DnD5e World of Warcraft: The Emerald Dream - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 16th, 2021, 09:13 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
World of Warcraft: The Emerald Dream

Game NameWorld of Warcraft: The Emerald Dream
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeLost in a peaceful world gone crazy.
FlavourWorld of Warcraft
Plot Summary
left-aligned image
Whatever you're calling, the world of Azeroth is changing. Druids and shamans bring news of dark omens to the ruling councils and priests report a silence from the Gods, as if the whole Cosmos is holding it's breath, waiting for something to happen. You might be a warrior for the Horde or Alliance without concern for the ever-swirling cosmic events that are on such a grand scale, you could do little about except survive in the moment or maybe you're connected to the divine or arcane worlds and you feel something is happening but feel powerless in it. Then again you might be an independent mercenary only looking forward to the next bag of coin. Whatever your case is, you are not unfamiliar with conflict or adventure.

The Emerald Dream, even if you haven't dream-walked to it before, you know from descriptions that this is it. The question is, 'Why are you here?'. The last thing you remember was going to sleep but you didn't expect to wake up here. You feel like you were meant to be here and in your position, you're capable of doing something. You have something to do but you just have to figure out what it is you're supposed to do. As if your thoughts were something tangible, something that the Emerald Dream could hear, one thistleshrub coalesces from the flora nearby then another on the opposite side and two more nearer to you. Something isn't right about them though, A healthy green, they are not but shot through with streaks of black mold...rot. Before you even meet the others that seem in the same boat as you or to ask any questions, the thistleshrub move in for the attack.

Details:
-System: DnD 5e, World of Warcraft conversion
-Players: 4-5 players
-Starting level: 5
-Equipment: Standard to class and background plus 100gp
-Stats and HP: Standard 27 point buy or standard array (15,14,13,12,10,8) and Max HP at level 1, average or roll after that.
-Character type: I want motivated characters that have something to drive them on. Horde, Alliance or Independent, You're all on the same side in the Emerald Dream.
-Ask Questions
-Deadline!: October 31-ish

Application Format:
right-aligned image

Name: Something appropriate, I hope
Race: Any race or subrace is available as long as your backstory justifies it.
Class: Any class as long as your backstory justifies it.
Faction: Alliance, Horde, Independent.
Background: From the book or freeformed case-by-case.
Personality: How do they get along with others, with the Alliance, With the Horde, by themselves.
Appearance: A picture is worth a thousand words and no two people will see the same thing in the same picture. Give me a paragraph about how you see your character. If you need help resizing your image, Link
Backstory: You're level 5, outline some adventures or work your character has done, how they came to be where they were before this adventure plus origins and background
Post Example: Give me an example of what your posts look like or link me some of your best work.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Oct 24th, 2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3803
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
You have captured my attention on two fronts. I have experience with 5e and WoW, but not combined. Does this play out more like D&D wirh WoW flavoring, or the other way around?

Looking for a balanced party like WoW (tank healer dps), or a D&D party that is not necessairly always balanced (or not as specifically balanced as WoW parties)?
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 11:46 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6485
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Lone Wolf
Race: Worgen
Class: Warrior
Faction: Independent.
Background: folk hero.
Personality: Lone wolf is a very easy-going guy with most people. He is friendly and open while still carrying himself with respectable dignity and confidence. He is very protective of children and seeing harm done to them puts him in a murderous rage. He is extremely loyal to his friends and pushes himself to his limits to be dependable to those he works with and rely on him. he has a strong sense of justice and dislikes bullies. His pride often gets him into trouble standing up to those who try to intimidate or push him around.
Appearance: Lone wolf has short straight brown hair and a vertical scar over his right eye. He is of average height and a fit build. His beast form is muscular with grey fur and yellow eyes. he prefers to wear simple clothes as apposed to armor

Backstory: Lone wolf was adopted into a tribe called the black furies who lived in seclusion in the woods away from most of the troubles of the world. he earned his name during his right of passage when he went his own way to complete the trial on his own instead of with his hunting packmates like he was supposed to. As an adult, he became an alpha, leading his own hunting pack called the fangs which defended the tribe from threats, but he extended his patrol to the surrounding human villages outside the woods. When one such village was being attacked by orcs, he led the charge to the villages defense. The battle was brutal, but Lone Wolf’s Fangs slaughtered the orcs without suffering any losses. The villagers cheered him as a hero.

