Game Thread Group 2 - Ch2 - The Right Path - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Forbidden Lands
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Feb 7th, 2023, 09:57 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6877
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,910
Group 2 - Ch2 - The Right Path



Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Morning Quarter, Day Two

Weather: Clear

Up The PathDuring the second half of the night, a storm had blown across the mountain slopes where Straya sat. It was nothing unusual for this time of year. Clouds and moisture would build above the great peaks, and then, the gods of fate would decide in which direction to send its gift of water and silence-breaking thunder. Usually, the storms worked their way East, and this one had acted predictably too. Most of the moisture had evaporated by morning, or been gobbled up by earth and the gaps between rocks, but at least the air was cool and fresh. The sun was climbing, and most of the mountain locals were going about just another ordinary day.

Not for one particular trio though.

They were assembled at the beginning of the Path of Bone's way.

A long ascent awaited them...
OOCOk team! I need a volunteer to roll a LEAD THE WAY (survival check). If anyone wants to KEEP WATCH or HELP the person keeping watch (scouting check) feel free!

Successfully leading the way means you don't get lost, or suffer some other form of drama. Keeping watch will give you time to plan and react, in the event that there are any fun encounters to be had in your very first hex hehe.

The mountains are difficult terrain, which just means you can travel one hex per quarter day.
__________________
UTC +10. Had some RL distractions... but getting back into it!
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands
PLAYER: D&D - Ebonclad - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Feb 7th, 2023 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Feb 8th, 2023, 09:32 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
right-aligned image


Walking the mountains was what one did. Like draw breath or snore while you slept. At least that is what he had always thought. Apparently, this was a truth only for his people. He didn’t know who was worse, the human or the half-elf. One refused to stay on the trail he was setting while the other wanted to stop and rest at every turn.

So, Ravgor stood waiting for them to take another drink and catch their breath.

Again.

He tried not to get angry. After all , it wasn’t their fault they had the misfortune to be born as something other than a dwarf. It was not easy though, as evident by his huffing into his mustache as he worked to say calm.

“You asked about a dwarven settlement last night Grey. Then you got distracted by whatever that lass brought to the table and we never finished our talk.” He stood up, grabbed his pack and began to walk higher into the mountain as he spoke hoping to get them moving without complaints this time.

“This rock under our feet. What better place to build yourself a fort or an outpost that you could retreat to if needed? Where better to raise a temple or build your defenses? The Blood Mists kept Straya isolated but what about before they came? Back when the foundation stones were first set. If there were hordes beyond the mountains it would make sense for a chain of settlements or defenses to have been built.”

Just talking through this had him excited about the opportunities that waited for him beyond the mountains. Turning back to his companions to…..oh crap! Where the hell did they go?! He had forgotten how slow they were and caught in the telling of the tale he had climbed at his instinctually, fast pace. Backtracking, he came across them looking like lost ewes without a ram to follow.

“Come on! We’ve got a long way to go before our arses are turned to the sun.”


”OOC Notes”
Actions: Leading The Way
Damage: -2 to Wits
Willpower: 3

 

Last edited by Palliven; Feb 8th, 2023 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 12:36 AM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Journey
right-aligned image

I knew I should have spent my silver on new boots! I swear the pair im wearing now will be full of holes by the time we're through. It was bad enough that the path itself wasn't as simple as just walking from point A to point B with the variable inclines and far too many loose rocks under foot for her tastes, but the dwarf was treating them like soldiers or something. She could feel Ravgor's judgmental gaze every time she stopped just for a moment to let her feet rest. The half-elf started to regret not bringing one-eyed Grak along to carry her part of the way on his back.

If Greyland was having the same issues as she was, he wasn't showing it. The minstrel was far too interested in the journey for her taste. She just wanted to find the brother, grab the little man, and drag him back to Straya.

Aelys let out an exaggerated groan as the dwarf continued to urge them forward. "Isn't there some soft, grassy path we can take on the way up?" It was clear from her tone that she was complaining for the sake of complaining. She wasn't stupid. Silently enduring the discomfort of the trek was just not something she could bring herself to do.


OOC
Aelys will be in charge of Keeping Watch


 

Last edited by smeowlin; Feb 9th, 2023 at 12:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Feb 11th, 2023, 03:39 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Aelys let out an exaggerated groan as the dwarf continued to urge them forward. "Isn't there some soft, grassy path we can take on the way up?"
right-aligned image


He stopped walking, his shoulders slumping as he had to deal with another delay.

