twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 09:11 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 244
droobles droobles droobles
Yeah, but do the hired NPC's go inside with us? Do animal companions go in with us?
Also, are healing potions 100 gp too?

Last edited by droobles; 04-10-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:41 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
I've actually asked Ronar something of the sort directly, and the answer he gave me was yes, if with additional systems to keep them in check.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 244
droobles droobles droobles
Cool, thanks!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:00 AM
Senseii

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai
Do we add the starting gp and the gps from the Backgrounds in the account aside from the 3000 gp you have provided for us?
Old 04-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3875
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
If we choose the Advanced Race Guide as our additional source, can we use racial equipment or spells from other races? Or only our own?
Old 04-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32840
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
If somebody dies, can I loot their body?
Yes, BUT you won't gain nearly the full number treasure points they had for doing so. Anything else that might have been on their body is up for grabs. (BTW, this was a big reason we abstracted out treasure points like this).

Do I gain the treasure points if my cohort/companion/summoned creature picks it up instead?
Yes. It doesn't matter who physically picks it up, it's more about ownership. So if Alice picked up the Giant Gem of Extreme Value, but agreed that it was Bob's treasure, Bob gets the points... But then, if she "accidentally" forgot to actually give it to him before wandering off to another room, then she gets the points. Presumably, though, your cohorts/companions/summoned creatures wouldn't have the same trust issues a bunch of other PCs have.

What about metagaming the penalties of leaving the dungeon? Wouldn't it be cheaper for my score to die?
No - unless some rooms get blocked off somehow, the furthest a character can be from at least one exit is four or five rooms.

How many charges does a 5e rod of absorption have
Let's say it starts with the same number of charges as if you randomly found it: 1d10 levels of spell energy.

Can I trade leftover gold pieces for treasure points?
Nope.

Can I hire mercenaries?
Yes. Although I make no promise running more characters will actually help you. I reserve the right to make up new rules to handle any large numbers of mercenaries/hirlings/pets/weird solutions on the fly.

Do hirelings go in with us?
If you pay them well enough. In my earlier comment I was suggesting you hired someone to cast a buff spell on you. Paying them to go into a possibly deadly dungeon with you is a very signifigantly different price. But if you pay them to do that, they will.

If I choose an alternate rule, that counts as my second book, right?
Yes.

Can I pick a featured or uncommon race from the PF:ARG?
Yes. The 10 RP, no monstrous traits limit only applies to custom races. Published races are kosher as-is, balance or otherwise.

Do 5e characters add starting gear to the 3000 gp?
Yes

Are healing potions 100 gp?
No - potions of healinghave an explicit price of 50 gp called out in equipment, so they use that specific price instead of the general price for other unpriced items.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:03 AM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9296
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Just to make sure it's addressed, how about the 'Clone' spell, astral projection, etc?

Does the body that collected the treasure need to be the one that escapes to avoid the penalty, or can you go deep collecting treasure, then 'kill' yourself for an immediate transfer of consciousness out of the dungeon?

And along the same vein, if your minions are in possession of a treasure, but trapped in the dungeon while you've escaped, do you suffer penalties?

Last edited by Gaijin; 04-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Force of Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
  • Do animal companions/cohorts/hirelings have to stay in the same room with you?
  • Do animal companions/cohorts/hirelings get their own actions each day, outside of combat?
Old 04-11-2018, 02:04 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
So here's a 5e hypothetical. Let's say I got an Efreeti Bottle, and then rolled a 100, and the Efreeti had to grant me three wishes. Could I just wish for all the treasure in the labyrinth to go into my Portable Hole, then wish to leave the labyrinth?

Also, can we take magic items from any book? Or only if that's our one extra book?

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 04-11-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:22 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzivalFair View Post
So here's a 5e hypothetical. Let's say I got an Efreeti Bottle, and then rolled a 100, and the Efreeti had to grant me three wishes. Could I just wish for all the treasure in the labyrinth to go into my Portable Hole, then wish to leave the labyrinth?
5e SRD"You can also do other things than the above examples. Describe your wishes to your DM in the most accurate way possible. The DM is free to determine what happens in this case; more desire, the more likely it is that something goes wrong."

Caveat emptor

Last edited by Gaijin; 04-11-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:32 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5149
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
In theory you should be able too, but I'd be weary about what the efreeti may consider as a "portable hole"
That would be a terrible, yet hilarious way to go
Old 04-11-2018, 02:38 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Well thanks for making me spit my tea out, Jim.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Gaijin; 04-11-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1657
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
I noticed that two of the other sources we can use are the MM and VGtM. What from these two monster sources are we allowed to use?
Old 04-11-2018, 09:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1458
Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos
Can we use our money in 5e for training skills and if so are we allowing the year and 250 gp to have been in their background. So an elf or other long lived race could have spent part of their life learning new skills for fun.

If we can use MM does that mean we could be werewolves, vampires or half-dragons?

Are you a Pathfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End

Last edited by Gulielmos; 04-11-2018 at 09:47 PM.