Game Thread Act 1 Scene 1: Welcome Aboard - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Small of Stature; Large of Heart
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6785
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Faupa Tinkersmith

A new day!The little gray skinned goblin eventually made his way back to his room after his exploration of the compound. He had little desire to head back out into the city proper just yet. His previous excursion had resulted in the loss of his meager coin purse. He feared that he might lose the shirt off his back if he went out there again.

He laid down on the cot after securing the door with his key. Locks on doors were something quite new to the little goblin. Back in his village only the richest merchants had locks on their doors. His dad didn't see the need for such an extravagance. He had to admit the security of the lock in this strange city was a welcome boon. His eyes soon grew heavy and he drifted off to sleep thinking of Camille's lovely blue locks.

He woke and realized that it was late. Very late! He would barely have time to wash and make it to the courtyard before the appointed hour. How could this happen? What caused me to sleep so soundly? This was a mystery he would have to discover later. He hastily donned his clothing and armor and darted out the door of his room for the courtyard. This will reflect poorly on me if I'm late on my very first day. The shame.... He burst into the common area at a full run and skidded to a halt when he realized that he was in fact not late.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Trae Trae Trae

RoleplayBon-Cha Yeo enjoyed a most glorious sleep during the night. In a real bed and everything! But eventually she was awoken by the sounds of people getting up and wandering around outside her room. Oh well. Can't sleep the day away this time. After making sure her scales were still nice and shined and she herself was properly dressed in her robes, she emerges from he room riding on Audin. It was a most comfortable way to travel to the courtyard to find out what Camille had planned for them on this first real day.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:30 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1270
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
left-aligned image
NAME: Jett
RACE: Goblin (male)
CLASS: Soulknife

Jett opened his eyes, it was late, too late. Panic set in as he looked over at his sleeping companion.

Naughty naughty

"Blue..wake up" he said softly "Nairea"

Tsk Tsk Tsk

"The others are awake, what are we going to do." he asked as he began racing around the room tossing clothing and items this way and that.

Shame Shame

KNOCK KNOCK ... KNOCK KNOCK "Jett you awake, you're gonna be late"

Jett sat straight up in bed. He was all alone. Odd he had a nice time walking through the city with Nairea. He had felt at ease with the girl and her Eidolon as she called him. The two of them had chatted as they walked, getting to know each other a little better. If the goblin was lucky he could say that he had made a friend nothing more. Certainly there was no romantic connection... was there?

"Yes I'll be right out" He answered.

He dressed quickly in his regular outfit opting to carry his armor with his pack for now. After a short trip to the wash room He joined the others in the common room. Only slightly embarrassed as he approached Nairea "Hey Blue" He winked "Thanks for the company I needed to clear my head."

He made his way over to His other friend as well "Faupa, I'm Sorry about yesterday i wasn't feeling myself i guess" he said as he shook the other goblins hand. " Come on I'll buy you breakfast" he smiled.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 AM
The contemplative one

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 972
Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier

Sunray Leafinder

Mornings are the best. Before the sun first glimpsed over the horizon, Sunray shifted in her bed and slowly opened her eyes. It took a moment for her to recall where she was, she was still not used to life away from home. looking out the window, the sky was slowly becoming a deep shade of blue- indicative of the approaching sun which slept beneath the horizon. She mumbled something even she did not understand. Wiping her eyes of sleep, Sunray rolled out of her over-sized bed. Her hair was a mess and her back was sore, why did she even bother with these beds? She considered spending the next night on the floor.

Her small feet pattered on the floor as she got out of bed, made for her bag and pulled forth a wooden comb. With hair this long, she observed, it would take some time to get these knots out. Returning to her bed, she sat cross-legged at the head of it, facing the window and started to sing a song as she passed the comb through her hair:

Time in the fores' is
time in the wood,
Toiling for my mother's break
isn't the only good,
Like the autumn leaf that falls
I knew I eventually would,
Flutter down from the tree
and take up my pack and hood.

By the ninth bell, as she learned is the way people track time in the cities, Sunray had combed out all the knots, picked out the sand and other foreign entities from her hair. She donned her leather armour and strapped her bow to her person. Life in the cities starts so late, she mused.

The halfling locked the door behind her and made her way to the courtyard. A smile adorns her face today and she nods to Rimmy, then Merrian, then to Faupa, Bon-cha, Nairea and Jett. None of their names were known to her, but she knew they were her company in this business. She wondered where the audacious halfling, Mungo, was? Probably sleeping in, no doubt. Flipping her loose hair behind her right ear, Sunray joined her company and waited for the day's instructions.

Last edited by Rebel-Soldier; 07-07-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Why not Zoidberg?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
The CourtyardAs the children stir from a good nights rest they soon discover that time had elapsed a little quicker then they were used and made their way to the courtyard. Walking along the stone floors their footsteps would have echoed had the corridor not been filled with the other mercenaries talking about a wide variety of topics, what mission they had been given, how the last day went, and other gossip common to men and women of this profession.

Reaching the courtyard after ducking through the crowded hallway, the group soon discovered that it wasn't much better in the courtyard. people were milling about and preparing for their tasks in Xan-Shi and abroad. feeling almost as if they would never find Camille in this crowd her unmistakable head popped up from a table on the podium she was on the day before. This time there was a table stacked with scrolls, they were rolled nicely and tied with a red ribbon.

Relieved they approached her position and were equally relieved to find that the line was nonexistent. Most of the other merc's had gathered their assignment earlier. Standing before Camille she smiled warmly at the group, her wide grin and dancing eyes reflected her joy that 7 of the 8 that had gone through the proving were still here. Boorgub on the sitting to her right the party hadn't quite taken notice of him until the reached Camilleother hand, sat with a brooding look on his face.

Camille
left-aligned image

Ah there you all are! I was worried we would run out of work before you showed up.

She glanced over at the large bundle of unclaimed contracts for a second, she turned back shaking her head

Ah who the heck am I kidding, we never really run out of work. I did say I had something for you didn't I?

Picking through the contracts, she looked at a few then put them back in the stack down, muttering to herself as she went

Hmm, that one is to tough...this one is to easy...this is not supposed to be here...hmmm...AHA! there it is.

Pulling out a scroll after a digging for it, the scroll looked almost exactly the same as all the other ones but apparently to Camille there was something different about this one. She held the contract out for one of the group to take hold of it as someone did so she began leaning on the table with both her arms; she spoke with the authority that holding the position that she did required. Her words were serious but at the same time she was able to keep her jovial nature about her.

Ok so here is the run-down on this one she said as everyone crowded around the piece of parchment to give it a read.

As Merrian overheard last night when she gave me and this lovable old codger here some company; Vega the weapon smith has promised us a large shipment of various blades. The problem is that he is three days overdo for the delivery, normally he isn't this tardy with his shipments so I need you guys to go and find out what is holding him up. If there is any issues such as him loosing his assistants or whatever then help him by whatever means you can. The longer the shipment is delayed the longer we have to wait before sending Major Ficklewood and his company to deal with a band of marauders near the Neverending plains.

She sat back down after talking leaning back in her chair as she continued

Just make sure you get the weapons here in three days, after that the Major must leave. With or without the armaments. As soon as we have the weapons in hand I will give each of you...100 gold? that sounds fair for your first mission.

at this Boorgub nearly fell out of his chair.

Boorgub
right-aligned image
are you ou' your addled min' Camille? 700 gold for ensuring a weapons delivery? for the love a Abadar do you wan' us to go loosin' our business? there are quicker ways to do it then to go droppin that kin' o gol' on delivering some 40 weapons.

Camille
left-aligned image
Listen there is no way to be sure what is keeping Vega, this is simply...incentive to complete the task as quickly as possible. Besides the council is paying us quite well for dealing with the marauders. We can afford this Boorgub.

The goblin scowled with his arms over his chest, while not pleased with the Camille's orders he didn't dare question them further.

Right so the contract simply says what I have already told you as well as a map to get to Vega's forge over in Old-Town, I suggest you get a bite to eat It will take you at least a half a day to walk to that part of the city.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!

Last edited by Statutory Plum; 07-08-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 AM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8328
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Merrian Beckett-Dulcey
left-aligned image
Description: This mousey female stands at nearly four feet, with a prideful posture which emphasises each inch. Covered in white fur and with a mop of silvery hair buried under a stylish red cap, she is garbed in a silky dress which seems to have stolen its shades from the sunset itself. Her fingers are adorned with tiny bands of dull metal, too thin and fragile to be worth any substantial amount of gold, and contrast directly with her glimmering eyes. They are but pearly orbs, stained with inklings of blue and violet, and further ensure her otherwise plain appearance beneath her flowery garments.

Merrian accepted the scroll from Camille with a nod and slight curtsey, polite as ever despite the early sun above. She allowed the woman to speak and chatter with the goblin, wishing not to anger him further or appear obstructive of what was obviously a fairly important conversation for them to be holding. "With all due respect Camille," she chimed eventually, "we need only the amount required of our station, and of our chosen task. You already provide us lodging."

After a pause Merrian directed her gaze towards Boorgub, ensuring that he was listening before she continued. "While I cannot speak for Boorgub, I believe that he is concerned over your lavish spending," she said, "however, it would seem that the small armory you have purchased is worth the extra coin for a hasty delivery. If you have such large trust in this Vega's works, then I will not doubt your judgement." While she hadn't intended them to be, her selection of words had unintentionally been accusatory of Boorgub's poor communication with Camille.

That said, Merrian still considered Boorgub to be ill-mannered, arrogant and snide. He appeared to serve some kind of advisory role for Camille, yet they disagreed on everything; either he was the wiser of the two, or he could not see the wisdom in Camille's decisions. Regardless of which was the case, Merrian had stepped into a battle she wasn't quite ready to tackle, and so elected to back out. "To be clear, mister Boorgub," she continued shakily, "I do not wish to challenge you, and I merely wanted to be clear of Camille's intentions. If the shipment is truly worth 100 gold each for our contribution, I will accept the payment."

She would've let out a sigh, but she was too tense. She didn't like the thought of Boorgub's eyes staring her down for the rest of the time they stood there, just waiting to leave as the others prepared. "I will be in the mess hall, preparing for the journey ahead," she said, "mister Rimmy, please hold onto these notes until I return." With that she passed Camille's scroll on to the young boy and scuttled off, eager to forget of her blunder.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Faupa Tinkersmith

In the courtyardFaupa was surely smitten with Camille that much was certain. He watched the woman's every move and was a little disappointed when Merrian ended up with the scroll instead of him. He was not discouraged but he remained silent for now. At the offer of one-hundred gold for their first job Faupa perked right up. That was more than he had made from his da' at the forge in the many years he had worked there. He knew right then that he had made the correct decision to come to Xan-Shi. He would make his fortune and fame here in this great sprawling city.

When Merrian offered the scroll to Rimmy, Fasupa spoke up at last. "May I?" He held out his hand and took the offered scroll and began to examine the details of the contract. The map was of keen interest to the young goblin. He dared not let his troupe get lost in this expansive city. He took the medallion from his pocket and tried to determine if the parchment had any secrets hidden away from unwanted eyes. Once he had the basic route down he handed the contract on to Rimmy. "Thank you for the indulgence young master Rimmy."

"I think breakfast sounds like a splendid idea. We shouldn't start out on an empty stomach you know." The goblin started for the dining hall with his halberd propped up across his left shoulder. He was careful of the blade he would not wish to injure anyone by accident. Weapon awareness was something ole' Tom used to drum into the young goblin back in Knobb Hill.

OOCHe would not snatch it away but he will take the scroll if it doesn't cause any hard feelings.

Last edited by ricktur63; 07-09-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Babipoki Tapipoki

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2516
Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki Babipoki
Rimmy
right-aligned image
Thematic Music
Name: Little RimmyLink to character sheet is hidden for various reasons.*
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Class: Unknown
Description: Silver hair, not reaching his shoulders, yet quite fluffy. Light blue eyes and pointy small ears. Mostly seen wearing a white shirt with a green sweater on it. During the winter, he's usually seen wearing a green winter coat, which he never leaves unless asleep. He wears black shorts. His legs are usually seen with many scratches as he tends to crawl a lot. He hates wearing shoes, but when he does, he wears anything white, accompanying his white color of the socks.

RPThematic Music for this post
Rimmy listens for Camille carefully, and seriously. He didn't smile for a second. It seems that he can remain serious when the need arises, and that need had just arisen now. As Merrian hands him a paper, he quickly gets ahold of a tough grip of it. "Yes, I shall protect it while you're gone."

As that little annoying Faupa goblin extends his hand to grab the scroll, Rimmy pulls it behind his back, as the green magical flames, which everyone has seen already, combust from his body, while his face expression remains neutral. "I was asked to hold it. So I will. But I can do this..." - he says, as he then brings the scroll back to the front of himself, while he unwraps it, and shows it to the others. "Here. Read it, watch it, stare at it. Try to take it from me, and you shall have consequences." - he states, as the sarcastic smile appears on his face.

It doesn't seem like if he was doing it out of real anger, perhaps he just doesn't want to get treated in a way he's treated right now.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Rawr!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1116
sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot

Post theme song.Listen as you read, if so inclined

Nairea wasn't a morning person. She wasn't even an afternoon person. She was a I-haven't-seen-the-sun-in-so-long-I've-forgotten-it's-shape person. So it goes without saying that she was a little grumpy.

Her hair was a hay-pile of stray strands and it looked like she had dressed in a hurry. There were bags under her eyes and a perpetual groan followed her as faithfully as Gormouf. He, at least, was quite chipper.

"So what do you think C-babe want's us to take care of? Couple of stool tengus need leaning on? Some rival operation needing some kinda 'accident' maybe. Someone'll be sleeping with the Gripplis, dat's for shoor".

"Mmmnnn... It's to early for shenanigans Gomo..." Whined Nairea as they made their way. "Wait, what do you think she does?" "Well, obviously she's a-" As they both moved into earshot he quieted and she put her game face on as best she could.

Is she riding a weasel?
Did that guy just call me a color?
I know that rat
[fine lady] didn't just turn down money.
Okay, good.
Mmmm... breakfast does sound good.
Yeah, get your feelings hurt little boy.

As Nairea internalized a running commentary, Gormouf made his rounds. He greeted Jett with a snout bump and bowed elegantly to Bon-Cha, doing his best not to spook Audin. He took a seat close to what appeared to be the de-facto leaders of their little troupe (by which I mean Merrian, Faupa, and Rimmy). He watched their exchanges silently, head swiveling back and forth idly, occasionally snapping at the odd butterfly. He scratched an ear. Finally he spoke.

WHY YOUNG MASTER! His voice boomed across the courtyard as he threw his head back. His voice wasn't angry or condescending, just loud.

I will not embarrass you by pointing out how childish that just was. No! You are a big strong mercenary, as am I! As such we need big strong breakfasts for our big strong bellies! Come! Let us fortify ourselves for the day's trials. I'll not take no for an answer! Or do I have to carry you by the nape of your neck like an adorable kitten?

Last edited by sethdot; 07-10-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 PM
The contemplative one

Tools
User Statistics
Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier Rebel-Soldier

Sunray Leafinder

Knowing directions is a very serious and important matter to Sunray. Her father always taught her to count her strides, no matter how mundane a task is. Always know where you are going, how you will get there and why there is important! he recalled him saying. He trained her to track, hunt and survive from a very young age, things which living in the Jungle of Drams honed over time.

As Rimmy held forth the map she took good care to familiarize herself with street names, approximate distances, turns and, most importantly, landmarks. Sunray was not a visual learner. She knew that people of the cities used maps for directions, created by cartographers in such a manner that anyone could find their way. This was beneath her. To her, looking at a map seized you in this inescapable box where once you leave the defined area, you become lost. Maps were for finding the destination and specific elements which could be used for per-recognition. All maps were false until proven otherwise. In her mind there was no map, only familiar lanes which connected to other familiar lanes by name.

Once content with the directions, Sunray leaned back and nodded. She flipped her recently combed hair behind her right ear and crossed her arms- content with not saying anything to contribute to the discussion.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1270
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
left-aligned image
NAME: Jett
RACE: Goblin (male)
CLASS: Soulknife

A mission was exactly what the young goblin needed. A chance at redemption, to prove his worth to these new companions and himself as well. At the mention of Old-town Jetts pointed ears perked up, he had been there before.
In fact the boy was a local, granted his estate was on the outskirts of town and he rarely came into the heart of the city, but he was from the area moreso than any other.

With renewed fervor Jett followed the others to breakfast. dreams of grandeur in his head.

At the mess hall there was breakfast foods of every sort, even some things one wouldn't consider for breakfast. Jett realized upon entering the hall that he hadn't really eaten the previous day, having all but skipped dinner. He loaded up a mountainous plate of eggs, hash potatos and sausages and went to find a seat. spying the young mouselike girl, Merrien perhaps, he approached her, figuring this morning would be a good chance for the group to dine as a whole.

"Pardon me miss...Merrien is it, mind if I take a seat here" he asked, trying to sound as proper as possible
Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8328
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Merrian Beckett-Dulcey
left-aligned image
Description: This mousey female stands at nearly four feet, with a prideful posture which emphasises each inch. Covered in white fur and with a mop of silvery hair buried under a stylish red cap, she is garbed in a silky dress which seems to have stolen its shades from the sunset itself. Her fingers are adorned with tiny bands of dull metal, too thin and fragile to be worth any substantial amount of gold, and contrast directly with her glimmering eyes. They are but pearly orbs, stained with inklings of blue and violet, and further ensure her otherwise plain appearance beneath her flowery garments.

Merrian's short journey to the mess hall was thankfully quite uneventful, and upon her arrival she busied herself with the task at hand. The scant few choices she had this early in the morning were still better than the singular choice she'd had before joining - then again, there were a lot of things which were better than daily trail rations. She took a plate and began her business there, eating her breakfast in the hope that it might last her until the evening. Alternatively, if their journey to this blacksmith proved to be particularly long, she might require the slightest of snacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
"Pardon me miss...Merrien is it, mind if I take a seat here"
The voice of the goblin prodded her, and Merrian nodded in response. She didn't speak until she'd finished her mouthful, and didn't bother to comment on his pronunciation either - apparently, she was the only person who cared about it. It must've been a rich person thing to be slightly irritated by poor Common.

"No, go ahead," she chimed, "I'd been hoping for a guest which wasn't Boorgub." For a time, she hesitated to say his name - there were two young goblins in their group, and she couldn't help but have trouble picking them apart. Even if she did know which one it was, she only remembered one of their names at the time - the other escaped her, for the moment at least. She thought upon this for a time, munching her gathered meal idly, before sighing and speaking anyway. "Jett, wasn't it?" she queried hesitantly, "would you mind if I asked what brought you here, of all places?"

Last edited by Muggins; 07-12-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:20 PM
The contemplative one

Tools
User Statistics

Sunray Leafinder

Sunray wasn't hungry. Yet still she could recall her mother's words ringing through her head on the matter of breakfast: "A silent stomach still needs to eat at dawn and dusk." She really wasn't hungry.

She tracked their group to the mess hall. After having acquired a small bowl of porridge with berry compote, she sat at the far end of the table that their group was eating at.

It had taken hours to get all that sand from the arena out of her hair and boots, she recalled as she poked her breakfast. She was sure she could still feel a few granules of sand in her long hair. No amount of combing was going to save her from that. It didn't really bother her, it's likely dirt from the road to the city was still up there; still, she combed it every day. She swirled a tiny blueberry in her porridge until it sank beneath the encroaching raspberries.

Where did that Mungo go? she suddenly thought. Coming to think of it, he didn't join them in the courtyard. She looked around the mess; nor was he present here. Her right shoulder shrugged and she brought her attention back to the fruity porridge. She always heard that city time was much faster, but here she found herself waiting on others and so late in the day at that.

Her porridge was cold by the time she finally got around to eating it.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
Faupa Tinkersmith

Earlier in the courtyardThematic Music
To Faupa's consternation the youngster took the uppity rat-girls words literally. A bit too literally if anyone had asked the goblin. Faupa was a young adult but an adult nonetheless. As trying as Rimmy was being Faupa took it in stride. He 'examined' the document as best he could without actually touching the thing. This contract that was just as much his as it was any of the rest of the group but he decided against pointing that out to the boy. He would get a chance to look it over later he supposed. He left it at that and made his way on to the dining hall without protest.

Currently in the Dining hallThematic Music
Faupa took a seat at the table where everyone else from the new recruits were sitting. He supposed now would be as good a time as any to get to know the rest of the newbies. "My name is Faupa in case anyone was wondering." He ate his plate of eggs and sausage with only a little enthusiasm. He tried to explain some of his talents to the others in between bites. "I have the ability to focus peoples talents with my mind. I'm able to bring minds together and coordinate the strike so to speak." He took another bite of sausage and chewed it several times before swallowing. "If we focus on one target that I designate in this manner we all have a better chance of hitting the mark." He piled a scoop of eggs on his fork and shoved it in his mouth and began to masticate it to a sufficient consistency to swallow. "I have the capacity to bring up to six individuals into this network. I assure you it is completely innocuous in nature. I cant read your thoughts or anything like that. I do believe that in time and with practice we will be able to communicate over this network non-verbally."

As he finished his breakfast Faupa was more than happy to answer any questions about the network and was more than willing to demonstrate it in action.

OOCI can answer questions in character or in the OOC thread either way is fine by me. But please keep in mind that I will be away from my computer all next week.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Rawr!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1116
sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot sethdot

Post theme songPicture dipping pancakes to this.

Nairea had left her eidolon to his own devices and entered the dining hall. She piled some griddle cakes and a little dish of syrup onto a plate and looked for a seat. It looked like the only one available at this time was with the group. With a sigh of resignation she waltzed over, setting her plate down with a slight clatter.

"I wasn't" she commented to Faupa purely on instinct. She looked at him blankly for a moment before turning her gaze back to her food. "Ah, s-sorry. That was rude. I'm Nairea. Not that you were wondering either."

She grasped her fork in her hand delicately. With graceful measured movements she turned it to the side and divided her stack of three griddlecakes into eight symmetrical wedges. "It's fine, I'm used to having someone in my head". Turning her fork so it curved downward she speared one of the wedges. Lifting it with great care she brought it to the dish of syrup, dipped it once, and consumed.

Last edited by sethdot; 07-13-2013 at 12:34 PM.