OOC Fu's Bar - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook
0 8 5 0
... raised for charity (includes promised matching)!
: +

Notices

Old Jul 24th, 2021, 09:27 PM
The Couch Girlfriend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl
Betting with a Crab
"I cannot believe I am betting with a crab. This is totally worse than that time Daryl didn't make it to Round 2."

Muffie sighs and throws the first dart at the board. She contemplates if she could just tape the crab to the wall next to it if she fails.
Dice Roll:
1d20 9

"I don't want to get disqualified this time, so you can add my bonuses in after I throw them all."
Dice Roll:
1d20 2

"If you cheat, I will just tape you to the wall next to the board and take —practice—shots at you for a while."
Dice Roll:
1d20 17

After all the darts had been thrown Muffie excuses herself to go back to her couch and watch as everything plays out on her phone.

Out of Character

Old Jul 24th, 2021, 09:33 PM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32855
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Stell

"That's a 31, Princess Dirk!"

Fu Bar Dart Hall of Fame
Name Score
Stell 49
Couch Girlfriend 31
Xue-Mihun 24

Old Jul 25th, 2021, 01:43 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21788
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Heavy Steps
right-aligned image

Alright, doing Gravity Magic while Drunk was a bad idea. The backlash of her own spell had tossed her several feet into a wall with a loud crash. Which was a good clue that maybe it was time to sober up. Jiaze the Heavy has to do it the old fashioned way too. Food, and Time. From Fu she tries to get something in her stomach and switches to Water. At least, for a while.

Then the Darts game starts, and it's a bit of a specticle to watch. Was that a Crab playing? What was it with Crabs lately? This was just confusing but she had to suppose that it was one of those things that if she were to ever find the true answer it would drive her mad.

So instead, the dart game. Yes, concentrate on that. If they're not letting her leave and get to other jobs she might as well enjoy the contest. Pulling little bits from pouches and debris from her little accident earlier, she brings the pile to a table near the spot for the darts contest, and takes a breath.

It's Magic. A Fabricate Cantrip. If you hold it long enough and concentrate hard enough it can make or repair a lot of things - but to make a throwing dart? Easy. Apparently there was a rule against using Magic to Throw the Dart and she was fine with that. Bits of Wood and Metal from small Nails start to shift around and - One Dart.

Dice Dart 1:
1d20+1 (5)+1 Total = 6

And apparently she still had enough in her system to either not make good darts or not throw them very well. She decides it has to be the later and uses another Fabricate to make a 2nd dart.

Dice Dart 2:
1d20+1 (13)+1 Total = 14

Ooo, that one wasn't bad. Maybe she was sobering up? Another cantrip, another Dart.

Dice Dart 3:
1d20+2 (12)+2 Total = 14

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Jul 25th, 2021 at 01:45 AM.
Old Jul 25th, 2021, 09:20 PM
The Couch Girlfriend

Tools
User Statistics
LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl
Wait, What!"I think my game was rigged. I should have just gone to check on Jyl instead." The Couch Girlfriend says pouting and sitting back on her chaise lounge. She pulls out her phone and glances down starting to tap into the glowing screen. Suddenly she stops and lets out an audible gasp, her mouth drops open and tears form in her eyes. "No, please no. Tell me it isn't so!"

Muffie stands and walks quickly over to the bar, where she thrusts the phone in Fu's face. "What is this? I want to leave to talk with the Bishop. There has to be something I can do to help. Can you call him up, send a message, or let me out so I can go talk to him? You know I'm not one of these guys," she says pointing over her shoulder, "but I did come here to help, and this isn't right I tell you. It just isn't right." Muffie places the phone on the counter, making sure the screen is dark so no one around her can see what is going on. She places both hands on her hips as she stands looking at Fu waiting for some kind of response. Where she is from this be called the "Karen wants to speak to your manager stance". To Muffie this is called five minutes away from going full-on Crazy Ex Girlfriend.

As the tension grows between Muffie and Fu, Piddles starts to growl softly, even he can sense the anger rising in Muffie. "I am waiting Fu. And I don't really want to wait very much longer please."

Out of Character

Old Jul 26th, 2021, 09:29 PM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Gramps steps up to the dart board, rolls up his sleeve to reveal his #NoRagrets tattoo on his forearm, and pulls out a dartcase of fine Corinthian leather containing darts in a gilded gold that matches the grand proscenium arch of Her Majesty’s Winter Theatre.

"Here’s my Hall of Fame throw," he says as somecrab in the back of the bar makes loud clacking noises and starts shouting out in a stage cough Choke! Choke! Choke!

Hall of Fame Throw 1
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (12)+1 Total = 13

HoF Throw 2 with +1 custom dart and +1 first throw > 10 bonuses
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6

HoF Throw 3
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2

"Loser!" shouts a certain crab from the back of the bar. "Take your prissy opera darts and go cry me an aria!"

Gramps doesn’t agree with the assessment of his darts, but his throw was rotten. He felt genuinely awkward as he approached the unfortunate Companion whose bowl of peanuts the last dart had landed in.

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 26th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 09:45 PM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics

Fu Bar Dart Hall of Fame
Name Score
Stell 49
Jiaze 34
Couch Girlfriend 31
Xue-Mihun 24
Gramps 21

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 26th, 2021 at 09:46 PM.
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23437
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
A challenger appears!
left-aligned image
"Someone said there was a party going on?"

The door to the Fu-Bar opened to admit a gruff, ageing dwarf and his two sons. They had arrived to watch the events unfold, but the old man had gotten the time wrong and turned up halfway through! Glad to be there at least for some of the final few rounds of shenanigans, the two boys quickly raced towards an open table and beckoned Fu over. A series of gestures and whispered comments saw Fu nodding and wandering away with a wry smile on his face and the two boys beaming from ear to ear. As their father caught up with them, the younger boy called out and pointed across the bar the darts game and the growing crowd. "Father, I think that man has your face on his shirt..."

Shugaro looked over and saw Gramps and the two crabs officiating over the darts game and smiled. "So they are Isger! Come on, while we wait for our food, why don't we toss a few darts. It looks like the game is afoot - I bet some of these hardened adventurer types could teach you boys a thing or two about accuracy and patience." The two boys whooped and cheered as they charged across the bar and playfully pushed and shoved each other to see who could get to the throwing line first. The bigger Jalk edged out his younger brother and picked up the first dart. "Me first! Pay attention Isger, this is how you throw a dart..."

A tongue poked out of Jalk's mouth as the older boy focused hard on the board.
Dice First throw - no bonus:
1d20 8

He had lined up his shot, but his brother was still sour about being denied first throw so as Jalk's arm bent back, Isger tapped his elder brother's ankle, causing the dart to go wide of where he was aiming. "ISGER! Dad - Issy isn't playing fair, he's cheating again!" Shugaro waved a hand and smiled. "Just goes to show you need a bit more practice, son." Isger stuck his tongue out and lined up his own shot before his brother could prepare his own sabotage efforts.
Dice Second throw - no bonus:
1d20 6

Shugaro chuckled as this dart flew even wider. "Try opening your eyes while you throw! That one nearly hit that crab there - I bet it could do better than those efforts." The genial old dwarf was enjoying himself. As he took up the last dart, he looked across at Gramps and smiled. "Which one of those scores is yours, bodach? I had better buy you a drink after this, and perhaps you can teach my sons a thing or two."
Dice Third throw - no bonus:
1d20 2

Shugaro flicked the dart over his shoulder without bothering to look at the board, but in his motion he had managed to catch it with his pinky finger, sending it hurtling roofward. The tiny deadly projectile flew towards the ceiling and caught the edge of the lantern, deflecting off the metal and whirring down towards the board, safely lodging itself right at the edge, stuck fast between two of Stell's 10 legs. Sheepish, Shugaro turned to Gramps.

"Maybe you had better teach me a thing or two as well..."

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by pianoman90; Jul 27th, 2021 at 12:41 AM.
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 12:53 AM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
Stell
left-aligned image

"Hey, yo! Love the enthusiasm, but a bit concerned about the direction," says a sprightly crab as it dances around the dart at its feet, trying not to spill two small cocktails, each bright red, bubbly and with a lobster eye stalk for a mixer. "Wait! Wait! Wait! Kiddo ... who let you pull out those poor excuses for darts in a hallowed hall of darts? I mean, did you buy them from some gnoll who called these his pointy sticks with sharpy-on-the-end? These will never do. Let's see if we can set you up with ..."

And then the crab pauses. His jaw drops to the floor (which, since he is a crab isn't too great of a distance, but still, it doesn't happen often).

"Whoa! Kid ... are you with ... is that? Wow. Royalty itself. Don't tell ol' grumps over there but I'm a BIG FAN. BIG FAN. Even got a set of commemorative Shugaro-Fever darts here for you! No need to pay me, they are on the crab! My honor."

The crab opens up a solid-titanium case and pulls out three darts, each slick and sharp as a newly forged long sword. The colors are jade and black, and on each one is a raised script in gold etching, each of them with a different Shugaro-quote.

Any pain you feel, turn to me.
Shout at the top of your lungs, scream and rage.
Stab at me, take me down, but leave the others.

"Limited forging Season X Commemorative Specials. Extremely rare. Here, take them and see if they bring you better luck."

Bronthur Gramps Brinehonz

Gramps hears someone approach his table; and by the tone and timbre of the new arrival's voice, Gramps guesses it is a dwarf.

Unfortunately, though he can answer, he cannot greet the arrival properly. At that moment, you see, Gramps is splayed out on the bar table, sunny-side up as Stella diligently burns in the dwarf's latest tattoo on the lower, disturbingly hairy (and surprisingly amply sun-tanned ... Gramps?) left cheek.

"Sorry to greet you with my best side," he chuckles, "but I wanted to get this tattoo on before the results come out, so all the judges knew there were no hard feelings if they graded me an' the crabs low. Companion assessment teams, amirite? Bunch of pencil pushers who never get their own swords bloody. Oh well, I suppose their life is tough. Half of us love 'em, half of us have a few critiques to share. That's how it goes."

Gramps makes an attempt to roll over and offer his hand, but Stella knocks him back on his tummy. Gramps is reduced to peering over his shoulder, which is difficult because he doesn't have his glasses on and can barely make out the figure in front of him.

"So ... what brings you to the bar? Were you one of those thespian dwarves who did that Ram and Judy balcony scene? I heard that was really good! You know...I even saw the premiere of the original version of that back about 10 years ago. Nobody expected it would be such a hit, especially after that composer's earlier opera about a Companion who returned home and slaughtered 14 people on stage...I mean, that takes a certain type of audience, you know? "

"So ... I'm Bronthur ... and this is Stella. She's a superb artist, but...eh...can you tell me how it is looking?"

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E41BDAA6-EEE3-4723-BA7B-24C31B307BA0.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	91785  

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 27th, 2021 at 01:42 AM.
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 12:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8282
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Making an Entrance
At the mention of the balcony scene, a regular snoring sound that had been part of the Fu Bar's background noise becomes conspicuous by its absence. A befuddled, "Hmm...whassat?" comes from somewhere at Bronthur's feet, and the table shakes as if from the force of a thick dwarven skull ramming it blindly from below. Which turns out to be more than a simile, as a groggy, bush-bearded dwarf crawls out from under the tablecloth and blinks up at Gramps with large brown eyes, rubbing his head. With a sleepy hiccup resulting in a small cloud of pink and green bubbles that swirl to the rafters, Sorbo reaches up and uses the edge of the table to pull himself to his feet.

"Someone call for an encore?" He smiles hopefully, then sinks into a chair and starts snoring again.

Old Jul 28th, 2021, 10:43 AM
The Couch Girlfriend

Tools
User Statistics
SORBO!Muffie is still staring down Fu when she hears the familiar dwarf's voice. "Sorbo? Sorbo is that you?" She glares one more time at Fu, "I am not done with you yet Mister." shaking a finger in his face before she turns and runs to the sleepy dwarf. Kneeling down so that she doesn't tower above him she tries to contain her worry. "Is it true? Is Rhun gone?"

The arbiter had been progressing, his story growing on her. There was some real character development there. He even included himself as one of the idiots. Muffie's tears were welling again and she was struggling not to cry on Sorbo. He had been there, she didn't need to make things worse for him. It was her job to make things better. To cheer everyone up. She needed to pull herself together. Strong women can do amazing things for themselves and others, deeeeeeep breath... okay, back to Sorbo.

"I see you have escaped capture for the moment, what can the Couch Girlfriend get you that may help out on the off chance they find you later? Do you need some sparkly glitter to make your paintings shine extra brightly? Oh! Do you want to borrow Piddles so he can bite the guard's ankles? I do love Piddles and wouldn't mind letting you borrow him. I'm sure we can find something you could use in this big purse of mine. It has literally anything you could think of inside!" Muffie starts to rummage through her bag slowly. She pulls out paperclips and a few more safety pins that can be used to pick locks if Sorbo can get them inside, maybe in his beard? Then she has a lightbulb moment. "While I am looking through all of this stuff, I did want to teach you a new painting style. It's called the Prison Break and I think it may come in handy especially if you can use it to cause a distraction enough for you to escape and release whoever else gets captured."

Muffie was worried that she didn't plan hard enough with the adventuring party the last time and so many of them had gotten into trouble. This time she would be more prepared. Noticing that Sorbo was a little groggy still she wanted to give him a little space. "You get woken up and think about what you need Okay? I am going to go check in on everyone else. Just come see me when you are ready. I also need to see a crab about a rematch. Hold on to your important items, the crab will try to swindle you out of them in the darts game."

The Rockstar and the Kids
Looking around the room again Muffie finally noticed the other newcomers. Apparently, she has been lost in her own world trying to get out of here that she was not being a very good observer. Walking over to the New man she swore she already knew him... where had she seen him... his face at least was so familiar. Thinking this hard made her face get at scrunched up, and she knew she was getting a wrinkle. This town probably didn't have botox, she was doomed. Dang it Muffaletta Joans, think, where do we know this man? She pulled out her phone and took a photo so she could do facial recognition. Maybe it would pull up fictional characters? Before she could hit send, however, it finally dawned on her... Gramps' Shirt! That was the man on Gramps' shirt. Some famous rock star, the old man's kids were into.

Well, now she HAD to introduce herself. She was flabbergasted that Gramps had not been screaming and being a total fanboi yet. Looking around she noticed Stella giving the old man a tattoo, and he was facedown in a chair oblivious to what was going on. At least one of the crabs was good for something. Muffie walks across the bar towards the man and sticks out her hand, batting her lashes and being her normal bubbly self. "Muffaletta, Muffie, Joans. I'm the Couch Girlfriend, everyone's cheerleader, and the very best helper around. I, like you, am not a Crossing Companion, but my friend over there does have your face on his shirt. Your boys are cute, but watch it around that crab, he's a sneaky one." Muffie leans in and whispers. "I have serious business with the Bishop, if you know of a way out of here please let me know."

Time to see a Crab about some Darts.
Having everything settled for the moment it was time for that rematch with a crab about some darts. Whoever left the dart set on her bag earlier had clearly rigged them to lose, so Muffie tosses them in the trash before asking her bag for a set that suits her better.
The Louis Vuitton did not fail her. It never does. Out of the shimmering box came three pink resin darts that shimmer with glitter and luster dust. The tips were golden, and they fill the air with a pleasant scent of vanilla and strawberries. It reminds you of a warm summer day. Where the boring feather parts normally are is a cute red glitter heart.

"So the terms Crab. You win, I think about joining your team of weird Crossing Companions, I win, you get me some one-on-one time with that cutie Imveros. How about it?"
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (14)+1 Total = 15

"These darts are much better"
Dice Roll:
1d20+1+4 (11)+1+4 Total = 16

"Yep, I think you set me up to fail last time Crab..."
Dice Roll:
1d20+1+4 (8)+1+4 Total = 13

"Beat a 44 for round the 2nd."

Out of Character

Last edited by LadyNotAGirl; Jul 28th, 2021 at 10:56 AM.
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8282
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Sweet Sorrow
Sorbo opens one bleary eye and regards Muffie, whereupon the sorrow in the painter's gaze nearly drowns her. He croaks out the next words, "Yes, gone. The unthinkable has happened. Our Rhun...got himself Ley'd." He sighs with a mournful gasp, pulls out a white hankie, and blow his nose loudly. Once the dust settles, he smiles at her next remarks, clearly glad for a distraction. "Well, I *have* been considering getting into mixed media. Thank you that is very helpful."

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jul 28th, 2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 08:42 PM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
Stella
left-aligned image

The other crab steps across a glitter-spilled table and approaches Ms. Joans.

"He's too hyped up about Shugaro to do a rematch," she explains. "So it's you, me, and my Darts of the Deep."

The crab reaches into a seashell and pulls out three darts, each jet black like the depths of the Hadopelagic, with occasional burst of electric energy erupting across them. The flights are long and loose, like the tentacles of a squid gliding behind its sleek body.

"Here goes my Hall of Fame throws ... and for our little side bet, little Miss Side Chick."

Dice First Hall of Fame Throw for Stella:
1d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3

"Well that, as we crabs say, sucks big fat sea weenie cucumbers."

Dice Stella's second throw:
1d20+1 (18)+1 Total = 19

"At least we have a game ... maybe"

Dice Stellas final throw:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7

"Well, I peeked prematurely. Reminds me of a crab I know. Anyway, you win, girlfriend," Stella says before pausing to think. "Hmmm ... we're probably the last crabs that Imveros might listen to, but if anything will do it, then it might be this."

Ways for CG to Have Imveros as Her GM-Jeeves
  • Become a Community Supporter
  • Walk in like you own the place, post: "Hey, my CS Chummers! I really want to play a ShadowRun tutorial, but mehr gawd, I. Can't. Believe. You. Don't. Have. One. So ... What's the next-best-thing? And which of you dragons do I have to deal with to get one?"

"I'm not saying that will 100% work, but it's the genuine best idea I got. I gotta go now, Bronthur has a two-cheek, two-tats, leave-no-cheek-behind policy and so far we've only done one."

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 28th, 2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 02:31 AM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
Gov. Brick's Head
left-aligned image

A head rolls into the bar, orders a full-bodied beer, takes a few sips, and then approaches the dart board.

He tilts his crown and drops three darts into his mouth. Each dart is a uniform, green color—as clean and sparse as a vacant lawn—and each dart flies swift and true toward the board as the head spits them out in rapid succession.

Dice Hall of Fame Throw No 1 for Gov. Brick's Head:
1d20+1 (20)+1 Total = 21

Dice Hall of Fame Throw No 2 +11 with advantage:
2d20+11kh1 (2, 1 (keeping 2) )+11 Total = 13

Dice Hall of Fame Throw No 3:
1d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19

"I believe my 53 puts me at the top of the board," he says with satisfaction as he rolls toward the bar to take a stool and begin sharing a story about his week. Newbies always have the best stories.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gov. Brick's Head.png
Views:	98
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	91889  

Last edited by bananabadger; Aug 1st, 2021 at 02:35 AM.
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 02:38 AM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics

Fu Bar Dart Hall of Fame
Name Score
Gov. Brick's Head 53
Stell 49
Jiaze 34
Couch Girlfriend 31
Stella 29
Xue-Mihun 24
Gramps 21
Jalk 16

(Please feel free to quote this table, add your own score, and post after your character throws. Rules in this post.)

Last edited by bananabadger; Aug 1st, 2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old Aug 3rd, 2021, 12:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
RamonaQ RamonaQ RamonaQ
Rival Sorority Mixer Dart-Off
left-aligned image
"I, too, date nerds," she said. "And losers. That's right, I date losers. One in particular, one loser here who is a loser is also secretly my boyfriend. But on the down low because he lost. My public boyfriend is totes a lawyer who plays all the sports balls, for real, and I am sure he would shut the companions down for all the sneaky stuffs and things they per-per-trated. Still, I can't let my secret nerd boyfriend down. I am going to do my best to beat that decapitated churl at the darts."

Dice actual throw one:
d20 4

Dice throw 2 no bonus:
d20 9

Dice throw 3 no bonus and I was drunk and you cheated:
d20 4

"So, there. I think that wins. But I am bad at maths."

Last edited by RamonaQ; Aug 3rd, 2021 at 12:52 AM.