Story Reboot: A Journey into Darkness - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Desperate Times for Darkness
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Apr 18th, 2015, 06:22 AM
Gath's Avatar
Gath Gath is offline
Read It With A Smile!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 27th, 2021
RPXP: 29590
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
Posts: 27,618
right-aligned image
As the group came to a halt and investigated their mysterious map, Puck commented, jokingly, his doubt that beautiful, buxom women would appear as suddenly and mysteriously as the map he’d pulled out of his cloak.

It was at this very moment that Sarvari was shunted out into the material plane in a puff of shadow, the tendrils of darkness lingering only a moment before retreating back into the underworld. Sarvari was indeed a beautiful woman, buxom and not quite naked. Black feathered wings sprouted from her back and a cloak of long dark feathers draped down around her shoulders and cascading down the back of her body. Her armor was pale, studded leather that appeared too thin to be effective, not like the normal hide that was used for leather armor. There was something graceful but malevolent about this armor, like the creature it was made from was quite exotic.

The woman was almost as pale as her armor, covered in ritual tattoos and several piercings. When she saw the group before her, she spread her wings and with a few powerful thrusts she was airborne.

”Greetings, chosen,” she began in a deep, booming voice. ”Shaktol has the right of it. East is the direction you seek. Ulcisor, Puck, and Liskart, I have been watching you for some time. I am tasked with aiding you on your quest.”

”I am Sarvari, servant of Huspantus. And I believe that there is an ambush awaiting us in the bushes yonder.” And with that the woman drew her longbow and readied an arrow.
__________________
1.1.20 - Reevaluating self. Attempting to learn and grow.
Painting the sky with butterflies and giants, a little boy dragon found a balloon in the sun.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Apr 18th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2021
RPXP: 6030
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,931
Puck stared awestruck at the woman, then smiled ear to ear. "Unholy crap, I can't believe that actually worked."
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Apr 19th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 26th, 2021
RPXP: 13027
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 9,157
Ulciscor
left-aligned image

Ulciscor stared at the winged demon woman wide eyed and jaw agape. He then looked at Puck and back to the woman. Ignoring the warning of the ambush Ulcoscor looks up into the sky and raises his hands. Gold! Lot's of gold, we're gonna need that too!

With his hands up in the air in a supplicant manner he waited to see if anything would fall out of the sky. After a moment the highwayhalf-orc gave a disappointed look all around. Then he looked to the new comer Sarvari. You wouldn't have happen to been sent with a huge sack of gold, eh? He then shrugged with a disappointed look on his face.

Finally acknowledging the tidbit of warning the woman had brought Ulciscor bit. How many are in this Ambush and where ahead exactly are they at?





__________________
Working on updates!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 01:28 AM
Pendragon's Avatar
Pendragon Pendragon is offline
Pendragons at Work
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Posts: 4,850
From around the bend you hear the heavy steps of a pair of Orcs, along with the clank of their bone and metal decorations. They do not seem to care about the stealth that their comrades, a trio of elven druids would likely appreciate. As soon as they spot you they stop in their tracks, their eyes lifted to the black shadow in the sky. Likely the first time any of them have seen a strix in the flesh.

"It is the chosen!" an Orc blurts in common, froth flying from his fanged mouth. He reaches behind his back and looses a massive axe from his back, gripping it in his large calloused hands.

The other Orc nods and does the same. The elves on the other hand stand transfixed by the Strix.

OOCThere are a few initiative rolls that needed to be rolled, but I rolled a 1, so your party goes first.
__________________
Have you signed up for 2020+ yet? You get to live the same year over with more chaos sprinkles! Now available in peanut butter black licorice scent!
Oath Taken, again. Click here to learn more.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 10:30 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2021
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,641
left-aligned image
"The chosen? Which one is the chosen? I don't think it's me." Liskart would never be the chosen one. He's far too... well, some things aren't polite to say in a public setting. Regardless, he wanders forward with a doofy grin. "Hi!" There is a scraggly, unimposing werewolf wandering your way, waving and smiling. Will you be his friend?
 

