DnD5e A Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 9th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2695
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Crovall the Bear:
right-aligned image

Character concept: Crovall Dimun is a Half-elf that might be around thirty years old but has lost track. He survives off the land and forests, usually by himself, traveling from place to place and lending his skills in defeating dangerous threats to the common folk. When the mist engulfed him, he had tracked a hippogriff to it's lair and had fought it nearly to a draw, at great cost to himself.

Character Class: Crovall is a Ranger, specialized in hunting and eliminating 'Monsters'

Character Appearance: Crovall is a large man, nicknamed the Bear because he mimics a bear in size, girth and presence. He has broad shoulders with shaggy black hair and beard streaked with grey. He wears a medallion gave to him by a silversmith as payment that resembles the head of a bear. His face bears the scars of his profession and weathering from his constant outdoor lifestyle. He prefers simple clothes and armor of leather with a warm fur cloak and a sword slung across his back. His eyes are dark, betraying a hard truth behind his existence.

Character Background: Crovall the Bear lives in the rough and if he didn't prefer it, he wouldn't have much choice for in his world, to be a half-breed is to be looked down upon. If not for the sin of his own dual nature, then for the sin of his parents, consorting outside their own kind. His kind are mongrels but even mongrels have their uses in the eyes of the opportunistic. His job as a mercenary-for-monsters is what puts food in his mouth and is his only contact with a world that has shunned him.

Secret Application Section

Horror-do's and Horror-Don't's
-I'm good with whatever or rather, I have never seen the thing that will make me cringe yet.

-Aside: I am willing to start the adventure with less than full health for the sake of rp flavor.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Sep 26th, 2021 at 02:05 AM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3818
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Question: Is the secret section to be put behind an actual secret tag (i.e. concealed from other applicants)?
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 06:38 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8014
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daendil View Post
Question: Is the secret section to be put behind an actual secret tag (i.e. concealed from other applicants)?
Preferably, yes.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 07:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6075
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
App
right-aligned image

Name: Fellto
Race: High Elf
Sex: Male
Background: Guild Artisan (Painter)
Trait: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.
I don't part with my money easily and will haggle tirelessly to get the best deal possible.
Ideal:Community. It is the duty of all civilized people to strengthen the bonds of community and the security of civilization.
Bond:I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
Flaw:I'm quick to assume that someone is trying to cheat me.
Class: Bard - College of Creation
Appearance: A auburn haired elf with pale eyes and a bright skin complexion, Fellto looks to be an individual that exudes calmness and approachability. Fellto's attire usually has a tattered red cloaked wrapped around him, his attire is that of usual travel clothes but he has a leather armor that's colored gold and black with a strange pattern print. It was painted on by Fellto himself, the elf usually paints some of his wears whenever the creativity strikes him. He also wears fake jewelry ornaments and on his person is always his painting tools and a panflute.

Fellto has a creative and inquisitive mind, making him want a need to learn more and gain more. However, he also has a greedy side that doesn't relate to his past, he was just born with it.

Character Bio: Fellto has been in Ravenloft for around 12 years, and has been wandering as a mere traveler for that long, no better than the vistani that live their but that's were their differences. He travels around to help people, throughout all the towns and villages he visited in each Domain he visits, he gave them free drinks, songs, paint them artwork that could give them joy and would eventually create a trinket for the children's entertainment, if only for a short while. Though he may from time to time asked a Vistani to serve as a Pathfinder to travel through the different domains of Ravenloft, he has a distaste for them, nothing personal but just a general distaste for them. However his purpose is unclear, when asked, Fellto would respond that it's guild business but he has not earned any profit throughout those years he spent in Ravenloft and sides, it would be plain suicidal to send someone to Ravenloft just for the purpose of making a profit. One things for sure that all residents agree on about the red cloaked traveller, they don't trust him and are afraid of his presence. It reminds them of something vile.

Last edited by Onward; Sep 9th, 2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6075
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Aight, I think I'm finish with my app.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 08:02 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onward View Post
Aight, I think I'm finish with my app.
Noted & Updated in the main advertisement (along with all the other applicants).

Also, as an aside:

For those who have applied or are thinking about applying, I'd like your feedback on something. What are your thoughts on creating a Discord server for the game as a means to communicate OOCly about posting statuses and/or various other alerts? Would that be something that interests you or not? I'm currently in a game now where we do this and it has been pretty convenient.

Keep in mind: the actual game itself will still be played %100 here on RPGX, not on Discord. The server would merely be a means for quicker, more instantaneous communication or sharing.

Just a thought! Anyway, let me know what you think.

Great apps so far! I can already tell this is going to be a difficult one.

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 9th, 2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 06:18 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1555
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
I am happy using Discord for OOC chat. I should also have my app up this weekend.
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 06:46 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I think a discord chat would be fine for ooc discussions or to occasionally nudge me if I forget to post after a while, but I'd still like to keep as much of the game on RPGX as possible!
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 07:25 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I'm not big into discord but it doesn't matter to me as long as there is an ooc chat in the game thread that isnt getting neglected
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 09:21 AM
'Til all are one

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4947
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Krion
Character Basics
right-aligned image

Name: Krion (aka Krion, King of Beasts)
Race: Leonin
Class: Barbarian, (Path of the Totem)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Traits:
- I thrive in the face of adversity. I feel most alive when I feel death’s breath upon the back of my neck.
- I despise arrogance, particularly from those who have no deeds to accompany their inflated words. Such people are swiftly trampled into the sands.
Ideal:
- I believe in a quick, clean kill. Drawing out a fight to be a spectacle for the sake of the crowd is one thing, but when the decision is made to end it, do it swiftly and totally. There is nothing so ignoble as bleeding out into the sands, mewling like a wounded lamb. No foe deserves that.
Bond:
- I thrive on the adoration of others. I was taught from a young age that my life depended upon the good graces of the crowd. My own self-worth is inextricably linked to the praise and admiration of others. Sad as that may be.
Flaw:
- I was raised to entertain the masses. My life weighted in worth by the victories in the arena and the cries of screaming fans. Without them, I have no real knowledge of who, or what, I am.

AppearanceKrion stands just shy of 7 feet tall, with a heavy, muscular frame. His face is framed by a mane of auburn and blonde hair, thick but cropped short, so as not to be too easily grasped by his foes. His feline features are squarish and strong, with eyes that burn golden, and lips that are turned upwards in what is an almost perpetual snarl. He carries himself with a confidence that seems, at least on the surface, to be impossible to diminish. One who is used to the adoration of screaming fans.

He is clad in the usual garb of the gladiator, bare chested with only vambraces, greaves and a single pauldron crafted from both steel and leather as protection to turn away an opponent’s blade. Despite this, he has little in the way of scars, a testament to his skill in the arenas of Theros. The occasional blemish mars the fur of his arms and chest, telling the tales of those few opponents who had managed to draw his blood and spill it upon the sands of the arena.

BackgroundKrion’s existence has consisted of but three things. Steel, blood and sand. He knows little of his origins, except that he hails from the plains of Oreskos. Born of warrior stock descended from the mythologies themselves, a long line of Kings and Queens who ruled the savage Leonin of those plains with a strength that makes even the Gods quake in their celestial temples. At least, that’s what the crowd is told. Krion has no idea how much truth is in any of that, though he expects it is very little.

In truth, he suspects that a band of particularly brave or foolish slavers managed to take him as a cub from his homeland. A Leonin enslaved is a rare thing indeed, and it is likely that Krion himself was acquired either through treachery or sheer luck. Regardless, the details of his capture are irrelevant. The only thing that truly matters to this tale is that he had been captured, and sold on to Master Atakios.

From as young as he can remember he was raised for the arena. His master was not a foolish man, and he knew that there would be no greater worth for a Leonin slave than in shedding blood for the masses on the sands of the arena. So, as soon as he could grasp a dagger, the young cub was taught the arts of battle. No expense spared. He was fed the finest wares, and given every accommodation to ensure he grew into a strong, fearsome warrior.

He was raised to believe that the only desire he had was the adoration of the crowd. Promised that perhaps, if he was mighty enough, he could someday ascend to the status of Champion and perhaps even earn his freedom. He was told, always, that it was only through the love and adoration of the arena crowds that he could find any worth. These lessons continued throughout his entire childhood, accompanied by the endless training drills and conditioning exercises that filled his days between meal and rest times.

When he was old enough, finally judged by his master to be big and strong enough to face the rigours of the arena, He was thrust into the arena for the first time. Small games held in distant settlements, far removed from the great Polis of Theros. Stepping out onto the sands of that small backwater fighting pit, as the crowd roared, steel clashed and the scent of blood spilled carried upon the air every lesson given him to that point was reaffirmed. He had been crafted for this.

The efforts of his Master had not been wasted. Krion proved to be a natural to the arena. His indomitable presence, his raw power, and careful honing of his martial skills at the hands of his tutors all combined to forge him into a being of warrior of considerable talent. He made short work of the washed up veterans and aspirant-gladiators of the outlying arenas. He was too strong, too fierce and too skilled for the likes of them.

So, within a short span, he and his master made it to the Great Arenas of the Polis. Travelling between the cities of man, Krion earned his master great wealth and fame. Rebranded as Krion, “King of the Beasts”, he became a drawcard at countless games held for the common citizen and nobility alike. The spectacle of Krion facing other warriors grew dull for the crowd, so they instead pitted him against all manner of beast and monstrosity. Always, they demanded more from him and always he delivered.

One might have thought such a life might tax one of his kind. Fiercely independent and accustomed to freedom on the plains of Oskeros as the Leonin typically are, however not so for Krion. He had known no other life, and never been taught anything other than his worth was to be found in the Arena. It mattered not what they pitted against him. He would either die in glorious spectacle, or he would thwart death again. There was no greater thrill than standing upon that sand, his foe lying broken at his feet, and the earth shattering roar of the crowd reverberating all around him. This, was what he had been born for.

He might have continued on in this vein, living to please the crowd, and his master, to find the value of his existence in the good will and graces of others, had it not been for one fateful day. Stepping out onto the sounds, the roar of the crowds echoing the roar bellowed from within his own lungs, he basked in the adoration of them all. Today, he mused, he would crush whatever foe they dragged before him and gain his place in the Grand Games, the chance at freedom the stakes. The mist rolled in around him, an effect, no doubt, that the Games Masters had effected to illicit the rapturous affirmation of the crowd. Yet as it enveloped him, and the world around him began to fade, he wondered if, perhaps, he was wrong about that…

Horror do's and don't's
- I really have no qualms with any content. Full waiver signed here!

Last edited by Arkaon; Sep 29th, 2021 at 01:08 AM.
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3818
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
@DaniLore: absolutely love your theme music!
@Chylopan: added secret section. I'm indifferent towards Discord.
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 12:58 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
I think my application is finished
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'm pretty sure I'm complete? I moved the secret stuff to an actual secret tag so it should be okay now.
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 01:15 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
I think my application is finished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm complete? I moved the secret stuff to an actual secret tag so it should be okay now.
I will update them shortly, thanks!
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Imagine water to be dry..

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26984
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
@Chylopan - I've always wanted to give a Ravenloft type game a try, but haven't had the chance. I do have a Blood Hunter character that I wrote up for another Ravenloft game ad a game, by the way, that you got into while I didn't ) I might just have to dust him off, do some polishing, and tweaking to fit this different Ravenloft setting and see what I come up with.

+

Last edited by Chrystrom; Sep 10th, 2021 at 03:56 PM.