Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Desperate Times for Darkness
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 20th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Ok Frag, I thought long and hard about it and I think your race idea will work the best. Making it contagious is not that big of a deal. It is a tough nut to crack without putting you at a disadvantage or an unfair advantage compared to your comrades. So, carry on with what you have, don't worry about burning the feat to get rid of the contagious nature of lycanthropy. You can say that your ancestors are humans and wolves bound together through ancient magic and some crazed druids. Your race is extremely rare and there are only a handful of pacts that you know of.

I am bending the rules and letting you use CHA instead of WIS.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 12:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Yay! Now we just need an air supply in the doggy carrier, and we're all good.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26543
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Yay! You can still wrestle with Tira (she's a disease carrier too).

Sheet done. 67 gp left. Phew. Buying equipment is always the most stressful part of making a PC for me. Not sure why... but I got a couple wands that may need the touch of a great cleric or sorcerer at times before or after a fight. Tira LOVES having people around that help out (it's so much easier than having to kill and subjugate strangers that are good at dying). Yay for Group Fun Under-achieving Kill Smash! (F#ks)
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Well, technically you have 0gp left. Whatever you don't spend you lose. Are you sure there is nothing else that you want?
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13027
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Well at least I don't feel so bad anymore about my horrible hp rolls.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2368
Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
damn forgot potions :-x forgot our cleric doesn't heal :-p
I thought about that, too. So I picked up a wand of cure light wounds for emergency situations and a ring of sustenance So he'll only need two hours of downtime before revamping the spell list.

He is also lawful evil, and his God has ordered him to work with the party, so I specifically took channel smite to try and avoid mass channelling the party into an early grave.

What I need know is to figure out what Huspantas' favored weapon is. I like the spiked chain that the God of pain gets in the pathfinder pantheon given the overlap in domains. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 02:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01

2100 gp left, minus whatever the pillows and blankets cost. He's used up Clothing, Amulet, and Glove.
-----------
What I need know is to figure out what Huspantas' favored weapon is. I like the spiked chain that the God of pain gets in the pathfinder pantheon given the overlap in domains. Any thoughts?

Were the game a modern one, it would clearly be a chainsaw.

More seriously, I'm envisioning a scythe with a barbed, serrated edge. Something that would really get stuck in the person and make you ȳ͚͎̰̻̠̹̘a̳͚͚n̯͈̤ͣͪ̊̅͑̃k̥̥ͩͯ̀̾ it out. Kinda like the sword in the spoiler button, but scythelike.
EDIT: Found the finished picture. Has more greebles on the hilt.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Jan 20th, 2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Well, technically you have 0gp left. Whatever you don't spend you lose. Are you sure there is nothing else that you want?
Doh! Will grab a potion and... somethings...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plodi View Post
I thought about that, too. So I picked up a wand of cure light wounds for emergency situations and a ring of sustenance So he'll only need two hours of downtime before revamping the spell list.

What about a long or short bow with some poison arrows? He's a god that works from the shadows, right? A ranged weapon may be appropriate too.

I grabbed a wand of infernal healing Felt more thematic than CLW. And after combat, that's 10 hp heal guarranteed. (1/rd for a min) Don't forget to keep including Tira in your channel bursts, if you can!

Honestly, I can see Tira getting on with everyone in this group! It's too much work to find new allies anyways
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 10:17 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Could ya'll review my character sheet make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Character Sheet for Ulciscor

Last edited by Khalil; Jan 23rd, 2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2368
Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl11 View Post
Anyone that wants to use fear type effects/spells, fill your boots! With Aura of Despair, anyone around Tira takes -4 to the saves and loses any immunity they may have had to it....
Let me re-work my spell list here. That's going to mean that anyone near Tira has to save a DC16 cause Fear with a -4 penalty...so...effectively a DC20 save on a first level spell.

Better use it now before we stop facing sub-5hd enemies completely...if we haven't already. Or let me know if there are any fear effect spells in the lvl 2 or 3 lists I'm not aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl11
I grabbed a wand of infernal healing Felt more thematic than CLW. And after combat, that's 10 hp heal guaranteed. (1/rd for a min) Don't forget to keep including Tira in your channel bursts, if you can!
Between the two of us, we should (hopefully) be able to keep the party alive...right...RIGHT!!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl11
What about a long or short bow with some poison arrows? He's a god that works from the shadows, right? A ranged weapon may be appropriate too.
Seems like there's a range of options here. I see Marrik as more of the melee type, tho - you can't appreciate pain from a distance like you can up close. There's no substitute for Huspantas' ambrosia - the salty tears of those who fail in the crucible. Plus, and this may be a waste of coin, I really see him with one signature adamantine weapon - no backup weapon - playing battlefield control with touch spells and channel smites.

I'm still waiting to buy the as yet to be named weapon, but I'm essentially finished. Depending on how much the weapon costs I could have a touch more to burn through. But other than that, Marrik should be good to go.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plodi View Post
Between the two of us, we should (hopefully) be able to keep the party alive...right...RIGHT!!?!
Tira doesn't have the spellcasting ability... so she can't help you there. Dread Vanguard loses that for another aura. I can give everyone within 30' +1 AC, +1 hit, +1 dmg, +1 save vs fear (allies) annnnnd... I thought there was something else. Oh, ignore hardness. Sunder anyone? It's costs me a use of touch of corruption but lasts for a minute. Antipaladin has crappy spells anyways. This ability gets better as the years and levels go by to. Lvl 8 it gives fast healing 3.

UNLESS people have the necromantic affinity so they can be healed by negative energy. Becuase then I can hit with channel energy AND touch of corruption to heal. Of course, Tira IS a bit self-absorbed so I'd rely more on the channel than using touches. And if no one has any of that... then you (cleric or maybe sorcerer too) can use that wand occasionally... ? Sorry, the archtype is made to be the head of an army of evil with great power and resistance and self support - but not much else. She's likely not going to be the person anyone wants to stand next to if neg energy hurts you. Or a big two-handed +1 keen sword. Or touches of corruption with cruelties. Or selfish and callus remarks.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Liskart has no reason to be attuned with necromancy. He just met you people.

However, I did spend 750 gp on a Wand of Cure Light Wounds for the cleric to hold. The spells are technically on his spell list, so he can cast it from the stick.
"Here! I found this on that guy I ate. Is it any good?"
"No, no, it's nothing important. Better... give it to me for safekeeping. Yes."

24.52 gp left to spend, so give some recommendations. I could get a guinea pig to be the raccoon's best friend.

Tira, I think your speed should be 20. Full plate and such.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Jan 20th, 2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
Yup, it's on there under the armor, I think! If she's not wearing it, then it's 30. EDIT - moved it up for you. If you see anything else that needs fixing, let me know!

EDIT: Khalil - looks good man! Only comment is that I think we need to pay for masterwork for +1 weapons too... another 300 gp usually.

Last edited by Jarl11; Jan 20th, 2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hah! Joke's on you. Amulet of Mighty Fists isn't a weapon, so it doesn't need masterwork. It just costs... twice... as much...

Bah!
Old Jan 20th, 2015, 07:03 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the review Jarl. The mastework cost is already included in the adamantine cost. I wanted a mithril falchion but somehow it was more expensive than the adamantine. Weird.