Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Serenity > SERENITY: Loose Ends
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Sorry about the delay, but the process of trying to get out of the country has been somewhat complicated. I should be able to work a bit on my character tonight/tomorrow, but after that I'm probably on a plane over the Atlantic. I should be back online without problems by Monday.
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
weredragon
Working on it

Galadon: I sent you a PM with a link to my character on Myth Weavers. The DnD Online system won't let me log into the character sheet application. It doesn't think I'm registered. (Funny, because I can log into my control panel just fine!) I will let you know when that's fixed. Otherwise, I should have my character description posted to the thread later today and I will try to get you those NPCs tonight and tomorrow. Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
galadan88 galadan88
No problem Grim. I just need to know if you were on the original smuggling crew or on Whitefall for another reason. Afterwards I'll write the first scene and everyone can make a post by wednesday, at which time I'll post again.

Weredragon, about that, I couldn't open that link. You know that you can juste copy the adress of your sheet so that we can all access it right? The link you sent me led me to a file deposit website and I had to download a file that I couldn't open Just put a link like the others did, it'll be easier.
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38823
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Edited to mention: I think I had to register on that profiler as well. Same screenname and password as this site. Now I just have to log back on each time.
So uh try registering on there, maybe that will help?

Last edited by zevonian; Jun 3rd, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
weredragon
Me again

Ok. I got my character info posted and the link to Myth Weavers seems to work fine. Now, can someone tell me how to insert my character photo? I tried the Insert Image button, but it just asked me what text I wanted formatted and didn't attach the photo. Sorry for the trouble, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
weredragon
Got into the New Character Sheet App!

Thanks, Zevonian. Registering for the New Character Sheet App did the trick. I have no idea what happened to my previous characters, though. Not that I was planning on playing them anytime soon.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
galadan88 galadan88
Good to see your app, now we're only missing one. I was wondering if seeing some maps or having basic info about the region would help with backgrounds and the 3x3x3 challenge. I plan on releasing basic info (those easily picked up from the Cortex) later in game but if it would help now I don't mind either. I still need to work on most of the stuff as I'm starting from scratch. You'll have to be patient with me on this and if I commit any "faux-pas" I command you to tell me! (for example going against something said/showed in the series or in the movie).

For now I'm planning on making the first posts on friday. Everyone will have to post before wednesday afterwards and we'll follow the wednesday/saturday deadlines, unless you guys produce quality posts in less time. Understand that I'm still human though and have a job and other games going so I won't be posting everyday.

Let's get this thing soaring in the skies.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 12:10 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Weredragon: for my character sheets I do the following.
1. Find a photo I'm happy with and edit, recolor, and resize it. They gotta be small, dimenstions allowed are on the new profiler's sheets.
2. Upload that pic to a photo hosting site. I've been using imagevenue.com.
Note: You'll want to copy the last link provided after the upload. Best to leave the page open for reference.
3. Re-log in to the profiler in a separate window and bring up the character sheet.
4. Click the space where the photo goes on the sheet, then paste the http link onto the area where it asks for it.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
My character sheet is all done. Please review to make sure it all checks out.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
galadan88 galadan88
Grim, everything looks in order.

Rhus, amazing work with that 3x3x3 challenge. If any of you didn't get what I wanted, this is it.

I've got to get to work soon so I'll post tomorrow. If everyone could take a last quick look at their colleagues character sheet I would appreciate it. I think everything looks fine but just to be sure.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
Gaaldan: Will all the original smugglers have known each other for very long?

I ask because HG may prefer to use nicknames, and would wanna know who gets called what in day to day operations.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
galadan88 galadan88
You brought up a good point Zevonian so I'll try to adress the whole issue of your characters recent history before making the game posts. I'll have something up tonight I hope, and the game posts will follow quickly. If a quick answer is needed, let's say Hot Green has been with the crew for a period of a few months, like 4 to 6.

To the lot of you, I hope to get some feedback on what I'm about to write. If you're not okay with anything please tell me so and I'll make some adjustments. I'll probably have to create a part of your story so I'll try to make it fitt with what info you gave me so far.
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM
R.I.P. Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 196
SniperWolf SniperWolf
no problem, I'm sure whatever you end up writing will be close enough, I know how hard it is to get a game off the ground let alone have it make complete sense.

Total Natural 1's: 13 Total Natural 20's: 12 Date Started: 11/19/07
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 719
Rhus Rhus Rhus Rhus Rhus Rhus Rhus
Sorry for the delay on equipping my character, I've been holding back to get a better feel for what the more experienced players are doing. I have a pretty heavy workload tonight, but should have Brutal fully equipped and his CS finished tomorrow.
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
galadan88 galadan88
Damn this is much more time consuming than I thought! I'll post what I have for now. The first posts are mostly complete too. Sorry for the delay. I'll edit as I work on it.