Lone wolf was punished for endangering his pack to protect humans, but he argued that the black furies were cowards for hiding away the way they were. for his transgression, he was banished. He said his farewells, and left with his head up high, determined to uphold his values and morals no matter what the cost. He set out to become a champion and protector of the people. Now, he travels the frontier, helping people in need.

Post Example: Derek Draven embraces death (be sure to read the spoiler)
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 12:07 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
@ManicMonky: I will select applications/characters based on strength of application and how well they fit the setting/story that I am thinking of running.
I am hoping this has more of a WoW feel to it rather than just WoW-flavored DnD.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 12:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Thank you for the clarification. I will have an app up tomorrow.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 12:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Argorath
Race: Troll (Sand)
Class: Shaman (Enhancement)
Faction: Independent
Background: Outlander (Headhunter)

Personality:
A savage warrior, fiercly loyal to his tribe. Any outside threat to their survival is swiftly met with deadly force. He does not attack without thought though, even a tenuous treaty can be beneficial to their survival.

Appearance:
right-aligned image

Eyes full of cunning and caution stare our from a deeply crevased brow, observing everything, planning for anything. Long, batlike ears are perked up, twitching ever so slightly in response to each sound they catch. But what stands out the most are his polished tusks, gleaming in the sun, accented by the warpaint on his face. Any troll can be a scary sight to behold, but rising to his full height, bellowing out a battle cry, Argorath stands taller than most.

His armor, stained with the blood of his enemies and infused with elemental magic, is the only warning that those who oppose him ever receive. A two-handed axe, crafted to be as deadly as possible, but also equally terrifying to behold, slashes through the air with unexpected speed and reach due to his long limbs, a feature most foes tend to underestimate.

Backstory:

Post Example:
Several posts from this thread starting with this one https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...34#post9155334
It was a particularly intense exchange between two unknown and unlikely allies that threatened to tear the groups asunder. (mostly resolved by post 136)

Do not mess with weird mushrooms in a cave... https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...77#post9214577

Flashback of a more tranquil time https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...37#post9284737
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211017_100706.png
Views:	156
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	92866  

Last edited by ManicMonky; Oct 18th, 2021 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Back story added
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 12:56 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
Abwinningh42
Lok’tar oh gar!
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 01:58 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 695
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
I've never played WOW before, but the concept sounds interesting. I'm gonna make a app, though my knowledge of the lore is abysmal. I'm thinking of a human shaman that comes from a long line of shamans that dedicate themselves to protecting a small port town from sea monsters, I hope that make sense in the context of WOW.

App
right-aligned image

Name: Alice Bellsentry
Race: Human
Class: Shaman (Restoration)
Faction: Independent.
Background: Sailor (Fisherman)
Trait: I work hard simply cause I love my work.
I enjoyed making new friends over a flagon of ale.
Ideal: Aspiration. Someday I'll own my own ship and chart my own destiny.
Bond: I have a duty to my people and they come first, everything else comes second.
Flaw: Once I start drinking I can't help it if I'm a bit tipsy... *hic*
Personality: Alice is courteous, kind, and just all around pleasant person to speak to in a conversation, though if it was with a drink, all pleasantries drop and it's mostly swearing and roughhousing for the rest of the night (She has an alcohol problem, it's very serious). She likes fishing mostly cause of it's calming and peaceful atmosphere. She regards the Alliance the same way she regards the horde, nothing but big ol armies causing a ruckus throughout the entire land. Either way, she's very friendly to the less hostile and pillaging sort of members.
Appearance: Alice stands at a height of 5'4", and has a lean build. She has bright red but frizzled hair that covers half her face. She usually wears a leather armor that matches her hair color, along with the armor she has a collection of axes (like every townie girl should have) which she only carries three on her person. She also carries with her what looks like a fish pole at a far glance, but on closer inspection theirs all sorts of engravings and etches of fish and the sea all over the pole, giving an indication that this pole also functions as a totem.
Backstory: Alice Bellsentry was born in a small port town and she is somewhat the protector of this little town. You see, she comes from a long line of Bellsentry that have been in this town since it's founding and they have made it their life's work to ensure that this town still stands. The way they do it is through a secret shamanic art that the first Bellsentry learned from a dying orc shaman. It was the elusive art of channeling the spirit of life, and the Bellsentry's have used this art to repel the town's monsters and invading armies, all in secret of course. The Bellsentrys feared what would happen if word got out that they know this art, so they only used basic shamanic abilities and used that art in disguise. However, the family line has dwindled in recent years.

