Game Thread Crossroads - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crossroads
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 AM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Crossroads

The party arrives separately, a little after dusk. There are almost a dozen including yourselves who have answered the call loitering in the main market waiting for the Duke to arrive. The ones who arrived before you have already begun coalescing with each other forming a natural group. The market is closing down as a few guards overlook the area.
The Duke, flanked by a bodyguard arrives and takes his place on a podium. He gives a nod to Moradin, Welcome back Moradin. I hope your travels have gone well. Addressing the full assembly I welcome you to Crossroads. I know your brave efforts will help us restore this city to it's former glory. I see you have already formed into two parties. Excellent. Pointing to the early arrivers, If you will follow me to my estate we can discuss the particulars. Now addressing your group, Please come visit me in at mid-evening. Please feel free to relax at the Green Dragon while you wait. Just tell Tedd the first round is curtsey of the Duke.

The tavern is very small (only three large circular tables plus a small bar) and cozy. A fireplace in the NW corner fills most of the tavern with warmth and light. A coat of arms on the wall behind the bar depicts a dancing green dragon with two beaten swords crossed underneath. The barmaid, named Alana Ott is very young, pretty and friendly. The owner working behind the bar, Tedd Ott, is old for his years and looks beaten down by life. He is Alana’s father.

At one table on the left sits a boisterous group of three. They are very loud and very drunk. The leader of the group seems to be a human named Bradon. You know this because his two underlings keep saying things like “You tell her Bradon”. With him are a big mean ugly looking half-orc and fat doughy looking human. They are harassing Alana constantly and getting more aggressive as the night goes on. All three are lightly armored. They are wearing cloaks, so it is difficult to tell if they are carrying weapons at all. They could be here for the same reason as you.

At the other table at the back of the tavern sits three men. One is obviously a farmer, the other a nondescript person who could be a merchant. The third is hidden by a dark hood and can’t be seen. They are in the corner of the tavern, furthest away from the fireplace. The people at this table are talking in quiet tones. None of them seemed to be armored or armed.

You are sitting together at the middle table.

Last edited by JustDave; 01-28-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
When the Duke had finished his speech, she sighed in dissapointment. Waiting. Here? Great. Azura entered the inn quickly, positioning herself at an empty table, fearful of the hard looks of the men around her. You've done it now, girl. What the hells have you gotten yourself into?

Azura felt slightly uncomfortable as the table filled up; strange faces, weird garments and odd personalities. Even a dwarf! This wasn't the typical crowd of her backwater village; nay, these people looked more sturdy and fearsome. The young girl drew her cape closer around her, trying not to draw too much attention to herself.

With a raised hand, blushing at the attention she drew to herself, she signaled for the barmaid; "Excuse me - could I have a beer, please?". She didn't really like beer, but as far as she knew, drinking beers came hand-in-hand with the life she'd now been whisked into.

She frowned as the self-styled lord of the tavern Bradon kept running his mouth at the barmaid, but knew this was neither the place nor the time to interfere. Sitting back, she kept a quiet, but dissapproving look at the man and his companions, while waiting to see if the other people at the table would strike up a conversation. She wasn't about to start it. Better to let them do the talking.

Last edited by Valeur; 01-28-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:04 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Alana hustles past the noisy table to greet you. Up close, she is even more attractive than from afar. She smiles and greets Moradin, Nice to see you again Moradin. New friends I see? I'm Alana and the man behind bar is my father, Tedd. Welcome. She waits patiently as you all order drinks. Her reaction is the same to the handsome young man in shining armor as it is to the fearsome half-orc. A slightly disapproving turn of her lips towards Azura and especially Jaya tell you she is accustomed to all manner of guests from high brow to low life, but not so much other young attractive females.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
A blond and fair skinned man in a chain shirt with a longbow at his back smiles warmly at you all when you are formed into a 'group' due to where you all happened to be standing. He doesn't comment during the speech, but follows inside the pub easily enough.

Looking at his temporary companions he speaks "Hi. Pleased to meet you all. Call me Carroway. I am new to this island, so please do tell me if I do anything that breaks custom."

When Azura orders a beer he wrinkles his nose a little, without letting his smile fade "Terrible stuff, beer... One of the guardsman at home told me as a child that you made beer by having someone drink something else..." He grins at the rude concept, hoping to break the ice "I have yet to have any reason to doubt him."

Turning to Alana he gives a beaming and innocent smile, his naivity shining through almost as brightly as his sheer good cheer "Do you have any non-alchaholic drinks? Perhaps a fruit cordial? If you could put a slice of fruit on the top, I would be grateful indeed."

His face goes more serious then "Also, if you ever decide that those men have gone too far with their antics, beyond the point where any tip will be worth putting up with it, please do inform me." his sweet eyes suggest a grim solution to the problem if it comes to it.

Like a cloud passing by and releasing the sun his smile returns, turned toward his new companions "Anyway, perhaps we should introduce ourselves and what we can do? As I said, I am Carroway. I am an archer, and am also fortunate enough to have been blessed by the hand of Iomedae. I have been well trained, though I have to admit to a certain lack of actual experience. But we all have to start somewhere, yes?"
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
As Carroway made his introductions, Azura took her measure of the man. He seemed friendly, and his comment to the barmaid spoke of some degree of character. Even his remark about beer, albeit a tad tactless, was spoken in good nature. Maybe these people are not as bad as I feared.

"Good to meet you, Carroway. My name is Azura. I'm.. eh.. I wield arcane power. As you, I lack experience.. With magic, that is," she says in a flustered voice.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
Nodding in response to the Dukes question question with a smile, Moradin refrained from answering the man verbally. They would have time for a more personal chat later, meanwhile Duke Johnson was a very busy man and obviously wanting to get the show on the road as the humans would say.

Moradin leaned on his warhammer, still wearing his finely crafted breastplate, a beautiful piece if it wasn't for being covered with dust from weeks on the road. Over his shoulder hung a backpack that seemed close to bursting at the seams, but most wouldn't notice it covered as it was by a heavily used stout shield. The beer mug holy simbol embedded onto its surface was truly a thing of beauty.

It had been a long time since he had returned to true crossroads, but it was good to be back and good to see that he had not been forgotten. Who knew maybe this time he would stick around for longer.

Entering the inn was like coming home to the dwarf in a way, it was in these places of drink and gathering where he often felt closest to his god.

"Aye, Alana my how ye've grown girl. It be a surprise ye be remembering me, last time I saw ye, ye were still the same height as me.", he replied looking up at the girl with a warm smile. "I be having the usual, old Alfred is being unusually generous today and said to make sure you tell yer father the first rounds on him. Also tell Tedd that the second round is on Cayden and that I'll be around later to speak with him." He grinned as the girl flashed her charming smile and went off to get the drinks.

Setting down his pack, Moradin took a seat at the table of his new companions, it wasn't the first time he would be grouped up with strangers seeking an adventure after all adventuring was one of his deities many alluring precepts.

He listened quietly to the others until he was forced to intercede, "Aye, boy ye be a little young to be enjoying a good brew. What ye be needing is a good stout dwarven mead, maybe if I get the chance I be brewing you up a pint or two. As for non alcoholic drinks, that be bad luck on the eve of an adventure not to have at least one drink."

Last edited by Alexader; 01-28-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-02-2020
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,227
As Jaya walks through the ruined city, she secures her cloak around her body. She only has it for just these occasions, for when she must enter cities. She's aware of how her looks without it affects men, and all too familiar of how the men's looks affect her. She shudders at the thought. Gently placing her pack back on her back, she listens to the Duke as he makes his announcement. Figures, we get here at the right time, and still have to wait. Typical of city people. Shaking her head, she tentatively walks into the Tavern.

Entering the tavern Jaya is slightly unnerved at the amount of people in such a small space. She quickly takes in the two tables of people, the bartender and his helper, before settling back on the hooded man. She lets her eyes linger on the man, looking where she presumes his eyes to be, as she hides her own face under the hood of her cloak and behind her head scarf. Feeling a slight nudge on her back snaps her out of her semi-trance. Looking around again, she heads over to the fireplace, feeling the warmth spread over her body, letting her fingers play in the tips of the dancing flames.

After a bit, she turns and decides to join the other newcomers at the only empty table. She takes off her pack, gently laying it in front of the chair beside the other woman before sitting down and removing her hood. Listening to the girl introduce herself as Alana, holding up one finger, "One fr.." pausing, remembering to remove the scarf from over her mouth, revealing a heavy tan line where the scarf obviously remains. "The Duke. One free?" She asks in a raspy voice. A simple nod from Alana, and Jaya curtly responds with,"Water."

Listening to the others, she pipes up once it's her turn, interjecting a quick, "Jaya," with her hand on her chest. And adds, "I know where I go."

While waiting for their drinks, she turns her
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (15)+7 Total = 22
Dice Bluff:
1d20-1 (5)-1 Total = 4
attention back to the corner table, the secrecy intriguing her.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Alana collects the orders flirting a little with the one called Carroway. She gives Moradin a smirk, Oh Moradin. You know Cayden's coin is no good here. I mean it, for a god, he's terrible at paying his tab. You can pay for him. Speaking to the large half-orc, Let me know when you're ready hon.

She scoots back to the bar where you see Tedd preparing the ales and meads into pewter mugs and even a mug of purple wine. Alana draws a bucket of water from a pump and Tedd inconspicuously snaps his fingers and you see the outside of the bucket bead up with moisture and some frost.

Alana returns with the drinks and clay mugs for everybody. The drinks are excellent, and while the pomegranate wine is not quite juice, it's very light on the alcohol. The water is chilled and very refreshing.



The table in the far corner gets a little noisier, then goes silent.

The tavern continues on with Alana running the orders and taking japes from the loud table.

OOC--Feel free to post as you like. You can ask Alana or Tedd anything or speak amongst yourselves. Do not feel the need to wait for each player to post while in this format.

Last edited by JustDave; 01-28-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2018
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Standing in the back amidst a random bunch of people Bareris let his gaze wander over the crowd, routinely scanning for threats. Phf. Useless. he thought with contempt, untill his eyes fell on the dwarf. Better keep that one friendly...for now.

As the Duke left, the half-orc waited for the rest of his soon-to-be companions to be seated. As he noticed the three drunks, Bareris almost spat on the ground in utter disdain. Thugs. Bah. Quickly dismissing the farmer but glaring suspiciously at the hooded guy and the merchant. Warily he stepped towards the table - damn, the middle one- he introduced himself with a raspy voice "Bareris." Unstripping the menacingly looking falchion from his back he grabbed a free chair. Turning around the chair before he sat on it, keeping his foot ready to launch the chair when necessary, Bareris sorely missed a wall at his back. He did not like to remain in a position he considered vulnerable. As the tiny wisp of a girl asked his order, he said "Bring me the strongest you got."

Inwardly grinning at a few of the japes of the drunks - not long ago he would be the one giving the remarks - Bareris knew that the situation could suddenly escalate. Loosening the dagger in his sheath he nodded in agreement with the blond man.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
"An arcane magician?" He says, his eyebrows rising in curiosity "What an honor. I have met few mages in my time, but all have been honorable sorts, even if their habits have been less than... ordinary." He gives her a grin, then leans forward as if imparting a great secret "One wizard stayed near my family who based his study of magic on insects. He collected all of them he could, and boiled them, baked them, used magic to fuse them together and grow them to great size... A strange sort, but nice enough if you could get him out of the laboratory."

He suddenly looks sad "He died though sadly when he accidentally opened every cage at once while holding a 'master queen' insect. His 'friends' killed him before he could be saved to try to save it..."

Turning back to Azura "So, what kind of magic do you do?" Its clear he knows little of magic..

He smiles at Alana as she brings the drinks, sipping at the passionfruit drink and seeming impressed. A little alchahol was fine, so long it was only a little. It wasn't a requirement of his faith, just good sense not to muddle yourself with drugs or spirits before an adventure. He gives her a warm smile in return for her flirting, and even goes so far as to give her a bit of a wink. He is unlikely to do anything with her, but a little flirting can be fun.

Beaming at the half-orc "I would watch out, friend, the mission will be much harder if we have to drag you from battle to battle." his eyes twinkle with humor though, suggesting this is ribbing rather than an actual admonishment.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
Aye, there's a good lass. Of course me be payin, ye not thinkin I be lettin Cayden skip out of tab now are ye? the dwarf responded with a bellowing laugh as he
Dice perception:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
and hell no he ain't rolling bluff, hes a dwarf for petes sake
inspected the room and it's occupants for the first time.

Returning his attention to the table, he hears the half-orc make his request, Aye, thats the spirit. Just don't overdo it too much friend.


OOCAnd naturally true to form of a dwarf an 8 perception

Last edited by Alexader; 01-28-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Alana brings Bareris a large mug of special brew ale. It's extra bitter and strong with an aftertaste of pepper. Not exactly tasty, but strong.

After a short time, Alana is returning to your table to clear off your now empty mugs, she is grabbed on the wrist by Braden. Apparently too drunk to care about being discreet, he mutters loud enough for all to hear, Now looks. Im been patients, but you are late on the payments. Tedd Ott rushes from behind the bar with surprising agility for an older man. He and Braden begin talking as Braden releases Alana. She looks a little flustered but still manages a smile as she approaches your table.


Last edited by JustDave; 01-28-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
The Paladin, starting to think that there may be more to this than he thought looks at Alana curiously. He speaks quietly, so only she and those at his table can hear "Payments..? Are you in trouble, Alana..? I know it is embarrasing, but please tell me of what is going on. Who knows, we might be able to help."

He is careful not to say they would help, he has no intention of helping her assist her in getting her drug lord off her back for example. But they have a bit of time to spare before they need to go to the Duke, so if they can help...

A blink, and to his companions "Sorry. I do not mean to involve you in this. But I at least have a problem with people manhandling others."

He smiles at her again, his face warm and kind with no trace of mockery or avarice. He really does intend to help her if at all possible, possibly without any kind of reward.
oocDiplomacy to open her up a little?
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (20)+6 Total = 26
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"Aye, the same goes fer me," Moridan answered his companion in a hushed voice. "But, it not be something we need be talkin bout in present company.", he continued nodding back at the table behind him.

"Lass, be a good girl and run along and bring Captain Westen's boys a few extra strong drinks," he told her with a wink, passing the girl a few 10 gp should cover drinks for about everyone in the bar for the nightcoins,"Tell them it's on the house and the payments will be coming".

Last edited by Alexader; 01-29-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Azura listened wide-eyed to Carroways story about mages and ants, not quite knowing whether she was fascinated or horrified - perhaps a bit of both. "I am sorry to hear about your loss. I'm pretty certain that I am not that kind of mage, - at least, I've no interest in baking ants. My magic comes not from books, but from within. And.. eh.. it's not particularly strong yet, but I'm hoping to remedy that. 'Tis why I came to Old Crossroads," she says, suddenly letting out more words at once, than she had since entering the city. She, somehow, already felt quite comfortable around the friendly archer.

----------

As Braden continues his bad behaviour, and Carroway speaks soothingly to the young girl, Azura's dark-blue eyes narrows only slightly. The sight of a drunk man putting his hand on a young girl, was all too familiar to the young sorcerer. She felt a righteous anger boil inside her, and with a voice that belied her lithe frame and her previous lack of confidence, she spoke in icy tones; "It bothers me as well. I'm right beside you."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB