Game Thread Group 2 - Ch2 - The Right Path - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Forbidden Lands
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Apr 19th, 2023, 02:22 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6877
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,910
OOCLovely work! Ok, if you're going into the hole, let me know what kind of preparation you want to do, or make a roll each to assess the approach to get in safely. I mean, of course it is perfectly safe *cough*, but I will need a MOVE roll from everyone on the way in... hehe.
__________________
UTC +10. Had some RL distractions... but getting back into it!
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands
PLAYER: D&D - Ebonclad - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Apr 20th, 2023, 10:18 AM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Hole
right-aligned image

A deep frown came to her lips after hearing that they would have to venture into this terrible hole to find the halfling. She had hoped that they would come across him in a much simpler fashion, dead or alive. Aelys nodded a few times as she pulled up the straps on her pack and addressed her companions. "We've come this far and knew there might be risks. At the very least he's alive, and maybe we'll be able to convince his brother to give us more of a reward while he's overwhelmed by relief. Who knows, there might be something worth taking in there too."

The half-elf was not looking forward to this in the slightest, but she didn't really have much of a choice. What was she going to do? Return with no proof of whether or not they found the brother? If she didn't succeed in this task, she'd never get a job with as good of pay as this one ever again.


OOC
I don't think there's really much preparing she can do. She has a torch she'll use, but she won't be very sneaky unless there's some other bit of light in there she can use instead.


 
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Apr 23rd, 2023, 02:58 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
left-aligned image



Quote:
"We've come this far and knew there might be risks. At the very least he's alive, and maybe we'll be able to convince his brother to give us more of a reward while he's overwhelmed by relief. Who knows, there might be something worth taking in there too."
“There you go lass,” he chuckled happy to see her spirits lifting, even if just slightly. “I doubt orcs would have much worth taking. It’s their way to squat where others build though so there may be gold buried iunder their filth. All we need to do it face whatever drove the orcs away to take it.”

His laugh was deep and rich, his own spirits lifting a bit at the thought of finding treasure in the moaning cave. The idea that is could be dwarf gold, not too farfetched considering the history of Straya, made him smile.

“If I had to wager though, I’d say the tunnels of this cave run deep. There may be roots and mushrooms inside but with the chance we could be in there a day or two, I need to fill my pouch.”

The empty sack hung limp in his hand, flat and twirling by the string as if to make his point. Unfortunately, the hard scrabble rock of the area surrounding the cave gave up no sustenance –
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palliven View Post
Dice * Foraging: Wits (5) - Moutains (-2) = 3:
3d6smch6 1 ✘, 5 ✘, 2 ✘ (0/3) 0⇑ 1⇓ Total = 8
not even roots with any moisture, thistle to chew on or even a fat beetle or two.

”OOC Notes”
Actions: Going to Forage before heading in. (Failed roll)
Damage: None
Willpower: 6
Consumables: Food : Depleted Water: D8

 
__________________
Currently playing : Forbidden Lands
Had a great time playing Outplay 2023

Last edited by Palliven; Apr 23rd, 2023 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Apr 25th, 2023, 06:42 AM
97mg's Avatar
97mg 97mg is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 6877
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Posts: 1,910
Year 1165 - Springrise (early spring season) - Evening Quarter, Day Three

Weather: Clear



A Litchen IntuitionIn recent days, quite a number of Straya's residents had ventured out through the eastern gates of their great dwarven wall. Many just wanted to let their eyes feast on something new, and witness a land no longer enshrouded in demonic and perilous mist. Aside from a change of scenery, their motives were many, and ranged from wishing to scout for new and potential threats to their people, through to greedily lusting for whatever riches might lie beyond Straya's sight. In the west and up the formidable mountain slopes, on the other hand, the number of visitors had been few. The leg-burning incline, the patches of loose and jagged stone, the unpredictable weather near summit's tops, it was all enough to turn off just about anyone. It seemed that fear of the unknown, was preferable to fear of exhaustion and death by exposure. Yes, those who dared wander here were either fools, or most optimistically motivated.

For Ravgor the dwarven practitioner of magic, and Aelys the... well, one had to wonder what exactly her trade might be. An odd-jobber? A scout? Surely she'd not consider the title of "rogue" for herself. Anyway, this pair were of the motivated kind. Lured high by the promise of a great many coins. A reward for finding a missing halfling, if saving a life wasn't enough reward and justification in itself. At last they had a lead, though Aelys might be entitled to a little skepticism. Ravgor had finished some strange form of naked ritual, and according to the dwarf the mountain had "spoken" to him. I guess if someone sat upon you bare-arsed, it was only fair to find out what they really wanted. As it happened, the very stone beneath their feet had offered Ravgor some clarity. The somewhat cryptic words eluded to Piddlelot being down somewhere deep. Given that the duo were right near a dark and ever-moaning hole in the ground, it kind of made sense to start the search there.

Ravgor and Aelys were studying the dark gap in the mountain's hard crusty surface, and probably planning how to descend safely, and how to illuminate their journey within, when they heard footsteps behind them...

***

Not long ago, a lone human woman had come upon the possible remnants of a camp site. It had all the signs of being one of those places of forced rest that weren't properly planned. Her inclination towards observing the natural world and its ways, of course included the weather. Just yesterday, as she'd been mid-climb, a storm front had washed over her like a cold wave of rock-hard precipitation. Further inland, where she stood right now, must have really seen the worst of it. Made sense then for someone to need to camp, even if the remaining evidence was merely some ash caught between stones and a patch of blackened grass.

As she contemplated the possibility that others had ventured this way not so long ago, a most unusual groaning and moaning sound met her ears. Had the direction of the breeze shifted just then? Her face moved to let the air's movement grace both her cheeks. Then, she stepped forwards. It wasn't long before she saw two folks ahead, stood next to what appeared to be some kind of cave, right there in the stone at their feet.


Overhead, the sky was shifting into a somewhat violet hue. Evening had come... and so had... Halinne.


OOCWelcome Woland! I'll leave it up to you folks to decide how well you might know each other. I dare say you'd at least be able to identify each other as being Strayans, and having maybe "seen each other around" at worst. I've left Halinne's motivations for being here open. Some funky litchen or something? A rumor that some flying women had been seen in the skies to Straya's west, and maybe they might know a thing or two about the Blood Mist?

We are currently in "adventure" mode rather than "journeying" (and moving through hexes), so it can remain evening for as long as you need/want it to. You are welcome to meet and greet now, and then we'll work out how and when you'd like to continue exploring the "hole"... if that's still your intention. Who knows, you might want to camp through the night and take a stab at it tomorrow. Up to you! Hehe.

Descending into the hole (when the time comes) requires a MOVE roll. Don't forget that gear can give you extra dice (rope, anyone?), and you can also HELP each other to grant extra dice
__________________
UTC +10. Had some RL distractions... but getting back into it!
GM: Rise of the Redscales - Fraillie Farm - Forbidden Lands
PLAYER: D&D - Ebonclad - Tales from Elystar - The Yondering Lands

Last edited by 97mg; Apr 25th, 2023 at 06:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Apr 25th, 2023, 04:29 PM
Woland Woland is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 820
Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland
Posts: 379
right-aligned image
Halinne loved the rain. The feeling of the drops against her skin, the cold breeze moving through her hair, and the smell of petrichor after at length it had passed: those were all things she treasured. But yesterday's venture had been a foolish one. The lifting of the mist provided exciting new opportunities, and a chance for investigation and foraging unlike any she had had before. But by now she knew that she ought to have curbed her excitement, and temper her eagerness with a dash of prudence, lest she be caught out again.

There were others about, as clearly evidenced by the traces of their camp. This had made her wary, but then again she was hardly unique in setting out from Straya. Others had done so as well, seeking to seize the advantage while it lasted. Still, it was best to be cautious: she had heard tell of strange things seen in the skies, flying women supposedly, though that could not have been true. Had these travelers encountered them, and had they survived?

She thought of such things as she marched on, her clothes slowly drying in the wind, and her curiosity struggled against her caution, until she heard the strange sounds. Then at last her curiosity won, and she approached to investigate, before quickly thinking better of it and seeking with her eyes a place to hide. But it was too late: for they had spotted her as well, though they seemed familiar, perhaps Strayans, a thought that offered a small measure of relief.

Lacking better alternatives, she waved in friendly fashion, hoping that they were not dangerous.

OOCI left things a bit vague, but I am happy to offer some introductions before moving on to the task at hand. Feel free to assume that your PCs know Halinne (as much or as little as you want to); I'll make no assumptions presently about she knowing Ravgor or Aelys well, but perhaps they are just vaguely familiar. Maybe they are still too far for her to see exactly who they are.

In terms of hooks, let's say Halinne was out foraging when she got caught out by the sudden storm that occured earlier, something that will come up in character with a little bit of dialogue, most likely.

Last edited by Woland; Apr 25th, 2023 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Apr 26th, 2023, 05:17 AM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Journey
right-aligned image

The half-elf had her attention split completely between the dwarf's words and the eerie hole before them. She felt as though she had jumped in her own skin at the sight of Halinne after noticing her approach. Aelys was on already on edge, and the sudden approach by someone outside of the hole was certainly unexpected to say the least.

She let out a huff and responded to Halinne's friend wave with a less than friendly tone."Gods, don't approach so silently! You nearly startled me into falling into that hole!" The half-elf squinted at the stranger as she felt as though she had seen her before. After a couple of moments, she spoke up once more after clearly relaxing a bit. "Oh, I know you! You're that woman that tended to my wounds after I jump- I mean after I tripped and fell through my uncle's window when he was out of town. Halinne, wasn't it? I've seen you walk out of Straya a few times, but I never knew you wandered this far."

Aelys started to ponder the possiblities of what use someone like Halinne could be to her. First thing she noticed of course was that the woman had a waterskin on her. Of course there was her ability to tend to wounds. Ravgor already had enough knowledge of mountains and such, but it seemed as though she knew her way around and how to handle herself if she came up this far. Would she even be interested in following them into the hole, or would she simply keep going on her way? There'd only be one way to find out.

The young half-elf spoke up once more as she motioned with her head. "Want to come into this creepy hole with us?"


 

Last edited by smeowlin; Apr 26th, 2023 at 05:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Apr 26th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
right-aligned image


Having finished his miserably unsuccessful attempt to forage from the surrounding are, Ravgor made his way back to the mouth of the cave. Apparently, this horrible feature hidden in the slopes of the mountain was not so hidden. A human woman whose hair was interlaced with flowers and with strands tied about a few small trinkets stood beside Aelys, talking calmly.

What’s this now? For a hidden cave this slice of mountainside is garnering its fair share of attention.

He supposed that the woman could be someone he came across in the streets of Straya the past few weeks. He wouldn’t know though, having paid little attention to those in town that he did not see an immediate use for. It is a hard climb though, one she did alone it seemed, evading the harpies by skill or luck.

Whichever it was, she’s here and that says something about her right there.

The moaning of the cave was enough to fill the ears so the dwarf made a point of stomping hard and rattling his axe so as not to sneak up on this newcomer.

“You find friends this high on the slopes Aelys?” he asked his traveling companion. “Or has she come seeking you from town far below?”

He wouldn’t have been surprised if the new woman had come to settle a score with the quick fingered and fleet footed Aelys but the way they talked it seemed unlikely. Still, best to keep everyone on their toes and unsure of where his thoughts were.

”OOC Notes”
Actions:
Damage: None
Willpower: 6
Consumables: Food : Depleted Water: D8

 
__________________
Currently playing : Forbidden Lands
Had a great time playing Outplay 2023
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Apr 27th, 2023, 04:29 AM
Woland Woland is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 820
Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland
Posts: 379
Halinne
right-aligned image
After nearing the pair, Halinne recognized the half-elf. Aelys' words soon confirmed what she also recalled, and though she could not quite remember the dwarf's name, his face was vaguely familiar. The discovery reassured her: presently, she had no reason to suspect their intentions, and she was neither mistrustful or paranoid enough by nature, and so nothing seemed amiss to her.

She turned to Aelys first, and offered a wide smile and a short answer: "Of course!" she said jokingly, before realizing that what Aelys had proposed had not been said in jest at all. Then the smile faded from her lips, and she looked towards the gaping blackness with wide, examining eyes. "Wait... are you serious?" she said to the both of them, facing at times them and at times the opening. It looked ominous and foreboding... but then again, if another storm was coming their way, they'd need shelter-she did not care to repeat yesterday's misadventure. And though the weather was clear at present, she knew how quickly it could shift in these tempestuous mountains.

