Other Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 07:46 PM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Yeah, my poking around came around a conclusion in that direction. So I'll probably think of something as a sort of grittier action scientist. Maybe a touch of madness.

...though it looks like you already have a Jenkins.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 07:47 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
I'm working on a telepath character. I hope it can fit the fate system.
Yep... Fate handles whatever you can imagine, including that, quite well. From what I can see in you WIP, you seem to have nailed it. gj
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 07:49 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Sorry folks, but I'm stuck there...

I don't how to set those for my character, I have readed several time this topic and I don't get it.

Physical: 4; Mental: 3; Fate: 3 ; Scale: small; Consequences: 3

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...16#post5904916
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 07:57 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42485
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
WE REALLY need a tech - but I think I need to give full disclosure here.

So far, the Tech's have been our "Red Shirts". I'm not sure why that is, but we are going through them in Bushels. The last one was kidnapped by a rouge FBI agent, who 'might' have been working for the Illuminati, having recently transformed (in remission) to a Sandman (think "borg"ed).

But Red is my favorite Color!

J/k, I get the reference. And who knows, maybe she'll defy the odds.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 08:30 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Sorry folks, but I'm stuck there...

I don't how to set those for my character, I have readed several time this topic and I don't get it.

Physical: 4; Mental: 3; Fate: 3 ; Scale: small; Consequences: 3

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...16#post5904916
Not a problem... that is explained here.

From what I can see in your WIP box, you would have
can be increased by taking the skill PhysiquePhysical: 2; This is set by the skill WillMental: 3; Fate: 3

From your WIP... you have more than enough to be considered a complete app (unless you want to add a picture ) Looking very nice.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by savoylen; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 08:39 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Ok I added the skills will and physical.

I'm all done I think, not sure about the aspect and stunts, I did my best.

I'm searching for a picture now.
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 08:48 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Cool... when you get just PM me you 'quiz' answer and then you total complete - and first blood would go to you too - Thanks for all your hard (and fast) work!
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 09:01 PM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
Oh no! Guess I don't have time to hammer out something.

Well, best of luck to you guys on the long running game!
Old Apr 22nd, 2015, 09:53 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Not sure I will get the quiz right, I might not had understand the expectations lol
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 01:49 AM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by asura8 View Post
Oh no! Guess I don't have time to hammer out something.

Well, best of luck to you guys on the long running game!
You should have plenty of time... I'll leave this open to applications for a least a week - I think I posed the close date as May 1.

Thanks! Savoy

Last edited by savoylen; Apr 23rd, 2015 at 01:53 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I'm all done, great!
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 10:59 AM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
Excellent. Things are coming together, piece by piece. MWAHAHAHAHA.

As an aside, how should we be handling Aspects with regards to the character applications, given this is an existing game? Should we just be choosing High Concept, Trouble, Skills, and Stunts and then leave the Aspects to be developed to tie in to the existing players? Or should we be working out some Aspects on our own since things are already rolling merrily along? Or will they be developed with other applicants, I suppose?
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 11:05 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
MWAHAHAHAHA.
lol already going nuts before it's already started.
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 01:24 PM
Star Gazing Nerd

Tools
User Statistics
In progress, but let's get this down on paper for thoughts. Implementation notes are just from how I personally judge my aspects as being satisfactory from first inspection, based on Rick Neal's blog posts on Dresden Files. Any feedback is always much appreciated as I work out the other bits. ...really had to stop myself from writing more and the temptation to place little tidbits at the end overwhelms.

Alice Rowntree / her internet user nameRabbitChaser
right-aligned image

High Concept: Half-Sane Data Analyst

Trouble: There Must Be a Pattern!

Physical: 2; Mental: 2; Fate: 3
Scale: Medium; Consequences: 3
Skills:
+4 Computer;
+3 Investigate, Technical Science;
+2 Crafts, Notice, Stealth;
+1 Athletics, Contacts, Drive, Resources

Background:
Alice Rowntree was of a number of children to be lucky enough to grow up in the age of rapid technological advancement which brought us from a relative disconnect to the world around us to one where access to instantaneous information was the norm. The fact that her family provided the lifestyle and means to embrace these changes meant that the odd girl was more likely to browse databases than attend a sleepover, spending late nights teaching herself every shred of computer knowledge that she could grasp at. Ultimately, the flood of information served to bring out a quirk buried in her psyche; she had an insatiable curiosity that required her to see the patterns in things. This manifested in a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder that required the identification of patterns around her, such as a right side of the bed to get out on. But when introduced to that wealth of information from the net, it turned into what most would see as madness.

She came across all manner of conspiracy theory in her studies: UFOs, Roswell, missing gunmen, New World Order, a Hollow Earth, reptilian overlords, chemicals in the water. While most would brush away these things as the ravings of madmen, her mind grasped for any hint of a pattern. She would take that idea of UFOs and try to trace it back, going over historical accounts dating back years. While some would be thrown out for clearly being falsified, others would stick, and she would try to draw the connections that would tell her the deeper patterns of the world. As she started to find truth behind some of these patterns, it was the natural step that she seek out a position at the Hoffman Institute, where her curiosity and ability to not immediately reject the abnormal might serve her well.

Last edited by asura8; Apr 30th, 2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2015, 06:50 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46766
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogamodyna View Post
Can we get a crypto-zoologist maybe? I'm not POSITIVE but I think some of our group may need such a handler on occasion.
@ogma: Lucky that isn't Eachan speaking in front of Garland. He'd think you were calling him a gorilla, and not take kindly to it.

Unless of course, you call him Grape Ape, because that was the big guy in the Laffalympics. And who doesn't love the Laffalympics?

@Future Hoffman Quiz takers: If my character were speaking to yours just before you picked up any number 2 pencils, he'd say, "Don't fret it. Just answer quick and honest. They like that."