DnD5e The All Realm: Flames of Heliandria - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 20th, 2019, 01:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
I know! Even if I'm not chosen, if love to be a fly on the wall when the party works out their dynamic(s). Will they have worked together for a while? Do they know each other at all or only have heard of each other. What roles do they play in the Prince's life?
Man, I wanna read that book! Ok, Imma wish everyone lots of luck right now. Might not get a chance to later!
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 12:47 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3873
Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia
I've updated the main post with the most recent application information. I'm very excited as well!

I'll run the clock out on the deadline and announce my selection the morning of Monday, July 22nd. If anyone is able to get in an application before then, it'll be considered.

Looking forward to getting this game started!
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Not-So-Great Old One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3880
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hoo...I don't envy you the job of selection. Waiting with baited breath.

Good luck, everyone!
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37298
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
As do we all!
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18532
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Agreed. All of the characters seem amazing. It'll definitely be a great read no matter who gets picked.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 01:47 PM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23586
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
A mundane time of antiquity is such a cool backdrop to explore different characters than people normally play.

Good luck to everyone and Olympia too. Magic happens.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12186
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Oh man, I wish I had seen this earlier! Looks awesome! ^u^

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
You've got 24 hours. I've seen you put something together faster than that before lol.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Haha that is true, Days! XD seems to be my thing to apply by the skin of my teeth lol

Old Jul 20th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
laurelthrone
looking forward to seeing how things go
everyone's characters look great
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 05:44 PM
flawless disaster

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
Shutteredskies
Last minute application - hope I'm not too late!
Public application
Name: Selchias Lyssen
Race: Empyrean Elf

Appearance
Empyreans are renowned for their unearthly beauty, most of which is wasted on Selchias. The elf is a mixture of overly refined mannerisms and rather shabby attire. Dark circles have gathered under his green eyes from countless nights spent awake poring over old parchment illuminated by nothing except a single candle. His dark hair is allowed to grow to almost shoulder length to save him the trouble of pruning it back, carefully tied back in a ponytail to keep it out of his face. For the ageless elves, Selchias looks older and more wearied than his age justifies, though of course, still nowhere near his age, with none of the customary wrinkles that mark the passage of time for a human. Nevertheless, Selchias is a rather unfortunately mundane example of his race.

He stands tall, for an empyrean elf, and moves with obvious grace and precision that had been instilled in him since birth. Selchias maintains an expression of constant boredom, as if permanently disappointed by the lack of excitement in world around him. It is only when engaged in a conversation that his features become animated, more like a living being rather than a distinguished marble statue.

His attire seldom changes. He seems to prefer tunics that are, at a glance, plain and rather muted. A more careful examination will reveal fine fabric and careful stitching meant to endure years of wear and tear. He wears a long cloak, almost constantly – presumably, he feels the cold. Evidently, the same cloak has been work for years, possibly decades, but it is nevertheless the most obviously expensive piece of apparel on Selchias, with its brilliant green color, long since faded, and the extravagant embroidery on its borders.
Personality Traits
  • A benefit of his noble upbringing, Selchias’ father bought him personal tutors to teach him the finer points of composure, etiquette, and oration. He knows perfectly well how to be polite, pleasing, and blend in amongst the upper echelons, if needs must.
  • Selchias enjoys being thought of as the most erudite individual in the room, and contrives to be an inexhaustible font of obscure knowledge, most of no interest to anyone but himself. In all situations, he first endeavours to learn as much as he could about everything that surrounds him. He enjoys conducting extensive research into just about any topic, whether it be academic or personal.

Character Flaws
  • Somehow, Selchias finds a way to relate everything that occurs back to him. If something goes wrong, he’ll contrive to explain it as if it was completely his fault. If something was successful, then it was all thanks to him. Selchias hasn’t seemed to grasp the fact that interesting things happen to people other than himself.
  • While he loves to learn about the secrets of others, Selchias tends to be vague every time the conversation turns to himself. He doesn’t seem to be capable of telling the truth about his past, or even telling the same story about his past twice.

Background Bond
  • A group of rather unscrupulous individuals know about each and every skeleton in his closet. They don't seem to want much from him, but they've made it very clear that Selchais' body, soul, and everything he possesses down to the tiny brass buttons on his boots belong to them. As far as Selchias is concerned, they might as well be holding a knife to his throat.

Background Ideal
  • Being the poor son of a rich father has its ups and downs, but mostly downs. There never seems to be quite as much money as he needed, and as a result, Selchias places a high value on material goods. What he appreciates most, however, are works of art. People tend to come and go, but true works of beauty define a generation. He would give everything, just to preserve a few shining examples of artistic ingenuity, whether it be literature, paintings, or music.

Trinket
  • A penknife with a bronze blade and a delicate ivory handle, obviously meant primarily for decorative use, with actual functionality coming second.

Last edited by Shutteredskies; Jul 22nd, 2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
I added my trinket and a couple memories. I will probably try to do another one later tonight, but either way I think my app is complete. Please let me know if you find anything amiss.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
Application: Complete

I'm cutting it close, but hey! I'll throw my app in the ring for fun and consideration!

Cazimer Sargonus
Character Basics
right-aligned image
Name:
Cazimer Sargonus

Race:
Chimera (half-elf)

Description:
Cazimer Sargonus, the second son to the late Elias Sargonus, while not necessarily unfriendly by any means, is a stoic and serious-minded man. He takes pride in taking himself seriously, and he never uses words flippantly. Every utterance has purpose and he doesn't dwell on fancy speeches. Ostentatious displays, to him, are only seen as a distraction, and he'd much rather act efficiently and effectively. In this way, his words hold tremendous weight.

Cazimer's dark brown, almost black hair, has minimal maintenance to it, often cut short with nothing else done. Unlike many half elves, he is capable of growing facial hair, and he is usually unshaven unless a reason dictates otherwise. The dark-clad man never wonders aimlessly. He always has a goal in mind wherever he goes, and his stride is determined as if nothing can get in his way to reach his destination.

Character Background
Personality Traits
  • Silence is to Listen: Many have the gift of gab, talking into the empty air to fill it with noise. One learns best if one listens, especially to those who have too much to say. Listening and understanding a perspective serves best in many situations-- especially to influence or exploit.
  • Fidelity to a Fault: Analytical minds often seem detached and cold, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a heart or greater good behind it. The Sargonus’s are devoted in duty, honor and tradition.
Character Flaws
  • Cynical Age: The older I get and with all the courtly experiences, the more I become increasingly cynical. Judgments can be difficult for me to change once made.
  • Rumors in the Dark: The Sargonus House have been around for a very long time, and their interactions with others are shifty are best. The speculations of the aloof Sargonus House swing in vastly different directions, yet none know if any of the rumors are true, and thus they may not be completely trusted by most.

Background Bond
  • Vow and Tradition The vows the Sargonus's have made are not to be broken, and every generation before me knew this. I know this, and I will continue it forward.
Background Ideal
  • Responsibility: I do what I must for those I care for, and there is no line I won't cross for their safety and well-being.

Trinket:
  • A simple black band that, when worn on the finger, shows lines of silver. It's an old family relic.

Last edited by Odyssey; Jul 21st, 2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 12:02 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 709
HoJoonYun HoJoonYun HoJoonYun HoJoonYun HoJoonYun HoJoonYun HoJoonYun
So glad I found this before the application period was over!

Public Section
right-aligned image
Basic Character Details:
Name: Cyris Apion
Race: Human (Centaur)

Physical Description: At over six feet three inches tall, Cyris is seen as an opposing figure by most, especially when in full armor. Typical of his Centaur heritage, muscles lay taut and strong along his frame, enhanced over years of constant training and the demands of a military life. He keeps dark brown hair cut short enough that most don't notice the early signs of grey starting to peek through and his equally short beard shows tints of red in the right light. His dark brown eyes sometimes appear almost as black pits that one could fall into. He has a pleasant disposition and can often be found joking and playing with the other soldiers in their down time. However, when on campaign or in search of his prey, his gaze is focused and resolved.

Cyris is almost always in his military garb and armor, save for the rare occasion that requires him to sport more traditional garments. Even then, he will often elect to go with simple tunics and robes rather than more intricately designed pieces. Beneath his shirt and armor, a leather thong necklace with peculiar looking beads lays against his skin.

Character Summary:
Personality Traits:
  • I am fascinated by creatures of myth, and seek out new information on the monsters of old at every turn. I believe them to exist and go out of my way to search for them.
  • I value hearing all opinions, no matter how outrageous, before making a decision. Knowing how it feels to be scoffed at for one's beliefs I am willing to give others the benefit of the doubt.
Flaws:
  • I will never question the morality or consequences of the orders that I am given; regardless of the perceived integrity of the commander giving them. I believe that following orders is for the greater good, regardless of the outcome.
  • Due to the blind trust I have in my superiors and commanding officers I am easily manipulated.
Ideal:
  • I follow the law and military protocol under any circumstance. Laws are essential to keep the city safe and happy. Justice for breaking the laws should be swift.
Bond:
  • I believe all soldiers should protect the royal family with their lives. I have been specifically tasked with protecting Matthiaos by the Gods. Anything that wishes to harm Matthiaos will have to go through me first.
Trinket:
  • Cyris wears a necklace strung with two black fangs and four blue beads in between. When Cyris doubts himself or his mission, he has a tendency to fidget with the fangs.

Last edited by HoJoonYun; Jul 21st, 2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 02:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5943
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Fianna
.Name: Fianna Grenell
Race: Dune Elf

left-aligned image

right-aligned image

Description
While Fianna may no longer be in her prime, she's not yet to the age where aches and pains prevent someone from being active. She still has most of her original beauty - long black hair that's only got a few traces of gray, and a well proportioned face. Not one to blend in with a crowd: taller than other elven woman, and with a complexion even darker than most Dune elves. At home in her kitchens, she's usually found in a simple dress wearing a large apron, a cloth tie around her hair, sleeves rolled up to escape the flour caked on her hands and forearms. A ready smile and easy manner makes her liked both by commoners and noble alike.

On the adventure, her attire changes drastically. Boots replace slippers, bedouin trousers and colorful blouses replace the woolen dress, and no apron for protection, but armor worn underneath the blouse. She carries a rapier, knives, and on occasion, a bow. The softness and smiles are muted in favor for an air of businesslike efficiency and intense, almost feral eyes that pierce your soul.

BackgroundPersonality Traits
  • I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can’t help it — I’m a perfectionist.
  • I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
Character Flaws
  • I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.
  • I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong.
Background Ideal
  • Generosity. My talents were given to me so that I could use them to benefit the world.
Bond
  • I had to leave friends behind on the battlefield once. I will die before I do that again.
Trinket
  • A fragment of a beautiful song, written as musical notes on two pieces of parchment.

Last edited by anamiac; Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:40 PM.