Hot Green
has been the pilot for the Lucky Rocket for the past 5 months now. Her departure from the Gerald Fitzedmund could be called anything but clean and Hot took little time in finding digs elsewhere. She doesn’t concern herself overly with whatever it is that they are transporting at any one time, nor does she mingle all that much with the crew. The captain is a serious man but at least he knows something about control, which is more than she can say about her last boss. The Lucky Rocket is a comfortable ship, old for sure, but it still holds well together and sailing through the black is pretty smooth. Hot Green has had the chance to familiarize herself a lot with the old transport and she’s pretty at ease with the controls now.

Brutus "Brutal" Turpis
has been laying low for the past 6 years. Working for Patience has been a drag, but it has its advantages. Of the few people who would normally try to f*ck with him, even fewer wanted to hit on someone working for the Lady. Staying at Miss Parker has been the only god-send though, and there’s been preciously few of those in Brutal’s life. The sweet woman has helped the broken man to heal some. Her general store is on the outskirts of Yuma, catering more to the ranchers of the area than the townsfolk. With the recent news of Patience’s betrayal, Brutal is thinking of moving on, but that’s mighty difficult to do when one has but a few silvers in his pockets. The way things are, Brutal figures on doing one last job and using his pay to take the bullet train to some greener pastures.

Naomi Wilder
left Persephone 5 years ago to find herself stranded on Whitefall until the present day. Her talent with machines has served her well during that time but she has been forced to work for all kinds of callous, hideous or lecherous men, most of whom didn’t even pay her that well. Her current job is a bit better than the rest though. She’s working in a crap metal place in New Odessa, which is a good sized town in the area. She also has a room to herself, and even better, that room is situated inside an oooooold Firefly. That bird is almost air-worthy, except for the dozens of important and costly missing parts. Naomi has been tinkering with it a bit, but without money there’s not that much she can do without stealing outright from her employer and she really doesn’t want to risk losing her job. So she’s still stuck on Whitefall but at least her situation is better than it was 5 years ago. She contacts her parents from time to time and has been all she can, but it will still be awhile before she can pay for a trip back to Persephone, especially with a certain Captain slandering her name everywhere he goes.

Kazuya Akodo
has not been with the crew for long, but his loyalty to the crew and especially to the Captain has conferred him an important position on the ship. Still not up to Naser’s First mate title, Kazuya is closer to the Captain than the older man. He is his shadow, his bodyguard and his apprentice. Through him, the Japanese-descendant has learned how to command a ship and lead a crew. The last few months have been hard on the Captain though. He has almost lost his will to fight on, to keep bugging the Hell out of the Alliance. Kazuya has grown concerned for the man he now calls his friend. Hopefully, this new job will help the man to snap out of his funk.

Ian Naser is an enigma. The sturdy and charismatic man is prone to violent bouts of anger at the merest inconvenience. His position on the ship as First mate is secure enough, as he gets the job done one way or another, but his temper has kept him from getting a crew together and setting on his own. He has been working for the Captain for a tad more than a year now and the money, up to a couple of months ago, was quite good. The lack of business and the funky mood that sapped the Captain shortly after have been grating on Ian’s nerves for awhile and this job better set them straight or the man is bound to erupt once more.

Chang Du-Hua has known the Captain of the Lucky Rocket for many years, but it is only a recent development that he became his lead engineer. The large ship easily warranted a few mechanics to keep it in shape and Chang took on a few assistants over time. The weird but knowledgeable man has kept the ship space-worthy and though a few of his students “graduated” and moved on, he’s kept contact with them. Everyone can’t help but like the old weirdo. Running with the Captain has made it easy to circumvent the Alliance, but the risk has set Chang a bit on edge. The lean times have forced him to go with the flow and accept the last job at face value, even though the monk has grown concerned about the outcome.

Jax Mandell has travelled through the Rim worlds since the end of the Unification war. He’s not particularly attached to any of them, but they are less closely monitored by the Alliance and that’s all that really matters to Jax nowadays. He likes his freedom and being on the move is good to keep others guessing. He’s made a few friends in unlikely places and after almost a year of separation, he’s now on Whitefall visiting one of them. Abigail has let him crash in one of the many rooms at the Last Chance Saloon in New Odessa and in exchange he’s helped her to upgrade the security of the place somewhat. Jax is not on the backwater moon to stay but he feels safer at night knowing some of his toys are watching over them and will continue to do so for Gail after he leaves.

Jack Davies first came aboard the Lucky Rocket about 18 months ago as a passenger. To say Davis needed to get off the moon they were on at the time would be an understatement, as the smooth operator had run out of luck with this particular “expedition”. Prone to make the best out of every situation, the young man soon managed to find himself employed by the Captain instead of simply travelling with him. At first he was a mere errand boy, but when he proved to be able to bring high quality supplies on board, the Captain didn’t waste his time with petty errands and charged him with the job of supply officer. Pretty boy’s inclinations have led the crew into a few hot spots but so far they have put up with his extraordinary ability to attract the attention of enraged husbands (and their wives).

Last edited by galadan88; Jun 9th, 2009 at 01:12 AM.