To break the ice, after a brief pause, she turned to the dwarf. She'd need to introduce herself sooner or later. "I am Halinne, the druid's apprentice. I am afraid that I ventured too far yesterday, foraging for herbs, when I was caught in the storm. Are you heading back to Straya? Perhaps we could all return together."

She looked to Aelys, who presumably knew her name, so instead of that, she offered again a small and slightly awkward smile.

Last edited by Woland; Apr 27th, 2023 at 04:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Apr 27th, 2023, 12:49 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
right-aligned image


Squinting, more wrinkles added around his eyes as he did so, he looked over the human woman. Taller than most he’d seen but just as scrawny. Her hesitation at the thought of entering the Moaning Cave was understandable but not reassuring to the dwarf. Having made it here on her own he was hoping there was courage in her heart, or at least a fire of curiosity that could be molded to be useful to him.

I’ve made do with less. She may have the right bones for this, not much to lose if I’m wrong.

“Halinne,” he said warmly as he walked up to her, wiping his hands on the cloth of his quilted linen shirt before reaching it out to take hers. “I am Ravgor and it seems you know Aelys already. You are lucky to be standing here, venturing afar in these mountains can be dangerous. An apprentice you say? Perhaps it’s best to make your way back to Straya before dark before your master gets cross. I’ve a few scars myself from making my master cross in my wilder days.”

He paused there to see her reaction to his dismissive comments, hoping to see a little steel from the newcomer.

”OOC Notes”
Actions:
Damage: None
Willpower: 6
Consumables: Food : Depleted Water: D8

 
__________________
Currently playing : Forbidden Lands
Had a great time playing Outplay 2023
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Apr 27th, 2023, 10:10 PM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Journey
right-aligned image

Aelys did wonder for a bit just how Halinne managed to stumble upon them, but she didn't take the druid's apprentice for the sort to be after their reward or to be after them for some sort of devious reasonin. In fact, the half-elf thought perhaps she could see what sort of woman she was. While they had met before, the thief didn't really know her all that well.

The half-elf spoke with a more sober tone as she tried to explain the situation. "If you wish to remain here and wait for us before traveling back, you can. There's a lost halfling in there. Perhaps wounded, most likely frightened out of his wits. We've come here to rescue him, or at least do our best."



 
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Apr 28th, 2023, 01:19 AM
Woland Woland is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 820
Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland
Posts: 379
Halinne
right-aligned image
Halinne listened to the gruff dwarf's stern words, and her reaction was to simply think this: "He is trying to be rid of me!" Instantly, she grew more than a little suspicious of him, though she did not show it. Instead, she kept that courteous smile on her face, but under her skull her mind was working, trying to connect the dots.

Obviously, she had stumbled upon two treasure-hunters, and she guessed that there was something precious in that hole, or at least that is what the dwarf-Ravgor-must have believed.

The half-elf was, thankfully, more amicable and more forthcoming, and her words quickly made it clear that the dots she had connected were not even there to begin with... but still, the eagerness by which the dwarf had tried to dismiss her left her with a taste of mistrust. Now was her turn to reply, and she knew that she ought to choose her words carefully, lest she make him even more suspicious.

"A traveler in danger? Then we must at least try to rescue him. And besides," she added, "...night will come in a few hours, and I do not fancy hiking alone in the dark, and if there comes another storm, I'd rather be in than out.

Could I join you? I could be of some use, and if your halfling is elsewhere, then we can decide what to do about it in the morning, and we could yet part ways and I will bother you no more."


She turned to the dwarf, who, she guessed, would prove the harder to convince: "Not that I wish to impose upon you-it is your hole, after all."


OOCI'm happy to try and explore the hole, though my Move rating is rubbish, so if someone else wants to go ahead I'm happy to have Halinne follow. Or, if folks prefer to continue the chat, I can and am happy to

Last edited by Woland; Apr 28th, 2023 at 01:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old May 1st, 2023, 02:58 AM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Journey
right-aligned image

The half-elf was unprepared for just how ready Halinne was to help some stranger in danger inside of a bizarre, horrifying hole. Perhaps she had some ulterior motive that was yet to be seen. No one was that good of a person. Still, she couldn't be picky if she wanted to bolster their odds in coming out of this thing alive.

Aelys looked to see the dwarf's reaction. Would he be less trusting and push her away even more? She lifted her shoulders in a shrug. "Well I'd like it if you came along with us. The more the merrier, or so they say."

Of course the thief wouldn't mind if the druid decided to leave after the rescue. One less person to split the reward with after all. But if it came down to it, she realized she couldn't collect a reward if they died in this miserable hole.


OOCI'm pretty sure Ravgor has rope, so someone came compared at least!


 
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old May 3rd, 2023, 08:17 PM
Palliven's Avatar
Palliven Palliven is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 3054
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Could I join you? I could be of some use, and if your halfling is elsewhere, then we can decide what to do about it in the morning, and we could yet part ways and I will bother you no more." She turned to the dwarf, who, she guessed, would prove the harder to convince: "Not that I wish to impose upon you-it is your hole, after all."
right-aligned image


“Not mine lass, belongs to the mountain. I say if you could make it up here by yourself you shouldn’t slow us down as we look for the fella.”
Pulling one of the straps on his bag loose Ravgor took out a coiled length of thick rope, set it on the ground then cinched his pack up again. Throwing the bag over one shoulder he took a few steps towards the cave entrance before turning to Aelys and Halinne.

Deferring the MOVE roll to Aelys since Ravgor’s Agility is pretty low “Best to walk in there. Take care where you put your feet down.” Holding out the rope he had taken out he continued. “If you need this, take it. Just be sure any rock you tie it to isn’t sharp enough to cut it.”

”OOC Notes”
Actions: Following Aelys inside
Damage: None
Willpower: 6
Consumables: Food : Depleted Water: D8

 
__________________
Currently playing : Forbidden Lands
Had a great time playing Outplay 2023

Last edited by Palliven; May 3rd, 2023 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old May 3rd, 2023, 10:28 PM
Woland Woland is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 820
Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland Woland
Posts: 379
Halinne
right-aligned image
Halinne nodded in understanding and quickly set out to work. "It may be easier if I ready the rope," she said to Ravgor and Aelys, adding: "...if not for you, then for those of us who are not as athletically gifted." Aelys looked lithe and svelte; of all three of them, she seemed like the one best inclined for tasks like the one ahead of them.

With their permission (if it was granted), she took the rope, and started making knots at regular intervals as she unfolded the coil-such knots could prove useful stoppers, hand-holds or foot-rests if the descent proved long or arduous. It was a simple and repetitive task, one that allowed her mind to focus on other things easily. As she engaged in it in a nigh-meditative manner, she thought of all the books she had read and tales she had heard, trying to recall if there was anything in her memories about this mountain-side, and if any of them made mention of a hole or a cavern. Even rumors, legends or superstitions could prove useful: there was often a grain of truth to them.

OOCWith regards to mechanics, Halinne is taking two actions-in the fiction, I tried to describe how they are simultaneous, but if that's frowned upon, then at the GM's discretion one can be chosen over the other (I don't really mind which).
1. Help by tying knots in the rope, as described-will hopefully give Aelys a bonus die (to add to that from Ravgor's rope). As far as I understand, no roll is required for this.
2. Rolling Wits & Lore to see if she recalls anything about this place. Because we can't have dice of different colors, consider the first 4 to be from her wits pool, and the last from her lore. I'll add the check in the Dice Room and edit this with the result.

Edit: If I understand the rules correctly, it's 2 successes after pushing-no idea if that generates Willpower, though. Probably not (no 1s rolled)?

Last edited by Woland; May 3rd, 2023 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old May 4th, 2023, 11:33 PM
smeowlin's Avatar
smeowlin smeowlin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Posts: 599
The Journey
right-aligned image

Aelys peered down the hole as the druid prepared the rope. She couldn't really see anything yet, but she didn't want to just drop down a torch and have it land in some water or something after that storm. She tried to push any thoughts of creepy monstrosities reaching their hands out to grab at her as she nodded towards the others.

The half-elf rubbed her hands together before getting a hold on the rope after it had been tied off. She was fairly confident she would have no issues descending it as she was no stranger to climbing buildings and the like. She started off her descent slowly, moving bit by bit as the darkness consumed her sight.

In the middle of her descent, one of the strange noises filled her ears and her imagination ran wild. It's right next to me! It's going to grab me! Whatever "it" in her mind was, her fear got the best of her as she lost her grip on the rope, tumbling down into the darkness below.


 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB