Other Warhammer 40K: W&G hive Charybdis alight - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4391
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
Warhammer 40K: W&G hive Charybdis alight

Game NameWrath and Glory hive Charybdis alight
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
Themecombat-heavy, hold the line
Flavourscience fantasy
Plot Summarystrange happenings have been occurring in the depths of hive Charybdis. bodies turn up, carved with strange symbols and missing body parts. an inquisitorial team has been dispatched to investigate the rumors of cultist activity, and purge it if possible, they have arrived on the holy battleship eminent domain, itself a relic of the dark age of technology. will our heroes be able to purge the unknown threat? or will they fall, as many have before them?

this is warhammer 40k

https://www.doctors-of-doom.com/vault/

the mission is simple. several teams have gone missing in the selenium mines under hive Charybdis, your job is to find out what happened. at the same time, hive Charybdis is a powder keg, just waiting for the spark to set it ablaze.

personally id prefer psykers over blanks, so we're banning the sister of silence archetype

skirt length background is all i'm asking for.

you're all meeting each other for the first time

sheets later, character concepts are all im asking for

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Nov 19th, 2021 at 05:38 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 06:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Yay! Love me some 40k! Definitely needs more representation!

What tier are you thinking about?

Any restrictions? (I assume Imperium only)

Is abundance of apocrypha allowed or we sticking to the core manual?
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
tier 4, imperium only

sure what the heck, we'll allow it

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Nov 17th, 2021 at 07:04 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3088
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Definably interested in something like this! Will put something together later tonight for this for sure!

Especially when @ursinorum is involved, its gonna be good!
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
fyi, id like a 1/day posting, but i could relax that to once every couple of days
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Winds of View Post
Especially when @ursinorum is involved, its gonna be good!
Aahww! That's a lovely lie! Thanks!
Old Nov 18th, 2021, 04:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
i will attempt to add more to the mission briefing
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 04:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Burt WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Burt
Race: Ogryn
Archetype: Ogryn Warrior

Background: Burt started as a shock trooper in the Gilead 394th Gravediggers Regiment, partaking in the long and gruesome campaign against the Great Despot of Dregruk. The Orks great numbers and ferocity definitely dragged the war beyond what was believed possible, but the Ogryn Units proved to be a great help of slowing down the unstoppable advance of the greenskins. It's likely that their ability to withstand damage and their brutality saved so many guardsman that they tilted the scales in favor of the imperium.

Due to being mildly more accurate in his shooting than his companions (even though still not reaching the minimum required to the rest of the Astra Militarum), Burt was promoted to Gun Lugger, spending almost a year laughing maniacally at discharging his heavy weaponry at the Orks. Due to the morbid turnover of war, Ogryn Bone'eads needed constant resupply of above-average intelligent Ogryns and Burt was commended for having the rare skill of "occasionally stop firing when no enemies are in sight" and was given the B.O.N.E. augmentation and put in command of an unit of ogryns, determined to shield the guardsmen that fought behind them.

At the end of the Ork campaign, Burt was awarded several paper medals by his Commissar and was promoted to Personal Guard Duty, assigned first to a young Inquisitor and later to a team on its way to Charybdis.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Nov 24th, 2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 12:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
done and dusted.
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3088
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Application WIPName: Astrovicus Empix
Face: Primarus Astartes
Archetype: Grey Knight

Background:
I am the Hammer
I am the tip of his spear, the mail about his fist
I am the bane of his foes
I am the end

Grey Knights Combat Music

If Space Marines are the bulwark against the darkness and chaos of The Warp and the Chaos Gods themselves, the the Grey Knights are a further enhanced shield against that very darkness. They are an even more selective order of Adeptus Astartes. The mere trials to become such a iron willed warrior are numerous and push candiates to the very limits of body and mind. Mnay are left broken withering shells of their former selves, and promptly discarded or buried; never to be deal t with again.

But, the few who survive and go onto become Grey Knights are a force to be reckoned with. Both physically (as is any Space Marine) but also mentally. They are simply unbreakable. Typically, becuase they are part of the Ordo Malls, Grey Knights hunt Daemons, but can be dispatched by their Brother0Captains to battle any darkness that might arise.

Although he doesn't remember his "old" name, home world or anything about his life prior to joining the Grey Knights, which is entirely intentional, so that not even his name can be used agaisnt him by the darkness t corrupt him.

Last edited by Howling Winds of; Nov 21st, 2021 at 04:49 AM.
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
alright, since i highly doubt we're getting anyone else, start on the character development
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 11:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Just because this didn't explode like the serenity game, it doesn't mean that it's dead on arrival, that's why most games have a 2-3 weeks deadline, or at least until it gets pushed into the second page
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 11:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
thanks, but i know i have little patience. nevertheless, i will persist
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 03:20 AM
E X • N O X • L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20911
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
Hiya, @Ursinorum! Hey @Hotshot!

Just dropping by here to say I'm happy games like these are in the site, but I have zero idea of how to play this game even though obviously I'm a fan of the WH40k art and the little lore that I know.

Hope you find another player soon!

Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 09:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
thanks elderoblex.
Closed Thread