Notices

Old Sep 20th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22079
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
A question regarding round Zero....

"You can style it as either for the player(s) or the character(s)", but can you do it for both? The bulk of it for the characters, with a sentence or three directly addressing the players?
Old Sep 20th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7534
arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12
I'm not sure if the Chairman has a different take on this, so I'd wait for his answer before actually submitting, but speaking as a judge, I would say that a choice like that is like the choice to put garlic in the risoto - you're the cook, so it's your call. It's definitely going to have a consequence, and it's up to you to decide whether that consequence is likely to be positive or negative to what you're presenting.
Old Sep 20th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35388
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippo View Post
I enjoy IronDM so much, I really do. But I have been sick and injured and I am so behind on my games. I am just not sure that committing to another run at Iron DM is the best thing this year.

On the other hand, getting another chance to compete with you and Ion2Atom and the others is very tempting. Just a lot to think about.

Of course, I'll probably still do it.
You could always make room by quitting your job Just think on it.
Old Sep 20th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35388
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
I really wanted to do an adventure based on Outplay's Shadowrun characters but after reading over the apps and the world... I have no idea what's going on. It's an impressive world and I like the flavor but there's a little too much info to get right before I make an adventure synopses.
Old Sep 20th, 2015, 07:31 PM
1 Peter 2:24

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35273
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Well said arin12!

Indeed, if you wish to add a few sentences for the players, you can do that, too.
Old Sep 20th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27429
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Some big-gun Hehehgiants of RPGX in this one! Good luck to all of you, my friends!
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 04:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15084
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Actually Arin, I'd have to know what the base flavor profile of the Risotto was going to be before risking garlic. For instance I've done several fruit and wine infused risotto's which would have fared horribly with garlic. Just lastr year I catered a party where a bed of saffron/chardonnay/orange juice risotto was garnished with parsley and blood orange twists beneath a frenched rack of pork glazed with the same chardonnay plus apricots and orange. Served a medley of cippolini onions, shallots, and asparagus braised in a port wine reduction as well as carrots Vichy for sides. Salad was mixed greens with candied walnuts, cranberry, and sliced poached pear. So yea...that garlic would have been bad there.

Last edited by ogamodyna; Sep 21st, 2015 at 04:47 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 07:27 AM
Not all who wander...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43035
moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogamodyna View Post
I really HATE being the unknown underdog with a good dozen or more well known pros above me in the mix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainfist View Post
Imagine how I feel, I'm still new enough I barely know the pros!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl11 View Post
Some big-gun Hehehgiants of RPGX in this one! Good luck to all of you, my friends!
It's okay, you guys, those are the JUDGES. *whew* We're good.

---

Under the supposition that I might be grouped in this unspecified "pro" mix, it might intrigue you to know that this is my first time competing. I'm terrified and insecure.

I don't think anyone really likes to submit themselves (or their work) to the judgment of their peers, particularly when said judgment is promised to be harsh and callous.

We're all in this together. No former Iron DMs have entered yet except for Ion2Atom, who won't be strutting his stuff until Round 1 (as I understand it). It's a level playing field that plays no favorites and rewards only the most creative and diligent game-crafters.

So, Jarl11, get your heiney in gear and compete! You know you want to.

And ogamodyna, sounds like you need more garlic in your risottos! ...said the guy who loves raw garlic.

Sometimes I write things.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 08:41 AM
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23434
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
No RPGX DM XP = No pressure.

So I have thrown in an entry, should be fun and educational.

@ Jarl11 - You can't call people giant and not enter when you have Giantslayers in you signature.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 09:54 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33955
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
All of you newbies, have no fear! This competition is not a popularity contest. It is a quality contest. There is no public vote, and us judges are being blackmailed asked nicely to be as impartial as possible.

So, write something awesome. Don't worry about who else is in the contest or not. Consider it this way: I have NEVER made it through into the first round.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by moozuba View Post
Under the supposition that I might be grouped in this unspecified "pro" mix, it might intrigue you to know that this is my first time competing. I'm terrified and insecure.
Says the guy ranked second overall in RPXP.

I must say, I like Raylorne's way of doing things. Rolling dice to decide the outcome is in the basic spirit of the games.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Eldritch Burger Flipper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5622
McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu McThulhu
Just keep in mind that leaving things up to what you mortals call 'chance' will always favor the elder gods.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 01:20 PM
Ancient Azure Anathema

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22744
Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis Aeternis
I will also probably enter again this year.

My chances, as usual, rest solely in the inability of the Iron DM staff to determine what constitutes a "hard" ingredient in my warped view of things.
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 01:31 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 742
Brainfist Brainfist Brainfist Brainfist Brainfist Brainfist Brainfist
@Aeternis, nice profile pic
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 03:05 PM
bestest kitty

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47110
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippo View Post
Aethera puts down the popcorn and enters Iron DM ! Glorious day! Look out folks - she is inventive and an excellent writer. So excited to see what she dreams up!
Dangit, hippo, you've probably jinxed me with that. My entry so far stinks in a big way.

Looking forward to playing with/competing against the lot of you.