RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 16th, 2022, 07:39 AM
Fire Emblem Connoisseur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6497
ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero
@Mitsubachi Absolutely what I was thinking! Could be pretty lethal actually. Not an expert on the rules but I think it's an affliction attack at that point, suffocation and immobilized or something.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 08:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2456
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palliven View Post
Sorry took me longer to get back to you than I had planned. Seems you may have moved away from this but if still considering the density increase angle, that can be achieved with Density Increase that increases mass only, not size. It removes the following from Growth: active defenses (dodge and parry), intimidation checks and size rank. Only Strength, Stamina and mass ranks increase. Speed Rank actually decreases -1 to speed per 4 ranks.

Density Increase: Growth, Does Not Change Size (+0 modifier) • 2 points per rank

Since not growing, don't see need for flight to counteract this as you move about but maybe I am missing what your intend with that question.

Can add Immovable to this if like to give it that feel like too denser to be moved against will:
Immovable: Immunity 10 (Being Moved), Limited to While Touching the Ground • 5 points
I was using the Density Increase option, but it did not cross my mind to do the Immunity (Immoveable while touching the ground). My thinking was that with him weighing 3 tons, that basically, unless you or your attack, had a 7 strength or more, you would not be able to move him. And that he doesn't look like he weighs that much so it would most likely be a surprise for someone who first encounters him. That way someone who is strong enough, could send him flying with an attack or knock him back. If I am correct, if I use Immoveable then no matter how strong the person is, they could not budge him.

Last edited by Draidden; Sep 16th, 2022 at 08:02 AM.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 12:38 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30029
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubachi View Post
@GleefulNihilism, I just realised... if you take just one rank of flight/hover to work while in puddle form you can totally prank Mermaid like this...

I mean, I get it - but that seems to get a bit beyond "prank" territory. :P
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 01:30 PM
Don't Mind Me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4880
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
Well, the fact that she can breathe underwater makes it a little less scary. On the other hand, how would you feel about someone swimming inside you, or swimming inside someone else? Seems like it might be a bit… intimate.
I work at a Hospital but like to pretend that I can keep a regular schedule.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 01:36 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20246
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Probably no different than having a pet ride on your shoulder, once you get used to it!
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Don't Mind Me

Tools
User Statistics
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
I don’t know… on your shoulder and in your shoulder seem like they may feel different. Of course, it might just be like wallowing in a giant kangaroo pouch.

I guess the concept brushed up against on of my body horror buttons.

Last edited by JustSomeGuy; Sep 16th, 2022 at 01:46 PM.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 01:45 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Yeah...this seems less like a prank and more like something Mermaid and Grunge would do if they were angling for a higher rating then PG-13 *IfYouKnowWhatIMean*.

[Granted, that doesn't mean he's not up for it. Just, that if he did it as a prank he'd probably get some calls from HR and rightfully so. :P]

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Sep 16th, 2022 at 01:51 PM.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 01:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7660
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
Probably no different than having a pet ride on your shoulder, once you get used to it!
Most people allow their pets to do things that would be considered intimidate or invasive for a person because the pet doesn't have the intellectual capacity to recognize that. That's not the case for two superheroes...
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 02:00 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22042
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
As I've been understanding it, her power is basically Chi Control - it just looks like Black-and-White energy when there's a visual effect.
It's chi-adjacent, but not quite the same. In Power Profiles terms her powers fit the light and life categories, with a little bit of force thrown in. She's kind of like a living spirit bomb except she can do things with the channeled life energy other than just make a big boom out of it. Her powers manifest as a white glow with a small shadowy "core" at the center, much like the yang half of the yin yang symbol. She has a minor feature that causes small effects like wilted plants springing back to life whenever she uses her powers just as a reflection of the life aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
If I am correct, if I use Immoveable then no matter how strong the person is, they could not budge him.
Yes, you would basically be like Marvel's the Blob or Stonewall.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 02:21 PM
The Queen of Ice
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18039
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Newbie question here: How is manipulating and channeling chi different from "magic" (which is not allowed)?
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 02:50 PM
Don't Mind Me

Tools
User Statistics
It may depend on why it isn’t allowed.

-If we’re trying to stay away from that Dr Strange angle with wizards and powerful magic artifacts … etc. then the action movie martial arts and energy control by a different name might not break theme as hard as Galstaff: Sorcerer of Light.

-There might be a ‘Magic is Real?!?!’ Reveal planned for the plot later… and having magic fueled supers might spoil it early.

- Mechanically, I’ve seen a lot of ‘Magic’ represented by the Variable Effect… which when bought above a few levels gets broken *fast*. It might just be another way of avoiding a Mechanical pitfall, like Cosmic Distances and Dimension Hopping Shenanigans.

I don’t know For Sure, but those are a few possibilities that spring to mind.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 03:01 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
As I understand it, it’s not so much that magic is banned as powers with keyword magic is banned. You could have powers where storywise they work off magic, just don’t make a Sorcerer.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 03:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10274
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Horizon is now complete, barring a few possible wording tweaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Newbie question here: How is manipulating and channeling chi different from "magic" (which is not allowed)?
I believe it was clarified earlier that having those power sources as descriptors were fine, but that the specific profiles were off limits. At least, that was the case when Cosmic was addressed. Though I have not seen any clarification on whether this is due to specific abilities within or the profiles as a whole allowing for a broad range of abilities, lacking a singular focus.

Last edited by Crocodile; Sep 16th, 2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22042
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Magic" as a powerset is generally a "I can do whatever I want whenever I want" thing. Characters like Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Scarlet Witch, and Zatana fall under that category. Shazam on the other hand may have "magic" as a power source, but he's just a flying brick. Same for Marvel's Captain Britain.
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
In Exalted, you can summon demons that can swim through your flesh like it's water! Totally cool though, cause they're healers. That makes it okay, right? Right?

Actually, Exalted definitely takes the concept of demons being 'alien monstrosities from another dimension' and runs with it like a linebacker. I always appreciated that.

As for the magic thing, I kinda read it as 'no magic tags' on your powers. Maybe magic doesn't exist, maybe it might exist but is rare. Or maybe it's been sealed away. OR, you know, VPP's are a pain to deal with so that too.

Barricade is a mutant 'force field battery', and his entire powerset is surprisingly simple. I have made some complicated heroes before (Just ask some of the other players here about my Orb Weaver character I applied with in another recruitment). I apologize if that makes my app seem less appealing.