“No. There is no soft, grassy path that we can take. You see those?” he says pointing to a series of large boulders ahead and to the side of the path. “Those are rocks. This is a mountain.”

For all her complaining, and there was a lot, the slight half elf was not falling too far behind. Whether she could make it the rest of the day without collapsing or not remained to be seen. Grey seemed to still have some spring in his step but less than when they started. At least he wasn’t complaining with every step.

OOC Notes
Actions: Leading The Way
Damage: -2 to Wits
Willpower: 3


 

Last edited by Palliven; Feb 11th, 2023 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Feb 17th, 2023, 01:47 PM
Aegis's Avatar
Aegis Aegis is offline
Player Four has Entered
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2023
RPXP: 1432
Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis
Posts: 718
“IC”
right-aligned image


Greyland keeps his head up as they travel. He Failed the roll. Got a one on the push.tries to help keep a look out while they travel. He doesn’t know what to look for if there are any danger signs, so he splits his attention to work on something else.

He has his lute with him, as always, and as the trio walk and fatigue begins to set in on Aelys at least, and him too if he’s being honest, he pulls it off his back. He strums a note or two, retunes, then begins singing quietly. Enough for the others to hear him, but he’s not performing for the mountain.

His fingers pick up the pace as he begins this little ditty…
Your home in a garden, would you not look around?
Or would you just pound those stumps, right there, straight in the ground!
A glory oh treasures, so easy to mine!
Why head elsewhere, and simply lose time?
The ambitious are different, a separate nest.
Away from the seduced, they make fortunes in the West.
Some died on the way, their bones line the track.
Walk too far there, and you'll fall down a crack.

He tries to make the song energetic and lively. Also aspirational. A little something to keep some pep in their step. When done, he looks to the others to see if they want more or if one is enough for now…


 

Last edited by Aegis; Feb 17th, 2023 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Feb 18th, 2023, 04:31 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6877
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,910
HigherHiking uphill was never going to be everyone's idea of a good time. Just a painful necessity. All things considered, Ravgor must have had his tolerant face on, for his two companions surely weren't feeling quite as at-home up here. Humbling perhaps for the dwarf, was that for he too, this walk wasn't quite as simple as it had been the previous times. Yes, he might have ventured this far in the past, but aside from having company, something else was... different.

Usually, the track was hard to miss. It was a logical path that minimized the steepness of the incline, and it was often just dirt and stone underfoot. As the group progressed further though, an obstacle came into view. It was as though someone had decided to toss a great many piles of jagged rocks down the mountain's slopes. A great mass of scree. Loose rocks that would not only slow everyone down, but could also be quite dangerous... if they were unstable and sharp-edged as these were. There was only one way to deal with it. Go around the debris. If only it was so easy though! Alas, Ravgor had to work extremely hard to find the best way around this unexpected complication. By the time he'd guided everyone around the risky zone, and back on to the path proper, his head was pounding!

Thankfully, Greyland had a little cure for his companion's woes, and the first setback that the natural world had thrown their way. A song! It was surely welcome, and took the edge off an otherwise agonizing morning. His companions listened, most certainly, but they weren't the only ones attracted to his melodies.

Coming to something of a peak, the trio saw two winged creatures flying high in the skies just ahead. Birds? They looked like large birds for sure... but something about their shape was off. Disproportionate. Almost, human? In the mere seconds that followed, the two creatures flapped their dark wings more feverishly, swooping in to get an eyeful of the trekking trio. As they dove closer for a good look, the true horror of their visage was for all to witness. Bare chested women with dark feathered wings! Talons the size of a lady's feet! Long dark hair that swished about above faces pale and of sunken flesh...

Then they circled back, screeching at each other!

"I waaaaant to eat them! Yes yes, tasty meat!!"

"I waaaant the lute! It isn't shiny, but would be so much funnn!"

"Dwarf meat is tough! We eat him last, hehehe!"

 
OOCBecause the Keeping Watch didn't go so well, these nasty flying ladies are at Short range (25m). We don't have to roll initiative quite yet though, I'll give you all one round to do something as they prepare to get up close and personal hehe. One skill check, or readying of weapons, using a piece of equipment, etc. There are many options aside from combat, so feel free to be as creative as you like! I'll do my best to help for these first few encounters. Some things you might consider...
A lore check to identify them and potentially their weaknesses?
A manipulation check to negotiate with them?
A move check to try and flee?
__________________
UTC +10. Had some RL distractions... but getting back into it!
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands
PLAYER: D&D - Ebonclad - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Feb 18th, 2023 at 04:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Feb 18th, 2023, 10:26 AM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
right-aligned image


Clambering over the massive scree pile, scrapes and scratches appearing on his hands and forearms as reward for his effort to find a safe path, Ravgor couldn’t help but feel this was a trap. He should have known better. Rockslides were not uncommon and the half-elf and human kept saying all was clear. Their job was to stay alert for danger and he had trusted them. A mistake but he had to vet their worth somehow. Besides, he was more annoyed with himself at letting that bard’s tune distract him from the task at hand.

Now he stood at the pile’s summit watching these scrawny feathered females circle and screech like magpies. They definitely looked like they were in need of a meal, but they would have to look elsewhere today. Putting his palm up to his trailing companions he motioned for them to hold, hoping they would not panic at the sight of these creatures and make things worse. Like any good dwarf, he had heard tales of the creatures that made the mountains their home but not any of things such as this. Still, they looked to be dull of wit and simple of desire.

“Hail ladies, you seek fun, do you?” he shouted as they circled above, picking up on the interest in the shiny lute they screeched. “That is good for sick we are, all three, which is why we have left town. Too much mushroom stew has left our flesh with the taste of boiled vegetables and our bones little more than lumpy oats. Even our skin is not worth the time it will take to pick from between your teeth.”


Very casually setting a gnarled and scratched hand on the head of his axe which hung from his belt Rolled three 6s and a 1 for Manipulation Rollin case his words did not take hold with these things, he pressed on.

“But my friend’s songs will sustain you where our bodies would not. Listening to his tune, you will feel like you are soaring the greatest heights. Let him play you a song and we will be on our way.”


Turning to Greyland and Aelys he smiled, the way a man getting ready to throw the bones does when he feels lucky.

“Here’s your chance to save our lives and hear some of my story Grey.”


”OOC Notes”
Actions: Manipulating to convince these creatures we are not good eating.
Damage: -2 to Wits
Willpower: 3

 

Last edited by Palliven; Feb 18th, 2023 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 02:10 PM
Aegis's Avatar
Aegis Aegis is offline
Player Four has Entered
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2023
RPXP: 1432
Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis
Posts: 718
“IC”
right-aligned image


Greyland’s eyes open wide at seeing these flying women. He’s never seen that in real life and with Ravgor’s plan, he wouldn’t have time to think. He let his fingers play the song they want while his brain finds the words to match it.

The adrenaline pumping through his veins makes this a fast song and, as he opens his mouth to begin singing, he knows the first thing that will come out if his mouth will be a hoot of fear. He commits to that. Trying to turn it into a nice opening note. He releases that opening note… and it’s sour. And then his brain hasn’t caught up to his fingers, and he Failed roll and push. No Sucesses.freezes

He stops playing and thinks What an embarrassing waste…



 

Last edited by Aegis; Feb 21st, 2023 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 05:33 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
right-aligned image


Hearing the warbling note followed by the complete absence of music led Ravgor to puff out his mustaches again.

Ah, hells below us.

The grip he had on the axe head was with his thick thumb bracing against its outer edge and his index finger laid against the side. If the time came, this hold would let him pull it free from the leather belt loop then take hold of the haft in one smooth motion. He let his hand go loose and let go of the axe. If these things were intent on eating one of them, he wasn’t sure they would be able to stop them.

“Might be keeping my secrets a bit longer Grey.” His tone was flat but without anger. “Maybe Aelys can think of something to keep these birds from wanting to tear us apart. Won’t get me to share a story but it would earn her best spot in the tent come nightfall.”

As he spoke, he moved his hand to the inside of his tunic and put his hand around the flute he had bought in Straya. If these bird wenches did decide to come at them he’d make sure they had to work for it. He’d play a few notes to convince the mountain to kick up some of its dust and earth, giving them a way to leave the lady birds behind.

”OOC Notes”
Actions: Preparing to cast Dust From The Deep at first sign the attack will begin.
Damage: -2 to Wits
Willpower: 3

 
__________________
Currently playing : Forbidden Lands
Had a great time playing Outplay 2023
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 06:24 PM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Journey
right-aligned image

The sight of the winged women puts a harsh stop to whatever complaints she might have had about traversing this mountain path. Aelys had anticipated some combat, but their flight gave them an obvious, incredible advantage that she could not ignore. The thief carried a throwing knife, but there were two of them. Even if she somehow got a lucky throw in that would discourage one of them from trying to make a meal out of the trio, she would have to rely on her companions or hope that she could bait the other into coming in close for long enough for the half-elf to land a decisive strike.

Thankfully Ravgor was quick to attempt something other than an obvious and potentially deadly combat. The half-elf glanced between the dwarf and the minstrel as she listened to Ravgor's ruse. This could work!. Her hand started to trail towards her throwing knife just in case the flying women didn't take the bait. Unfortunately it became clear that Greyland wasn't up to the task as he froze up after one bad note. Rather than dwell on his failure, Aelys had to think fast as she stepped in.

She started off rather quiet with her first few words, but soon enough she found the resolve to project her voice despite being sober. She attributed what little talent she had for singing to the Elven part of her as the half-elf's song filled the air, intonation laced with soft, silvery tones.

"He's had so many lovers
But hasn't been pleasing anyone
Doesn't matter 'bout numbers
When only he's having fun

I was always taught to give
Just as misunderstood as him
'Cause that's no way to live
Loving on a whim

It's like we're moving in circles
And my love doesn't take shape

Oh, it could be exciting
And the full moon rising
Oh, it could be exciting
But nothing seems inviting

A penny for your truth
'Cause it's lies after lies
A penny for your truth
Just look into my eyes"


After finishing her song which she had mashed together from three different drinking songs, she looked expectantly at the flying women, hoping they would be satisfied rather than resort to drawing blood.


OOC
Succeed once on Push!


 

Last edited by smeowlin; Feb 21st, 2023 at 06:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 07:46 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6877
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,910
The Backing SingerThe duo of horrible winged women had maintained a bit of altitude, just enough distance to hear and screech at the strange travelers, yet not near enough to be able to immediately peck, or be pecked at. They might have been a hideous sight, but these half-creatures weren't stupid. Oh no! This was two against three after all, and what if some of them had those arrow things? That could be bad!

The short hairy guy had spoken, and the ladies seemed inclined to listen. Wings flapping, they bobbed up and down in the air above the group, as he made his claims.

left-aligned image
"Sick? He said they are sick! What if its bird flu... or, or mites!"

"Ewwww, I like my feathers too much! But, what if he is a liar?"

"You wanna risk it, Krag? Be my guest!"

The one named as Krag hesitated, tilting her head to the side as she surveyed the group more closely through those empty eyes.

"Naaa. Tooo dangerous! Oh, he offers a song! I likes music... let's hear it then!"

This might have been Greyland's strangest audience yet, it certainly took "stage fright" to a whole new level. This time he was playing for their lives!

"You gonna bash out a choon or what, big boy?"

"No pressure, haha!"

It was all too much. How does one summon beauty and melody, with the most hideous of audiences so close and ready to bring talons to faces? His opening wobbly wail told a tale all of its own, and it amused the winged folk no end!

"Oh my goodness! I hope he tastes better than he sings, mmwahah!"

"The things people call art these days, eh? Hehe! The only disease he's got is a lack of talent!"

Alright, the situation seemed to be back on a bit of a knife's edge. An edge that would be a fair way to throw... but all was not lost. Ravgor's introduction has sewn seeds of doubt, and Greyland's "performance" had bought some time. As Aelys took on the challenge, and commenced her attempt at some entertainment, as promised, the women's eyes swiftly moved to her.

"He's had so many lovers
But hasn't been pleasing anyone"

Yep. This had been a good choice. Right from the get-go, Aelys stole their full attention.

"Haha, is this song about big boy, or your dwarf?

"Shut it Krag, I wanna hear more!"

"Yes, yes!"

They wouldn't interfere again, nor heckle the quite tasty looking woman below, as she sang on. It wasn't the most incredible rendition ever, but how often would winged beasts of suspect origins ever get to hear music? Indeed, they appreciated it greatly!

"A penny for your truth
Just look into my eyes"

At the song's conclusion, Krag and her sister looked to each other, and probably at each other's eyes. Something about them changed in this moment. Their flapping kind of relaxed and became more graceful. Their talons retracted, and maybe even the semblance of a smile came across their otherwise miserable features.

"Oh Mag, I do you know, you're the best friend ever."

"I know I am! You are too!"

It looked like they might be about to hug, mid air, but did not, on account of not wanting to crash to the ground. Instead, they regarded the trio below, in a new light.

"We accept your offering. If you really, really are sick... then you're headed the right way."

"Yeah. A penny for some truth eh? So what truth would ya like?"

They hovered and waited then, as though expecting a question to be thrown their way...
OOCAwesome work everyone! You've avoided combat if you want! You also have a boon. It sounds like Krag is willing to try and answer one question the group might have :-) You've earned a truth.
__________________
UTC +10. Had some RL distractions... but getting back into it!
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands
PLAYER: D&D - Ebonclad - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Feb 21st, 2023 at 07:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 02:53 PM
Aegis's Avatar
Aegis Aegis is offline
Player Four has Entered
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2023
RPXP: 1432
Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis
Posts: 718
“IC”
right-aligned image


Greyland hearing Aelys sing, Greyland wants to head back to the city. He’s been defeated in his best arena, already. Barely out of sight of Straya. He’s not broken yet though, and vows to redouble his efforts and heal from this defeat.

He fiddles with the lute, tuning it for the outside air and atmosphere in the hopes that he’ll sound better in the future I can hardly sound worse then puts the lute back on his back.



 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 06:43 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
right-aligned image


“The warmest spot in the tent is yours girl!" he said to Aelys as her song settled down the horrid creatures they faced. "They be asking you so best you answer them.”

Ravgor removed his hand from his tunic, deciding he would not need the flute as the lady birds’ aggressive posturing subsided.

“I can guide us off the mountain but don’t know what else may call these ways their hunting grounds. Maybe asking for the safest way down the mountain then?”


He spared a look for Greyland as the man fiddled with his lute. The dark eyes that looked out from under bushy auburn eyebrows had a mix of disappointment and frustration to them.

Tune your lute minstrel and let’s hope that was all it was for I won’t be carrying dead weight into the Forbidden Lands.


”OOC Notes”
Actions: Waiting for Aelys to talk their way out of this.
Damage: -2 to Wits
Willpower: 3

 

Last edited by Palliven; Feb 22nd, 2023 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 03:30 AM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Journey
right-aligned image

The half-elf let herself visibly relax after it seemed that her song had done the trick, and impressed them enough to even give them an answer to a question. She couldn't help but cast aside a smug smirk towards the others before turning her attention back to the flying women. Aelys had considered Ravgor's question, but decided to add a little bit of her own to it. It would be easy enough for these monstrosities to say they way we came is the safeest way down the mountain after all.

"Tell us of a danger on our path in these mountains, and how we might avoid it. We want to settle our sick bones in a resting place of our choice, after all." She called out to the pair with a firm, yet respectable tone.

She didn't expect these two to be clever enough to twist her words in some malicious way to give her bad advice, but she had to make certain to remind them of why some ill people might want to avoid being killed.


 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 07:34 PM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6877
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,910
Dangers
left-aligned image
The airborne duo looked at each other having listened to the woman below, considering her request.

"What you reckon, Mag? The moaning orifice?"

"Haha! Yes, that place is ripe for these people, hehe!"

"Or the southern god's home? There is activity a plenty there these days."

"Oh, wonderful! Maybe they can spread the disease with those awful locals!"

"Or the hamlet of night? That place scares even me hehe!"

"Oh..."

All of a sudden, the feathered creatures stopped their listing of potential dangers around here. They only had to reply with one, right? Oh no, they might have given too much away already. Anyway, the final decision seemed to rest with Mag, given that Krag had done all the earlier thinking. It was such a hard choice though! How would she ever decide? Well, she raised a taloned hand and kind of made the choice randomly.

"Eenie, meanie, miney, moe, harpie, tarty, farty, no!"

Ok, it looked like the hamlet of night, or whatever that was, would be the way forwards. Mag descended a little closer to the waiting trio, but kept a little bit of distance in case the disease the visitors carried... was airborne!

"If you walk southwest for the rest of a day, you'll come across a sweet little hamlet where some people live. It is protected, like a little green glade in a valley. Nice stream they have there too! I wouldn't be going there at night though. Oh no! I tells you, we've both seen it from above. At night... at night... oh the horrors... the dead..."

"Sheesh you're getting too dramatic! We're giving them info, not a whole freak show!"

"Oh yes, sorry. Undead. Ghosts. They walk the place in the dark. The locals there always close their doors at night... whilst zombies walk the streets. Window shopping, or just spooking folks? Who knows! Yes, I'd be careful there."

Mag smiled a little deviously then.

"I mean, the moaning orifice is pretty bad... but that one's more obvious. The hamlet though, its a death trap!"

__________________
UTC +10. Had some RL distractions... but getting back into it!
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands
PLAYER: D&D - Ebonclad - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB