Game Thread I Will Turn This Car Around - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Apocalyptic Doggie Treats
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 08:41 AM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is offline
Stolen drinks taste best
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 40213
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 24,984
"Maybe we can find stuff on the way?" Tango asked, dancing with impatience. Now that the talk had changed to going for a walk, she wanted out. However, she couldn't leave her new pack behind. "Do we have to stop at a place? Can we just walk and find food on the way?"
__________________
3/26: Working M-F this week. Away April 1st/2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
"What places are you speaking of?" Ipkis asked curiously. "Mind, there is probably several places no one has raided, but because they think not of it or don't think they can."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!

Last edited by Andramal; Aug 19th, 2014 at 01:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Cleo: You find a masterwork scrub brush, a trash can, a real toothbrush, a pillow, a fake toothbrush, a little Hi!non-sapient rat, The handle is as a Quarterstaffa mop, Halloween Decorations 6 weeks in advance(grr), 10 dollars, and... a kitchen knife set! 4 Daggers, 2 ShortswordsWeapons!. Good stuff. You return with your broken, squeaky shopping cart.

You hear the sounds of vehicles moving around in the distance. Perhaps you should not stay here where they can find you and throw you to the dogs.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Cleo looked at the rat with her head quirked to the side for a moment. Rats were one of those things that Mom and Dad had told her that she shouldn't eat ("You don't know where that's been!"). Her instincts, however, were telling her it was dinner. ...Well, they had told her that dinner came from the grocery store.... Oh, well, what's the worst that could happen?

Of course, by the time she had come to this conclusion, the rat had sensed the presence of a predator and skittered away. She pulled the squeaky-wheeled cart to where the others were talking. The two longer knives went carefully into her pockets, along with the $10. Granted, she doubted the money would be useful, but Mom and Dad loved the stuff.... "This is everything I could find. If something looks useful, grab it. Otherwise, let's get moving. I don't like the sound of those cars coming."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 10:06 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is offline
Stolen drinks taste best
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 40213
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 24,984
Looking up at the sound of cars, Tango whined. Cars these days meant strange animal-people that were not friendly to either animals looking for their family, or family. Viewing the kills that Cleo brought back for the group, Tango grabbed the pillow in her teeth and motioned to the exits. "Mmmphrooo."
__________________
3/26: Working M-F this week. Away April 1st/2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 01:57 AM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Ipkis was ready to go! "We might as well look at one of those places and see what can be done with it, no?" Hmm....did anyone actually invite the cat, apart from the cat himself?

Well, maybe he can climb through a window and...somehow open a door? Stranger things can happen. He made sure to grab his bucket in mouth.
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Pumpkinhead11's Avatar
Pumpkinhead11 Pumpkinhead11 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
Posts: 85
Grabbing one of the knives Liz started to play with it as she spoke. "Well, as we all seem to be in agreement shall we be off?" All the while the knife she held, she balanced, twirled, tossed into the air and caught it dramatically pointing toward the front door. "Uh, I read how to do that in a book." Did I? She thought to herself.

As she walked she heard the vehicles, and didn't think too much of it, till she remembered the knife she was brandishing. "Um... I suggest we leave through the backdoor instead."

Last edited by Pumpkinhead11; Aug 19th, 2014 at 06:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
You head out through receiving, so as to avoid any roadside pickups. It's... grungy back here. Also full of smashed boxes, from looters and such. Still, there's a few nice things.

You find... a crowbar! A gallon jug of lard! A A little forklift like push-cart for moving trays of merchandisepallete jack! A not-broken shopping cart! A box of lightbulbs for throwing at your enemies! A book on He's hiding. Count to 100, and find him!How to Find Jesus! A plastic katana, for the kids!

You find nothing else but the smell of delivery trucks and bugs zapped(the zapper has been taken, for reasons unknown).
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Ipkis eyed the lard, recalling how it tasted from one point or another, but declined to ask for some - they were sort of in a hurry. The pallet jack would weight quite a bit though, be loud, and not travel rough terrain very well at all.
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Pumpkinhead11's Avatar
Pumpkinhead11 Pumpkinhead11 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
Posts: 85
The pallet jack might be of some use for scrap or specific use later. Now did not seem the appropriate time. The lard was pointless. The light-bulbs might be of use. Wait. Lard can be used for cooking. Liz almost trapped herself in the superficial thinking she had just told the others about. A plastic katana. So cool... Her inner child squee'd. Lastly was the book. "Oh! I thought all my books here were lost for good."

The fidgety squirrel placed the books, lard, light-bulbs, and knife into the shopping cart. Strapping the plastic blade of childhood awesomeness to her back, using her shirt as a sheath, she looked toward the others. "This thing's going to make some noise if we use it, but it's the best we can do for now. So I think one or two of us should scout ahead." She said with confidence from the toy weapon sheathed on her back.

Last edited by Pumpkinhead11; Aug 20th, 2014 at 04:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Tasha Dunderson"I could scout ahead, but I'm pretty easy to spot in this environment." Tasha offered. "Were there any extra knives? I could use a stabby little thing to up my confidence."

Tasha had rarely been without some sort of weapon since she was a small child. A makeshift shank, a hunting knife, holdout snub-nosed revolver, any of those would have been welcome. How much longer until we get out of here? I need some sort of stability.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Cleo made sure Tasha had a couple of knives before she volunteered as a scout. "I don't mind going ahead." She started off, keeping her ears open...as if she could close them. Still she was using her eyes, nose, and obviously ears to
Dice perception:
1d20+7 (2)+7 Total = 9
survey her surroundings.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 07:12 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is offline
Stolen drinks taste best
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 40213
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 24,984
Cocking her Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (8)+11 Total = 19
head a little to listen to the sounds from the front of the store as they drifted around the building, Tango wrinkled her nose at the squirrel. Lowering her head to the ground to drop the pillow, Tango shook her head at the two-legged squirrel creature. Spizzle Spazzle. "Spizzle Spazzle. No squeaky toys. No squishy food stuffs. The smell will lead them to us. If you need light, I can make it with rocks. A pack travels lighter without unneeded stuff." She scolded the squirrel. "You may take your books, if you must, they are quiet." She said, giving permission before picking up the pillow again.
__________________
3/26: Working M-F this week. Away April 1st/2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Not wanting to make too much noise, you open the side door. It's a bit of a drop(4 feet or so) down to the loading dock, and you helpfully note a sign near the entrance saying Handicapped Access ->. You ponder the meaning of a wheelchair careening over the drop, but decide there are more important things to do.

Currently, you are on the NORTH side of the grocery store.
NorthA chain link fence leading to a series of similarly set up store backs. You can't make much progress this way unless you can fly or pick the locks of the businesses back doors in front of you.
WestHeading out the alleyway to the parking lot. This side leads to a smaller(non-highway) road. The sounds of cars are coming from the southwest, down the highway. You can see a GUITAR STORE on the other side of the road from your location.
SouthThis leads back into the store. Due south is the highway, hence why you weren't going that way.
EastSimilar to West, except this side is a little 1.5 lane business road. Little shops line the place. You can't see much of the road due to a dumpster in your way.
Your eventual goal is the West side of town. Do you go straight there? Or try to weave through the buildings to avoid being picked up?
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Pumpkinhead11's Avatar
Pumpkinhead11 Pumpkinhead11 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
Posts: 85
She thought it over for a moment and decided Tango was right. At least without proper bags anything they took with them could way them down too much. The light-bulbs were too bulky, and where they were going should have lard anyways, so Liz decided to grab the knife and books from the cart. "Ok then. Cleo and I will scout ahead just far enough to look out for danger."

She was looking for a sign of understanding. After a nod or verbal noise Liz went to carefully check out the west end of the alley. It would be best if they could get the straightest path there, but remaining unhindered would be the best course to follow. The closer the the opening she got Liz would try to
Dice * DICE TAG:
1d20+9 (11)+9 Total = 20
hide behind anything useful, or even hug the wall to make herself less possible to be seen. After which she would
Dice * DICE TAG:
1d20+5 (11)+5 Total = 16
look out from the alley.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB