RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 08:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12866
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Having an interesting time trying to figure out what I want to play, turn between bard and rogue I think though. Will have to see what I can come up with
Old 08-21-2019, 01:31 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4510
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Finally got the time to look at the rules a I did not like how all the feet's and skills had a separate link for each one.bit and after RedWolfe77's encouragement, I decided to try for a hail mary and see if I can get something put together in only a few days. And considering a character concept popped out at me when I looked over the backgrounds I might make it

<<<Application...COMPLETE!!!>>>

Application
right-aligned image
Dor Sentauri
  • Name: Dor Sentauri
  • Ancestry: Human
  • Background: Prisoner
  • Class: Monk
  • Alignment: Before Prison: Chaotic NeutralNeutral Good

• Description:
    Dor is close to six foot tall and on the skinny side thanks to his hardscrabble life, what mass there is, is all muscle. He may no know which country his parents came from, but it was one where the people's skin was slightly duskier than average. However, his near-decade of life in a subterranean prison has paled his skin. Dor shaved his head and kept his brown beard to honor everything the Silent Monk has shown him. Rarely willing to wear a shirt, his scars are there for all to see. A brand of a horned circle on his right shoulder, a knife scar on his lower abdomen, several defensive slashes's on his arms and shoulders. And of course the whip scars upon his back and faint ones on the left side of his skull. Dor's nose has been broken several times, and though put back in place, it never healed properly. All in all, when people look at him, they give him room to walk on by. Back in his youth, such acts are what he craved. But after eight years in Gyre Prison under the tutelage of the Silent Monk, all Dor wanted was to be accepted, not feared.

• History:
    Dor Sentauri was the son of immigrants who came to the great country of Isger with hope and dreams in their hearts. They figured the best place to raise their infant son was in Elidir, the capital of that great nation. Like most immigrants to a new country, they didn't know squat! Barely managing to survive, let alone make a living in the city, they persevered. His parents would often tell him that if he just worked hard, he could better his life. Later in life when Dor thought of his parent's philosophy on life, he would often say, "Bull Crap." His life was not better because of his parent's hard work or his own. When he was nine years old, his father didn't come back from work. Three day's later, his mother went searching for him and never returned. A week later he was a skinny starving waif living off the streets. No, hard work would not get him anywhere in life but dead or enslaved.

Dor was no genius by any measure of the word and was not that good at stealing his meal. He was tall and lean and was at that age where he would trip over his own feet. He made a lousy thief, so he stole from those that were better at it. What were they going to do? Call the militia down on him? This did not make him many friends on the streets, but he survived. For five long starving years, he survived and never once did he manage to make his life better. At age fourteen he was tall for his age and strong thanks to the hardscrabble life he was leading. Little mattered to him other than his next meal and maybe a few coins. That was until he ran into him! Some pretty boy who decided to go slumming one day. Dor spotted him as a mark two streets away and decided to have a little fun. There was very little entertainment to be had in the slums of Elidir, and he felt exceptionally playful that day.

left-aligned image
    Gyre Prison

That playfulness cost him dearly later on. The man called himself Edmond Pudo, but Dor just called him Pretty Boy. Pretty boy was looking for someone, and surprisingly, Dor knew who he was after. He didn't know what pretty boy wanted with a rat like Drake but took him to the guy. Only it was a trap for pretty boy. Having sent a message ahead to Drake, Dor smiled as pretty boy was beaten bloody and even added in a few kicks of his own. He always liked the game Wack-a-Mole, and this was way better than that carnival game. As Drake's thugs dragged the bleeding man away, Dor whistled a jaunty tune. He had enough silver to get drunk tonight thanks to Drake's generosity, and maybe he would buy a tavern wench for the night. It turned out the wench was a bad idea. It kept Dor in a place he was known to frequent for a whole day. When the militia came barging into his room they didn't play nice, as the first club that struck him broke his nose and sent his blood spraying over the wench beside him. The beating he received that day was the worse he could remember in his short life. Unable to walk, he was dragged before pretty boy who looked good as new. Dor was surprised pretty boy was standing as he was positive one of Drake's thugs broke a leg or two. It's incredible what magical healing can do if you apply enough of it. Someone started spouting out pretty boy's name and lineage. Unfortunately, thanks to the ringing in his ears, all Dor could hear was Count something of the sea's and winds or some crap. He snorted before mumbling, "Count Pretty Boy." and chuckled painfully.

The beating that followed had his ears ringing once more, and by the time he could hear and see he was in a prison wagon. Spitting out a mouthful of blood, Dor settled in for a long ride. Eather, he had been unconscious longer than he thought or they were still in the Elidir when the wagon stopped. Dor blinked at the light as he was hauled from the prison wagon with several other prisoners. They were led into what could only be called a small keep Just making this up. Correct me if it's actually a made place. The wiki was vague as hell.near the city's outer wall. The inner and outer wall was lined with soldiers, much more than was needed for such a place. But then his captor said, "Welcome to Gyre Prison slaves." Gyre Prison. The worst place to be in all of Isger, or so he was told. Inside the underground prison, he would be beaten and tortured for information, and once he was adequately cowed, sold into slavery. But that was not to be his fate, as the guard handing over the group of prisoners shoved Dor forward and said, "Count Dooku wants this one to rot. Standard treatment for the others." Finding out his fate Dor spit onto the ground and said, "Count Pretty Boy needs his leg broken again." Once again he was beaten unconscious only to awaken screaming when he was branded with a horned circle.

right-aligned image
    the Silent Monk
    And then Dor's suffering began. His first year in this subterranean prison was the worst. Between the Prison Guards torturing him for information and the prisoners using him for a punching bag for daring to look at them, he was getting beat daily. In that year, he learned how life in Gyre Prison worked. He also learned to keep his mouth shut. That last bit of knowledge made his life a little bit better. The prison gangs didn't push him as hard, and the Warden didn't call him up for more torture. Oh wait, he called it questioning. Still, it was not a pleasant life, and Dor still had an attitude that got him into trouble more times than not. It was his attitude that got him a savage beating one day about a year later. As he sat against the wall that was his backstop for the pumping he had just received Dor rolled the question over in his mind. 'Has it really been two years?' It was hard to tell time here. New prisoners brought the date of their incarceration with them, but he would have to be able to stand though to ask, and that might take some doing as he currently had two broken ribs.

His worrying about how long he's been in this hell hole and even the pain of his wounds were just a cover. A distraction to keep his mind off the one fact of his existence, that he was on the verge of breaking. Dor found a way to stop it, but the pain was only a stopgap measure, and he knew it. It was then, as he sat struggling to keep his mind distracted from its imminent demise that the old monk sat down in front of him. He had seen the muscular tattooed older man before but never interacted with him. The old geezer had such an aura about him that everyone gave him extra space to walk on by, even Dor. At first, Dor didn't understand what the older man wanted as he never spoke. But he had time and desperately needed a distraction from his inner turmoil. So Dor spent every waking moment trying to figure out what he wanted. He eventually started to call the man, the Silent Monk and assumed he took a vow of silence or was born mute. Through gesture and action over the next six years, the Silent Monk showed him how to live spiritually as well as physically. The Silent Monk turned him away from the yawning pit in his mind and away from the chaos of spirit. He showed there can still be kindness even in such a place as this prison.

Dor took to asking new arrivals the date and in return helped ease them into life in Gyre Prison. He also sought to speak only when needed. While he did not take a vow of Silence like his mentor, Dor found peace and comfort in silence. Because of his hobby as the Gyre Prison greeter, he knew he had been imprisoned for eight years and was now twenty-two years old. He also knew it had been three years since he was last 'interrogated' by the warden. So it came as a surprise when a guard showed up as he was meditating with his master and told him, "Get up, the Warden wants to see you." Bowing to the Silent Monk, Dor turned and fallowed, never to see his master again. Seeing sunlight for the first time in eight years had confused Dor and broken his inner calm. He thought he was going to see the Warden; instead, the guard marched him to the gates, had them opened before saying, "You're free to go."

The guard quickly did an about-face, and the gates closed with him on the outside. He was stunned, no flabbergasted. It was all he could do to retain his calm before turning and heading to the slums he used to call home. Little did he know that an enemy of Count Dooku's had freed him with plans in mind to use him against the Count. But this mysterious benefactor forgot one thing about prisoners in general. They all have ideas for what they will do once freed. And Dor Sentauri was no different. He headed home alright, but Dor only did so to grab what gear he had hidden before his incarceration. Then taking to the back alley's, and losing the person Dooku's enemy had following him, Dor headed to the area where he knew traders and their caravans waited. There he met a Dwarf called who called himself Bort Bargith and signed on as a guard. Dor Sentauri would see the world before he died and he would be a free man while he did it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gyre Prison.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	81368   Click image for larger version

Name:	the Silent Monk.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	81369  

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal

Last edited by Silk; 08-22-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:47 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 158
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolfe77 View Post
(Going to a special sneak peek of Galaxies Edge Orlando. Tee heels. )
So Jealous! Have fun.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:14 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4510
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Well, I have listed my character Dor Sentauri as Complete though I do need to input his information into a character sheet at some point. I suppose that can wait until I find out if I get picked for the game or not. Best It was actually a day and a half since I dithered about making a character until the day was half gonetwo-day character concept for a new system I ever came up with

Sorry about the Background being a little long. Believe it or not, I cut it down a bit. Though I liked the scene where I had Dor point to himself and say "Dor." and then point at a door and say, "Door." seconds before shoving a prisoners head through it I also decided to keep the information on his unknown benefactor limited as Dor would not know, and it freed up an entire paragraph.

I usually don't do this, but I even put several easter eggs into his background. The most obvious being a Star Wars reference
I will point out that my characters name Dor is from an old-old movie about another planet. All I can remember is there were slaves in it, and either the planet was named Dor or the main character was <shrug> Anyone got an idea?

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal

Last edited by Silk; 08-22-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
God of the Sun
left-aligned image
Sterling Larken
Human, Male, Neutral Good
Warrior backgroundWarrior turned museMaestro classBard

Who am I looking for.....Appearance
"That tall handsome bald man with the magnificent red beard, yes that is probably the best way to describe me. I get my height from my dad's side of things, he was even taller than me, a true giant among men. Red hair like my mum as you can see in my beard, and on top if I ever feel the need to grow it out, but I have to say that I am liking the bald look on me and the ladies seem to agree." Sterling is indeed above average in height at a few inches over six feet, broad shoulders and the build of somebody who is used to physical labor.

His voice is deep and his easy laugh has a tendency to fill the room he is in, often drawing in others around him who are drawn to his laid back attitude and his desire for a bit of fun. His clothing is sturdy but relatively plain, and while he carries a sword across his back it rarely draws as much attention as his drum when he has it out. Its a beauty, in a dark stained maple with animal hide stretched across both sides, he keeps it covered when not in use but it has a heavy leather bandoleer type belt on it that he always has secured to keep it safe. His sticks are equally as impressive given their size for his bigger hands, and they certainly look like they could leave a heft mark upon you if he struck you with one of them. A habit of the trade most likely but he is often drumming with his fingers and hands when sitting idle, and when engrossed in his music or that of others he looks at his happiest.

Whats he thinking.....Personality
Sterling is a relatively open sort of soul, one that doesn't leave you guessing much to his motives, but it means he also doesn't take well to the deceptive nature of others by frequently calling them out on it. Despite his larger build he certainly is a bit of a gentle giant and would rather see people relaxed and having fun then picking a fight, though if pushed he will certainly stand up for what he believes is right or to defend others who can't. He is passionate about his music, its relatively new to him but he has taken to it like one who has always had it in his life. He is happiest in a crowded tavern in the company of others or playing his drum, and becomes quickly bored in the company of the well to do's and their more refined tastes.

Why on gods earth am I on this cursed caravan....Background
Sterling grew up in small town life, his father was a woodsman who spent his days with his large ax felling trees for the local miller, and his mother ran their small house and its small herd of goats. It was a simple life but a happy one, he was always well fed and there was fresh air a plenty that a growing boy needs to turn him into a strong young man. His parents loved him, they taught him a few things, and in the end he wanted something more. The small town had little enough real prospects for him with many taking on the trades of their parents, and he wanted to spend his time working with others rather than the relatively quiet trade of cutting trees. So when some soldiers of Lastwall came passing through he approached them a bout service and the next morning with some tearful goodbyes was off to Lastwall to see if the life of a soldier would be to his liking.

He did well there in service, they fed him well and kept him busy in the company of others, and are entirely responsible for his learning about drums. Drums were well used in the army, an important means of communication and even a certain amount of intimidation against your opponents, but they were are also a keen motivator for your allies. With his stature and build he was certainly strong enough to heft a drum and strike it with the required force to be heard over the din of fighting, so he was taught to play and care for the drum he was assigned by a sergeant by the name of Travis Stokes. Travis was passionate about the drums as well and he instilled much of that passion in those he taught, he had a good feel for those that were suited to the task and he had pegged Sterling as one of those who would take to it like a duck to water. They struck up a fast friendship and Sterling mentored under Travis for well on a year before things took a dark turn and the Whispering Tyrant destroyed it all, leaving him near dead in what had followed and one of the lucky to get free.

He stayed in and about Elidir for a time but after a while he grew tired of the city, the mood was still mostly dark and didn't suit him. A halfling he met me in one of the taverns suggested he might find Almas more to his liking, and for lack of any real reason to stay in Elidir he decided to find out if that was true, so with drum in tow he hooked up with a caravan heading in that direction.

Last edited by OneDarkness; 08-22-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
At little over 3 hours till deadline. Get any last minute changes in. I'm looking at you OneDarkness
Old 08-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
no character sheet as of yet but I got some of the other bits filling in though might rewrite here and there for clarity.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Its that Time. I will be making my decisions throughout the afternoon. The applications are as follows:
Applications
Player Character Alignment Class Ancestry Background Completed
Runetide Bellsara Lamont Fighter NG Human Laborer Complete
Begon Ugo Stevak Krivan Barbarian CG Human Farmhand Withdrawn
Mcderth Rolen Sammson Rogue CG Human (Half Elf) Entertainer Complete
Silent Rain Jaece Gilden Fighter (Wizard Dedication) LN Human (Half Elf) Warrior Complete
JasonWFD Salvuncorielm "Sal" Molefriend Ranger CG Sensate Gnome Teamster Complete
Phern Esmayl Kalmeralm Cleric of Sarenrae NG Half-Elf Missionary Complete
Mason Mooshi Sorcerer (Elemental Bloodline - Fire) CG Goblin Barkeep Complete
Hound Fiona Oak Alchemist NG Human (Half Elf) Herbalist Complete
gnollservitude Jonathin Craine Wizard, universalist, spell blending thesis N Human Scholar Complete
Nevynxxx Katrina Dawnlight Cleric (Coistered) NG Human (Taldan) Missionary Complete
Kshnik Dimin Bargith Druid, Wild Shape NG Rock Dwarf Field Medic Complete
MundayKnight Torm Stonebone Champion LG Strongblood Dwarf Field Medic Complete
EditionsVeteran Asdur Groth-sun Fighter NG Dwarf (Rock) Herbalist Complete
Exhibit A Ikki Bard CG Goblin Missionary Complete
Maskain Saarke Fjulden Wizard, Transmutation LN Ancient-Blooded Dwarf Sailor Complete
Silk Dor Sentauri Monk NG Human Prisoner Complete
OneDarkness Sterling Larken Bard NG Human Warrior Complete

I will be sending PM's to Everyone who gets in. Good Luck
Old 08-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Congratz to the Following Players
Party
Player Character Alignment Class Ancestry Background Completed
Runetide Bellsara Lamont Fighter NG Human Laborer Complete
Mcderth Rolen Sammson Rogue CG Human (Half Elf) Entertainer Complete
Mason Mooshi Sorcerer (Elemental Bloodline - Fire) CG Goblin Barkeep Complete
Hound Fiona Oak Alchemist NG Human (Half Elf) Herbalist Complete
Silk Dor Sentauri Monk NG Human Prisoner Complete

This was a tough decision. I was tempted to run a second group, but as this I am still learning the rules it may be too much to tackle. Depending on how this game goes I still may. If I do I will pool from the same pool of applicants If the players are still available.

For those who got in I will get the PM's out shortly.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Congrats and good adventuring, will be good to see how PF 2E goes.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 999
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Have a great time everyone!
Old 08-22-2019, 03:20 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Have a good time everyone!
Old 08-22-2019, 03:50 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Phern
Congrats to everyone who made it!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8341
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Congrats folks.