Game Thread Grave Robbers?? - Page 17 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #241  
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:09 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
dwarf peering over to the edge of the blade that set on his shoulder, gives a sigh and holds out his hands. So be it, but live with the knowledge that your interference has killed me, if not by the church then by my curse. With this he goes silent offering no resistance to you.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #242  
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
After tying his hands, he lets Shen take him up the stairs, "Hey, tell the story to the courts. If there really is something down here that can save your life, and they really are your family, then I doubt they will charge you with much. And if you set up a legitimate search of this place, offering your ancestors treasures as payment for assistance..? Well, thats not grave robbing, its archeology..."

"But honestly, I doubt the cure is here. Life isn't that kind..
." he says, simply.

Gesturing for silence, Selte then gestures for Shen to precede them in case the guards somehow got free. He moves with his blade drawn upward, peeking out carefully.

Assuming the guards, with both hands and feet tied, are still secure he aid them in standing and the trio head toward the entrance, avoiding the Mimic room.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; May 5th, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
  #243  
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:33 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
The dwarf remains silent as bind is hands and take him towards the stairs. Having Shen climb the stairs first to watch for the two tied and bound men, you come to an unfortunate surprise. One man, the ruder of the two is gone. His bindings cut and laying on the ground, the second man, the one whom you had marked is dead, a small dagger sticking out of the back of his neck. Quick and painless it would seem, he wouldn't have even been able to scream out.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #244  
Old May 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
ooc
Quote:
He then heads over to the other man and performs the same, holding him down with a foot when he struggles,
Just a note that I 'marked' both of the men.

Is the dead one the one who talked, or the other?
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #245  
Old May 5th, 2014, 07:04 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
OOCThe one that talked is dead
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #246  
Old May 5th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Shen swears loudly at the sight, heading upstairs to check he wasn't waiting for them.

Selte sighs, turning to the mage, "Well, it seems one of your guards was less trapped than the other. I am sorry to say that we can now add Murder to the list of crimes they commited."

Stepping behind him he puts a hand on his back, "Please don't try to escape now though, if you do then you are truly screwed. At the moment we have you for some misdemeanors, trespassing and graverobbing with (note) 'suspected' necromancy since you could claim you had nothing to do with those. If you assist a murderer you become an accomplice..."

His voice is gentle and sincere, the mans troubles have not failed to reach him a little. It would be a shame to have to kill him at this point, over so stupid a thing. He had been more than reasonable so far, and if he continued to do so then he fully intends to speak in his favor with the majistrates.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #247  
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:52 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
The dwarf simply shrugs at the site of the dead guard, Comes to no surprise, I did seek there services from a less than reputable source. I needed to do so becuase of what needed to be done, though it is still surprising that he would kill his own brother instead of cutting him free as well. Moving around to check the crypt you find that you find that the other man has indeed left this place.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #248  
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Selte winces, "Fratricide. Wow..."

He doesnt bother telling him about the discussion they had, and that the dead one had effectively betrayed his brother first.

As Selte gets him to the top of the stairs and watches the old mage, Shen moves silently through the tomb, checking to be sure that the man wasn't hiding in ambush. He looks to the dead guards weapon that he had thrown across the room to see if the man had grabbed it, glad that his own weapon had been hidden away beyond casual retrieving. He then moves, silently, forward with careful eyes.
oocShen is using stealth to move ahead, perception added to spot signs of the guards retreat and/or hiding spot.

Since Shen's sheet is gone, I am going to go by memory. He had max stealth and perception for this level: 4, +3 for class to both. His dex was quite high, +3 or so, and his perception was about +2.
Dice stealth perception:
1d20+10 (13)+10 Total = 23
1d20+9 (7)+9 Total = 16
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #249  
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:57 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
Looking to wear you had thrown the Earth Breaker, you see that it has been taken. Memory servicing it has belong to the man that escaped anyways so taking it does make since.
With Shen moving about searching for signs to indicate whether the man in question is hiding or has left, that question becomes apparent when he reaches the door to find that it has been locked from the outside.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #250  
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Shen tries the door, cursing when he finds it locked. He curses and turns, "Locked."

Selte lets out an exagurated sigh, "You have a key to this, I presume?"
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #251  
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:41 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
The dwarf looks at you and shrugs helplessly, I had a key yes, but it would do little good. Pointing to the door he indicated to the spot were the key hole should be, but there is none there. Crypt doors aren't meant to be locked from the inside, abit of a flaw in design in case one is accidently locked in. But that is how they are, besides, how many people would want to lock themselves into such a place?
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #252  
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Selte sighs, moving them over to the doorway.

(Is it a simple wood door, or stone? Since its supposed to lock from the outside, does that mean there are revealed hinged on the inside?
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #253  
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:49 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
OOCWood and iron door, it swings out so the hinges would be on the outside of the door.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #254  
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
(So they put both the lock and hinges on the outside, and forgot to put a lock on the inside? These doormakers are silly.)

Selte says, "Guard this guy. Let me have a go at it."

After Shen takes custody of the mage, he stretches a bit to focus himself then blasts the door with a bolt of flame from his fingertips. He aims for the central mass of the door, not wanting to bother with the reinforced metal around the lock or hinges.

He then blasts again, right in the same spot.
oocUsing Flame Dart at the cost of 1 reservoir. I do this twice, leaving me with 1/8 left until I recharge.
Dice burn!:
2d6 6, 6 Total = 12
2d6 6, 4 Total = 10
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #255  
Old May 12th, 2014, 09:49 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
Having given then door a couple of good burst of your spell, you find that you were able to burn a good size hole in the wooden part of the door.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB