Game Thread Chapter 2: Drakthar's Way - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Shackled City
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-15-2014, 01:44 AM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043
Chapter 2: Drakthar's Way

Drakthar's Way
Little has happened since the resolution of the kidnappings and the abandonment of your adventuring party. The refusal to the Captain stamped in stone the end of your would-be heroes life and reinstated your existence before your misguided heroic ideals.

Sitting idle didn't suite anyone easily, especially after having a taste for a more exciting life. While some returned more easily to their preexisting ways, the pull to heroism was strong and hard to ignore. Eventually everyone found themselves wandering the streets looking. For what, or why, no one was fully aware.

OOC
Any activities listed from here on are from Zanaver and Doc's perspective


It was mid morning of the sixth day since your last visit to Jzadirune. The day was warm as the sun fought valiantly to burn away the rain, giving light to an almost spring-like rain. The streets were full of activity as you made your way south returning to your lost path in hopes of finding more clues. Taking your time you begin your pursuit of scents long dissipated. Since your last visit to this area you can find no new scents as you systematically search every stone, stairway, street, and alley in the area. As you spend your time attempting to find a path, pattern, or clue you unintentionally notice yourself standing in front of the same building as you have so many times already today.

A squat, windowless building of dark stone stands ominously in your gaze. Two stone doors placed in the center of the street facing walls sit closed, a sign above the door reads 'Orak's Bathhouse', while on the door it reads 'Open noon till midnight'.





OOC
It is currently just before noon.

__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City

Last edited by Ulfskar; 10-15-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2019
RPXP: 11234
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Alethia Fairchild

 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque

Last edited by Bio; 10-15-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043
__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2019
RPXP: 11234
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Lacoran's Avatar
Lacoran Lacoran is offline
Cartoon Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-31-2019
RPXP: 1207
Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran
Posts: 2,534
Zanaver Darkeyes

Taking a break from searching, Zanaver stops to take a look at the building in front of him.
Doc, I think we have been circling this place all day. Do you know anything about it.
Zanaver points to the building as he sends his thoughts out to healer.

OCC
Dice Knowledge Local:
d20+4 (17)+4 Total = 21






Last edited by Lacoran; 10-15-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2014, 07:58 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
Taliatha Fairchild
"Them? Again?" Tali curses. Thankfully they hadn't seen them yet, but the fact that they were here made Tali especially suspicious. "I wonder if Jil had something to do with this," she mused to herself, when she felt a tug on her wrist. They were gone?...No, she wasn't that lucky. They had simply wandered to the side of the house, casing it out, which in turn left an opening for them to sneak in unnoticed. Which she realized Ally had already figured out and was trying to pull her forward. Tali hesitated only a minute, but ultimately decided the chance to be the first to be there outweighed the potential drawback of leaping without looking. And it would give her a chance to look like she knew more than she did, and that was always a plus in her book.

Tali nodded after Ally, letting her go in first with Tali right behind. Once inside, she quickly panned the room (as soon as her eyes adjusted), looking for the "one eyed dwarf" Jill had mentioned.
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by darthcharon; 10-31-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-10-2018
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Claudius Galenus

I have absolutely no idea. Claudius regarded the bathhouse with suspicion. If not cleaned properly these establishments could house billions of germs, so the healer bathed at his own place. At least his cleaning lady knew her job. But it's odd that we continue to find Obark's at our path. It makes you wonder.
 

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043


__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City

Last edited by Ulfskar; 10-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Lacoran's Avatar
Lacoran Lacoran is offline
Cartoon Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-31-2019
RPXP: 1207
Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran Lacoran
Posts: 2,534
Zanaver Darkeyes

I know a little about this place. I think it is run by a retired dwarf adventurer. I think it is a silver piece or two use the place. The only think odd about it is that the water is always clean and fresh, but I bet magic can explain that.

Zanaver face shows clear signs of an apology as turns and looks at his comrade.
Sorry to bring you all the way here and then have us find nothing. Do you want to keep looking? I donít think we will find anything more here. Or do you want to try doing something else?

