in the right order and interlocking just so they would form a ring in the shape of a spider. A puzzle ring. Of course that was going to be expensive and time consuming to make since he intended to make it with his own two hands rather than having it commissioned or using a Fabricate spell. That he would only make if and when the time came to conclude a discussion they'd once had.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 2nd, 2013 at 09:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Nevh was glad that potential problem seemed to be done with. It also meant that at least one potential loose end had been taken care of.
It was uncertain if that changed things as far as Zera's plans of conquest were concerned but things were looking up, if anything.
She drummed her fingers on the table, casting a glance at everyone present. The scene was touching but they had much more pressing things to cover, especially considering how many people were in quite a hurry to go back into the fray.

"Moving on?"
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
When offered a seat Zilira smirks before twisting around and plopping herself on Morgan's lap, sitting with her back to his front. Morgan and Nevh got the distinct impression that she was likely doing it because she could more than anything, although given her provocative personality the disapproving looks of more than a few of the representatives would have been icing on the cake.

Her smirk becomes a broad smile at Morgan's presents, current and future. "Ah, you sure know how to treat a woman don't you? I'll look forward to it." She looks towards Nevh, nodding her head slightly. "I'm fine if you are Ambassador. What did you have in mind?"

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
She liked to be control, but being given the reigns to steer that meeting back on tracks seemed midway between a chore and a punishment. Having to get back to the matter of the daggers was stressing. She took a breath before speaking and felt like she had just been opened up and stitched back together, with the scalpel forgotten in her guts.
"...Well, ...there is the matter of why Soshanna came to us. Welcome, by the way. Perhaps she and Alnei joined us for a reason, yes? Then getting to a confirmation of how the two daggers would be handled. Maybe getting the semblance of a plan of mobilization and organization to communicate to our respective nations alongside all that we have learned would be a good idea as well, to minimize time losses."

Last edited by Blue; Jul 29th, 2013 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,175
The camp chair creaks under the weight of the two. Morgan himself makes no comment about the goddess climbing into his lap, just wraps one arm around her waist and looks over one shoulder to keep an eye on the proceedings. Nevhs comments are appreciated. It was politically important that freeing Zilira's be a public thing, a bit of a spectacle. It showed that Vulcar the second was divesting himself from the Conquering Empire image Halva had had. Showing that he was different than his predecessors and interested in right and wrong, even when it wasn't necessarily in his best interest to take the high road. Better yet nobody could claim this was an empty gesture. He needed that sort of approval if he's going to fully bring everyone aboard.
Now though it was time to get back to the business of countering Zera.

”I should also probably also have a look at Aldamil's dagger so we know who or what is inside it.” If there was even anything inside, there was no guarantee. But Morgan's instincts told him it would be Xerax. ”I'm not much of a military man. Is there anything that can be done to counter Zera beyond preparing major locations for a mass troll assault?” He asks of Nevh and the assemblage at large.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 2nd, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Shosanna seems somewhat surprised at being addressed though she is quick to reply. "Secrets and lies. The Covenant failed and in truth we've not really had to do much for a long time so it seemed like a good time for something different." She glances towards Vulcar. "At the very least, now is not a time for secrets and lies that could further drive a wedge between nations and I expect you'd consider nine first generation vampires to be wedge-worthy."

"'First generation'?" Aldamil asks.

"We were sired directly by the First Vampire-" She gestures to Seneca. "-and as such we lack most of the traditional weaknesses of lesser vampires, the most important of which is sunlight."

"And do you follow the Caveat?"

Shosanna frowns slightly at that question. "We don't need to be threatened by Lalian or Salornans to behave with decency. The bloodlust has long gone from us. You could say we follow its tenants, but not because of the Caveat itself but because we have no wish to kill people in order to survive, especially when there are much better solutions available."

"As for me-" Alnei starts with a grin. "-I came because I am the Pharean Ambassador and Zera has warped the mind of my eldest son."

On the matter of the daggers most of the representatives are reluctant to say anything definitive since it was such a serious issue and they would need to discuss the matter internally before hashing out an international agreement. Just about the only thing they agreed on was wanting someone neutral to hold onto them. "What about Mirik Orn?" Theofan asked.

"The Blue Woman killed Scion, the oldest and most powerful living dragon." Zilira added. "Now correct me if I'm wrong-" She glances at Mirik. "-but would you say that he was the stronger and better protected out of the two of you?" Mirik nods. "It's not enough to keep it neutral." She glances at the various representatives. "Whoever has the daggers has to be able to keep it safe from Zera and the Blue Woman and I can only think of two candidates in this room that might be capable of doing so, and you won't like either of them." She gestures to the still-Shrouded Coiya and to Nehrahk, who was looking increasingly impatient and likely to leave. "Zera's claws, as far as we know, are only in Aheka, and they both reside outside of it. On top of that I very much doubt he has eyes among the Children or Nehrahk's Converts. Also, my son is a powerful and resourceful Deity while Nehrahk is a...whatever the hell these 'Hybrids' are. And finally, they are both neutral in regards to Ahekan politics."

