twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 27th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Literal Worm
Outplay 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10036
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Your favourite Oneshot?

Hello friends! I was wondering if anyone would share with me some of their favourite published one shot adventures which they have ran/played?

I'm mostly interested in 5e, FATE or any very simple systems, but feel free to share any you have enjoyed!

Last edited by Wishkamon; Oct 27th, 2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31782
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
I'll provide my obligatory Uncaged hype. The longest-lasting campaign I've run on site (which is still ongoing, see my sig) is a series of one-shots from this project. On RPGX, that has meant "seasons" that last a little over a year. I obviously chose the ones that spoke most directly to me and ideas that I wanted to explore. But the anthology is something like 100-120 adventures: about 30 per book, over 4 books (and a 5th is apparently in production!). Some ideas I like a lot, and some I'm not a fan of. But with so many options, you're sure to find a dozen that tickle your fancy, as long as you buy into the basic premise of the project.
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 07:50 PM
Literal Worm
Outplay 2021

Tools
User Statistics
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Oh, thats right up my ally! Thank you!
Old Nov 6th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24431
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
I have a fondness for the Dragon Magazine AD&D modules from the early 80s (before there was a "Dungeon" magazine). They're short, inventive, and lots of fun--each has a twist or very interesting feature. I ran or played them in my youth and converted many to Pathfinder for my kids. Ed Greenwood's Into the Forgotten Realms (issue #95), which was the first published FR adventure. Other good ones are Citadel by the Sea (#78), Forest of Doom (#73), and Can Seapoint be Saved (#75). Then there was a really good Astral Plane adventure called Fedifensor (#67).
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Literal Worm
Outplay 2021

Tools
User Statistics
thanks for the rabbit hole! It was cool and trippy scrolling through those pre-my-existence-pdfs when I should have been sleeping last night, haha. Weirdly I especially enjoyed all the adverts for minis and systems and things long gone. It blows my mind to think of all the in depth content between those pages and I'm glad someone archived it all I'll defiantly be looking through some more of the modules for something fun to run for some newbies, thanks very much!

Last edited by Wishkamon; Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old Nov 13th, 2021, 01:29 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24431
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
You bet, Wishkamon! Into the Forgotten Realms (issue 95) is especially great I think because the ultimate encounter is strictly roleplaying (if the party has any brains) and there are several neat RP opportunities built into the adventure. It also has a cool, complex map. The first time I ever killed one of my kids' characters was when they were crossing that chasm on the glowing squares.

And yes, the ads alone are something to see. A real look at the RPG scene in the 80s and how many small scale efforts there were to carve out a living in the hobby. A window into a different time.
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 04:37 PM
Literal Worm
Outplay 2021

Tools
User Statistics
Great shout! That seems like a neat-o adventure- I'm going to try and run It a few friends! I'll have to shimmy some things into 5e but shouldn't be too hard, most notably fiddling with the pre gen characters, I'd like to try make them no higher than level 5 as two the players will be new-ish and then adjust encounters accordingly.

Love the opertunity to deal out epic loot withut fear of breaking the world for myself later down the line, haha.
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 10:53 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 77186
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Gosh, if only there was a place one could get some old Dragon, or Dungeon, magazines, and relive some of those old, one shot mini-adventures.

If only... Hmmmmmm

Maybe someplace where you could buy them cheap, and the money goes to Charity... like a charity auction full of old magazines from the 80's and 90's.