Alice was the latest generation of Bellsentry and was still in training with her parents. They were strict disciplinarians when it came to their duty. Everytime their was a threat, Alice joined the fight with her parents and dealt with many foes (Like I don't know, a runaway mutant fish or a Horde raiding party) and heal the sick and injured. It was a stressful time for her but during that time she found a love for fishing. Whenever she had time she always fished with her father. It was calming then the life she lived in at a daily basis, it was a time where she reflected her outlook on life and her future. That's when she made a decision, she'll earn enough money through her fishing career and buy a boat. That's a dream she set up herself, though it conflicts with her duty bound family goal to protect the town, her parents certainly didn't agree with this. But they eventually relent seeing how determined she was. And with that she worked on her goals to make her first adventure to the high seas. Though it's a long stretch goal, she'll work hard while also improving on her training as a shaman.
Post Example:
Here's a post from my bard Ravioli that I think was pretty funny.

Last edited by Onward; Oct 17th, 2021 at 03:54 AM.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 03:42 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16882
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
I'm not as drunk as you... *hic* drink I... am drunk
left-aligned image

Name: Zui Han Snowfang
Race: Pandaren
Class: Monk
Background: Guild Artisan - Guild Crafter Brewer

Last edited by PalladiaMors; Oct 28th, 2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 03:55 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 695
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Yep, I think I'm done for my app
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 04:28 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1351
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
Louise

right-aligned image
right-aligned image

Name: Louise
Race: Worgen
Class: Holy Priest
Background: Acolyte
Personality: Louise was always a very angry person, and the Worgen Curse just made it worse. While his recovery helped him on controlling his primal instincts, there’s still a lot of rage within him. As means to cope, he decided to dedicate his life to studying the healing arts, as a means to channel his negative energy into something that could help save lives.
While at first he was part of the Alliance, actions out of his control forced him to desert.
This gave him some kind of independence and chance at neutrality when dealing with the sick and the hurt.
Whenever he is requested to help with his magic, he does so without asking for payment, and ignoring the allegiance of the patient(s) in his care. Unfortunately, there’s not much he can do to help The Forsaken/Undead, as his magic tends to do more harm than good.

Appearance: When in human form, he’s of White Hispanic complexion, black hair and brown eyes.
When shifting to his Worgen form, however, his fur takes a blue-ish color. Whether this is a trait he acquired after the Worgen Curse, or something that was always within him, is unknown. His coat, when he is low on Mana (or sick), returns to a more natural black color.

Backstory:

Post Example: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...37#post8700537

OOCMy knowledge of WoW is quite limited, as I only played retail and a bit of Classic some months ago.
But this still sounded like fun because I don't know when else will I have the chance to play as a Worgen!

[EDIT] Added some artwork for the tokens. So now he looks more like a Worgen and not just a furry. lol

Last edited by Dechado; Oct 17th, 2021 at 10:07 PM.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 04:29 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1351
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
I like how so far everyone that has applied has been Independent lol
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
@Onward: I'm a little foggy on how the map is even despite the maps I have found on google, A small port city in the eastern kingdom might be...Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands which is more dwarven than human but it's human friendly?

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Oct 17th, 2021 at 10:26 AM.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
There are a few different versions of the map based on the game. Pre-cataclyms and post-cataclysm are the 2 I am specifically aware of, but I have not played since Pandaria came out.

Perhaps knowing which "version" we are using for lore would help? I assumed post-cataclysm given the pandaran are race options, but are we only sticking to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, or including Northrend, Pandaria, Outlands, etc.?
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
I'm okay using the the map with the most content available. Pre-cataclysm cuz I played during that era and it sucked. I'm good with outlands, Northrend, Pandaria.

Let's just say this is an 'Independent' timeline from what the game did. The big dumb dragon didn't destroy the world.