More than a few regard Coiya somewhat dubiously at that remark, most likely due to his obvious connection to Halva.

On the matter of Zera's trolls Esiard sighs. "Unfortunately, no. Not without knowing more about what he is capable of and what his plans are. The real danger is if or when he starts using humans to fight as it's pretty easy to tell which side a Troll is going to be on at the moment."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Nevh sniffed, feeling more comfortable with that kind of subject.
She had never been a leading figure in her duties in the surveillance of the Quallish coast or amongst the Storm Sentinels in general but she had learned from those who were and cold logic could do the rest. It *was* barely more than a glorified guard duty but all the annexed assignments gave some kind of military pattern she could fall back on.
"Actual tactics would be best left in the care of each nation's own military geniuses. They earned their rank and title for a reason."
She looked a Zephyra, at least to assure her of her own authority in the matter.
"Though there are a few things worth considering in the establishment of good strategies. Some here have experience on how to deal with him so any council they can spare is to be valued. I observed that Zera seems to be a fan of creating a diversion before striking hard, which would make sense considering his resources, so keeping our eyes on the main objectives should be a priority - even if it means letting a few fingers be cut to save the hand. Figuring out what those major locations a key people are should be a good idea as well. Time is no longer on Zera's side so I doubt he would go for siege tactics, probably going straight for the head of the kingdom. That aside, this is an army of trolls so fire and acid should be favoured in everyone's arsenal... assuming the blue lady didn't alter them considering their strike against the Dragonblazes."

Her eyes rested on Alnei, thinking.
"Though sometimes a few innovations can help bridge the gaps."
Preparing oil and other flammable substances could help but it would be a shame to set the city on fire.
"Attempts of diversion aside, only Halva is in immediate danger, but the rest will follow. This foul enemy must be stricken out before it spreads and gets more holds to anchor his power. I for one do not desire another Vulcar I."
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old Jul 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,175
Morgan spends a moment mulling it over in his head.
”Shade. Sanctuary can open a portal to almost anywhere in Ahkea, correct? But is that only on the prime material, or does that include the outer and co-terminus planes? Pocket planes?”
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 2nd, 2013 at 09:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 03:49 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
"Sanctuary can only open a portal into Aheka itself. It can't get into pocket planes or even the co-terminus planes like the Plane of Shadows, let alone a pocket plane inside the Plane of Shadows." Shade glances at Zilira. "So from that perspective Zilira is right, as Zera won't be able to use Sanctuary to move around there, let alone use it to bypass wardings as he can do here."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old Jul 31st, 2013, 02:37 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,175
”My original idea was to see if we could hand the daggers over to the Seven Saviors until such time as a collective agreement could be made on how they may be used.” Or resealed or even destroyed should that be conceivably possible. ”An enemy, Zera or one of the fiendish powers, would have to figure out which of the seven realms the daggers are located in, get to the plane in question, penetrate the defences of a godly realm with either great force or great stealth, acquire the daggers, and escape evading capture.” Morgan ticks off the points on his fingers.

The problem, at this point, with leaving them with Coiya or Nehrahk is the elder demon while Khehkanon is the hybrid if I'm not mistaken, Mr. Complains of NamesKhehkanon was a matter of trust. The majority present would likely trust a promise from the Seven Saviors not to use the daggers until an agreement could be reached. Morgan himself wouldn't much like the idea of handing it over to the hybrid, Khehkanon was still too much of an unknown quantity for him. He hadn't known Coiya much longer, but at least Coiya was demonstrably putting the good of others above his own interests.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Aug 2nd, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 05:53 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
That idea seems to sit well with most of the representatives, especially when Tiaan makes an additional offer. "I could also make copies of the dagger so that even if the Fiends were able to find out which has a dagger they'd have no way of telling which two are real since no magic I know can penetrate the daggers or even determine their nature."

Mirik nods. "That sounds like a good idea, assuming that King Vulcar and Princess Aldamil would be willing to pass on their daggers into the care of the Seven Saviours?"

Both Vulcar and Aldamil seem unsure, though it is Zilira who speaks up. "We still haven't decided on how to decide who uses the daggers." She glances around the room. "There's only two daggers but seventeen nations and likely twice as many major groups and organisations that would want to influence such a choice, not to mention the countless people of Aheka in general. Where do we draw the line? Do we hold a vote? How can you expect Vulcar and Aldamil to give up control when we haven't decided on this?"

"Otherwise-" Vulcar seems keen to add afterwards. "-I do agree that giving the Seven Saviours the daggers would be the best idea."

Aldamil nods. "I agree."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB