Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
LOL... not nice :-p
Old Jan 25th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26543
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Just having fun. Like I'm sure Tira will be doing with the serious rogue. And when I come across some good book of the dead type stuff, will ensure to pass it along!
Old Jan 29th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13027
On vacation I'll post when I can.
Old Jan 29th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
Good try, Plodi! What ARE we actually doing? Personally, I don't care if we do an ambush or if we try and build catapults to shoot ourselves farther north. However, if we aren't flexible with our PCs to some extent and come to work as a semblance of a team, then this game won't go anywhere. Unless we split up. Or just wait where we are until the DM does something to make us act. Or fight it out. Which I am also ok with. Lol.

Never seen an evil game go anywhere if the players don't bend or twist the alignment/conduct of their PCs to fit the game and each other. Everyone can't be silent and / or uncompromising in any team environment, including PbP. That doesn't really work. This isn't solo style Outplay or a popularity contest where you make a stand on imaginary principles just to mess with the rest of the players.

So... what does everyone WANT to do?
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2368
Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi
Jarl11 is right. Let's move this discussion out of character for a moment, because we're spinning our wheels in game.

I would recommend that we all get on the same page in terms of storyline first. We're a diverse group of characters - all extremely independent - that have been forced together and tasked by a divine power. So it is up to us to figure out how to use that as motivation - or find other suitable motivation - to get our characters moving in a productive direction.

I'm not calling anyone out here. This is a general statement. If a character isn't inspired to work together based on the intro, we have to find an impetus for that character to stay with the party - otherwise, that character's 'wants' would ultimately lead to desertion - which isn't unreasonable in story terms, but isn't practical for RPG gaming.

My read on the situation is that at fifth level, we're not ready to take on Bisabu's stronghold. So we can reasonably assume we'll have to complete multiple side quests as building blocks to a larger story arc that ends with us at the city of Bisabu. If that is the case, then we accept a certain aspect of linear motion to the story. In this way, all we have to do is give the DM an opening and we'll get story content.

I think that would ultimately also happen by standing on the side of the road bickering. But the encounter might not go so smoothly for us in that case, as strange as it would seem in game. My OOC vote would be to pick a direction and start walking - based on the expectation that we would find a town at some point or at least not look so out of place when we met NPCs as we would if we just stand on the side of the road.

But ultimately - this is just the first step. Evil games won't go anywhere if the players can't find either 1) common motivation for common cause or 2) varied motivation for a common cause. Marrik's character assumes common motivation - service for Huspantas. But that doesn't mean everyone has to have the same motivation. To keep our evil game moving, the motivation could be anything: Huspantas, Money, Glory, Revenge, whatever; as long as it allows for common cause.
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 02:21 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Hey what's up! Sorry I haven't joined the discussion. Currently on vacation in San Francisco. Hey I can totally agree with what both of you are saying. And even though Ulciscor is a loner he has worked with other bandits and highwaymen before.

OOC my intent is to get more information on the city itself. In particular to see if there is any events, news, etc that our characters could use. Not sure if you noticed but our characters are pretty distinct. As in we stand out. The way I see it is we need to keep a low profile as much as possible. So uniforms I would say is out. Merrik may need to hide his holy symbol much to his dismay. We can be on the road but we need a believable story.

If it is the mercenary thing. That is fine, I could see how a war god's city would be looking for mercenaries. But is there anything else going on we can use to our advantage. As so far we still don't know which way the city is. But we do know this road is well travelled. Eventually someone will pass by.
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Solid in-game post, Khalil. Here's my OOC proposition:

We need two things to get going: 1) info about our current location. 2) info about our destination

I think we can get the first from travelers, but if they don't have a map, we'll still be S.O.L. What we need is to talk to travelers and also find a town. And while we may get the first standing still, we won't get the second. So let's pick a direction and start walking. We'll find people and a town eventually.

Also, I seriously doubt we get to bisabu's city any time soon. Given Pen's map and where we are starting, it'll be a long trip, so we'll have time to make up a credible tale.

That said, Khalil's point about sticking out on the road or in other towns is well taken. But a halforc, human, dog trio won't stand out too much. And we can make up a story for the three of us. Tira can pull down her face guard, and puck can pull his hood down. Ultimately though, we can't let this one thing bog us down. Even if our cover is a bit thin, we can still sell it with diesel role play.

And don't worry about Marrik. His high wisdom will allow him to see sense through his low int zealotry. He'll hide the holy symbol of necessary.

Last edited by Plodi; Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 11:08 AM

Tools
User Statistics
For some reason I thought we were closer to the city. My apologies. Just read that we are all the way to the west.
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
Ya, I couldn't understand why you thought we would suddenly run into the city gates. Figured it was RP of some sort.

As for the uniforms, that was just a joke - and possibly an ongoing one. Tira is intelligent but has negatives for wisdom. She doesn't pick up on some social cues and I was RPing that she finds that a great idea. It also didn't hurt that it was easily bugging Ulciscor. She is CE.

Her motivation is her god, and she will not actually attack anyone. I can manipulate her to work with a team no problem, but she won't react well to ultimatum type self declared authority. I mean, she IS an antipaladin. Think evil knight that respects strength and honor. Just evil honor. Still, she respects a code to some degree.

So saying things like "that is a no go" or "I won't do that" is not very compromising or team effective. How about instead of trying to impose decisions, we pretend to have a healthy, if unknown, respect for the dark gods other chosen and give their opinions some consideration?

So far we have one wanting to stay, one suggesting we walk. I also vote we keep walking and let the dark lord chose the direction. lol. 2 more to vote...?
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 01:09 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah it's my bust. Thought we were in that little tree spot swarm of the city.
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
All good, buddy! That's why we talk
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
True that, Jarl11. Once Fragmaster and Togot weigh in, we'll be on our way to gelling as an evil group. Once that happens, we'll be bad@$$. Count on it.
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Liskart is a good follower. He is currently trying to shove, because nothing is happening, but he's generally happy no matter what you do.

So my personal vote: DM give the game a shove. I end up doing this occasionally in my games when things stall. It doesn't quite flow thematically, but everyone is happier for it. Basically, the DM steps in and says "Okay, this option has the most people interested, so suddenly it happens." Either you get to the next stop in where you're going, or your investigation skips forward several hours, or...

That sort of thing.
Old Jan 30th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6030
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Puck will basically go with whatever the bigger people with weapons decide to do. Right now, He's staying out of the way while they figure that out amongst themselves. Unless he is certain a plan will result in his death, he probably won't speak up about it. if he has an idea how to do something, he'll probably voice it depending on the situation. He's a guy who survived by going unnoticed by others, so he's in no hurry to argue with people that could hurt him if they strongly disagree or decide he needs to be put in his place.