Game Thread Act 19 Scene 6 A Shadow Realm - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 11:34 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2022
RPXP: 23933
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 17,769
Bobby finds himself Bobby has the Condition Grappledbeing pulled into the the crypt to the west. Reuben managed get the creature grabbing him toReuben has the condiiton Grappled removed release her grip. Katey manages to get in position next to Esmae even as the injured vampress AOO: missesscratches at her.

A vampress from the western hallway advances on Javan and lunges at him with her fangs but he sidesteps her. The vampress that had been holding Reuben down, Reuben takes 8 DAM; current health is 0.1.12bit deeply into his shoulder as he struggled to get out of the sarcophagi.

Esmae continued to battle with the vampress as Katie joined her. It switched her focus to Katey and Katey takes 8 DAM: Current stats: 0.6.6bit deeply into her arm.

The vampire next to Zella stumbles for some reason, appearing to be in pain. It screams a high screech that immediately gets a reaction from the other brides. The vampress that was in the east hallway moves around to its aid positioning itself between Javan and Zella.

Zella couldn't have timed her attack more perfectly, stabbing the creature in the head. It Vampress 5 is destroyedexploded in a shower of ink-black energy. Bobby keeps his wits about him and stabs with the dark wood. The VampressBobby no longer has the condition Grappled releases him. Reuben finds himself flanked by to Vampires.

[Round 5]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A19S6R5.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	464.8 KB
ID:	93773  
__________________
GM of: Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute (2007 HOF),
Traveller: The Third Imperium & The Hoffmann Institute: Tangents
New here? Try a New Player Solo Game for 13th age, CoC, DnD, FATE, Pathfinder, Traveller.

Last edited by savoylen; Jan 9th, 2022 at 11:08 AM.
  #137  
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 11:43 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 43727
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 14,206


"Bobby?" Javan calls over the vampire who seems intent on blocking off Bobby from the rest of the group. "Zella got one! These things can die!" he shouted as he stabbed at the one in front of him.

 


 


__________________
  #138  
Old Jan 9th, 2022, 12:51 PM
Humble Athena Humble Athena is offline
The Midnight Fairy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 34161
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Posts: 14,119
Zella was encouraged by the dissipation of one bride, but there wasn't time for more than a quick exhalation and inhalation to steady herself for the next. Two of them were bearing down on the aged medic, and everyone else seemed quite occupied. She lunged for the nearest, hoping to at least draw her off the man and give him a chance.


 
__________________
Well that was anti-climatic.
  #139  
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 08:55 PM
Starflier's Avatar
Starflier Starflier is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2022
RPXP: 10289
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Posts: 4,486
It was certainly encouraging to see one of these creatures taken down by the ebony stakes, proof that they weren’t completely off-base in their assumptions. Esmae watched two of the creatures surround Javan, and might have run to help had Zella not made her way over there first. Standing next to Katey, it was probably best for the two of them to focus on the creature in front of them before moving on to help the others. With a nod to the Russian, she lunged forward with her stake at the ready.




 


 
__________________
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter
  #140  
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 12:56 AM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2022
RPXP: 23933
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 17,769
*
__________________
GM of: Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute (2007 HOF),
Traveller: The Third Imperium & The Hoffmann Institute: Tangents
New here? Try a New Player Solo Game for 13th age, CoC, DnD, FATE, Pathfinder, Traveller.
  #141  
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is online now
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 35215
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 10,866
Bobby Barone
left-aligned image
Bobby was yanked towards one of the crypts and the strength these wicked harlots possessed was terrifying to behold. The icy grip almost shattered his bones and he struggled like a rabid cat, kicking and clawing for all he was worth.

Whatever he did… it seemed to work as the vampire released him. Javan was still speaking and Bobby wondered how he found the energy to fight and still prattle.

He would be sure to ask Javan just that if and when they all survived. As it was, Bobby did the only thing he could do in the moment and that was to again swing the damn stake.

“Stay still! Yuh know yuh want dis!”


OocStabbing the one in front of him

 

 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.
  #142  
Old Jan 14th, 2022, 09:15 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is online now
Likely up to no good ...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 9268
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 4,138

The vampress bites into Katey's arm ...

The hardest thing about learning Systema techniques for Katey — and most of her classmates — had been overriding their instinct to flee. When your partner punches or kicks at you, you move in. When your partner holds your hand or grapples you, you take advantage of their body being busy and distracted.

So when the vampress bites into her arm, Katey takes advantage of its commitment of mouth and hands, which leave its own head and neck exposed, its vision obstructed. Taking the briefest of moments to ensure she's in just the right position, she gets the creature restrained in a headlock, eyes down toward the ground, while giving Esmae an intense look that says, Do it now!

 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; Jan 14th, 2022 at 09:17 PM.
  #143  
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 03:53 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2022
RPXP: 23933
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 17,769
The Vampress pressing down on Bobby 8 DAMAGE to Bobby: Status: 0.0.3 Has the CONDITION Unconsciousbites down on him, clamping down on his neck. She begins to drain his essence. Rather than 'blood', light and dark energy is pulled from his body to her mouth and then her body. Reuben seems to loose his focus for a few seconds and struggles to get out of the stone coffin.

Katey has the vampire in a head lock and then she +4 effect opposed check. Is not grappled.quickly breaks loose. The vampress next to Javen bites into his arm with her fangs, Damage 10 to Javan. Status: 0.4.5ripping into him.

The vampress nearest Esmae and Katey, spins away from Katey and strikes at Esmae, Esmae takes 4 DAMAGE. Status: 0.0.9 Condition: Unconscioushitting her with her claws. The vampire dealing with Reuben tries to bit him as he struggles with the coffin. He manages to push her away.

The battle between Zella and the vampress nearest her continues as he bites at Zella's neck. It5 DAMAGE to Zella. Status: 3.5.5 bites her but is pushed back. She returns the favor by stabbing it in chest, energy leaving its body, obviously very hurt. Almost at the same time Javan sticks the vampire west of him, deeply. It screams in anger and pain.

[Round 6]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A19S6R6.PNG
Views:	43
Size:	377.8 KB
ID:	93887  
__________________
GM of: Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute (2007 HOF),
Traveller: The Third Imperium & The Hoffmann Institute: Tangents
New here? Try a New Player Solo Game for 13th age, CoC, DnD, FATE, Pathfinder, Traveller.

Last edited by savoylen; Jan 15th, 2022 at 03:56 PM.
  #144  
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 07:40 PM
Airdish2's Avatar
Airdish2 Airdish2 is offline
Lucky Sevens
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 30th, 2022
RPXP: 3863
Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2
Posts: 854


"This is it." Reuben though weakly. " A'm aff tae hell finally." With his ghostly vision swimming, he gripped the stake "Mibbie ah kin tak' yin o' th' bastards oot" he swore. His voice rang hollow in the walls of the coffin as he pushed the stake up into the Vampress: "Th' De'il tak' ye!

 


 



  #145  
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 04:50 PM
Oakie's Avatar
Oakie Oakie is online now
Likely up to no good ...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 9268
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Posts: 4,138

Like snake, the vampress twists out of Katey's attempted chokehold, so she follows with a desperate stab with her stake, trying her best to aim under the ribcage.

 
__________________

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #146  
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 05:45 PM
Humble Athena Humble Athena is offline
The Midnight Fairy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 34161
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Posts: 14,119
As the bride's teeth cut into Zella's soulform, long-repressed memories burst through in an electric display. A peaceful country road, a starlight night. The weight of her skirts around her ankles, and a fortnight's pay in her purse. She had been slightly preoccupied with the joy and anticipation of seeing her family again, but had been so sure that she was alone. Until a hand roughly clamped down on her shoulder from behind, while another established a vise-grip on her chin. She was pulled backwards, off-balance, catching a blur of dark hair and burning eyes before her assailant's head dropped from her view. And then pain. Pain followed by cold, and a burning ache through her entire body as she was left on the road.

"No!" She hissed, trying to pull away, to get the stake between her and the bride. "I am not prey! No longer!" She heard a body fall behind her but couldn't afford to look at whom had dropped. She prayed one more strike would take another bride out of the equation.

 
__________________
Well that was anti-climatic.

Last edited by Humble Athena; Jan 16th, 2022 at 07:20 PM.
  #147  
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 06:58 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is offline
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 43727
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 14,206


"Esmae!" Javan screams as he sees his team member go down.

He quickly looks around. Zella and Katey are still fighting. Bobby and Reuben are, hopefully, still locked in combat because neither they nor their vamps have emerged to join the fight in the large room. So, the battle could still go either way.

"Zella, Katey!" Javan calls out. "If one more of us falls, then the other two should get out of here. At least one person needs to survive this." As he talks, he looks at the two vamps closest to him, and takes a stab at whichever seems worse off. "Agreed?"

 


 


__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 16th, 2022 at 07:00 PM.
  #148  
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 11:15 AM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2022
RPXP: 23933
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 17,769
*
__________________
GM of: Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute (2007 HOF),
Traveller: The Third Imperium & The Hoffmann Institute: Tangents
New here? Try a New Player Solo Game for 13th age, CoC, DnD, FATE, Pathfinder, Traveller.
  #149  
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 07:27 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is online now
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2022
RPXP: 35215
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 10,866
Bobby Barone
left-aligned image
As luck would have it, once Bobby finally gets his stake into one of the vampire chicks... she goes and gives him a hickey from hell.

If asked, Bobby would say that the sensation of having his soul drained wasn't all together unpleasant. As he drifted off into unconsciousness, Bobby thought that he wouldn't be surprised if some people wouldn't pay good money for the experience.

He laughed... a little... as he faded... vampire pimp... Ha!


 

 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.
  #150  
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 10:24 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2022
RPXP: 23933
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 17,769
The Vampress biting into Bobby seems to flow into his body even as it fades away. Meanwhile just as Rueben was giving up on the idea of surviving his tumble with the Vampress next to him,Crit Success! he staked her right in the eye. It exploded in a spray of black and gray vapor.

Katey watches in shock at the Vampress next to hear flows into Esmae as she fell. Then they both were gone. Javan notices how bad the Vampress is between he and Zella, his hit was at the base of the back of its neck. It dissipated in a spray of gray and black energy. The Vampress to the west of him bites at his neck as he turned, it Javan takes DAM 5, Status 0.0.4bites deeply, taking Javan down.

Zella steps up to Javan as he falls and stakes the remaining Vampress. She screams in anger as gray mist leaves her body.

[Round 7]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A19S6R7.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	93973  
__________________
GM of: Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute (2007 HOF),
Traveller: The Third Imperium & The Hoffmann Institute: Tangents
New here? Try a New Player Solo Game for 13th age, CoC, DnD, FATE, Pathfinder, Traveller.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB