Game Thread Chapter 1: The Sunken Citadel - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Tales From the Yawning Portal
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
It takes Garrin a few seconds to realize theat the illusion was actually a question.

With a twinkle in his eyes, "Well, its really far- as soon as you exit the tavern it's the first house on the right, across from the smithy. Ok, maybe not so far after all."
Old 03-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1687
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
left-aligned image
Desna became quiet after the innkeeper's story about his companions dying. That wasn't something that she has encountered a lot. Death, that is. Well, she did had to make her way through the Underdark and quite a lot of weird things died by her hands, but she never really thought of the perspective of her own death. That wasn't really an appealing idea.

She jumped up from her place and stretched. "Dups, I can accompany you if you want? Be your valiant guard in the world of civil communication!" She then takes the bottle of wine from the table. "Thanks for that Mister Garrin Innkeeper Sir. A fine wine that is indeed! Hey thanks for hanging with us Pauley, see you around!"

Last edited by ZazoAndrov; 03-03-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 621
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo

A voice can be heard from the other side of the bar as an illusion of Dupets voice calls out, ”yes please and thank you!” the next sound you hear as you turn your heads is the front door swinging. When Desna comes out you see a pile of books on the floor stacked up to 3 ft high. Desna waits patiently as The illusion fades and Dupet is shaking herself loose. She whispers, “how can you stand it? All the details all the time. A smile isn’t even a smile! It’s a half strung signal of temporary peace with a stranger, why can’t it just be a smile! At least out there it’s only one question... friend or foe.” she lets out a big sigh and seems calm but then starts pulling at her hair as the second wave of anxiety washes over her. Another minute passes before she is exhausted and rests her head on Desna’s leg. “School was so easy.. keep your head down and walk away, eventually the teachers stop calling on you.. let’s... let’s see if the priest knows anything about this ‘paladin’” tears of exhaustion run down her face. She had already forgotten their names.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Desteplo; 03-03-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
"Excuse me missy- you said you wanted the finest. Two schillings covers a glass. If you want the whole bottle its a sovereign. So fork over the bottle or fork over the 8 additional schillings."
Old 03-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov ZazoAndrov
left-aligned image
That was definitely going to hurt Desna's already not big budget. She always ended up spilling so much money over pleasures like this. But it's also a gateway for reaching people. Money is just another instrument that I can use in the delicate ways of diplomacy. But being poor as a mouse suuucks~~ she thought. She was almost at the door when she turned around and in a ridiculously long-awkward scene of counting copper pieces to make up entire 8 shillings, she paid for the rest of the bottle. "Thanks..." she mumbled heartbroken as she followed Dupets outside.

After hearing her entire tirade, Desna padded the gnome's green brushy head. "I know, Dups. Today has only just started and it's taking some great toll on us. On my pouch at least..." she takes a big sip of the wine and continues "As for the smiling and everything - we all live on the edge. You never know who you can trust completely and believe me - back home, you'll be wise to be cautious even with your own family. Especially if you have some unorthodox view of the world. But you know what? At least here on the surface, people try to work together to ensure each other's peace. They may be holding knives behind their backs but they still extend their hands in a hope of companionship. So I guess it's a first step towards something? Come on, let's meet with your fellow gnome."

Last edited by ZazoAndrov; 03-03-2018 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:16 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 295
DukeofCorpus DukeofCorpus DukeofCorpus
Okatar pushes back from his stool and digs in his coin pouch for the four farthings to pay for the ale.

" Thanks for the ale and talk. 'Preciate it. "

Turning to Dupet " It's why I like the wilds. You can always trust it to be what it is. People on the other hand..." he shrugs as if to indicate all the knowledge he has about the subject of people.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Dupet let’s out a sigh of relief to hear her party making sense. She smiles that they may be friends after all. She places a mage hand on Okatar’s shoulder and her hand on Desna’s knee before they make their way next door. She walks a little more surely that she’s safer around these people than alone. At the door to the church she waits for the other two (skovauld and strazco) for a moment before walking inside with Desna and Okatar.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The door to the house that holds Lathanders shrine is open. On the one side, situated to get the morning sun is a stained glass window with the following written:Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. Perfect thyself, and guard ever against pride, for it is a sacred duty to foster new growth, nurture growing things, and work for rebirth and renewal. Be fertile in mind and in body. Consider always the consequences of thine actions so that the least effort may bring the greatest and best reward. Wherever you go, sow seeds of plants, tend the growing things you find, and plant seeds of hope, new ideas, and plans for a rosy future in the minds of all. Whenever possible, see each dawn.There are benches on that half of the room. In front there is a Holy Symbol of Lathander that is 5 feet in diameter. The other half of the room is lined with shelves full of herbs and medicinal supplies. You could easily outfit several dozen herbalism and healer kits from what you see. In the back half there is what appears to be a physician's table and in the front an alchemy table. Also near the front there is a ladder leading up to a loft- possibly the cleric's private quarter. The cleric seems busy preparing some potion or elixir and at her feet is a bird of Memnon. Evidently she hears you come in as she says without turning, "Unless it is a medical emergency, give me a minute please. Almost done, almost done. No rest for the weary you know."

Last edited by Landsknechts; 03-04-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:45 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Dupet starts to giggle like a child at a candy shop. She looks at all the alchemical supplies going through all the ingredients smelling them, examining the types of tools. She then stands at the edge of the work area, respecting her space. Constantly fighting herself when touching things. She tries to look over her shoulder and see what’s she’s working in that involves such a bird

Finally Dupet says, “I haven’t seen anything like this since I left the college. It’s magnificent, smells like home!”

Old 03-05-2018, 01:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
After Corkie puts down the flask and stoppers it, she turns around and exclaims, "Of, my! I haven't seen a fellow gnome in like forever. As far as I know I'm the only one between here and Neverwinter. What brings you all the way out here so far from home?" Then as if she just realized there were others present, "OOh, wheres my manners, I am Dem Nackle- herbalist, physician and pastor. Though if you want to get all technical, I suppose I'm Dawnmaster Nackle. But who wants to be stuffy, really. Just call me Corkie, everybody does. So what can I do for you folks?"
Old 03-05-2018, 03:49 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Dupet backtracks a little but seems excited to speak, she gets close into her workspace, “I’m studying arcane restoration magic, they say it can’t be done but I read a very ancient history book that spoke of a mad Wizard. Cut the throat of an apprentice and resurrected him on the stage. Locked his secrets away from those that didn’t understand The sheer brilliance! I’m doing field work, only so much books can do unfortunately..”

She looks behind her and the party sees a giant smile like she’s talking to a sister or aunt. She then realizes again why they’re there, “oh! That’s only me. ‘We’ however are wondering about that paladin that came into town a while back. He took twins with him on a quest. Do you remember anything specific about him? The townspeople seem to doubt his divinity.”

Old 03-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9256
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Oakhurst
right-aligned image
Skovould just rolled his eyes as the gnomes act like they haven't seen another gnome...ever. "Yes, its a gnome, how exciting. Why did we leave the bar to talk to this one? Dawnmaster or no, whats she got to do with wringing money out of the mayor?"

The dwarf stood arms folded across his chest, eyes darting back and forth between the chatty ladies around him.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Corkie says, "Well, I'd place his age in the mid 30s. His two most prevalent features were his pride and his sword- I believe he called it shatterspike. I checked on the sly, it was magical. Pride can oftentimes lead to an awlful downfall- and I am afraid that is exactly what happened to Sir Bradford, the Hucrele twins and the poor ranger who only went along to keep the twins safe. Other than that I don't know. But they weren't the first to venture to that Dragon Cult abomination. "
Old 03-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Upon entering the place, Desna was mesmerised by the motivational scribings and took out The Guide together with some blank paper to copy them. It felt like she was expanding her holy book. "So much wisdom that you can write down on a page and a half!" it was almost like a religious experience on its own. She was overhearing the conversation between the gnomes but too much, since Dupet didn't seem to have problems conversing with her fellow. She did catch the story about the Wizard who slices throats. "Wait, is Dupet talking about abjuration or necromancy?!". She finished the last words from the scriptures as fast as she could and turned around with a look of suspicion.

She padded Skov on the shoulder without saying anything and handed him the bottle of the wine. "Dragon Cult? What exactly do you mean? We heard he went after a goblin tribe, am I right?" she questioned the cleric.

Last edited by ZazoAndrov; 03-05-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Looking at the Drow like this is the first time she has seen one, "Sir Bradford went after the Magic Golden Apples. Which we assume is in the citadel. And the citadel is infested with goblins so you could say he's going after the goblins too. But the goblins only live there now. It wasn't always what it is now. But if you want the history of the citadel, I am not the one to ask. Rurik the blacksmith across the way would be a better choice; his clan lived in Gauntlgrym before Mount Hotenow erupted."

Turning to the dwarf, "Like myself Rurik has been in this human town for a long time deprived of any of his race. He would probably be happy to see you. But then again, possibly not with your attitude."

Last edited by Landsknechts; 03-05-2018 at 10:37 AM.