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-16-2014, 06:06 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
Taliatha Fairchild
"Hatchet, so good to see you! Late, as usual. Ally and I didn't think you'd make it!" Even though the dwarf was under her spell, there was no reason to test it-if she kept up her act, the dwarf wouldn't even realize anything was wrong when the spell wore off. She leaned in close, giving Hatchet a hug. But when her mouth was near his ear, she whispered, "just play along. The dwarf's under my charm, but it's a subtle hold, not a domination effect." Standing back up, she says, "Me and Ally were about to change into our swimwear. See you in the bath?"

Turning towards the Is that a thing? What do you call the owner of a bathhouse?bathkeeper, she nodded. "now make sure we aren't interrupted." Once the three of them are in the bath room, Tali shuts the curtain, and angrily whispers, "what are you doing here? Have you been following us?"
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by darthcharon; 10-31-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-17-2020
RPXP: 9307
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,168

Hatchet, the Dwarf

With knitted brow, Hatchet entered into the bathhouse. He was expecting to see Ali and Tali, but he wasn't expecting the hug, and the whispered explanation. Hatchet figured that it would be best to play along as much as he could. While he had no problem with taking off his armor and his gear in order to swim, leaving Narescia behind was one thing that he wouldn't do, as he carried his ax to the actual bath, putting it down close to the water, while he got in.

Once Ali and Tali made there presence known, Hatchet at least had the good grace to blush and turn away while they entered the water.
At Tali's angry whispers, Hatchet couldn't help but smile a little. "I'm not following you. I was following, Zanaver and the good doctor. It seems that they have been sniffing around this building... Literally. They are finding this place especially interesting it seems. I just figured that once I saw you and Ali enter that I would try and find out why they seemed so interested in this building as well."

NOTE: Retconned, because I misinterpreted Darthcharon's post.

Quick StatsHatchet, level 3 Dwarf Magus (Bladebound)
HP: 29/29, AP: 4/4, Init: +1, Speed: 20ft, Senses: DarkVision 60'
AC: 15 {-4}, Touch: 11, Flat: 14 {-4}, Fort: +6, Refl: +3, Will: +4
Stats: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 6
Skills Pas: Diplomacy(-1), Intimidate(+2), Perception(+5), Stealth(+0)
Skills Act: Climb(+6), Know: Arc(+7), Know: Dng(+7), Know: Rel(+9), Know: Pln(+7) ,Spellcraft(+9), UMD(+2)
Condition: Normal
Attacks: (+1) Nerascia +6 1d10+4 [x3], AP: 1/1

Last edited by Insacrum; 10-30-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043
***Secret tags removed:

Your time alone in the bathhouse is cut short by the sudden opening of the front doors. Either by key or skillful entry, four hooded figures enter quickly and close the door behind them.

Taking a second to study what just entered you are caught by their rather unusual appearance. Under their hoods you can scarcely make-out an almost rat-like face atop a human body. They waste no time in drawing their short swords as they enter.

OOC
I'll have a map up shortly. There is no surprise round, and you have your armor/weapons (the charm spell stopped Orak from pushing that, and you haven't had time to full change yet). Bio is kneeling by the locked door attempting to open it.
__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City

Last edited by Ulfskar; 10-31-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043
***Secret tags removed:
OOC

Until the other two act, the battle will be in secret.

Map

PC: (21 + 12 + 16) / 3 = 16.33
Init: (
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (11)+3 Total = 14
(14) +
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (7)+3 Total = 10
(10) +
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (15)+3 Total = 18
(18) +
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (20)+3 Total = 23
(23)) / 4= 16.25
Init (Orak):
Dice Roll:
d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
(2)

Close init! PCs go first.
__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City

Last edited by Ulfskar; 10-31-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-19-2014, 06:34 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
***Secret tags removed:
OoCWith the curtains drawn, are they aware of us yet? is Orak aware of them yet?
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by Ulfskar; 10-31-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043
***Secret tags removed:

OOCOrak isn't aware of them, he's in his office. There's a map in my previous post to show you where everyone is (except Orak, but he's top right under the blacked out area). You are in the main bath room which is the first room you entered (same as the new comers) as I assumed you were keeping a lookout for Ali as she scouted/tried to open the locked door.

Yes, they can see you - they also watched you enter the bathhouse.
__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City

Last edited by Ulfskar; 10-31-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB