RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 24th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1153
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Any oath or deal backed by less than vast power is basically worthless.

Furthermore the tattoo is well known. In any situation where trust is needed there is a -4 penalty to the roll. The tattoo fairly radiates mistrust.

By the way, I am not trying to dissuade you. I love a 'I am a good guy but nobody will trust me' type. I just want you to know what you are getting into.
Old May 24th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
Any oath not backed by vast power is basically worthless.

Most people in the continent know what the tattoo means, so most people naturally natives of the broken lands. Characters from the broken lands have a -4 penalty in social situations where trust is needed.

I am not trying to dissuade you btw. I just want you to know what you are getting into.
Old May 24th, 2020, 04:25 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2837
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
Not dissuaded at all, don't worry. In a sandbox world, being from the Broken Lands gives my character a built-in reason to adventure. He'll be trying to break that curse, of course.

I've narrowed my class down to two options; either duskblade or a wizard specializing in divination (with necromancy as the forbidden school). In speaking with Smeowlin, it seems she's considering something similar (insofar as she's considering a gish or focused arcane caster, not necessarily the same classes). I'm waiting to see which way she goes, so that my character's class compliments hers.

Last edited by Crimson; May 25th, 2020 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Screwed up all my pronouns, sorry smeowlin!
Old May 25th, 2020, 01:02 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1709
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
I just wanted to make sure that Psionic stuff is okay because I'm considering playing a Phrenic Human (pg 205 of the Expanded Psionics Handbook). I'm planning on doing a mix of Warblade/Sorcerer up to Jade Phoenix Mage eventually so the only Psionics I'd have to worry about are the ones granted by that racial template. I'm also pretty indecisive so I might take the Half-Fey template instead or even go with Crusader/Divine Caster up to Ruby Knight Vindicator if I want to go a more divine route.

I'm having a difficult time deciding between which place to hail from but I'll decide soon enough I hope!

Last edited by smeowlin; May 25th, 2020 at 02:42 AM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 06:17 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2837
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
I'm decidedly a straight up divination wizard, then. Character sheet will be coming soon.

Question about the map... are the edges of the map hard borders, or are they just unexplored beyond those points? Just curious.
Old May 25th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4723
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Are meldshapers like the Totemist or Incarnate allowed? From Magic of Incarnum. Pretty much all of my 3.5 experience right there.
And it was still technically a 3.PF game, so not even real 3.5 experience...

Last edited by Ermine; May 25th, 2020 at 07:36 AM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 07:29 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
Oh, Crimson pointed out that Phrenic increases CR as my HD increase so I'm gonna ditch that idea. I am potentially considering Githzerai instead of using a template if they could fit into the world.
Old May 25th, 2020, 03:49 PM
Year of the Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay
Interested in playing a Fighter (no one laugh...). Think it would be fun to have such a large number of feats.

Would it be possible to play the Generic Warrior using the same generous house rules as Fighter?
Old May 25th, 2020, 04:07 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I totally understand. Part of me was thinking of making a CW Samurai
Old May 25th, 2020, 04:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The lower tiers are not that bad with the boost I house ruled in. The boost only applies to pc classes so warrior does not qualify but samurai does. I allow psionics. They interact with arcane and divine so dispel etc works.

I apologize that my campaign setting is fragmented. I am missing some of my old notes and so am having to recreate some things. But it is going fast.
Old May 25th, 2020, 07:35 PM
Year of the Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay arkerpay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieuoffire View Post
The lower tiers are not that bad with the boost I house ruled in. The boost only applies to pc classes so warrior does not qualify but samurai does.
I wasn't referring to the NPC Warrior class, but the PC Generic Warrior class. My original post is a link to the SRD.

Generic Warrior is just like Fighter, but does not have heavy armor proficiency or tower shield proficiency. In exchange, you can select which save is the good one, which skills are in the class, and you can substitute any bonus feat with a selection from a small list of special abilities/progressions.
Old May 25th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just to give you an idea of my indecisiveness, I'm now considering a Ninja . I'm still pretty sure I'll end up with some sort of gish, but if I take the half-fey template I could still have some interesting spell casting options with SLA's while not being a caster class. I'll be sure to be ready and have a character concept made by the time everyone else is ready though!

I might be a Rogue/Ninja so I can get traps and evasion. Would the Rokugan Ninja be available to pick? It's from a Campaign specific book that I believe is the update from the 3.0 Oriental Adventures but I haven't looked too much at it. Sorry if I make you spend time considering stuff that I might not end up using!

Last edited by smeowlin; May 25th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 09:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4649
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Couple of DM rule/stance questions before picking character build;
1. Would a Swordsage or Ninja qualify to use Kung fu genius feat since same Wis to AC class ability as the monk??
2. Do knives count the same as daggers for weapon focus, shadowhand group etc.?
3. Rogues BS counts only on first strike or all strikes in round catches opponent FF, loss of dex, …..??
4. Would the Silent Hunter feat be allowed? Similar to swift hunter (CSco), that instead of stacking scout and ranger levels for the purpose of skirmish and FE, stacks rogue and ranger levels for he purpose of SA and FE. It is homebrewed based off Swift hunter and daring outlaw feats?
Old May 25th, 2020, 09:58 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh and if I'm ever wondering about a build and someone else wants to do it instead, feel free to do so because it actually makes my decision making much easier
Old May 26th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4723
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Specifically, my idea is starting Totemist 2/Incarnate 1. If they're allowed. Otherwise, I have no idea what I'd want to do.