OOC The Stands - Page 43 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 8 5 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Aug 16th, 2021, 11:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3674
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
Well... they've at least winnowed it down to the three, dear. I'm pretty sure it will go like last week. There will be a flurry of activity right before the deadline. I'm sure whatever they manage to pull together will be worth the suspense!
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 11:31 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10471
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
If they miss a post it will make narrating much easier
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 11:35 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6416
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
I finally managed to make a post in the bar! Apologies if there were any prompts that I missed!
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 11:36 PM
The Couch Girlfriend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
Well... they've at least winnowed it down to the three, dear. I'm pretty sure it will go like last week. There will be a flurry of activity right before the deadline. I'm sure whatever they manage to pull together will be worth the suspense!
We keep everyone in suspense for over a month (I even get called Admin Dirk), and now that it's out you call me dear... I swoon. You make me blush through the internet's ones and zeros.
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 11:44 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
As an addendum to my post, I'm of course aware that the PCs that were eliminated aren't able to leave the bar.

But now it is time for the narrative to conclusively explain this to Xue-Mihun as well.
I hope she doesn't die.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 05:43 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20368
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Well, I think that's the first use of Middle English in this year's Outplay!
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 07:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8282
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Epic first round!
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
I've decided on a theme now. In each of my posts I shall introduce an element of Middle-English literature; I have Chaucer for the next post. Nominations of poets (must be English language, between 1200-1500 AD) are welcome. I don't promise to use them but I will take a look
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 12:19 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9703
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
@bhelogan Eh, sorry for overstepping with the armour of words, I figured it would be fine due to the post order but was too impatient to wait for you to come online to check (plus I had already posted when Henry wisely advised me to do so!)
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 12:34 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
@LadyNotAGirl:
In regards to your last post in the bar, is "poofing" the established behaviour of what happens when one tries to exit the bar? On a meta level I'm completely aware that there will be some kind of explanation that prevents the losers from leaving, but Xue-Mihun is not at a stage where she'll just take Muffie's word that she is stuck here. Basically, if she is unable to breach or will be displaced back into the bar when she steps through the door, then the next person answering to her will be Fu. If there are no satisfying explanations to deter her from doing so, Xue-Mihun is absolutely at the stage where she might escalate. I'm not sure if Imveros is around or would read my post to handle that part of the narration for me, but the degree of what she'll do next will depend on the exact narrative reason why she can't leave. And maybe I've missed it among all our posts, but at the moment I only remember metaknowledge reasons for why she wouldn't try leaving the bar (which is part of the reason why I've kept her quiet though mostly it was my own schedule so long). So if there are no other established facts about how the adventurers are unable to exit the bar, because I don't want to make too much work for anybody I'll come up with something myself. I'm sure it's fine as long as Xue-Mihun can't leave the bar, right?

@edit:
So really, my post was less of a setup for a dramatic exit but more to put Xue-Mihun back in her place.

Last edited by Mindsiege; Aug 17th, 2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 01:04 PM
The Couch Girlfriend

Tools
User Statistics
LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post

@edit:
So really, my post was less of a setup for a dramatic exit but more to put Xue-Mihun back in her place.
Oh no, it's great, I'm just setting up the ability to have some group banter and group activity fun times. From my end Xue is going to explode, best we all be on our toes and be ready for it. Also, from the get-go, Couch Girlfriend has been able to somehow see what is happening before everyone else, and have inside information (through her phone) but she has been keeping that knowledge from the Crossing Companions. So she wouldn't expect Xue to just take her word for it, even if she just tells her the reason she cannot leave.

Last edited by LadyNotAGirl; Aug 17th, 2021 at 01:06 PM.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 01:39 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
@LadyNotAGirl:
I was contemplating whether Xue-Mihun would notice and paired with Muffie's testimony that's she's not a Companion herself, I had to weigh between Muffie and Fu who'd fall into her line of fire first. Since I quite like Muffie and also don't like PvP, that decision was easy.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, for now she's simply going to try walking through the door.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 01:43 PM
The Couch Girlfriend

Tools
User Statistics
Also, if you look back at post #6, you Xue will have noticed this, were Tikum entered 6 times, but never was able to exit. Here.

Might be something to have as a flashback for Xue if you need it, so it doesn't feel like being Meta. Also, don't hurt me, I'm the cute one.

Last edited by LadyNotAGirl; Aug 17th, 2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
Oh yeah, that post was very flavourful! My interpretation had been that this scene of entering and leaving was just part of what made up Tikum's memories, not that she physically entered and left, but while I really liked that mysterious side of Tikum's character, maybe I'd just gotten confused.

Also, no worries about Muffie getting hurt. Xue-Mihun (kind of) doesn't want to hurt the innocent.
Old Aug 19th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately Middle English poetry is very sparse on references to being hit with buildings...