OOC
Dice Init:
1d20+4 (19)+4 Total = 23
Initiative is 23
Dice Attack:
1d20+9 (6)+9 Total = 15
Dice BLG Damage:
1d8+6 (4)+6 Total = 10
Ready action attack if someone tries to hurt him. Otherwise, he moves to 20 feet away from them.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 10:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 11:21 PM
Gath's Avatar
Gath Gath is offline
Read It With A Smile!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 27th, 2021
RPXP: 29590
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
Posts: 27,618
Sarvari targeted the orc who spoke to them and loosed an arrow that lodged into his thigh. It did not deal any damage of note, but the tip was sticky and black and a numbness began to spread out from the wound.

”Yes, we are the chosen, and we shall tear through your mortal flesh and leave only bones for your kin to ponder… Prepare to have your souls devoured!”



 
__________________
1.1.20 - Reevaluating self. Attempting to learn and grow.
Painting the sky with butterflies and giants, a little boy dragon found a balloon in the sun.

Last edited by Gath; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 02:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 12:48 AM
kedcoleman's Avatar
kedcoleman kedcoleman is offline
Sauceror Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 6th, 2019
RPXP: 11800
kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman
Posts: 7,458
Shaktol snarls, seeing the orcs and elves moving up the roadway. They've clearly spotted the party. He doesn't care. He smacks a bare fist against his chest and spits on the ground. A look of murderous intent locks onto his face as he marches out into the roadway. He stops. Draws a deep breath.

"KNEEL BEFORE SHAKTOL ZUUL!" He bellows, pointing a finger towards the adversaries. "OR THE GROUND SHALL RUN SLICK WITH YOUR BLOOD AND ENTRAILS!" He punches his chest again, and roars at the oncoming group.

ActionsMove: to O4
Standard: Total Defense (+4 dodge bonus to AC)
__________________
It's a god-awful small affair
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 01:40 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 26th, 2021
RPXP: 13027
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 9,157
Ulciscor
left-aligned image

Ulciscor was usually the one doing the ambushing, so the scene felt awkward to him. So this is what it feels to be on the other side of the blade... He mulled thoughtfully. The others he saw charging out to meet the challenge. To tell the truth Ulciscor too wanted to draw some blood as it had been only a few days since he had done so. But something was odd about what the ambushers had said. Sarvari had picked up on the words, but did she truly understand what it meant...

We are expected... An epiphany that did not mean well for the group or its mission.

Quickly Ulciscor drew out his falchion as he moved. The half-orc tried to judge how comfortable his others companions were in battle. The hobgoblin and the half-fiend seemed more than happy to meet up the challenge. The wolf girl however... Does she even know what is going on? Ulciscor could not help but get a chuckle out of the furry one.

Come on red one. Let's see what fill these corpses' pockets. He beckoned at Puck.

Instead of charging though Ulciscor followed suit with Skatol's actions and waited. Soooo how exactly did you two uglies find out about us?




 


Quick Combat Stats
HP: 34/34
AC: 24 Touch: 19 Flat: 15
Saves: F+3, R+9, W+2

__________________
Working on updates!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 08:10 AM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2021
RPXP: 6030
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,931
"
Dice initiative:
d20+7 (18)+7 Total = 25
Awe man, do we have to?"
Puck says with a sigh. He moving to O-8moves up, but unlike the others, he stays in the foliage. He looks at the bandits and says in a friendly voice. "Ya see, I'm not really into violence, so what do you say we take a nice casting sleep on B-3. Will save DC 14 or fall asleep. affects 4hd of creatures, lowest hit die affected firstnap and solve this peacefully?"
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Apr 25th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Pendragon's Avatar
Pendragon Pendragon is offline
Pendragons at Work
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Posts: 4,850
The enemy begins advancing. The Orc that shouted (Blue Star) barely seemed to notice the arrow that struck him in the leg, as him and his companion make their way forward. The vapor of Puck's spell swirled around the enemy for a moment, but none seemed to notice or be affected at all by it. The use of magic seemed to annoy the elves the most, two of whom moved forward swinging stones in their slings (Orange and Green), taking aim at the Tiefling. Their stones find homes in the tiefling, one smacking him hard upside the head, causing blood to flow from a deep gash on the right side of his scalp, the other slams into his chest resulting in a painful crack. (8 Damage to Puck)

The other Druid chants to herself and a moment later the road is a mass of roots and spikes. (Marked on Map, DC17 Reflex)
 


Seeing the spikes raise from the earth the Orcs stop short of attacking Liskart.
__________________
Have you signed up for 2020+ yet? You get to live the same year over with more chaos sprinkles! Now available in peanut butter black licorice scent!
Oath Taken, again. Click here to learn more.

Last edited by Pendragon; Apr 25th, 2015 at 01:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Apr 25th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2021
RPXP: 6030
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,931
"OUCH!" The tiefling cries. He reaches up and touches the blood running down the side of his head. "OK, yeah, screw this." He makes a gesture and says, "Casting invisibilityNow you see me, now you don't."
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Apr 25th, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Apr 26th, 2015, 12:50 AM
kedcoleman's Avatar
kedcoleman kedcoleman is offline
Sauceror Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 6th, 2019
RPXP: 11800
kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman
Posts: 7,458
Shaktol snarls as the thick, ropey vines sprout up around him. He aggressively swipes his bladed gauntlet in an arc in front of him, severing several of the deadly growths. The hobgoblin steps back, razor sharp thorns raking across his legs. He winces and limps painfully, then shakes his head, focusing on his anger, not the pain. He moves - slowly - around the hedge of thorns, blood dripping on the road. "That's just about enough from you," He digs his feet into the ground and lunges forward. "I already died once today. There is nothing you can do that can frighten me!" He pushes through the pain, the blood, and drives his bladed fist towards the elf's sternum

Mechanics
Dice Reflex Save:
1d20+3sch17 (9)+3 Total = 12


Dice Damage:
1d4 2


Free Action: Trigger Quick Runner's Shirt - gain a free Move action (1/day)

Free Move Action: to O2

Full-Round Action: Charge to H3, attack Purple Druid (+2 attack, -2 AC)
Dice Attack v Purple:
1d20+12sch20 (15)+12 Total = 27
→ 1d8+5g (2)+5 Total = 7


__________________
It's a god-awful small affair

Last edited by kedcoleman; Apr 26th, 2015 at 01:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Apr 26th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 26th, 2021
RPXP: 13027
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 9,157
Ulciscor
Ulciscor watches the battle with a smile of contempt in his face. Who were these fools that would dare come at two demon looking fellows and two beastly sized half-orc and hobgoblin. His falchion he twirled in his hand as he re-felt the weight of it. The blade though stopped mid-flight when the unnatural growth stopped him in his tracks. He saw the druids launch their attack and he could not help but to grin at the red ones misfortune with the primitive weapons.

Haha! He laughed but then he was again cut short as the man disappeared. Guess we'll have to do all the work ourselves, ugly. He shouted at Shaktol. Ulciscor made his way around the hazardous terrain and again set himself up. As he made his way though he stopped short and examined to see how skillful Shaktol really was...



 

Quick Combat Stats
HP: 34/34
AC: 20 Touch: 15 Flat: 15
Saves: F+3, R+9, W+2

__________________
Working on updates!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Apr 28th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2021
RPXP: 9129
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,641
left-aligned image

The plants were getting all huggy, but Liskart didn't get it. He didn't get a lot of things, but that's okay. He's special in his own way. That said, these people were acting violent, which meant it was okay to be violent back. "Cmere you." He calmly wandered up to one of the elves, and gave him a great big hug. This usually broke people's spines, mind you, but that was their fault.
 

 
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Apr 29th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Gath's Avatar
Gath Gath is offline
Read It With A Smile!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 27th, 2021
RPXP: 29590
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
Posts: 27,618
Sarvari hung in the air seething in hatred and disgust at the appearance of the orcs and elves. That she was out of reach of their spells and swords was the only thing keeping her from retreating altogether. She was displeased that her arrow had no effect. Unfortunately her second attack was just as ineffectual. Apparently she was not going to be notable for her combat prowess. Still, if her hatred could be used as an area effect the entire clearing would be a roiling swamp of black deathblade poison. The strix breathed in trough her nose as she searched for the stench of the dreaded deadly poison, but she did not feel the familiar burn from when she was working with it. This was disheartening as it meant that her idle fantasy of seeing everyone rolling around in that inky black death had not come to fruition. Perhaps someday things would change for her. Some day she would be able to end countless lives in a fail swoop. But today was not that day, so she rose higher and retreated slightly from the encounter. If she could not kill anyone, there was no reason for her to endanger herself at all.


 
__________________
1.1.20 - Reevaluating self. Attempting to learn and grow.
Painting the sky with butterflies and giants, a little boy dragon found a balloon in the sun.

Last edited by Gath; Apr 29th, 2015 at 11:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB