Game Thread The Shackled City - Page 94 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Shackled City
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1396  
Old 09-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2018
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Claudius Galenus

"Grumble, grumble... Bloody clerics stealing my patients." Claudius trudged alongside Zanaver who had caused quite a few startled looks with his elderly population until the healer had explained he had acquired a pet.

As the commander posed his question, Claudius eyebrow arched up. "So now we're bounty hunters? I thought we were investigating the kidnappings and we've not captured the leader yet." He took a deep breath and continued. "Besides, the goblins are a symptom. You need to find what is causing them to emerge. What is driving them from their warrens?"
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #1397  
Old 09-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043

The Captain stares at the group for a moment and blinks silently at the Doc's mumbling before continuing.

"I was informed you had resolved the kidnappings. Are the children not safe?" The rhetorical nature of this question was not hidden in the slightest. "Besides, the Goblins are a minor issue and not high on the priority. We're simply stretched too thin as it is to pursue it further. I understand you may be tired from your recent endeavors, so take what time you need and report back if you find anything useful... or wish to collect on some bounties.

Looking at the party you couldn't quite make out his expression. It was a mix between possibly waiting for a question, or simply asking himself "why are you still here". Either way, you feel that if you have nothing further to add perhaps it would be a good time to leave.

OOC
We seem to have a lack of involvement so I'm going to move things forward... slightly. Where do you want to go / what do you want to do?

__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City
  #1398  
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2019
RPXP: 11234
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Alethia Fairchild

There were two things possibly going on here: 1) Her sister was "training" her, as was known to happen. 2) This was a ploy the duo had performed a number of times wherein Ally played the "setup" for Tali to capitalize on later. [3) DC didn't notice that the game was moving agin like Bio didn't 4) DC is otherwise unable to post a whole lot for RL reasons] Either way, Ally took the opportunity to get things rolling. "You'll have to excuse any appearance of curt displeasure at the opportunities to serve." Ally did her best to curtsey respectfully as she could given her current state of dress and cleanliness. "As you have said; we have been busy with some weighty matters and are weary. I'm sure you can understand that? But of course, when dealing with honorable men such as these;" her gesture captured the affronted Doc and Zanavear, "an honorable man such as yourself will understand that the difference between "bounty hunter" and "city guardian" is a great difference indeed!"

"So you have no knowledge as to what has them riled up at all? What can you tell us about Drakthar? Do we know anything about him? Or just the name?"
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque

Last edited by Bio; 09-22-2014 at 10:31 AM.
  #1399  
Old 09-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-17-2020
RPXP: 9307
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,168

Hatchet, the Dwarf

Hatchet followed along with the rest of the group as they made their way to the guard barracks. Something about the look and feel of the place gave Hatchet a sense of nostalgia, but he couldn't quite place why . At the mention of a goblin hunt, an almost giddy feeling begins to spread over Hatchet, although the name Drakthar does more for Nerascia .

Following on the heals of Alethia's question, Hatchet adds, "Even the littlest bit of information could be useful here."

Quick StatsHatchet, level 3 Dwarf Magus (Bladebound)
HP: 29/29, AP: 4/4, Init: +1, Speed: 20ft, Senses: DarkVision 60'
AC: 15{+4}, Touch: 11{+4}, Flat: 14{+4}, Fort: +6, Refl: +3, Will: +4
Stats: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 6
Skills Pas: Diplomacy(-1), Intimidate(+2), Perception(+5), Stealth(+0)
Skills Act: Climb(+6), Know: Arc(+7), Know: Dng(+7), Know: Rel(+9), Know: Pln(+7) ,Spellcraft(+9), UMD(+2)
Condition: Normal
Attacks: (+1) Nerascia +6 1d10+4 [x3], AP: 1/1
  #1400  
Old 09-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043

The Captain looks up from his work that he was attempting to start once more, almost surprised you were still there. Hearing the questions directed at him caught him a little off guard

"Who?" A confused look of Why does this name concern me? came across the Captain face giving the impression that its the first time he's heard it.

"Look, I'm a busy man. If you've got questions or information pertinent to the Goblins, then come see me. Otherwise you have work to do." He looks at you for a moment before returning his attention to the massive stacks of paper littering his desk.

OOC
Sense Motive if you want.

__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City
  #1401  
Old 09-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2018
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Claudius Galenus

"If you want us to go goblin hunting, you'll have to do better than: Go fetch!" Claudius regarded the captain with
Dice sense motive:
1d20+9 (11)+9 Total = 20
suspicion. Why does he want to distract us? Mayor's orders? "We need more information. How many? Where did they emerge? And as I've said before why are they coming out?" Could we have unleashed something more vicious than the troll? The beholder maybe?

__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #1402  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:39 AM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043


A look of frustration came across the Captain's face as he raised he stare once more. "If you do not wish to listen when I talk, that is your business. But do not waste my time if you aren't willing to help, or have better things to do then listen.

Lets pretend that you are exhausted and your failed hearing is due to recent events, so I will explain it again a little more slowly.

The Goblins are a recent problem, and a minor one so far. But as with any Goblin problem we know this is merely the beginning of an infestation if we can't end the problem early. We have killed a total of 16 over the past two weeks. We have no idea where they are coming out or why. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason, and certainly no pattern to their targets.

I was told you were good as solving issues, which is why you are here, but perhaps I should have brought in the Stormblades instead.

I've told you what we know, now if there is nothing else I have work to do."
He pauses with a sigh, staring in your direction in anticipation for yet another barrage of questions that are undoubtedly coming his way.

OOC
Sense Motive results:

__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City

Last edited by Ulfskar; 09-25-2014 at 12:03 PM.
  #1403  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2019
RPXP: 11234
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Alethia Fairchild

Ally curtsied once more; she was ready to leave. "Perhaps the better question is not 'why' he would want us distracted, but 'from what' does he want to distract us?" the little woman pondered in response to the doctor's question. "Notice," she then observed, "that aside form a patent having-no-answers, he also said that we were to **come to him with any questions.** This is what we call 'being handled.' A bureaucratic trick to stymie rivals with red tape." Yeah, they knew what 'being handled' meant; the definition was to lend emphasis to exactly the game they were being dealt. So what was one supposed to do with that? "I'm thinking 'hunting street goblins' should perhaps not be our focus at the moment."

"Just say nothing, try to look complacent, and leave the office. Whatever is going on, it's not here, and it's not hunting nuisance goblins."
Ally remembered the weird, downright creepy grin Mr. t'Dwarf had had at the mention of killing goblins. "Sorry Hatchet, but I'm sure we'll run across plenty of goblins that need to make an acquaince with your ax all the same." And good! Goblins! yuck!
 
**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfskar View Post
blah blah blah
"...If you've got questions or information pertinent to the Goblins, then come see me. Otherwise ..." blah blah blah
**
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque

Last edited by Bio; 09-25-2014 at 09:18 AM.
  #1404  
Old 09-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2018
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Claudius Galenus

"Do call in the Stormblades." Claudius said over his shoulder as he left the captain's office. I agree. We need to find out what's going on exactly. So back to the catacombs it is. His shoulders slumped. Another day of not caring for his patients - and no, Claudius was not going to admit that he was starting to like it.

__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #1405  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:45 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
Taliatha Fairchild
Tali was suddenly having a hard time paying attention to the guard. 'damn it, when was the last time I slept?' She shook her head. 'no, I need to focus.' in her staggered mind, she had already wasted too much time, allowing the others to stick their foots in their mouths. "I apologize for my friend. He's got a lot on his plate right now. But as you said yourself, 'oh gods, am I really speaking as if I'm part of their group now?'we solve problems, we don't maintain the status quo. If you want us to look into the issue and cut the head off the beast, stop the goblins from leaving their warrens, that's one thing, but we aren't pest control. We could spend the rest of our lives hunting goblins down with the way they reproduce. When you find a lead that might bring us to the heart of the issue, let us know and we'll strike at it. Until then, if you're having trouble with goblin overflow, I'm sure there are plenty of dumb brutes at the tavern who know how to swing a sword. Try putting up a bounty on goblin ears, maybe five gold a pair. Civilian entrepreneurs will take care of the problem for you. Until then, although we rescued the children, we still need to ensure that history does not repeat itself. However, if we do come up with something useful, I promise to share it with you, if you do the same for our hunt."
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by darthcharon; 09-24-2014 at 02:47 PM.
  #1406  
Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Lacoran's Avatar
Lacoran Lacoran is offline
Cartoon Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-31-2019
RPXP: 1207
Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran
Posts: 2,534
Zanaver Darkeyes
I don’t think he is trying to distract us. I just think that this guy doesn’t know anything and he thinks the Goblins are an issue that is too unimportant for him to deal with so he is trying to pass it off on us. From the look of this office, it is easy to tell he is buried in work.

At this point I say we all go home to rest up for the night and head back into Jzadirune in the morning. We can deal with the goblin if and when they become a problem.


Zanaver takes a few steps toward one of the side walls of the office, as so he could lean his back aginst something while everyone makes up their own mind.

”If Claudius leaves”
Zanaver takes his place next to his companion and heads out the door with Doc.

Last edited by Lacoran; 09-24-2014 at 08:32 PM.
  #1407  
Old 09-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043
DM Text
Exiting Jzadirune early gave the promise of a day's rest, though the reality of an Adventurer's life was quickly brought to the forefront as you were greeted in the streets by guards and Goblins.

Spending a short time on errands, and an even shorter time talking with the overworked, militaristic-to-the-core, Captain of the guard; you did manage to find some rest with an early night and slow morning.

Rising in the morning you are greeted with a rare sight as the sun pierces the clouds sending radiant beams of light to dance, skip, and play in the morning fog still lingering in the streets of Cauldron. This crisp and cool day would no doubt warm quickly giving way to a beautiful Autumn day. A quick glance to the west reveals your hopes to be false as you can see more grey clouds quickly making their way to dampen any hope of staying dry.

Gathering at Ghelve's Locks once more you find a new man inside. Happier then before he is still eagerly conversing and playing with Starbrow and greets you Perhaps faked, but better then the past. A hint of "why are you in my store again?" can be detected over his greetings.warmly as you enter.

Making your way down the secret passage and once more into Jzadirune brings back a sense of impeding doom as you inhale the still stale air.

OOC
Do you want to carry on from where you left off before being escorted to the mimic? somewhere else? Was there anywhere you wanted to go back and search?

Starting Rooms

Rooms leading to Dark Stalker fight

__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB